Journey to the West Chapter 35 A Visit to the King
《西游记》第三十五章:拜访国王
"Princess Hundred Flowers tricked me!" said the monster.
“百花公主骗了我!” 妖怪说。他气得跺脚。
He stamped his foot. Then he sighed.
然后,他叹了口气:
"I can't be angry with her. I love her too much. But that pig got away. He'll go back to the king, and troops will come."
“我不能生气。我太爱她了。可是,那头猪跑了。他会回到国王那里。国王会派军队来的。”
The monster thought for a minute. Finally he had a plan. He went to the princess' room.
妖怪想了一会儿。最后,他有了一个计划。他去了公主的房间。
"My sweet," said the monster. "I'm going to visit your father."
“亲爱的。” 妖怪说,“我要去拜访你的父亲。”
"What?" said Princess Hundred Flowers in shock.
“什么?” 百花公主震惊地说。
"I'm going to tell him what a nice fellow I am," said the monster.
“我会告诉他我是个很好的人。” 妖怪说,
"We can all be a happy family." Before the princess could say another word, the monster left the room.
“我们可以组成一个很幸福的家庭。”公主还没来得及说话,妖怪就走出了房间。
"I need a disguise," he said to himself. He recited a quick spell.
“我需要伪装一下。” 他自言自语地说。妖怪迅速念了个咒。
Light sparkled. The monster turned himself into a handsome young man.
一道光闪过。妖怪变成了一个英俊的年轻人。
"Ha-ha!" he laughed. Bajie ran back to the Precious Image Kingdom.
“哈哈!” 他笑道。八戒跑回了宝象国。
He told the king that he and Wujing couldn't save Princess Hundred Flowers.
他告诉国王他和悟净没能救回百花公主。
Bajie hung his head. "As I ran away, Wujing was captured."
八戒低着头说:“我跑回来了。悟净被抓了。”
"We must save my daughter," said the king. He gave an order to his guards.
“我们必须救我的女儿。” 国王说。他命令侍卫:
"Gather the troops!"A messenger ran into the court.
“召集军队!”这时,一个信使跑了进来。
"Your Majesty, your son-in-law is here to see you," said the messenger.
“陛下,您的女婿来见您了。” 信使说。
The king was confused. "I don't have a son-in-law!" A handsome young man walked into the hall.
国王很疑惑:“我没有女婿啊!”一个英俊的年轻人走进了大殿。
"Hello, Father. I'm sorry I haven't visited you until now." "Who are you?" asked the king.
“您好,岳父。很抱歉,我直到现在才来拜访您。”“你是谁?” 国王问。
"I married Princess Hundred Flowers 13 years ago," said the young man.
“13年前,我和百花公主成了亲。” 年轻人说,
"I found her in a forest just as a tiger was about to attack her. I saved her life and chased away the tiger."
“我在一片树林里发现了她。当时,有只老虎正要袭击她。我赶走了老虎,救了她。”
The king relaxed a little. "That was very brave." "Yes, it was very brave," said the young man.
国王放松了一点,说道:“你很勇敢。”“是的,我非常勇敢。” 年轻人说,
"However, that tiger has wanted revenge ever since. Sometime ago it became a spirit.
“但是,从那以后,老虎一直想报仇。不久前,它成了精。
Now it disguises itself as a monk." The young man looked at the Tang Monk. and pointed.
现在,他把自己扮成了一个和尚。” 年轻人看向唐僧。他指着唐僧说:
"That monk!" "What!" cried the Tang Monk. The king frowned. "I don't believe you."
“就是那个和尚!”“什么!” 唐僧大叫。国王皱起眉头说:“我不相信你。”
"I'll prove it," said the young man.He pointed at the monk and recited a spell.
“我会证明的。” 年轻人说。他指着唐僧念了个咒。
Light sparkled. Everybody gasped. A tiger sat in the Tang Monk's spot!
一道光闪过。每个人都大吃一惊。一只老虎坐在唐僧的位置!
In the stable, a boy was giving hay to the Tang Monk's horse.
在马厩里,一个男孩儿正在给唐僧的马喂草。
"Did you hear about the Tang Monk?" asked another boy.
“唐僧的事情,你听说了吗?” 另一个男孩儿问。
"He was really a tiger spirit. A handsome young man changed him back into his true form."
“他实际上是只老虎。有个英俊的年轻人让他现出了原形。”
"Wow," said the first boy. "Where is the tiger now?" "He's locked up in a cage," said the other boy.
“哦!” 第一个男孩儿说,“那只老虎现在在哪里?”“他被关在了笼子里。” 另一个男孩儿说。
That night Bajie was sitting alone outside when he heard a voice."Psst!" said the voice.
那天晚上,八戒一个人坐在外面。这时,他听见了一个声音。“喂!” 那个声音说,
"Bajie!" Bajie looked around. "Who's calling me?"
“八戒!”八戒看了看四周。“谁在叫我?”
He saw the horse behind a wall. "You're talking!" cried Bajie.
他看见马在墙的后面。“你在说话!” 八戒叫起来。
"Shh," said the horse. "We have a problem. A young man turned the Tang Monk into a tiger.
“嘘!” 马说,“我们有麻烦了。一个年轻人把唐僧变成了一只老虎。
The monk is locked in a cage now.""Oh, I know!" cried Bajie.
唐僧现在被关在笼子里了。”“哦,我知道!” 八戒叫道,
"It's terrible! Master is now a tiger, and Wujing was captured by a monster." He sighed.
“这太糟糕了!师父现在成了老虎,悟净又被妖怪抓了。” 他叹了口气。
"We can’t go to the West now. Let's just go home."
“现在不能去西天了。我们还是回家吧!”
The horse bit Bajie on the leg."Ouch!" cried Bajie.
马用力咬了一下八戒的腿。“啊!” 八戒叫道,
"Why did you bite me?" "We're not going home!" said the horse.
“你干吗咬我?”“我们不能回家!” 马说,
"The young man is probably just the monster in disguise. We need to defeat him and save Master."
“那个年轻人很可能是妖怪假扮的。我们得打败他,把师父救出来。”
"But how?" asked Bajie.The horse thought for a minute.
“但是,怎么做啊?” 八戒问。马想了一会儿:
"You must find Wukong. He can help us." Bajie shook his head. "He won't help us."
“你去找悟空。他可以帮我们。”八戒摇摇头说:“他不会帮我们的。”