手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第三十八章:八戒想睡觉

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West Chapter 38 Bajie Wants to Sleep

《西游记》第三十八章:八戒想睡觉

Time passed, and it was soon spring. The air grew warm, flowers bloomed, and birds swooped from tree to tree.

很快,春天来了。天气变暖,鲜花盛开,鸟儿在树上飞来飞去。

The road Wukong and the others were traveling began to go up a mountain.

师徒四人继续西行。他们准备翻过一座山。

Wukong stopped the group. "Bajie, go up the road and search the mountain.

悟空让大家停下。“八戒,你去看看山上的情况。

There might be a demon up there, and I don't want Master to get hurt."

山上可能有妖怪。我不想让师父受到伤害。”

"Ugh," moaned Bajie. "You make me do all the hard work." Bajie headed up the mountain unhappily.

“呃。” 八戒嘀咕道,“你总是让我干累活儿。” 八戒不高兴地向山上走去。

Wukong turned to the Tang Monk and Wujing.

悟空转身对唐僧和悟净说:

"I’m going to follow him. I want to make sure whether he’s searching the mountain."

“我去跟着他。我要看看他是不是真的在查山。”

Wukong turned invisible and followed Bajie.

悟空隐身后跟在八戒后面。

Bajie walked for a few minutes. When he was sure the others wouldn’t hear him, he turned around.

八戒走了一会儿。当他确定大家已经听不到自己的声音时,马上转过身来。

"You dummies!" shouted Bajie. "You make me do all the hard work! I won’t go this time! I’m going to take a nap.

“你个傻瓜!” 八戒大叫,“你总是让我干累活儿。这次,我才不去呢!我要睡一觉。

And when I come back, I'll lie and say I searched the mountain!"

等我回去的时候,我就撒谎说我已经查过山了!”

Bajie found a big log. He lay down behind it and fell fast asleep.

八戒找到了一个大木头。他躺在木头后面, 很快就睡着了。

"This pig is so lazy," thought Wukong. "I'll teach him a lesson."

“这头猪太懒了。” 悟空想,“我要教训他一下。”

Wukong turned himself into a woodpecker and pecked the log. Tap, tap, tap! Tap, tap, tap!

悟空变成了一只啄木鸟,开始啄木头。哒哒哒!哒哒哒!

Bajie rolled over and mumbled.Wukong pecked again.

八戒翻了个身,嘴里嘟囔着什么。悟空又开始啄。

Tap, tap, tap! Tap, tap, tap! Bajie sat up.

哒哒哒!哒哒哒!八戒坐了起来。

"Quit tapping, you annoying woodpecker! I'm trying to sleep!" He fell asleep again.

“别再啄了,讨厌的啄木鸟!我要睡觉!” 他又睡着了。

Wukong landed on Bajie's head. Tap, tap, tap! Tap, tap, tap!

悟空落在八戒的头上。哒哒哒!哒哒哒!

"Ouch!" cried Bajie, jumping to his feet. Wukong flew away. Bajie rubbed his head.

“啊!” 八戒大叫着跳了起来。悟空飞走了。八戒挠挠头。

"I can't even take a nap!" He sighed. "I guess I'll go back down."

“我连打个瞌睡都不行!” 他叹了口气,“我看我还是回去吧。”

When Bajie came back, he lied. "I searched the entire mountain," he said.

当八戒回来时,他撒了个谎。“我查了整座山。” 他说,

"It's safe." "Did you see any demons or monsters?" asked Wukong. Bajie shook his head.

“很安全。”“你看到什么妖魔鬼怪了吗?” 悟空说。八戒摇摇头。

"How about woodpeckers?" asked Wukong. "Did you see any of them?" Bajie looked surprised.

“那啄木鸟呢?” 悟空问,“你看到啄木鸟了吗?”八戒看上去很惊讶。

"What . . . how did you . . . ?" "That was me, Bajie!" shouted Wukong.

“什么……你怎么……?”“那是我啊,八戒!” 悟空大叫,

"You took a nap! You didn't search the mountain at all!"

“你去打瞌睡了!你根本就没去查山!”

Bajie hung his head."You should be ashamed of yourself, Bajie," said Wujing.

八戒低下了头。“八戒,你觉得好意思吗?” 悟净说。

The Tang Monk frowned. "Please go back and search the mountain, Bajie." Bajie headed back up the road.

唐僧皱起了眉头。“八戒,你再去查一遍吧。”八戒又走回去了。

He had walked for a while when he saw a fox. "I know that's you, Wukong!" he shouted.

他走了一会儿,看到了一只狐狸。“我知道你是悟空!” 他大叫。

He swung his rake. The fox ran away. A bird flew past Bajie's head.

他挥舞着钉耙。狐狸跑了。一只小鸟飞过了八戒的头顶。

"Get away from me, Wukong!" yelled Bajie.

“离我远点儿,悟空!” 八戒大叫。

As he waved the rake at the bird, Bajie tripped and fell."Wukong!" shouted Bajie.

当他向那只鸟挥舞钉耙时,不小心绊倒了自己。“悟空!” 八戒大叫,

"I know you're here. You're invisible, and you just tripped me."

“我知道你在这里!你隐身了。你还把我绊倒了!”

Bajie stood up. When he didn't see or hear Wukong, he continued walking.

八戒站了起来。等他确定没有听到,也没看到悟空之后,他才继续走。

Every time Bajie saw an animal, he waved his rake and yelled. The road became very steep.

八戒每看到一个动物,都要挥舞着钉耙大叫。路开始变得非常陡峭。

Bajie soon came to a cave. In front of the cave was a demon. Bajie held out his rake.

不一会儿,八戒走到一个洞穴前。一个妖怪站在洞穴门前。八戒举起了钉耙。

"Tell me who you are!" he demanded."My name is Golden Horn," said the demon. "Who are you?"

“你是谁?” 他大声问道。“我是金角大王。” 妖怪说,“你是谁?”

"I am Zhu Bajie," said Bajie. "I'm traveling to the Western Paradise with the Tang Monk."

“我是猪八戒。” 八戒说,“我正护送唐僧去西天。”

"Oh, the Tang Monk..." A smile curled along the demon's lips.

“哦,唐僧……” 妖怪嘴角扬起了笑意,

"I have heard that anyone who eats the Tang Monk will live forever."

“我听说,吃了唐僧可以长生不老。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
horn [hɔ:n]

想一想再看

n. 动物角,喇叭,触角,角状物,力量源泉

 
annoying [ə'nɔiiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 恼人的,讨厌的

 
steep [sti:p]

想一想再看

adj. 陡峭的,险峻的,(价格)过高的
n.

联想记忆
invisible [in'vizəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 看不见的,无形的
n. 隐形人(或物

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。