Journey to the West Chapter 36 Wukong's Trick
《西游记》第三十六章:悟空的骗局
"Why won't Wukong help us?" the horse asked Bajie. Bajie sighed.
“为什么悟空不会帮我们?” 马问八戒。八戒叹了口气。
"He told us never ask him for help again.
“他说过,再也不要去找他帮忙。
Plus I kept telling Master to use the Tight Headband spell. I'll bet the monkey is really mad at me."
而且,我一直让师父念紧箍咒。现在,那猴子一定非常讨厌我。”
"That doesn't matter now," said the horse. "You must get Wukong to come back."
“现在,这些都不重要了。” 马说,“你必须让悟空回来。”
Bajie hesitated for a moment and then leaped onto a cloud.
八戒犹豫了一会儿,跳上了一朵云飞走了。
Soon he arrived at the Fruit and Flower Mountain.
很快他就到了花果山。
He found Wukong sitting beside the big waterfall. Other monkeys were nearby.
他看到悟空坐在巨大的瀑布旁边。其他猴子都在附近。
They held swords and spears. They stared at Bajie silently. "Hello, Wukong," said Bajie.
他们举着剑和矛,都安静地看着八戒。“你好,悟空。” 八戒说,
"This is a lovely mountain." Wukong scowled. "Why did you come here?"
“这山真美。”悟空皱起了眉头说:“你来干什么?”
Bajie looked at the ground. "The Tang Monk would like you to come back," he mumbled.
八戒看着地面。“师父希望你回去。” 他嘟囔着说。
"Well, sorry," said Wukong, standing up. "He told me to leave. I'll never help him again."
“哦,对不起。” 悟空说着站起来,“他让我走的。我绝对不会再帮他了。”
"Please come back," said Bajie. "We all miss you." "I don't miss you," said Wukong.
“回去吧,求你了。” 八戒说,“我们都很想你。”“我可不想你们。” 悟空说,
"You told Master to use the Tight Headband spell. I should take out my iron bar and clobber you!"
“你让师父念紧箍咒。我真想用金箍棒痛打你一顿。”
Bajie forced a laugh. "I was just joking. I knew you were really just protecting Master."
八戒勉强一笑。“我那只是开玩笑的。我知道你是真的在保护师父。”
"It wasn't funny," said Wukong. "That spell really hurts!" Bajie began to cry.
“一点儿都不好笑。” 悟空说,“我的头真的很痛!”八戒开始哭起来。
"Please come back. The Tang Monk is in danger—big danger.
“求你回去吧。师父遇上危险了,非常危险。
A monster turned him into a tiger. And Wujing was captured."
有个妖怪把他变成了老虎。悟净也被抓了。”
Wukong shrugged. "Just tell the monster that Sun Wukong is your friend. He'll be scared and leave all of you alone."
悟空耸耸肩说:“你就跟那妖怪说,孙悟空是你的朋友。他会害怕的, 然后就会放了你们所有人。”
"Oh, I did tell him about you," Bajie lied. "Really?" Wukong leaned closer. "What did he say?"
“哦,我跟他说起过你的。” 八戒撒谎说。“真的吗?” 悟空靠近了一点,“他说什么?”
Bajie bit his lip. "He laughed and said that you're a tiny little coward."
八戒咬了一下嘴唇说:“他大笑着说你只是个矮小的胆小鬼。”
Wukong's eyes blazed with fury. "He will regret saying that! Let's go, Bajie!"
悟空的双眼燃起了怒火。“他会为他说的话后悔的!八戒,我们走!”
The monster was still disguised as a handsome young man.
妖怪依然扮成了英俊的年轻人。
He was sitting at the table, eating with the king and the queen.
他坐在桌前,正在和国王,王后吃饭。
A servant came in and handed a note to him. He read the note and stood up.
一个仆人走了进来,递了张纸条给他。他看了纸条上的内容后,站起来说:
"I'm sorry, Your Majesty, but I must go." He ran out of the dining hall.
“很抱歉,陛下。我得走了。” 他跑了出去。
The servant hid behind a pillar, watching the young man leave.
那个仆人躲在柱子后面,看着年轻人离开了。
Light sparkled, and the servant turned into Bajie. Bajie giggled.
一道光闪过,仆人变成了八戒。八戒咯咯直笑:
"The monster is going to be so surprised!" The young man ran outside and turned back into a monster.
“那妖怪会被吓一跳的!”年轻人跑了出去,变回了原样。
He flew through the air and returned to his pagoda.
他跳到云上,快速飞回了宝塔那里。
He burst through the door in a panic. Then he saw Princess Hundred Flowers and relaxed.
他很着急,一路冲进了大门。当他看到百花公主的时候,松了一口气。
"Oh, my sweet!" he cried. "I was so worried. I thought I had lost you forever!"
“哦,亲爱的!” 他说,“我刚才非常担心。我以为我永远失去你了!”
"Why did you think that?" asked the princess. The monster sighed.
“你为什么会那么想呢?” 公主问。妖怪叹了口气说:
"I got a note. It said there was a monkey here, and he was trying to destroy my pagoda."
“我收到了一张纸条。上面说有个猴子在这里。他要毁了我的宝塔。”
"A monkey was here earlier," said the princess.
“之前是有个猴子来过。” 公主说。
"Really?" said the monster. He looked around.
“真的吗?” 妖怪说。他四下看了看。
"He didn't destroy the pagoda. What did he want?"The princess hesitated.
“他没有毁了我的宝塔。他想要干什么?”公主犹豫了一下。
"You're not going to be happy about this," she said.
“你知道了肯定会不高兴的。” 她说,
"But he freed the monk you had captured." The monster looked angry. "How dare he—”
“他把你之前抓住的那个和尚放走了。”妖怪看上去很生气。“他怎么敢…...”
"The monkey did something else too," said the princess. "What did he do?" asked the monster.
“那猴子还做了点儿别的事情。” 公主说。“他做了什么?” 妖怪问。
There was a flash of light. Suddenly Wukong stood before the monster.
一道光闪过。悟空突然站在了妖怪面前。
Wukong smiled. "I freed the princess too!"
悟空微微一笑,说:“我把公主也放走了!”