Journey to the West Chapter 34 Tricked by the Princess
《西游记》第三十四章:公主的骗局
The Tang Monk was tied up in a room. He heard his companions yelling at the monster.
唐僧被绑在房间里。他听见自己的徒弟正对着妖怪叫喊。
"Hand over the Tang Monk now!" shouted Bajie.
“把唐僧交出来!” 八戒叫道。
Crash! The Tang Monk heard the sound of weapons clashing. "I hope they rescue me," said the monk.
哐当!唐僧听到了兵器撞击的声音。“希望他们可以把我救出去。” 唐僧说。
A young woman entered the room."Wh-who are you?" asked the Tang Monk.
一个年轻的女子走进了房间。“你…...你是谁?” 唐僧问。
"I'm imprisoned here," said the woman.
“我被关在这里。” 女子说,
"That monster kidnapped me 13 years ago and won't let me leave. Will you help me?"
“13年前,那个妖怪把我抓到这里,不让我离开。你能帮帮我吗?”
"I wish I could help you," said the Tang Monk.
“我也希望我可以帮助你。” 唐僧说。
He showed the young woman his ropes."I can help you untie the rope," said the young woman.
他给女子看了绑住他的绳子。“我可以帮你解开绳子。” 女子说,
"Would you deliver a letter to my parents?" "Of course," said the monk. "Who are your parents?"
“你能帮我带一封信给我的父母吗?”“当然。” 唐僧说,“你的父母是谁?”
"They're the king and queen of the Precious Image Kingdom," said the young woman.
“他们是宝象国的国王和王后。” 女子说,
"I am Princess Hundred Flowers." Bajie and Wujing were still fighting the monster.
“我是百花公主。”八戒和悟净依然在和妖怪打斗。
Just then, the princess came outside. "Monster!" she cried. "I need your help."
这时,公主跑到了外面。“大王!” 她大叫,“我需要你的帮助。”
Right away the monster stopped fighting and turned to the princess.
妖怪立刻停止了打斗,转向公主。
"What can I do for you, my sweet?" asked the monster.
“我可以为你做什么,亲爱的?” 妖怪问。
"There's a monk inside," said the princess. "It makes me so sad to see him tied up. Won't you let him go?"
“里面有个和尚。” 公主说,“看到他被绑起来,我很伤心。你能放他走吗?”
The monster hesitated. "That monk isn't an ordinary monk. He's the—"Princess Hundred Flowers pretended to cry.
妖怪犹豫了一下。“那和尚不是普通的和尚。他是……”这时,百花公主假装哭了起来。
The monster held up his hands. "Okay, okay, sweetie. You know I only want you to be happy. The monk may go."
妖怪举起了手。“好了,好了,亲爱的。只要你高兴,我就放了那个和尚。”
The monster followed the princess back into the pagoda.Bajie and Wujing looked at each other in confusion.
妖怪跟着公主回到了宝塔里。八戒和悟净困惑地看了看彼此。
"The monster is going to free him?" mumbled Bajie. A moment later the Tang Monk came out.
“那妖怪要放了唐僧?” 八戒说。过了一会儿,唐僧出来了。
"There's something we must do," he said quietly to his followers.
“我们有件事必须去做。” 他悄悄地跟他的徒弟说。
That afternoon they reached the palace of the Precious Image Kingdom.
那天下午,他们到了宝象国的宫殿。
The queen was reading the letter from her daughter.
王后正在读她女儿写来的信。
Tears were in her eyes."Our poor daughter," said the queen.
她的眼睛里充满泪水。“我们可怜的女儿。” 王后说,
"She’s been imprisoned all these years."
“这么多年,她一直被关着。”
The king stood up, his eyes blazing with anger. He called to his general, who was standing nearby.
国王站了起来,眼睛里冒着怒火。他马上命令身边的侍卫。
"Gather your troops," said the king. "I must defeat the monster and save my daughter!"
“召集你的部队。” 国王说,“我一定要打败那妖怪,救出我的女儿!”
"Forgive me, Your Majesty," said the general.
“对不起,陛下。” 侍卫长说,
"But we are just men. How can we defeat such a powerful monster?"
“我们只是凡人。我们怎么才能打败那个厉害的妖怪呢?”
"My two followers are powerful spirits, Your Majesty.” The Tang Monk spoke up.
“我的两个徒弟都很厉害,陛下。” 唐僧开口说,
“I'm sure they can rescue your daughter." Soon Bajie and Wujing were back at the pagoda.
“我保证,他们会把您的女儿救回来的。”很快,八戒和悟净回到了宝塔那里。
Bajie swung his rake. Crash! The door was smashed open.
八戒举起他的钉耙。哗啦!宝塔门被砸开了。
"Get out here, demon!" he shouted. The monster ran outside.
“妖怪,出来!” 他大叫。妖怪跑了出来。
"This is too much!" he yelled. "I let the monk go free. Why did you smash my door down?"
“你太过分了!” 他大叫,“我都放那个和尚走了。你们为什么还砸坏我的门?”
"We're here for the princess," said Wujing. "The king of the Precious Image Kingdom sent us."
“我们来这里接公主回去。” 悟净说,“是宝象国的国王派我们来的。”
"You can't take the princess away," said the monster. "We are in love."Bajie and Wujing attacked.
“你们不可能带公主走的。” 妖怪说,“我们很相爱。”八戒和悟净发起了攻击。
The monster blocked their weapons. They fought for over an hour.Finally Bajie, tired from fighting, turned and ran.
妖怪挡住了他们的兵器。他们打了一个多小时。最后,八戒打累了,转身跑了。
Wujing was furious. "Bajie!" he shouted. "Where are you-—oof!"
悟净非常生气。“八戒!” 他大叫,“你去哪里——啊!”
The monster knocked out Wujing and tied him up. He dragged Wujing into the pagoda and locked him in a room.
妖怪打倒了悟净,并把他捆了起来。他把悟净拖进了宝塔,锁在一个房间里。
"The king knows that the princess is here," said the monster to himself.
“国王知道公主在这里。” 妖怪自言自语地说,
"But how?" He tapped his chin and thought."Aha!" he said.
“他是怎么知道的?” 他摸着下巴思考着。“啊哈!” 他说,
"The princess must have asked that monk to go to the king."
“公主一定是让那个和尚给国王带信了。”
His eyes became dark and angry. "She tricked me!"
他眼睛里冒着怒火。“她骗了我!”