Journey to the West Chapter 15 Tea with a Dragon
《西游记》第十五章:龙宫饮茶
The Tang Monk looked at the robbers. He was shaking.
唐僧看着这群强盗。他浑身发抖。
"I'm s-sorry," he said. "But . . . we're just monks. We don't have any money."
“抱......抱歉!”他说,“但是......我们只不过是两个和尚。我们一点儿钱都没有。”
"Then give us whatever else you have," said one robber. He came closer.
“那就有什么就给什么。”一个强盗说着走近了他们。
"Please, sir," said the monk. "We—"
“求求你们!”唐僧说,“我们......”
Wukong put up his hand. "I'll deal with these robbers, Master."
悟空抬起了手。“我来处理这些强盗吧!师父。”
Wukong approached the men. They all laughed.
悟空走向这群强盗。他们都大笑起来。
"Look at the little monkey!" said one of them.
“看这只小猴子!”其中一人说。
Wukong laughed too. "Yes, I am a monkey. And I am rather small, it's true."
悟空也大笑起来:“是,我是只猴子。我的个头很小,这是事实。”
He removed the iron bar from his ear. "But you should be scared of me anyway."
他从耳朵里取出了金箍棒。“但是,你们应该还是怕我的。”
His iron bar grew, and his eyes flashed red with anger.
他的金箍棒一直变大。他的眼睛里闪烁着怒火。
"The monkey is a spirit!" cried one man.
“那猴子是个妖怪!”一个男人大叫。
"Run!" cried another.
“快跑!”另一个男人叫道。
The robbers tripped over one another, trying to get away. Wukong raised the iron bar, ready to strike.
这群强盗一个绊倒一个,拼命想要逃走。悟空举起金箍棒,准备朝他们砸下去。
"Stop, Wukong!" cried the Tang Monk. "Don't hurt them!"
“住手,悟空!”唐僧高叫,“不要伤害他们!”
Wukong turned around as the men ran away. "Why not?" he asked. "They were going to hurt us."
悟空转过身来,那群人飞快地跑走了。“为什么?”悟空问,“他们要害我们啊!”
"A Buddhist monk never hurts people," said the monk. "I would rather get hurt than hurt someone else."
“佛家以慈悲为怀,从不伤人。”唐僧说,“我宁愿自己受伤,也不愿伤到他人。”
Wukong laughed. "That's ridiculous. We should have beaten them up!"
悟空大笑:“简直太可笑了。我们就应该打他们!”
The Tang Monk shook his head. "You are cruel and violent, Wukong."
唐僧摇摇头:“你太残忍,太暴力了,悟空。”
Wukong was angry. "I just saved your life!" he cried. "How dare you scold me!"
悟空生气了。“我刚刚救了你的命!”他大叫,“你怎么能责怪我!
He paused. "I don't have to accept this treatment. I'm leaving!"
“悟空停了一下又说:“我无法接受。我走了!”
Wukong leaped into the air and was gone.
悟空跳上空中不见了。
The Tang Monk sighed and then continued his journey. Later that day he saw an old woman.
唐僧叹了口气,继续赶路。后来,他看到了一个老妇人。
"Monk," said the woman. "Where are you going?"
“高僧。”那妇人说,“你要去哪里?”
"I'm going to the Western Paradise," said the Tang Monk.
“我要去西天。”唐僧回答。
"Don't you have anyone with you?" asked the woman. "You can't go there alone."
“没有人和你一起去吗?”妇人问,“你一个人没法去那里的。”
"I did have a companion," said the Tang Monk.
“我曾有一个同伴。”唐僧说,
"But he got angry when I scolded him for being violent. He left."
“因为他的暴力行为,我责怪了他。他就生气走了。”
"Your companion will come back," said the woman.
“你的同伴会回来的。”那妇人说,
"When he does, trick him into putting this on." She pulled a metal headband out of her bag.
“他回来的时候,骗他戴上这个。”她从袋子里拿出了一个金属做的头箍。
"Whenever he misbehaves, recite the Tight Headband spell."
“只要他行为不当,你就念这紧箍咒。”
The old woman whispered a magical spell to the Tang Monk.
那老妇人悄悄地把口诀告诉了唐僧。
"Thank you," said the Tang Monk. "But how did you—"
“谢谢您!”唐僧说,“但您怎么会... ...”
There was a flash of bright light, and the woman rose into the air.
这时一道光闪过,那妇人升到了空中。
"The bodhisattva Guanyin!" cried the Tang Monk. He got down from his horse and bowed.
“观音菩萨!”唐僧叫道。他赶紧从马上下来行礼。
Meanwhile Wukong sat in the palace of the Dragon King of the Eastern Sea.
此时,悟空正坐在东海龙宫里。
He and the Dragon King were drinking tea.
他和龙王正在喝茶。
"I hope you've learned from your punishment," said the Dragon King.
“我希望你能从所受的惩罚中吸取教训。”龙王说。
"Yes, I have," said Wukong. "I won't cause any more trouble for the Jade Emperor."
“有啊,我有吸取教训啊。”悟空说,“我不会再给玉帝惹麻烦了。”
The Dragon King sipped his tea. "What will you do now?"
龙王喝了一口茶。“你现在做什么呢?”
"I was traveling west with a monk, to get scriptures from Buddha," said Wukong. "I promised Guanyin I would do it."
“我本来是陪一个和尚去西天取经。”悟空说,“我向观音菩萨保证的。”
The Dragon King smiled. "That's wonderful!"
龙王笑了。“那很不错啊!”
Wukong shrugged. "Yes, well, I'm not doing it anymore."
悟空耸耸肩。“是不错,但我现在不干了。”
The Dragon King put down his teacup. "Why not?"
龙王放下了茶杯:“为什么?”
"That monk had a bad attitude," said Wukong. "He yelled at me. He said I was cruel and violent."
“那和尚态度不好。”悟空说,“他对我大喊大叫。他说我又残忍又暴力。”
The Dragon King coughed nervously. "Well, Wukong. The monk has a point."
龙王紧张地咳起来。“嗯,悟空。那和尚说的也不是不对。”
Wukong glared at the king. "What do you mean?"
悟空瞪着龙王。“你什么意思?”
The king hesitated and then said, "You are violent sometimes."
龙王犹豫了一下说道:“你有时候确实很暴力。”
Wukong folded his arms and looked at the ground.
悟空双臂交叉看着地面。
The Dragon King continued. "Not only that, but you made a promise to Guanyin.
龙王继续说:“不仅如此,你已经向观音菩萨保证了。
Perhaps, Wukong, it is you who has a bad attitude?"
悟空,也许你才是那个态度不好的人?”