手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第十四章:护送的承诺

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West Chapter 14 A Promise to Protect

《西游记》第十四章:护送的承诺

The Tang Monk trembled with fear.

唐僧吓得发抖。

The angry voice spoke again. "Who is walking on my mountain?"

那个愤怒的声音再次说道:“谁在我的山上走动?”

"Ahh!" cried the Tang Monk.

“啊!”唐僧大叫。

He fell off his horse and tumbled down the mountain.

他从马上摔了下来,滚下了山。

At the bottom he saw a crack between the rocks.

他在山脚的岩石之间看到了一条裂缝。

The monk looked in and saw a moss-covered monkey peering out at him.

唐僧朝裂缝里看去,结果看到了一只浑身盖满青苔的猴子正在看着他。

"My name is Sun Wukong," said the monkey. "I am king of the Fruit and Flower Mountain."

“我是孙悟空。”猴子说,“我是花果山的大王。”

"Why are you in there?" asked the Tang Monk. He stood up.

“你为什么在这里?”唐僧问。他站了起来。

"Buddha put me here," said Wukong. "I am being punished for causing trouble in Heaven. Who are you?"

“如来佛祖把我压在这里。”悟空说,“因为我大闹天宫受了罚。你是谁?”

"I'm just a monk," said the Tang Monk. "I'm going to the Western Paradise to get scriptures from Buddha."

“我是个和尚。”唐僧说,“我要去西天从佛祖那里取得真经。”

Wukong gasped. "You're the Tang Monk!" he cried. "I'm supposed to go with you!"

悟空大吃一惊。“你是唐僧!”他大叫,“我得和你一起去!”

The Tang Monk took a step back. Was this strange monkey telling the truth?

唐僧退后了一步。这只奇怪的猴子说的是真的吗?

"The bodhisattva Guanyin visited me," Wukong went on.

“观音菩萨来看过我。”悟空继续说道,

"She said I'd be set free if I promise to protect you on the journey. Set me free, and I'll go with you to the west."

“她说只要我保证一路护送你,我就可以自由。放我出来吧!我和你一起去西天。”

The Tang Monk relaxed. He looked at the rocks. "How can I free you?"

唐僧放松许多。他看了看那些岩石:“我怎么才能放你出来呢?”

"There's a small piece of paper on top of this mountain," said Wukong. "You must remove it."

“这座山的山顶上有一张小符咒。”悟空说,“你必须把它拿下来。”

The Tang Monk went back up the mountain. He pushed aside shrubs and brambles and pulled himself over large boulders.

唐僧又爬回了山顶。他用力将灌木荆棘都压倒,辛苦地爬过一块块巨大的岩石。

Finally he reached the mountain's peak.

最后,他终于到了山顶。

The monk picked up the paper. Right away a breeze swept it from his hand.

唐僧把那张符咒拿了下来。符咒立刻被一阵风吹走了。

The paper floated up and then disappeared among the clouds.

那符咒一路飘荡,最后消失在了云里。

The monk hurried back down the mountain. "The paper floated away," he said to the monkey.

唐僧赶紧回到山脚下。“符咒飞走了。”他告诉悟空。

"It returned to Buddha," said Wukong. "Now step back."

“它回到佛祖那里去了。”悟空说,“现在,退后。”

The Tang Monk took a step back.

唐僧往后退了一步。

"Go farther," said Wukong.

“再退远一点儿。”悟空说。

The monk took another step back.

唐僧又退了一步。

"Go farther," said Wukong again.

“再远点儿。”悟空说。

The Tang Monk went far from the mountain. He gasped as the entire mountain rose into the air.

唐僧离那山远远的。当他看到整座山升到了空中时,非常惊讶。

Wukong stood under the mountain, holding it up with his hands.

悟空站在山底下,用双手举起了那座山。

He jumped out, and the mountain crashed down behind him.

悟空跳了出来,那山在他身后被摔得粉碎。

Wukong grabbed the Tang Monk's hands. "Thank you, Master! I will help you reach the Western Paradise."

悟空抓住了唐僧的双手:“谢谢你,师父!我会护送你去西天。”

The Tang Monk rode the horse as Wukong walked.

唐僧骑马,悟空步行。他们一起上路了。

The monkey told the monk about himself. "The Jade Emperor's entire army couldn't defeat me."

悟空向唐僧介绍了自己。“玉帝的所有天兵天将都败在我手下。”

He laughed. "So I said I should be in charge of Heaven."

悟空大笑,“所以我说,我应该掌管天庭。”

"What powers do you have?" asked the Tang Monk.

“你有什么本事?”唐僧问。

"I can become other animals," said Wukong. "Watch this!"

“我可以变成其他动物。”悟空说,“你看!”

He quickly changed into a tiger. The Tang Monk gulped.

他迅速变成了一只老虎。唐僧吓了一跳。

Wukong changed into a snake, a vulture, and then back into himself.

悟空接着又变成了蛇、秃鹰,最后又变回了自己。

"And that's not all," he said. "I can grow big!" The monkey's body grew so big that his head reached the clouds.

“这还不是全部。”他说,“我可以变大!”悟空的身体变得非常非常大,他的头可以碰到天上的云朵。

"And I can become tiny!" said Wukong. He shrank to the size of a bee and hopped onto the monk's head.

“我还可以变小!”悟空说。他将身体缩到一只蜜蜂那么大,跳到了唐僧的脑袋上。

"I can do more!" said Wukong. He changed back to his normal size. His iron bar appeared from his ear.

“我还会更多!”悟空说。他变回了正常的大小。他从耳朵里拿出金箍棒。

The monkey spun it around and then struck a huge boulder.

悟空四下舞动着金箍棒,打在了一块巨大的石头上。

Smash! The boulder exploded into tiny pieces.

哗啦!那石头裂成了碎片。

The Tang Monk watched in horror.

唐僧害怕地看着这一切。

Wukong laughed. "Don't look so scared, Master. I'm protecting you!"

悟空大笑:“不用这么害怕,师父。我会保护你的!”

The two traveled farther until they saw a group of men blocking the road.

他们两个人正继续走着,遇到了一群男人,拦住了他们的路。

The men looked rough and mean. They all had weapons.

那些人看起来很可怕。他们都拿着兵器。

One man stepped forward and waved a sword. "Give us your money, or you'll be sorry!"

一个男人上前一步,挥舞着宝剑:“把你们的钱交出来,要不我们就不客气了!”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
vulture ['vʌltʃə]

想一想再看

n. 秃鹰,兀鹰,贪婪的人

联想记忆
boulder ['bəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 大圆石,巨砾

联想记忆
sword [sɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 剑,刀

 
remove [ri'mu:v]

想一想再看

v. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁
n. 去除

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
protect [prə'tekt]

想一想再看

vt. 保护,投保

联想记忆
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
crack [kræk]

想一想再看

v. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑

联想记忆
relaxed [ri'lækst]

想一想再看

adj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。