手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第九章:蟠桃园

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West Chapter 9 The Peach Garden

《西游记》第九章:蟠桃园

Wukong plucked a peach from a branch and bit into it.

悟空从树上摘下桃子吃了一口。

"This peach tastes wonderful!" he said. He ate another peach. And then he ate another one.

“这个桃子太好吃了!”他说。他又吃了一个。接着就一个又一个地吃起来。

Each morning after that, Wukong secretly ate more and more peaches.

自那以后,每天早上,悟空都偷吃蟠桃,偷吃的越来越多。

After eating he climbed into a tree and took a nap.

悟空每天吃完蟠桃后,就爬到树上打盹。

Time went by, and Wukong enjoyed his life in Heaven.

时间过得很快,悟空很喜欢天庭的生活。

Meanwhile the queen of Heaven was busy. It was almost time for the annual Peach Festival.

这时,王母娘娘也非常忙。一年一次的蟠桃宴就要到了。

She called for her maidens, Red Gown and Blue Gown.

她叫来了侍女红衣和蓝衣。

"How may we help you?" asked Red Gown.

“您有什么吩咐?”红衣问。

"The Peach Festival is tomorrow," said the queen. "All the important gods and spirits in Heaven will be here.

“明天就是蟠桃宴了。”王母娘娘说,“天上所有神仙都会来。

I also invited the bodhisattva Guanyin, the goddess of mercy. Go to the Peach Garden now, and pick plenty of ripe peaches."

我还邀请了观音菩萨。现在你们就去蟠桃园,多摘些成熟的蟠桃来。”

Red Gown and Blue Gown went to the garden. As soon as they went through the gate, both maidens gasped.

红衣和蓝衣去了蟠桃园。这两位侍女刚踏进蟠桃园的大门,就被眼前的景象惊呆了。

"Where are all the peaches?" cried Red Gown.

“蟠桃都去哪儿了?”红衣大叫。

"They're . . . gone!" cried Blue Gown.

“蟠桃……蟠桃不见了!”蓝衣大叫。

"This is terrible!" said Red Gown. "The queen will be angry!"

“这下完了!”红衣说,“王母娘娘必定大怒!”

Wukong had been sleeping up on a branch . When he heard the maidens, he woke up.

悟空一直在树上睡觉。侍女们说话的声音把他吵醒了。

"Who's making all this noise?" he asked, jumping down to the ground. "I'm trying to sleep!"

“是谁在吵闹?”他跳到地上问,“我刚要睡着呢!”

The maidens were startled. "We're sorry to wake you, sir," said Red Gown.

侍女们被吓了一跳。“很抱歉吵醒了您,大人。”红衣说,

"We came to pick peaches for the Peach Festival. Do you know what happened to—"

“我们是来为蟠桃宴摘取蟠桃的。您知道这里出了什么......”

"The Peach Festival?" said Wukong. His eyes lit up. "I didn't hear about that."

“蟠桃宴?”悟空说。他的眼睛一亮:“我没听说过蟠桃宴。”

"Oh, it's a wonderful festival," said Blue Gown. "All the important gods and spirits will be there."

“哦,那是非常盛大的宴会。” 蓝衣说,“天上所有的神仙都会参加。”

"That sounds like fun," said Wukong. "I'm sure I'm invited, right?"

“听上去很有意思。”悟空说,“那一定也邀请我了,是不是?”

Red Gown bit her lip. "Um, I don't think so."

红衣咬了咬嘴唇:“嗯,好像没有。”

Wukong was furious. "The queen did not invite me? I'm just as important as any other spirit or god!"

悟空大怒:“王母娘娘居然没邀请我?我难道不如其他神仙重要吗?”

The maidens looked nervous.

侍女们吓坏了。

"Sir," said Blue Gown. "Where are the peaches?"

“大人!”蓝衣说,“蟠桃都哪儿去了?”

"I ate them," said Wukong. "I ate every single one! And they were delicious!"

“我吃了!”悟空说,“我已经把蟠桃吃光了!那味道真好!”

"Oh no!" cried Red Gown. "We must tell the queen."

“哦,不!”红衣大叫,“我们得告诉王母娘娘。”

"No, you're not going to tell the queen," said Wukong.

“不!你们不能告诉王母娘娘!”悟空说。

He quickly said a spell. Instantly Red Gown and Blue Gown fell asleep.

他快速念了个咒语。红衣和蓝衣立刻睡着了。

Wukong looked at all the empty peach trees. He shook his head. "I'm in big trouble."

悟空看着所有空空荡荡的桃树,摇了摇头:“我惹了大麻烦了。”

When Red Gown and Blue Gown woke up, they ran back to the Cloud Palace.

红衣和蓝衣醒来后,她们跑回了凌霄宝殿。

"Your Majesty!" cried Red Gown. "Something terrible has happened! Sun Wukong ate all the peaches!"

“娘娘!”红衣大叫,“不好了!孙悟空把所有蟠桃都吃光了!”

"He got very angry and cast a spell on us," added Blue Gown. "When we woke up, he was gone."

“他还大发脾气,对着我们念咒。”蓝衣接着说,“我们醒过来的时候,他就不见了。”

The queen's eyes flashed with anger. She went to the royal court and told the Jade Emperor.

王母娘娘大怒,她去告诉了玉帝。

"That horrible monkey!" cried the emperor. He turned to his captain.

“大胆的猴子!”玉帝大声说。他转向天将。

"Gather 100,000 soldiers. I want Wukong arrested!"

“召集十万天兵天将,必须把孙悟空给我抓回来!”

The captain nodded and then left the palace.

天将领命,马上离开了天庭。

Meanwhile the bodhisattva Guanyin left her home on Mount Potalaka in the South Sea.

与此同时,观音菩萨向天庭出发了。

She soon arrived at the Cloud Palace.

她很快就到了天庭。

"I'm sorry to tell you this," said the queen. "But there won't be a peach festival."

“我真的很抱歉!”王母娘娘说,“蟠桃宴开不成了。”

"Why not?" asked Guanyin.

“怎么了?”观音菩萨问。

"A monkey named Sun Wukong ate all the peaches," said the emperor.

“有个叫孙悟空的猴子吃光了所有的蟠桃。”玉帝说,

"I sent 100,000 soldiers to arrest him. They'll bring him back to Heaven soon."

“我已经派了十万天兵天将前去捉拿他。很快那猴子就会被带回来。”

Just then a messenger ran into the court. "We need more soldiers, Your Majesty!"

就在这个时候,一个信使跑上殿来:“陛下,我们还需要更多兵将!”

“What?” cried the emperor.

“什么!”玉帝大叫。

“Wukong defeated the entire army,” said the messenger.

“孙悟空打败了整支军队。”信使说。

The Jade Emperor put his head in his hands. “We don’t have any more soldiers!”

玉帝用手撑住了额头。“我们已经没有兵将可派了!”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
branch [brɑ:ntʃ]

想一想再看

n. 分支,树枝,分店,分部
v. 分支,分岔

 
cast [kɑ:st]

想一想再看

v. 投,掷,抛,铸造,丢弃,指定演员,加起来,投射(目

 
peach [pi:tʃ]

想一想再看

n. 桃子,桃树,桃红色
v. 揭发,检举

 
mercy ['mə:si]

想一想再看

n. 怜悯,宽恕,仁慈,恩惠
adj.

 
gather ['gæðə]

想一想再看

v. 聚集,聚拢,集合
n. 集合,聚集

 
arrest [ə'rest]

想一想再看

vt. 逮捕,拘留
n. 逮捕,拘留

联想记忆
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
messenger ['mesindʒə]

想一想再看

n. 报信者,先驱

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。