Far away, in another corner of the world dragons were only make-believe.
在世界上遥远的另一个角落,龙之一族只是传说。
A party trick conjured by Wizards on Midsummer's Eve. No more frightening than fairy dust.
是巫师们在仲夏夜的派对上施咒的把戏,还不如魔法仙尘可怕。
Bilbo! And that, my dear Frodo is where I come in. Bilbo! Bilbo.
比尔博!亲爱的比尔博,就是在这个时候我登场了。比尔博!比尔博。
It was the beginning of an unlikely friendship that has lasted all my life.
一段不太可能的友谊就此展开,让我维系了一辈子。
But it is not the start of my story. For me, it began... Well, it began as you might expect.
但我的故事不是从这里开始的,对我来说开端是……一开始就如你所预料的一样。
In a hole in the ground, there lived a Hobbit.
在地里洞穴中住着一个霍比特人。
Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole full of worms and oozy smells. This was a Hobbit hole.
不是那种又脏又湿,满是虫子的臭洞穴。这是一个霍比特穴。
And that means good food, a warm hearth and all the comforts of home.
那意味着美食和温暖的壁炉,还有舒适家中所需的一切。
Thank you. -What's this? -That is private. Keep your sticky paws off. It's not ready yet.
谢谢。-这是什么?私人物品。把你那粘糊糊的爪子拿开。这个还没好。
Not ready for what? -Reading.
还没好要干嘛?-阅读。
What on earth are these? -Replies to the party invitations. -Good gracious. Is it today?
这些是什么鬼东西?-派对邀请的回函。-老天,是今天吗?
They all say they're coming. Except for the Sackville-Bagginses, who are demanding you ask them in person.
他们全都要来。除了塞克维尔巴金斯一家期待你的亲自邀约。
Are they, indeed? Over my dead body. -They'd probably find that quite agreeable.
是吗?等我死了再说。-他们会喜欢那个主意。
They seem to think you have tunnels overflowing with gold.
他们似乎觉得你在隧道里藏满了金子。
It was one small chest, hardly overflowing. And it still smells of Troll.
我只有一个小柜子,还装不满。闻起来还有巨怪的味道。
What on earth are you doing? -Taking precautions. You know I caught her making off with the silverware once.
你到底在做什么?-防范措施!她曾被我抓到偷拿银器。
Who? - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.
谁?- 罗贝拉·塞克维尔-巴金斯。
She had all my spoons stuffed in her pocket. Ha! Dreadful woman.
她把我所有的银汤匙塞口袋里。恐怖的婆娘。