Patsy:We're going to invite the Bakers over for dinner.
我们要请贝克家过来吃饭
Bryce:What? I don't know, Mom.
什么 有点意外啊 妈妈
Patsy:I think that's a marvelous idea.
这是个很棒的主意
Patsy, what purpose does this serve?
帕茜 干嘛请他们来
Patsy:Trina Baker is a very nice person.
翠娜·贝克人很不错
And Matt and Mark are really cool. I hate cool.
马特跟马克也很酷 我讨厌酷
Patsy:Something we should've done years ago.
几年前就该请他们吃饭了
Dad:Yeah, but we didn't. And now we can't.
是啊 当初没有 现在就更不行了
The statute of limitations has run out.
时机已经错过了
Patsy:We're having the Bakers over for dinner.
请贝克家过来吃饭请定了
Dad:If this is about what I said last night, I'm sorry, okay?
如果是因为昨晚我所说的话 我道歉 好吗
But, you know, having them over for dinner is not gonna fix his brother.
可是请他们过来吃饭也治不好他弟弟
Patsy:It's going to be a sit-down dinner.
这将是个正式晚宴
And I expect everyone to dress accordingly.
希望大家衣着得体
Dad:Oh, God. Can't we just have a barbecue?
天哪 就弄个烧烤不好吗
Patsy:It's going to be a sit-down dinner.
是正式晚宴
Dad:Just shoot me now.
杀了我吧
Patsy:Careful what you wish for.
这话可不能乱说
Bryce:So that was it.
于是就这么定了
A dress-up, sit-down dinner
正式着装的正式晚宴
with Juli Baker was in my immediate future.
不久就要和朱莉·贝克坐在一个饭桌上了
And that made seeing Juli at school more uncomfortable.
这让我在学校看见朱莉时更不自然了