BREDA: If l could just find out a bit more about you...
布莱达:如果我能再多了解一些关于你的信息……
DAN: OK.
丹:好的。
BREDA: So, you said you wanted to compete-have you ever won any photography competitions?
布莱达:那么你说你想要参加比赛,你之前赢过什么摄影比赛吗?
DAN: Not yet, but I have entered three in the past.
丹:还没有,但我参加过三次。
BREDA: Oh, that's interesting. So why don't you tell me something about those? Let's start with the first one.
布莱达:哦,那很有意思。那你能告诉我一些关于这些比赛的事情吗?我们从第一个比赛开始说起。
DAN: Well, the theme was entitled 'Domestic Life'.
丹:嗯,第一个比赛的主题是‘家庭生活’。
BREDA: I see-so it had to be something related to the home?
布莱达:我明白了,所以必须是与家有关的东西?
DAN: Yeah. I chose to take a photo of a family siting round the dinner table having a meal, and, um, I didn't win, but I did get some feedback.
丹:是的。我选择拍摄了一家人围坐在餐桌旁吃饭的照片,嗯,我没有赢,但我得到了一些反馈。
BREDA: Oh, what did the judges say?
布莱达:哦,评委们怎么说?
DAN: That it was too 'busy' as a picture.
丹:他们说照片太‘杂乱’了。
BREDA: Aha-so it was the composition of the picture that they criticised?
布莱达:啊哈,所以他们批评的是照片的构图?
DAN: That's right-and once they'd told me that, I could see my mistake.
丹:没错,他们一告诉我,我就看出了自己的错误。
BREDA: So what was the theme of the second competition?
布莱达:那第二个比赛的主题是什么?
DAN: Well, my university was on the coast and that area gets a lot of beautiful sunsets, so that was the theme.
丹:嗯,我的大学在海边,那里常常可以看到美丽的日落,所以主题就是日落。
BREDA: Oh, sunsets, that's a great theme.
布莱达:哦,日落,那是个很棒的主题。
DAN: Yes. The instructions were to capture the clouds as well-it couldn't just be blue sky and a setting sun.
丹:是的。比赛要求是还要捕捉到云彩,不能只有蓝天和落日。
BREDA: Sure, cause they give you all those amazing pinks and purples.
布莱达:当然,因为云彩会呈现给你所有令人惊叹的粉色和紫色。
DAN: Yeah-and I thought I'd done that well, but the feedback was that I should have waited a bit longer to get the shot.
丹:是的,我原以为我拍得很好,但评委的反馈是我应该再等久一点再拍摄。
BREDA: l see. So the timing wasn't right.
布莱达:我明白了。所以是时机不对。
DAN: Yes. I took it too soon, basically. And then the third competition I entered was called 'Animal Magic'.
丹:是的,总的来说,我拍得太早了。然后我参加的第三个比赛叫做‘动物魔法’。
BREDA: Well, that's a difficult subject!
布莱达:哇,那是个难题!
DAN: I know! I had to take hundreds of shots.
丹:我知道!我不得不拍摄几百张照片。
BREDA: I'm sure -because animals move all the time.
布莱达:我相信,因为动物一直会动。
DAN: That's what we had to show-there had to be some movement in the scene.
丹:那就是我们要展示的——场景中必须有一些动作。
I got a great shot of a fox in the end, but I took it at night and, well, I suspected that it was a bit dark, which is what I was told.
最后我拍到了一只狐狸的绝妙镜头,但我是在晚上拍的,嗯,我当时就怀疑照片有点暗,这也是我收到的反馈。
BREDA: Well, Dan-you seem to be really keen and we'd be delighted to have you in our club.
布莱达:嗯,丹,你看起来真的很有热情,我们很高兴你能加入我们的俱乐部。
I'm sure we can help with all those areas that you've outlined.
我相信我们可以帮助你改进你大致谈到的这些方面。
DAN: Thanks, that's great.
丹:谢谢,那太好了。