Hi John! Do you remember our last lesson about pronouncing years?
嗨,约翰!你还记得我们上一节关于年份如何发音的课吗?
I sure do!
我当然记得!
We talked about how to use the two-digit method to say years.
我们讨论了如何使用两位数的方法来表示年份。
For example we recently rang in 2024.
例如,我们最近敲响了2024年的钟声。
That's right, John.
没错,约翰。
You used two separate numbers: 20, 24.
你用了两个不同的数字:20,24。
Today I think we should talk about numbers that have zeros in them!
今天我想我们应该谈谈有零的数字!
For years where the third digit is a zero, Americans often say "o" for the number zero.
对于第三位数字为零的年份,美国人经常用“o”来表示数字零。
So, a number like 1901 (one thousand nine hundred and one) would be 1901.
所以,像1901这样的数字应该是19 0 1。
If the year ends in two zeros, we just say hundred.
如果一年以两个零结束,我们就说是一百。
So 1,600 (one thousand six hundred) would be "sixteen hundred."
因此,1,600将是“16 00”。
If the year ends in one zero, use the original 2 digit method from the beginning of the video.
如果一年以零结束,则像视频开头一样开始使用原始的两位数方法。
1990 was the start of the best decade for music!
1990年是音乐最好的十年的开始!
He was born in 1980.
他出生于1980年。
When the year ends in three zeros, say the year as one number.
当一年以三个零结束时,将这一年看为一个整数。
One followed by three zeroes is "one thousand," and two is "two thousand."
一加三个零是“一千”,二是“两千”。
Everyone was afraid of Y2K when the year 2000 came!
当2000年来临的时候,每个人都害怕Y2K!
Can you imagine what it would have been like to live in the year 1000?
你能想象生活在公元1000年会是什么样子吗?
So, Faith. What do you think people will be doing in the year 3000 to celebrate the new millennium?
那么,费思。你认为人们在公元3000年会做些什么来庆祝新的千禧年?
Well, hopefully not just sitting on their couch and watching the ball drop, but you never know.
嗯,希望不只是坐在沙发上看落球仪式,但你永远不会知道未来会发生什么。
And that's everyday grammar TV!
这就是本期的日常语法电视节目!