Hi, John!
嗨,约翰!
I haven't seen you for some time.
我有一段时间没有见到你了。
I know I'm a bit late but Happy New Year!
我知道我现在说有点晚了,但是,新年快乐!
Hi Faith!
嗨,费思!
That's ok.
没关系。
Happy 2024 to you!
祝你 2024 年快乐!
How did you end 2023?
你是如何给你的2023年收尾的?
I celebrated by sitting on the couch and watching the ball drop!
我坐在沙发上看新年降球,以此来庆祝!
This reminds me-we should talk about how to pronounce years in American English.
这让我想起一件事——我们应该谈谈美式英语中年份的发音。
The most common way to pronounce years is to say the first two digits as one number.
最常见的年份发音方式是将前两位数作为一个数字来读。
And the last digits as another 2 digit number, like 2023 or my birth year 1987
最后2位数字作为另一个数,例如 2023 或我的出生年份 1987。
We use this method of saying years at VOA Learning English.
我们在VOA英语中使用这种方法来表示年份。
2023 and 1987.
2023 年和 1987 年。
With the start of the new millennium, the way that we say the years changed a little.
随着新的千禧年的开始,我们说年份的方式发生了一些变化。
In some cases we use two digit chunks.
在某些情况下,我们使用两位数的组块。
Like 2014 or 2020.
就像 2014 年或 2020 年那样。
But for the years 2001 to 2009, we use the word "thousand."
但是对于 2001 年至 2009 年,我们使用“thousand”这个词。
So, you might say 2005 or 2002.
那么,你可能会说 2005 年或者 2002 年。
We sometimes use this style for years after 2009.
我们有时会在 2009 年之后的几年里使用这种方式。
So, you might hear someone say 2005 or 2015, for example.
所以,你可能会听到有人说,比如,2005 年或 2015 年
Hey John!
嘿,约翰!
What about years like 2000 or 1701?
2000 年或 1701 年这样的年份呢?
Well our listeners and viewers will have to come back for another episode to learn more.
那么我们的听众和观众将得回来收听下一集,以了解更多信息。
And that's everyday grammar TV.
这就是日常语法电视。