手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 冰与火之歌 > 冰与火之歌之列王的纷争 > 正文

第1068期:权力的游戏席恩(06)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Theon ignored that.

席恩佯作不理。

“Here are my terms.

“以下是我的条件:

You have until evenfall to disperse.

日落之前解散部队。

Those who swear fealty to Balon Greyjoy as their king and to myself as Prince of Winterfell will be confirmed in their rights and properties and suffer no harm.

愿意宣誓效忠,承认巴隆。葛雷乔伊为国王,承认我为临冬城亲王的人,他们的权利和财产将得到承认,不受任何伤害;

Those who defy us will be destroyed.”

胆敢违抗的人将遭到彻底毁灭。”

Young Cerwyn was incredulous.

年轻的赛文难以置信。

“Are you mad, Greyjoy?”

“你疯了,葛雷乔伊?”

Ser Rodrik shook his head.

罗德利克爵士摇头道:

“Only vain, lad.

“他只是自负罢了,小伙子。

Theon has always had too lofty an opinion of himself, I fear.”

席恩总是自视过高,只怕本性难改。”

The old man jabbed a finger at him.

老人伸出一根手指指着他,

“Do not imagine that I need wait for Robb to fight his way up the Neck to deal with the likes of you.

“千万别幻想我要等待罗柏突破颈泽,与我合兵一处后才奈何得了你。

I have near two thousand men with me … and if the tales be true, you have no more than fifty.”

我手中有近两千士兵……而若消息非虚,你那边还不到五十人。”

Seventeen, in truth.

只有十七个。

Theon made himself smile.

席恩强装笑脸。

“I have something better than men.”

“我有比士兵更好的王牌。”

And he raised a fist over his head, the signal Black Lorren had been told to watch for.

他握拳过顶,这是与黑罗伦约定的信号。

The walls of Winterfell were behind him, but Ser Rodrik faced them squarely and could not fail to see.

他身后是临冬城的高墙,罗德利克爵士正对着他们,看得一清二楚。

Theon watched his face.

席恩审视他的面孔,

When his chin quivered under those stiff white whiskers, he knew just what the old man was seeing.

当老人拘谨的花白胡须后的下巴开始颤抖时,席恩明白他瞧见了。

He is not surprised, he thought with sadness, but the fear is there.

他并不惊讶,席恩悲哀地想,他只是恐惧。

“This is craven,” Ser Rodrik said.

“懦夫的行为,”罗德利克爵士道,

“To use a child so … this is despicable.”

“居然利用孩童……太卑鄙了。”

“Oh, I know,” said Theon.

“噢,我很清楚,”席恩说,

“It’s a dish I tasted myself, or have you forgotten?

“这种滋味我也尝过。您难道忘了?

I was ten when I was taken from my father’s house, to make certain he would raise no more rebellions.”

我十岁那年就被活生生地从父亲房里带走,就为了确保他不再叛乱。”

“It is not the same!”

“这不是一回事!”

Theon’s face was impassive.

席恩表情冷漠。

“The noose I wore was not made of hempen rope, that’s true enough, but I felt it all the same.

“不错,套在我脖子上的并非粗糙的麻绳,但它给我的感觉却分毫未差。

And it chafed, Ser Rodrik. It chafed me raw.”

它勒我,罗德利克爵士,勒得我好痛。”

He had never quite realized that until now, but as the words came spilling out he saw the truth of them.

在此之前他从没这么说过,话一出口,却陡然领悟到这是事实。

“No harm was ever done you.”

“没有人伤害过你。”

“And no harm will be done your Beth, so long as you—”

“也不会有人伤害贝丝,只要你——”

Ser Rodrik never gave him the chance to finish.

罗德利克爵士让他说完。

“Viper,” the knight declared, his face red with rage beneath those white whiskers.

“毒蛇!”骑士高喊,白须下的脸因暴怒而通红。

“I gave you the chance to save your men and die with some small shred of honor, Turncloak.

“我给你机会拯救部下,然后带着仅存的一点荣誉去死,变色龙!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
incredulous [in'kredjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 怀疑的,不轻信的

联想记忆
lofty ['lɔfti]

想一想再看

adj. 高的,高超的,傲慢的

 
confirmed [kən'fə:md]

想一想再看

adj. 习惯的,积习的,确认过的,证实的 动词conf

 
craven ['kreivən]

想一想再看

adj. 懦弱的,畏缩的 n. 懦夫

联想记忆
rage [reidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 狂怒,大怒,狂暴,肆虐,风行
v. 大怒

 
defy [di'fai]

想一想再看

vt. 反抗,藐视,挑衅

 
knight [nait]

想一想再看

n. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
stiff [stif]

想一想再看

adj. 硬的,僵直的,生硬的,拘谨的,不灵活的

 
signal ['signl]

想一想再看

n. 信号,标志
v. (发信号)通知、表示<

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。