"Fir-trees? What nonsense! We are not in a wood. Come with me now to see what you have done."
“枞树?你脑子发昏了!你当这儿是森林吗?快来看看自己干的好事!”
When Heidi saw the devastation that she had caused, she was greatly surprised, for she had not noticed it in her hurry.
当海蒂看到她所造成的破坏时,她非常惊讶,因为她在匆忙中没有注意到。
"This must never happen again," said the lady sternly.
“以后不许再有第二次了,”罗得迈尔严厉地说。
"You must sit quiet at your lessons; if you get up again I shall tie you to your chair. Do you hear me?"
“上课时要规规矩矩地坐好,认真听讲。不然,我就要把你捆到椅子上,知道了吗?”
Heidi understood, and gave a promise to sit quietly during her lessons from that time on.
海蒂明白了,答应从那时起,她要安静地坐着上课。
After the servants had straightened the room, it was late, and there was no more time for studies.
仆人们把房间收拾好后,天色已晚,没有时间再学习了。
Nobody had time to yawn that morning.
那天早上没有人有时间打呵欠。
In the afternoon, while Clara was resting, Heidi was left to herself.
下午,克拉拉休息的时候,海蒂一个人呆着。
She planted herself in the hall and waited for the butler to come upstairs with the silver things.
她站在大厅里,等着管家拿着银器上楼来。
When he reached the head of the stairs, she said to him: "I want to ask you something."
当他走到楼梯口时,她对他说:“我想问你一件事。”
She saw that the butler seemed angry, so she reassured him by saying that she did not mean any harm.
她看到管家似乎很生气,所以她安慰他说她没有恶意。
"All right, Miss, what is it?"
“好吧,小姐,是什么事?”
"My name is not Miss, why don't you call me Heidi?"
“我不叫小姐,你为什么不叫我海蒂呢?”
"Miss Rottenmeier told me to call you Miss."
“是罗得迈尔让我叫你小姐的。”
"Did she? Well then, it must be so. I have three names already," sighed the child.
“她吗?那么,一定是这样。我已经有三个名字了,”孩子叹息着说。
"What can I do for you?" asked Sebastian now.
塞巴斯蒂安说:“小姐,我能为你做些什么吗?”
"Can you open a window for me?"
“能帮我开一下窗户吗?”
"Certainly," he replied.
“当然。”他回答道。
Sebastian got a stool for Heidi, for the window-sill was too high for her to see over.
塞巴斯蒂安给海蒂搬了张凳子,窗台太高,她看不清楚。
In great disappointment, Heidi turned her head away.
海蒂非常失望,把头转开了。
"I don't see anything but a street of stone. Is it the same way on the other side of the house?"
“除了一条石头街道,我什么也没看见。房子的另一边也是这样吗?”
"Yes."
“是的。”
"Where do you go to look far down on everything?"
“到哪里可以眺望远处?”
"On a church-tower. Do you see that one over there with the golden dome? From there you can overlook everything."
“在教堂。你看到那边那个金顶的了吗?从那里你可以俯瞰一切。”
Heidi immediately stepped down from the stool and ran downstairs.
海蒂一听,马上下了木凳,跑出门去。
Opening the door, she found herself in the street, but she could not see the tower any more.
她打开门,发现自己走在街上,但她再也看不见塔了。
She wandered on from street to street, not daring to accost any of the busy people.
她在街上徘徊着,不敢去问那些行色匆匆的路人。