手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 课外名著 > 一条狗的使命 > 正文

第十三章 伊森和汉娜(8)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Todd moved closer to the girl, and when she stiffened I saw that his hand was touching her shoulder.

托德靠近了那个女孩,当她僵直不动的时候,我看到他的手正摸着她的肩膀。

Her rising tension brought me back to my feet.

女孩越来越紧张,我不禁站了起来。

Todd looked down at me and we locked eyes, and I felt the fur lifting on the back of my neck.

托德低头看着我,我们对视了一下,我感觉脖子后面的毛都竖起来了。

Almost involuntarily, a low growl emerged from deep in my throat.

几乎是不由自主地,我喉咙深处发出了一声低沉的咆哮。

“Bailey!” The girl leaped to her feet.

“贝利!”女孩跳了起来。

“What’s the matter?”

“怎么了?”

“Yeah, Bailey, it’s me, your pal.” He turned to the girl.

“别慌,贝利,是我,你的朋友。”他转头对着那个女孩说。

“I’m Todd, by the way.”

“顺便说一句,我叫托德。”

“I’m Hannah.”

“我叫汉娜。”

“Why don’t you tie up the dog and come with me? It’ll be fun.”

“你为什么不把狗拴起来,跟我一起走呢?会很有趣的。”

“Um, no, uh-uh. I couldn’t do that.”

“啊,不了不了,我不能这样走掉。”

“Why not? Come on.”

“为什么不呢?来吧。”

“No, I have to take care of Bailey.” Todd shrugged.

“不,我得照顾贝利。“托德耸耸肩。

He stared at her. “Yeah. Well, whatever.”

他瞪着她。“行吧,随你。”

The force of his anger was so strong I growled again, and this time the girl didn’t say anything to me about it.

他十分愤怒,于是我又咆哮起来,但这一次, 那个女孩什么也没对我说。

“Fine,” Todd said.

“很好,”托德说。

“You ask Ethan about Michele. Okay?”

“伊森和米歇尔的事,你自己去问他吧,好吧?”

“Yes, okay.”

“好。”

“You ask him.”

“你去问他。”

Todd jammed his hands in his pockets and walked away.

托德把双手插在口袋里,走开了。

Ethan was pretty happy and excited when he ran over to see us an hour or so later.

大约一个小时后,当伊森跑过来看我们的时候,他非常高兴和兴奋。

“Michigan State, here we come. Spartans!”

“密歇根州立大学,我来了。斯巴达人队,我来了!!”

he shouted. I wagged and barked, and then his happiness went away.

伊森叫着,。我边摇尾巴边叫,然后他的快乐情绪突然消失了。

“What’s the matter, Hannah?”

“你怎么了,汉娜?”

“Who is Michele?”

“米歇尔是谁?”

I put my paw on Ethan’s leg to let him know I was ready to play with the football, if he wanted.

我把我的爪子放在伊森的腿上,让他知道我准备好和他玩足球了。

“Michele? Who do you mean?” Ethan laughed, but the laughter stopped after a second, as if he had run out of air.

”米歇尔?你说的是谁?伊桑哈哈大笑,但过了一会儿,笑声停了下来,好像他气不足了一样。

“What’s wrong?” They walked me in circles around the big yard, talking,

“怎么了?”他们带着我绕着大院子转了一圈,边走边说,

so intently involved in conversation they didn’t notice when I ate a half of a hot dog, some popcorn, and bits of a tuna sandwich.

我吃了半个热狗、一些爆米花和一小块金枪鱼三明治,但因为他俩全神贯注地在说话,所以根本没有注意到。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 
tension ['tenʃən]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压

联想记忆
fur [fə:]

想一想再看

n. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品
vt. 用毛

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。