手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 课外名著 > 一条狗的使命 > 正文

第十三章 伊森和汉娜(7)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

We’d only been there a little while when Todd came walking up.

我们到那儿才一会儿,托德就走过来了。

I hadn’t seen much of Todd lately, though his sister, Linda, still rode up and down the street on a bicycle all the time.

我最近没怎么见到托德,不过他妹妹琳达还是经常骑着自行车在街上走来走去。

“Hi, Bailey,” he said to me, really friendly, but there was still something very wrong about him and I just sniffed at his hand when he offered it to me.

“你好,贝利,”他非常友好地对我说,但他还是有些不对劲,当他主动把手伸向我时,我也只是闻了闻他的手。

“Do you know Bailey?” the girl asked.

“你认识贝利吗?”女孩问。

I wagged at the mention of my name.

一听到我的名字,我摇了摇尾巴。

“We’re old pals, aren’t we, boy. Good dog.”

“我们是老朋友了,是不是,贝利?乖。”

I did not need to be called good dog by someone like Todd.

有托德这样的人在旁边,我不屑于被称作乖狗子。

“You don’t go to school here; do you go to East?” Todd asked.

“你不在这儿上学;你是东密歇根大学的学生吗?“托德问道。

“No, I’m just visiting Ethan’s family.” “What are you, a cousin or something?”

“不,我只是来看望伊森的家人。”“你是什么人,表姐妹还是什么?”

The people in the crowd all shouted and I jerked my head around, but there was nothing happening but more wrestling.

人群喧嚣不停,我四处看着,但是除了摔跤什么也没有发生。

It fooled me every time they did that.

每次他们这样尖叫,我都以为发生了什么事儿,但什么都没有。

“No, just . . . a friend.”

“不,只是……朋友。”

“So you want to party?” Todd asked her.

“你想参加派对吗?”托德问她。

“Sorry?” “Want to party? Some of us are getting together. This game’s going nowhere.”

“什么?”“想参加派对吗?我们中的一些人打算一起开个派对。这场比赛还有好久才会结束。”

“No, I . . . I’d better wait for Ethan.” I cocked my head at the girl.

“不了,我……我最好还是等伊森回来。我扬起头,看向那个女孩。

I could sense her getting anxious for some reason, and I could feel Todd’s anger building inside him like it always did.

我能感觉到她因为某种原因变得焦虑不安,我也能感觉到托德的怒火像往常一样在他体内积聚。

“Ethan!” Todd turned and spat in the grass. “So are you two a couple, or what?”

托德转身往草地里吐了口唾沫。“伊森!你们俩是一对吗,还是怎么的?”

“Well . . .”

“呃——”

“ ’Cause you should know, he’s pretty much going out with Michele Underwood.”

“因为你应该知道,他基本上总是和米歇尔·安德伍德在一起出去。”

“What?” “Yeah. Like, everybody knows it.”

“什么?”“是的,大家都知道。”

“Oh.”

“噢。”

“Yeah. So if you’re thinking, you know, him and you, that’s not, you know, that’s not going to happen.”

“是的。所以如果你在想的是他和你在一起,那你就要明白,这是不可能的,懂吗?不可能。”


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。