Mom sometimes unsnapped the leash and let me run with the children a little bit.
妈妈有时会解开皮带,让我跟孩子们稍微跑动一会儿。
I liked Mom a lot.
我超喜欢妈妈。
My only complaint was that when she exited the bathroom she would close the lid on my water bowl.
我唯一的有所抱怨的点是:每次她离开浴室时,都会把我的水碗盖上。
Ethan always left the lid up for me.
但伊森总会把盖子打开着。
When school ended that summer, Ethan and Mom took us on a car ride to the Farm.
那年暑假,伊森和妈妈开车带我们去了农场。
I was overjoyed to be back.
能回来,我可太高兴了。
Flare pretended not to recognize me and I wasn’t sure if they were the same ducks or different ones, but everything else seemed exactly the same.
耀斑假装不认识我,我不确定那群鸭子还时不时之前的那群,但其他的一切似乎都是一样的。
Nearly every day Ethan would work with Grandpa and some men, hammering and sawing boards.
伊森几乎每天都和爷爷以及一些人一起干活,用铁锤敲打东西、锯木板。
I assumed at first that the boy was building another go-kart,
一开始,我以为伊森又在做卡丁车,
but after a month or so it became clear that they were putting together a new barn, right next to the old one, which had a big hole in the roof.
但过了一个月左右,我开始明白他们是想在旧谷仓旁边建一个新谷仓,因为旧谷仓的屋顶上有一个大洞。
I was the first one to spot the woman coming up the driveway, and ran down to enforce any needed security.
有一个女人出现在车道上,我是第一个看到她的。我跑了下去,想维护这里的安全。
When I got close enough to smell her I realized it was the girl, all grown up now.
当我近到能闻到她的味道时,我意识到她那就是那个女孩,她现在已经长大了。
She remembered me, and I squirmed in pleasure as she scratched behind my ears.
她也记得我,还用手挠我的耳后,我高兴得扭动着。
“Hi there, Bailey; did you miss me? Good dog, Bailey.”
“嗨,贝利;你想我了吗?乖狗狗贝利。”
As the men noticed the girl they stopped working.
当大家注意到这个女孩时,便停下了手上的活儿。
Ethan was coming out of the old barn and stopped in surprise.
伊森从旧谷仓里出来,惊讶地停了下来。
“Oh. Hi. Hannah?”
“啊。嗨。你是汉娜?”
“Hi, Ethan.”
“嗨,伊森。”
Grandpa and the other men were grinning at each other.
爷爷和其他男人正对着彼此咧嘴笑。