手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 课外名著 > 海蒂 > 正文

第四章 帮老奶奶修补房子(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

No sooner had he seen Heidi, than he smiled, opening his round eyes as wide as possible.

他看见海蒂,一下就笑了,圆眼睛睁得更圆了。

Heidi called, "Good-evening, Peter!"

“下午好,彼特。”海蒂立刻冲他打招呼。

"Is it really time for him to come home!" exclaimed Peter's grandmother.

“已经到了彼特放学的时间了吗?”老奶奶吃惊地叫道,

"How quickly the time has flown. Good-evening, little Peter, how is your reading going?"

“时间过得真快啊!你回来了吗,彼特,读书读得怎么样了?”

"Just the same," the boy replied.

“还那样呗。”彼特回答。

"Oh, dear, I was hoping for a change at last. You are nearly twelve years old, my boy."

“是吗?我还以为会有点长进呢。你马上就满12岁了,我的孩子。”

"Why should there be a change?" inquired Heidi with greatest interest.

“为什么要有长进呢,奶奶?”小海蒂立刻很感兴趣地问道。

"I am afraid he'll never learn it after all.

“我怕他最后什么都没学会。

On the shelf over there is an old prayer-book with beautiful songs.

那上面的架子里,有本祈祷的老书,上面写了些很美的诗歌,

I have forgotten them all, for I do not hear them anymore.

我好久没听,大部分都忘了,

I longed that Peter should read them to me some day, but he will never be able to!"

我盼着要是彼特能读给我听,可这孩子过多久也不会。”

Peter's mother got up from her work now, saying,

彼特妈妈放下手里的活,说:

"I must make a light. The afternoon has passed and now it's getting dark."

“我得点上灯了,下午就过去了,天快黑了。”

When Heidi heard those words, she started, and holding out her hand to all, she said:

小海蒂一听,从椅子上蹦起来。一边伸出手一边说:

"Good-night. I have to go, for it is getting dark."

“晚安,奶奶,天黑了,我得赶紧回去。”

But the anxious grandmother called out: "Wait, child, don't go up alone! Go with her, Peter, and take care that she does not fall.

老奶奶放心不下地喊道:“等等,小海蒂,一个人回去可不行,让彼特带你回去,彼特,照顾一下她,别摔着,

Don't let her get cold, do you hear that? Has Heidi a shawl?"

别让她着凉,知道了吗?那孩子带了厚披肩了么?”

"I haven't, but I won't be cold," Heidi called back, for she had already escaped through the door.

“没带披肩,肯定不会冻僵的!”小海蒂回头喊,她已经从门里逃出来了。

She ran so fast that Peter could hardly follow her.

她跑得那么快,彼特几乎跟不上她。

The old woman frettingly called out: "Brigida, run after her. Get a warm shawl, she'll freeze in this cold night. Hurry up!" Brigida obeyed.

老奶奶地焦急地喊:“布丽奇,快追上去,拿条厚披肩,这么冷的晚上,她会被冻着的。快点!”布丽奇照她说的做了。

The children had hardly climbed any distance, when they saw the old man coming and with a few vigorous steps he stood beside them.

可是,那孩子没走几步,就看见爷爷从上面下来。爷爷步子迈得又大又稳,没一会儿,就走到两个人面前,说:

"I am glad you kept your word, Heidi," he said, and packing her into her cover, he started up the hill, carrying the child in his arms.

“不错,小海蒂,很听话!”说完,用毯子把海蒂紧紧裹住,抱起来,向山上走去。

Brigida had come in time to see it, and told the grandmother what she had witnessed.

布丽奇正好出来,把这一切看在眼里,于是把刚才看见的事告诉奶奶。

"Thank God, thank God!" the old woman said. "I hope she'll come again, she has done me so much good!

老奶奶说:“感谢上帝,感谢上帝,那孩子要是再来就好了,有她在我心里真高兴!

What a soft heart she has, the darling, and how nicely she can talk."

心肠多好的孩子呀,而且话也说得好。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
vigorous ['vigərəs]

想一想再看

adj. 精力充沛的,元气旺盛的,有力的

 
freeze [fri:z]

想一想再看

v. 冻结,冷冻,僵硬,凝固
n. 结冰,冻结

 
shelf [ʃelf]

想一想再看

n. 架子,搁板

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。