手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 课外名著 > 海蒂 > 正文

第四章 帮老奶奶修补房子(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

The sled had stopped in front of Peter's hut, and grandfather said:

雪橇在山羊彼特家门前猛地停下,然后爷爷说:

"Go in. When it gets dark, start on your way home."

“好了,进去吧,记住天快黑时往回走。”

When he had unwrapped her, he turned homewards with his sled.

然后爷爷把雪橇掉转方向,拉着它向山上走去。

Opening the door, Heidi found herself in a tiny, dark kitchen, and going through another door, she entered a narrow chamber.

海蒂打开门,发现自己在一个又小又黑的厨房里,她从另一扇门走进了一个狭窄的房间。

Near a table a woman was seated, busy with mending Peter's coat, which Heidi had recognized immediately.

桌子旁边坐着一个女人,正忙着修补彼特的外套,海蒂一眼就认出来是他的。

A bent old woman was sitting in a corner, and Heidi, approaching her at once, said:

屋子的一角,坐着一个上了年纪的驼背的老奶奶。海蒂立马走过去,说:

"How do you do, grandmother? I have come now, and I hope I haven't kept you waiting too long!"

“上午好,奶奶,我终于来了。希望没有让您等太久。”

Lifting her head, the grandmother sought for Heidi's hand. Feeling it thoughtfully, she said:

奶奶抬起头,摸索着,终于找到海蒂的手,一边抚摸,一边想着什么。过了一会说:

"Are you the little girl who lives up with the uncle? Is your name Heidi?"

“你是阿鲁姆大叔那儿的孩子吗?你就是那个小海蒂吗?”

"Yes," Heidi replied. "The grandfather just brought me down in the sled."

“是呀,是呀,”孩子回答,“我刚和爷爷坐着雪橇从山上下来。”

"How is it possible? Your hands are as warm as toast!

“真的吗?噢,你的小手真暖和!

Brigida, did the uncle really come down with the child?"

喂,布丽奇,真的是阿鲁姆大叔自己把这孩子带到这儿来的么?”

Brigida, Peter's mother, had gotten up to look at the child.

彼特的妈妈布丽奇站起身,用新奇的目光把小海蒂上上下下打量了一番,

She said: "I don't know if he did, but I don't think so. She probably doesn't know."

她说:“谁知道是不是那个大叔自己送来的。孩子的话可没准,可能连她自己都搞不清吧。”

Heidi, looking up, said quite decidedly:

小海蒂一听,抬起头,用坚定的语气说:

"I know that grandfather wrapped me up in a cover when we coasted down together."

“我很清楚是谁把我包在被子里送到这儿来,那就是爷爷,我们一起下来的。”

"Peter was right after all," said the grandmother. "We never thought the child would live more than three weeks with him.

“那么,彼特讲的事就全是真的喽。”老奶奶说,“我还寻思来着,这孩子和大叔待不过三周。

Brigida, tell me what she looks like."

这孩子长得什么样,布丽奇?”

"She has Adelheid's fine limbs and black eyes, and curly hair like Tobias and the old man.

“和阿尔菲特一样有纤细的胳膊和腿,还有漂亮的黑眼睛。”布丽奇回答,“不过头发是卷发,这跟托比斯和山上的老头儿倒很像,

I think she looks like both of them."

嗯,和他们俩长得一模一样。”

While the women were talking, Heidi had been taking in everything.

这时,海蒂她打量四周,把能看到的东西都仔细地观察了一遍。

Then she said: "Grandmother, look at the shutter over there. It is hanging loose.

于是一等布丽奇说完,小海蒂就说:“奶奶,那儿的百叶门已经吧嗒吧嗒响了,

If grandfather were here, he would fasten it. It will break the window-pane! Just look at it."

要是爷爷,会马上钉上钉子不让它松动。不然的话,不知什么时候玻璃就会被打碎的。看,都坏成那样了。”

"What a sweet child you are," said the grandmother tenderly.

“哎呀,真是好孩子。”奶奶温柔地说,

"I can hear it, but I cannot see it, child.

“我眼睛看不见,可耳朵还听得清。

This cottage rattles and creaks, and when the wind blows, it comes in through every chink.

风一吹,整个房子到处都嘎吧嘎吧地响。哪儿都有风吹进来。

Some day the whole house will break to pieces and fall on top of us.

怕房子要是倒了,我们三个人不就都被压死了么。

If only Peter knew how to mend it! We have no one else."

要是彼特会修就好了。但我们谁也不会。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
sled [sled]

想一想再看

n. 雪撬 v. 用撬搬运,乘撬

 
bent [bent]

想一想再看

bend的过去式和过去分词 adj. 下定决心的,弯曲的

联想记忆
fasten ['fæsn]

想一想再看

vt. 拴紧,使固定,系,强加于
vi. 固定

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。