"I do not know what to do,"said Mr. Yoshikawa, looking at the dog.
“我不知道该怎么办,”吉川先生看着那条狗说。
"Hachi arrived just before three o' clock as he always does.
像往常一样,八公在3点前才到。
He does not know his master will never return."
他不知道他的主人永远不会回来了。”
An idea took shape in Yasuo's mind. "Okaasan," hesaid, looking up at his mother.
一个想法在Yasuo的脑海里形成了。“奥卡桑,”他抬头看着母亲说。
"May we take Hach home with us? Please?"
“我们可以把哈赫带回家吗?”请?”
"I am sure he will not be any trouble," the Station Master said.
“我相信他不会带来任何麻烦,”站长说。
"He is very smart and well behaved.I have never heard him growl.
“他很聪明,也很守规矩。我从没听过他咆哮。
And until yesterday,I had never heard him bark."
直到昨天,我还从未听到它叫过。”
"I must think about it,"said Mrs. Takahashi.
“我必须考虑一下,”高桥太太说。
She looked over at Hachi as he sat perfectly still among the mass of people swirling around him,
她看了看八公,他一动不动地坐在一群围着他打转的人中间,
and just at that moment, he glanced over his shoulder and looked at her.
就在那一刻,他回头看了她一眼。
Then his somber gaze returned to the train tracks.
然后他的目光又回到了火车轨道上。
"Please, Okaasan," Yasuo said. "I will take good care of him.I promise."
“请,冈山,”Yasuo说。“我会好好照顾他的。我保证。”
Yasuo held his breath as his mother thought.
Yasuo屏住呼吸,正如他的母亲所想。
“I wil do it for the Professor,"she said at last. "He was a very kind man."
“我愿意为教授做这件事,”她最后说。“他是一个非常善良的人。”
"Arigato, Okaasan,"Yasuo said with a bow.
“谢谢,妈妈,”Yasuo鞠躬说道。
Then he went over to the doorway.
然后他走到门口。
"Here, Hachi"he called, slapping his thighs. But the dog did not move.
“这里,八公,”他拍着自己的大腿喊道。但是狗没有动。