The next day the Swallow flew down to the harbour.
第二天,燕子飞到了港口。
He sat on the mast of a large vessel and watched the sailors hauling big chests out of the hold with ropes.
他坐在一艘大船的桅杆上,看着水手们用绳子把大箱子拖出船舱。
“Heave a-hoy!” they shouted as each chest came up.
“哈!”每个箱子都抬了起来,他们都叫了起来。
“I am going to Egypt!” cried the Swallow, but nobody minded,
“我要去埃及了!”燕子叫道,但是没有人在意。
and when the moon rose he flew back to the Happy Prince.
当月亮升起来的时候,他飞回到快乐王子的身边。
“I am come to bid you good-bye,” he cried.
“我是来向你告别的,”他叫道。
“Swallow, Swallow, little Swallow,” said the Prince, “will you not stay with me one night longer?”
“燕子,燕子,小燕子,”王子说,“你愿意和我再呆一夜吗?”
“It is winter,” answered the Swallow, “and the chill snow will soon be here.
“现在是冬天,”燕子回答说,“寒冷的雪很快就要来了。
In Egypt the sun is warm on the green palm-trees, and the crocodiles lie in the mud and look lazily about them.
在埃及,阳光温暖地照在碧绿的棕榈树上,鳄鱼躺在泥地里懒洋洋地四处张望。
My companions are building a nest in the Temple of Baalbec, and the pink and white doves are watching them, and cooing to each other.
我的同伴们正在巴尔贝克神庙里筑巢,粉红色和白色的鸽子看着他们,彼此咕咕地叫着。
Dear Prince, I must leave you, but I will never forget you,
亲爱的王子,我必须离开你,但我永远不会忘记你,
and next spring I will bring you back two beautiful jewels in place of those you have given away.
明年春天我将给你带回来两颗美丽的宝石,代替你送掉的那些。
The ruby shall be redder than a red rose, and the sapphire shall be as blue as the great sea.”
红宝石要比红玫瑰还红,蓝宝石要比大海还蓝。”