This year I'm cooking my bird two ways, for maximum flexibility.
今年,我打算用两种方式制作火鸡,最大限度地灵活烹饪。
Most people's Christmas meals are centered around this - the mighty turkey.
多数人的圣诞大餐都围绕着同一个主角吧——无处不在的火鸡。
I think this year more than ever, because we can't cook for so many people.
我觉得今年比以往任何时候都不同,因为我们无法为这么多人做饭。
People are really thinking like I am, like what size turkey do I get, a big one, a small one.
大家也有同样的想法吧,该制作多大的火鸡,大一点还是小一点。
I want to show you what I'm going to do this year.
我想向大家展示今年制作火鸡的过程。
I'm a massive lover of tradition at Christmas, but this year, I'm going to change it up for the first time, and I'm really excited about it.
我是一名狂热的圣诞节传统爱好者,不过今年,我要破例改变一下传统的方式,对此我真的很兴奋。
So the way I'm doing my turkey this year is in two parts.
今年制作火鸡的方式分为两个部分。
So I'll use one stuffing for both the crown and the legs, it's gonna be amazing.
我要用一种馅料来制作鸡身和鸡腿,味道一定会很棒。
They both cook at the same time.
两个部位的烹饪会同时进行。
They both cook to perfection, they're both really easy to serve, and we're gonna use the trivet, we're gonna use the giblets.
它们都将被精心制作,而且它们的烹制过程简单,易上手,我们要用到三脚架,还要用到内脏。
We're gonna make gravy, this is gonna be fantastic.
我们要制作肉汁了,味道一定非常美味。
Let's get going, so we have this amazing stuffing, and take that neck skin, and just slip it in there.
我们开始吧,我们准备好了可口的馅料,从火鸡脖子的入口处把馅料塞进去。
It's super easy to do, but what you get is a lovely plump side of the turkey like that.
是不是超级简单,一只可爱、丰满的火鸡就这么登场了。
That is the crown, and you might just want to do that and it will be amazing.
这就是鸡身的制作过程了,大家可以尝试一下,效果惊人哦。
But this is where the fun starts, because I was kind of thinking okay, what do we do with the legs?
接下来的制作过程就有意思了,因为我在思考,应该怎么处理这些火鸡腿?
When you go to Italy you have the porchetta, the rolled beautiful loin and belly of pork,
去意大利的话,大家可能会品尝到烤乳猪(porchetta)这道菜品,将色泽鲜亮的里脊和五花肉卷成卷状,
and I'm thinking I want to do that with my beautiful turkey legs.
我想用这种方式制作火鸡腿。
So I've got my butcher to take the legs off when he did the crown, and debone the leg.
所以买火鸡的时候,我让卖家把鸡身和鸡腿切开,把鸡腿的骨头剔掉了。
Then I can take this stuffing, use this to kind of patch any gaps, roll it up and that's what you get.
然后我可以用这些馅料填满所有的缝隙,接着把肉卷起来,像这样。
Don't worry if it's not perfect, the flavours are going to be amazing.
制作过程不够完美?别担心,味道不会受到丝毫影响。
So the great thing about this is the crown, and those rolled legs are going to cook at exactly the same time.
这道菜品最了不起的地方是,鸡身以及那些卷状的鸡腿肉可以同时烤制。
Look at that! Get some of those amazing juices there, it looks absolutely sumptuous.
大家快看!淋上一些美味的酱汁,看起来绝对丰盛、可口。
Just kiss those with a little bit of honey, and that will just protect the lovely, crispy, skin.
再加一点蜂蜜,就能保证鸡皮香甜、酥脆。
Beautiful way to finish it.
大功告成了。
Let that rest for an hour, we'll start with the beautiful honey glazed, rolled turkey leg.
让菜品静置一个小时,我们从美味的蜜汁火鸡腿开始品尝吧。
It's beautiful, it's juicy, it's a bit different.
美味,多汁,不一样的口味。
Let's have a little look at the crown here.
再来切几块鸡身。
That really is beautiful turkey crown, look at that.
鸡身看起来是不是很有食欲,大家看看。
That cross section of the white meat, the stuffing meat, the lovely gravy here.
将白色肉质和馅料切开来,再浇上美味的肉汁。
Come on, I know you smelled the gravy didn't you? Yeah.
快来,我知道你俩一定是闻到了肉汁的味道,是吗?是的。
You gonna try it with the turkey? Yeah.
你们要不要尝一尝火鸡?好呀。
Without doubt, the kids are the toughest critics, there you go.
毋庸置疑,孩子的口味能决定美食的成功与否,来吧。
The skin on the brown meat is so crispy, the brown meat's falling apart.
棕色火鸡腿的表皮很酥脆,鸡肉都散开了。
It's juicy and the stuffing is really really good.
肉质鲜美、多汁,馅料也很好吃。
Can I have some more? Yeah, white or brown? Brown.
我可以再来点吗?当然,要白色鸡身肉的还是棕色鸡腿肉?棕色鸡腿。