手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 告别平庸的自己 > 正文

如何一周之内读两到三本书

来源:可可英语 编辑:Jenny   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

So, a lot of people have asked me lately, "How do you read so many books?"

最近很多人都问我,“你怎么读了那么多书?”
And the answer isn't in what Britney does. So basically what Britney does is this...
答案并不是布兰妮的那种做法。基本上布兰妮是这样做的…
She watched a YouTube video once, and she was told that she could read any book in two minutes.
看一遍YouTube视频,她就被告知她可以在两分钟内读完任何书。
So all she has to do for this is get the book, and then look at the cover,
所以她所做的就是拿到书,看一下封皮,
and then look inside the table of contents, read that, and she's read the book.
再读一下目录,就算是读完那本书了。
And she did this with The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey,
她就是这么读的史蒂芬·柯维著的《高效能人士的七个习惯》,
and now she tells everyone that she's read the book.
现在她告诉所有人她读过那本书了。
But the problem with this is that nothing that Britney read resonated with her.
但问题是她读的东西没有和她产生共鸣。
So if you read, let's say, Habit 4: Think win-win,
比如,如果你阅读习惯四:双赢思维,
that doesn't really mean anything to you until you hear about a person in business
除非你听说生意场上的某人
who used that to grow his business into something great.
运用这条思维把生意发展到极致,否则对你来说没有任何意义。
And I'm not saying do what, who should we pick now, Bill, do what Bill does.
我并不是说,“选谁呢,比尔吧(自言自语)”,不是说要像比尔那样做。
So what Bill does is he has to read every single word in the book, every single word!
比尔是把书上的每个词都读一遍,每一个词!
And if he misses something, then he thinks he hasn't read the book.
如果错过了什么,他就会认为没有读过这本书。
If he misses the part where, you know like the author dedicates the books to his wife or something,
如果他漏掉了一部分,比如说作者这本书是写给他妻子之类的,
he thinks that he hasn't read the book. So I'm not saying that.
他就认为自己没有读过这本书。那不是重点。
But what I'm talking about is you have to know the stories behind the principles for them to really resonate with you.
我要说的是你得知道这些原则背后的故事,由此来真正和你产生共鸣。
So here's one of the greatest changes that I have made in my life...
所以这是我的生活中做出的最伟大的改变之一…
And usually all the changes that I make are really strategic,
通常我做出的所有改变都是战略性的,
they come from strategy but this is sort of tactics, like a really pragmatic tip for what you can do.
他们来自战略,但这也是一种战术,就像一种指导你的实用技巧。
So basically I looked at my life, and I realized, "Well, I always have, everyday I have an hour of mundane stuff."
所以我审视自己的生活,意识到,“嗯,我总是,每天都用一个小时来做一些平常的事情。”
So that can be when you wake up and you get ready for work, or driving to work,
可以是你起床后准备好上班,或是开车去上班,
or your lunch break, or when you take a bath.
或是午休时间,或是洗澡的时候。
And basically I realized there was an opportunity for me to use that time to develop myself.
基本上我意识到有个利用那些时间来提升自己的机会。
So here's how it would work with some of my friends...
所以下面是我一些朋友的实践结果…
So a lot of my friends drive 30 minutes to work and 30 minutes back.
我很多朋友上下班分别30分钟车程。
So what you can do is pick a book and let's again pick The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
所以你可以选本书,还是选史蒂芬·柯维的《高效能人士的七个习惯》吧,
and that will be a book that's about 10 hours, let's say.
比如,这本书要花10个小时。
So what you do is you put it at 2X the speed, which is pretty much double the tempo,
你要做的是花2倍的速度来读书,
so that gives you 5 hours of listening time.
那样就给你节省出5个小时的听书时间。
And I've listened to so many books like that, it's not too fast.
我听过很多那样的书,它的速度不是太快。
So you listen to that and the total listening time is 5 hours,
所以你去听,听的时间是5个小时,

如何一周之内读两到三本书

so what that person can do is listen to it on the way to work and on the way back,

那么人们要做的就是上下班的路上去听,
and he's listened to an hour in one day.
这样他每天就可以听一个小时。
So in 5 days, he will have finished the entire book.
五天之后,他就会听完整本书。
And there's always that one person that's going to be, "Well, I don't have a 30 minute drive."
总有那么一个人会说,“哎,我没有30分钟的车程。”
Neither do I, but look at your daily activities where you do the mundane things and use those,
我也没有,但是看看你做那些普通事情的日常活动,利用那些时间,
so I do it when I take a bath and when I eat lunch, and that sort of a thing.
那么我会在洗澡或吃午饭之类的时候去听。
And this is really really powerful. You can read books in 3 to 5 days.
这很有用。三到五天就能读一本书。
And instead of being on your way to work and thinking about how your boss is going to be an asshole yet again,
上班的路上不去想今天你老板又怎么犯浑,
you can be doing that.
可以去听书。
So the two issues that I come across with this,
我让大家这么做的时候遇到了两个问题,
and this is only 10% of the people or I'd say even less that do this, are the following...
只有10%甚至更少的人会这样,那就是…
The first one is, I always have one person tell me, "That's too much.
第一个,我总是听到别人对我说,“那太多了。
Why are you straining yourself, dude? Like that's way too much."
兄弟,为什么把自己绷得那么紧?那太多了。”
And they say something like, "I read a couple of books every year, and I'm fine with that." And that's okay.
他们会说,“我每年都会读几本书,我很满意。”那样就够了。
I'm not going to criticize that, but that's what I do when I play tennis for example.
我不去批判,但是拿打网球来说我是这样做的。
So I play tennis a couple of times a month,
我每月都会打几次网球,
but I would never go up to a professional tennis player, who's passionate about what he does,
但是我从来不会去找一个对网球充满热情的专业球员,
and tell him, "Dude, why are you straining yourself? You know, just relax. You don't have to practice that much."
对他说,“兄弟,为什么把自己绷得那么紧?你知道的,放松就好了。不用锻炼那么多。”
You know, it's the exact same thing.
你知道的,是一样的道理。
And reading is something that I'm most passionate about because, it has really transformed my life.
阅读是我最热衷的一件事,因为它改变了我的生活。
With every book that I read, I become happier, I become financially stronger, physically stronger, emotionally stronger.
我读的每一本书,都让我变得更快乐了,经济更强大了,身体更强壮了,心理更强大了。
And the second issue that I come across with sometimes is this whole thing of,
第二个我有时遇到的问题就是,
I call it "pseudo-aristocrat problem."
我称之为“假贵族问题。”
Basically a person that read a bunch of Mark Twain back in the day or whatever,
一个曾经读过很多马克·吐温作品的人,
and he tells you, "You know, if you don't read a book, then it doesn't count."
他告诉你,“你知道吗,如果你不去读一本书,就不算数。”
And I have done both. I've read many books and I've listened to many books,
读和听我都试过。我读过很多书也听过很多书,
and I can tell you there is pretty much no real difference in doing either one.
我可以告诉你读或是听没有太大区别。
And you have nothing to be ashamed of. Think about it this way...
你没什么不好意思的。这么想吧…
You are having a conversation with one of the greatest minds that ever existed, that ever existed!
你和有史以来最有思想的人对话,有史以来!
One of the greatest minds! And someone's telling you, "That's not the right way to do it."
最伟大的思想之一!某人告诉你,“你那样做不正确。”
Come on. So there is nothing to be ashamed of,
拜托。没什么不好意思的,
and finally I want to end it with, this is something that I've done a lot of research on.
最后我想这样结束,这是我做了很多研究得出的东西。
And I've practiced it, I've done, I've tried different methods,
我练习过,也尝试过不同的方法,
and this is something that has been one of the most helpful things that I have done.
这是我做过的最有帮助的事情之一。
So if any of you have advice on how you do things that can help me,
所以如果你们有能够帮到我的关于如何做事的建议,
and not only just me but everyone else in regards to this, please share so everyone can benefit.
不只是帮助我,还有和这个相关的所有人,请分享一下这样大家都会受益。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
strategic [strə'ti:dʒik]

想一想再看

adj. 战略的,重要的,基本的

 
strategy ['strætidʒi]

想一想再看

n. 战略,策略

 
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
tempo ['tempəu]

想一想再看

n. 拍子,速率

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
criticize ['kritisaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 批评,吹毛求疵,非难
vi. 批评

 
mundane ['mʌndein]

想一想再看

adj. 平凡的,世俗的,宇宙的

联想记忆
benefit ['benifit]

想一想再看

n. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演
vt.

联想记忆
effective [i'fektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有效的,有影响的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。