One day he gave me my money back.
一天,他把钱还给我。
'There's a lot of money there. You'd better count it and see if it's all there. '
"这么多钱。最好数一数看是不是都在。"
I wanted to move as soon as possible, but it was not until the 12th of June that I felt well enough to go.
我想尽快动身,但是直到六月十二日我才感到恢复得足以走路。
I made Turnbull accept some money for my food, but it was difficult.
我设法叫特恩布尔收下点饭钱,但真是难上加难。
I walked the twenty kilometres to the station in a day.
我朝车站走,一天走了二十公里。
The train to London did not leave until night, so I rested in the heather until it arrived.
去伦敦的火车要到晚上才开车,因此我躲在石楠丛里,休息到火车进站。
I was very happy to be in the train, and on the way south.
跳上火车,奔南而去,我心里喜气洋洋。
I slept on the train until early morning.
我在火车上一觉睡到大天亮。
Then I changed trains two or three times.
后来我倒了三四次车。
At about eight o'clock in the evening I arrived at the small station at Artinswell, to the west of London.
大约晚上八点钟,我赶到阿廷斯维尔的一个小站,这个地方位于伦敦的西边。
The road led through a wood into a green valley.
沿路而行穿过一片树林,就到了一个绿油油的峡谷。
Soon I came to a bridge and looked down into the river, whistling the song 'Annie Laurie'.
我很快走上一座桥,一边用口哨吹着那首叫"安妮·劳里"的歌,边低头望着河水。