He took a large mouthful of whisky.
他喝了一大口威士忌。
I came to London by a strange route-through Paris, Hamburg, Norway, and Scotland.
“我是通过一条人们不熟悉的路线——穿过巴黎、汉堡、挪威和苏格兰来伦敦的。
I changed my name in every country, and when I got to London, I thought I was safe.
每到一个国家我就更名改姓,到了伦敦,我觉得安全了。
But yesterday I realized that they're still following me.
可是昨天我发现他们仍然在跟踪我。
There's a man watching this building and last night somebody put a card under my door.
有个人监视着这座大楼而且昨天晚上不知道是谁把一张名片塞到门下面。
On it was the name of the man I fear most in the world.
名片上的名字是这个世界上我最惧怕的人。
'So I decided I had to die. Then they would stop looking for me.
“所以我下决心必须死掉。这样他们就会不再找我。
I got a dead body-it's easy to get one in London,
我搞到一具死尸——在伦敦
if you know how-and I had the body brought to my flat in a large suitcase.
只要你知道门路,搞个死尸并不难——然后我用一个大衣箱把死尸弄到房间。
The body was the right age, but the face was different from mine.
那个死人和我年纪相符,只是面貌和我不同。
I dressed it in my clothes and shot it in the face with my own gun.
我给他穿上我的衣裳,拿枪朝他脸上开了几枪。