手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第10期:死人(10)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Then I went out, leaving them both in the flat.

然后我就出门去,把他们俩留在房里。
When I returned at about lunchtime, the doorman told me that the gentleman in flat 15 had killed himself.
大约午饭时我回来,看门人告诉我住在十五号房的先生自杀了。
I went up to the top floor, had a few words with the police,
我上了顶楼,和警察谈了几句,
and was able to report to Scudder that his plan had been successful.
就回来告诉斯卡德尔他的计划成功了。
The police believed that the dead man was Scudder, and that he had killed himself.
警察相信那个死尸就是斯卡德尔,而且是自杀的。
Scudder was very pleased.
斯卡德尔听了很高兴。
For the first two days in my flat, he was very calm,
他在我寓所住的前两天神态非常平静,
and spent all his time reading and smoking, and writing in a little black notebook.
一直在读书,吸烟,在一个黑色的小笔记本上写东西。
But after that he became more restless and nervous.
然而此后他变得坐卧不宁,惴惴不安。
It was not his own danger that he worried about,
他愁的不是自己的危险,
but the success of his plan to prevent the murder of Karolides.
而是他制止谋杀卡罗里德斯的计划能否成功。
One night he was very serious.
一天晚上他神色非常严肃。
'Listen, Hannay, 'he said. 'I think I must tell you some more about this business.
“听我说,哈内,”他对我说,“我觉得这件事我得多给您讲点。
I would hate to get killed without leaving someone else to carry on with my plan. '
如果我来不及托付给别人继续执行我的计划就被杀掉,会遗恨无穷的。”


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。