手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:等待药物审批

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • A package came for you. I think it's from overseas.
  • 这是给你的包裹。我想是海外寄来的。
  • Oh, those are my drugs.
  • 哦,是我的药到了。
  • You're buying your medication from overseas?
  • 你从海外买药吗?
  • I have no choice. This drug isn't FDA-approved yet.
  • 我别无选择。这种药没经过FDA批准。
  • Isn't it dangerous to take a drug that isn't approved?
  • 没有批准的是不是危险药物?
  • Not if it's been approved in other countries.
  • 如果其他国家批准的话也不尽然。
  • This drug is considered experimental here, but has been used in other countries safely for years.
  • 咱们国家认为这种药物仍然处于试验阶段,但是其他国家多年来一直安全使用。
  • But shouldn't you just wait?
  • 但是你不应该等等吗?
  • How long could the process take anyway?
  • 这个过程可能会花多长时间呢?
  • You have no idea.
  • 你不知道。
  • It can take years for a drug to be approved here, especially those that aren't fast-tracked.
  • 可能需要数年时间才能被批准,特别是那些没有快速跟踪的药物。
  • That's hard to believe.
  • 令人难以置信。
  • It's true.
  • 千真万确。
  • First, it has to be tested on animals or in a lab, and then it has to go through clinical trials.
  • 首先,它必须在动物身上或者实在验室进行试验,然后必须经过临床试验。
  • Only then is it put through a rigorous review by the FDA, which alone can take years.
  • 只有那时才能接受FDA的严格审查,之前的过程可能就需要花费数年。
  • You're right. I had no idea.
  • 弗洛伦斯:你说得对。我不知道。
  • In the meantime,I'm suffering needlessly.
  • 与此同时,我则正承受着不必要的痛苦。
  • You can't legally import the drug for your own use, right?
  • 你不能为了自己使用就非法进口药品,对吗?
  • That's right,but I feel like I have to circumvent the law to get the medicine I need.
  • 没错,但我觉得必须规避法律才能服用上我所需的药物。
  • So how does it feel to be an outlaw?
  • 所以当一个违法者感觉如何?
  • Um, healthy?
  • 嗯,健康的违法者吗?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Florence:A package came for you. I think it's from overseas.

佛罗伦萨:这是给你的包裹。我想是海外寄来的。
Alexander:Oh, those are my drugs.
亚历山大:哦,是我的药到了。
Florence:You're buying your medication from overseas?
佛罗伦萨:你从海外买药吗?
Alexander:I have no choice. This drug isn't FDA-approved yet.
亚历山大:我别无选择。这种药没经过FDA批准。
Florence:Isn't it dangerous to take a drug that isn't approved?
佛罗伦萨:没有批准的是不是危险药物?
Alexander:Not if it's been approved in other countries.
亚历山大:如果其他国家批准的话也不尽然。

This drug is considered experimental here, but has been used in other countries safely for years.

咱们国家认为这种药物仍然处于试验阶段,但是其他国家多年来一直安全使用。
Florence:But shouldn't you just wait?
佛罗伦萨:但是你不应该等等吗?
How long could the process take anyway?
这个过程可能会花多长时间呢?
Alexander:You have no idea.
亚历山大:你不知道。
It can take years for a drug to be approved here, especially those that aren't fast-tracked.
可能需要数年时间才能被批准,特别是那些没有快速跟踪的药物。
Florence:That's hard to believe.
佛罗伦萨:令人难以置信。
Alexander:It's true.
亚历山大:千真万确。
First, it has to be tested on animals or in a lab, and then it has to go through clinical trials.
首先,它必须在动物身上或者实在验室进行试验,然后必须经过临床试验。
Only then is it put through a rigorous review by the FDA, which alone can take years.
只有那时才能接受FDA的严格审查,之前的过程可能就需要花费数年。
Florence:You're right. I had no idea.
弗洛伦:你说得对。我不知道。
Alexander:In the meantime,I'm suffering needlessly.
亚历山大:与此同时,我则正承受着不必要的痛苦。
Florence:You can't legally import the drug for your own use, right?
佛罗伦萨:你不能为了自己使用就非法进口药品,对吗?
Alexander:That's right,but I feel like I have to circumvent the law to get the medicine I need.
亚历山大:没错,但我觉得必须规避法律才能服用上我所需的药物。
Florence:So how does it feel to be an outlaw?
佛罗伦萨:所以当一个违法者感觉如何?
Alexander:Um, healthy?
亚历山大:嗯,健康的违法者吗?
重点单词   查看全部解释    
circumvent [.sə:kəm'vent]

想一想再看

vt. 围住,绕行,用计谋应付

联想记忆
rigorous ['rigərəs]

想一想再看

adj. 严厉的,严酷的,严格的,细致的

联想记忆
import [im'pɔ:t]

想一想再看

n. 进口,进口商品,意义
v. 进口,输入

联想记忆
clinical ['klinikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 临床的

 
experimental [iks.peri'mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 实验(性)的,试验(性)的

 
outlaw ['autlɔ:]

想一想再看

n. 被剥夺法律保护的人,罪犯 v. 使 ... 失去法

联想记忆
needlessly

想一想再看

adv. 不必要地;无用地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。