手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:兼职工作

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Are you still here? I thought you got off at 3:00.
  • 你还在这里吗?我以为你下午3点就闪人了呢。
  • I picked up a second shift. I could use the money.
  • 我接了个私活。我可以用这些钱。
  • But I thought you had another part-time job in the evenings.
  • 但我以为你晚上有另一份兼职差事。
  • I normally do, but the restaurant where I work has been cutting back my hours, so I'm trying to pick up as many extra shifts here as I can.
  • 我通常会干那个,可是在我打工的那家餐厅已经减少了我的工时,所以我尽量多接些额外的。
  • And don't you work at the amusement park on the weekend?
  • 周末你在游乐园的工作不做了吗?
  • I do half the year, but it's winter and the park only keeps a skeleton crew on during these months.
  • 我半年才去一次,但现在是冬天而且这几个月公园只留了老员工。
  • In the meantime, I'm working for a temp agency, which gives me short-term assignments.
  • 这段期间,一个临时工作机构安排我做些短工。
  • I don't know how you juggle all these jobs.
  • 我不知道你如何应对所有这些工作。
  • I have no choice.
  • 我没的选择。
  • I have to piece together an income if I want to pay rent.
  • 我得东拼西凑才能付得起房租。
  • Have you ever thought about going back to school to qualify for other work, something full-time?
  • 你有没有想过到学校再充充电找份其他工作吗?比如全职工?
  • Sure, all the time.
  • 当然了,我一直在想。
  • I'd like a better job, one with benefits and a reliable salary.
  • 我想要份有福利而且工资靠谱更好的工作。
  • What's stopping you?
  • 那是什么让你没了这种想法?
  • I have to pay for something called "food," and I haven't met my fairy godmother yet!
  • 我得为“食物”这种东西买单,而我还没有见过能够帮我一把的仙女教母!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Luisa:Are you still here? I thought you got off at 3:00.

路易莎:你还在这里吗?我以为你下午3点就闪人了呢。
Max:I picked up a second shift. I could use the money.
马克斯:我接了个私活。我可以用这些钱。
Luisa:But I thought you had another part-time job in the evenings.
路易莎:但我以为你晚上有另一份兼职差事。
Max:I normally do, but the restaurant where I work has been cutting back my hours, so I'm trying to pick up as many extra shifts here as I can.
马克斯:我通常会干那个,可是在我打工的那家餐厅已经减少了我的工时,所以我尽量多接些额外的。
Luisa:And don't you work at the amusement park on the weekend?
路易莎:周末你在游乐园的工作不做了吗?

Max:I do half the year, but it's winter and the park only keeps a skeleton crew on during these months.

马克斯:我半年才去一次,但现在是冬天而且这几个月公园只留了老员工。
In the meantime, I'm working for a temp agency, which gives me short-term assignments.
这段期间,一个临时工作机构安排我做些短工。
Luisa:I don't know how you juggle all these jobs.
路易莎:我不知道你如何应对所有这些工作。
Max:I have no choice.
马克斯:我没的选择。
I have to piece together an income if I want to pay rent.
我得东拼西凑才能付得起房租。
Luisa:Have you ever thought about going back to school to qualify for other work, something full-time?
路易莎:你有没有想过到学校再充充电找份其他工作吗?比如全职工?
Max:Sure, all the time.
马克斯:当然了,我一直在想。
I'd like a better job, one with benefits and a reliable salary.
我想要份有福利而且工资靠谱更好的工作。
Luisa:What's stopping you?
路易莎:那是什么让你没了这种想法?
Max:I have to pay for something called “food,” and I haven't met my fairy godmother yet!
马克斯:我得为“食物”这种东西买单,而我还没有见过能够帮我一把的仙女教母!
重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
crew [kru:]

想一想再看

n. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员

 
shift [ʃift]

想一想再看

n. 交换,变化,移动,接班者
v. 更替,移

 
skeleton ['skelitn]

想一想再看

n. 骨架,纲要,骨骼,骨瘦如柴的人或动物,家丑

 
reliable [ri'laiəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可靠的,可信的

 
amusement [ə'mju:zmənt]

想一想再看

n. 娱乐,消遣

 
qualify ['kwɔlifai]

想一想再看

vt. 使合格,限定,描述
vi. 合格,取得

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。