Francesca: Hey, don’t we have a meeting at 1:30?
弗朗西斯卡:嘿,我们不是1点半开会吗?
Jorge: We do. Sorry I’m late. I popped over to see how my kids are doing in the new on-site daycare.
乔治:是的。抱歉,我迟到了。我想看看孩子们在新的现场托儿所里是否适应。
Francesca: I didn’t even know we had an on-site daycare.
弗朗西斯卡:我怎么不知道咱们还有现场托儿所。
Jorge: It’s something new the company is offering to working parents. It’s a big perk and it’s great not having to drop off and pick up my kids from a separate daycare every day.
乔治:这是公司为在职父母提供的新福利。这是一项十分“惠民”措施,我不用再每天去专门的日托中心接送孩子了。
Francesca: That’s nice.
弗朗西斯卡:是挺不错的。
Jorge: It’s really helped with the transition back to work from maternity and paternity leave. Finding the right childcare was turning out to be a big problem.
乔治:这对于休完产假和陪产假,重返岗位的父母来说确实有很大帮助。找一所合适的儿童托管中心是一件棘手的事情。
Francesca: We really missed you when you were away.
弗朗西斯卡:你不在的这些日子我们很想念你。
Jorge: Thanks. I’m also less distracted. I have peace of mind knowing the kids are here in the same building and I can check on them anytime. It’s better for productivity.
乔治:多谢。我也不会太分心。知道孩子们在同一幢楼里,随时可以查看他们的情况让我安心许多。这样也利于提高工作效率。
Francesca: That’s good. Now should we get started with our meeting?
弗朗西斯卡:很好。现在我们可以开始会议了吗?
Jorge: Okay, but let’s keep it short. I want to check on the kids again in about 10 minutes.
乔治:好的,咱们尽量长话短说。我想约莫10分钟后再去看一下孩子们。
Francesca: How many times have you checked on them already?
弗朗西斯卡:你看过他们几次了?
Jorge: Four times.
乔治:四次。
Francesca: Just today?
弗朗西斯卡:今天一天吗?
Jorge: Just in the past hour.
乔治:不,是过去的4小时内。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载