手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:理想很丰满 现实很骨感

编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Our gig for this weekend is cancelled. They booked somebody else earlier but forgot.
  • 我们这周末的演出取消了。他们忘了已经提前预定了别人。
  • That's a big bummer. I was counting on that gig to pay rent.
  • 真是一记闷棍。我还指望着那份工作来付房租。
  • Maybe I can get some session work at the studio.
  • 也许我可以在工作室里做一些会话工作。
  • I'm so sick of being broke all the time.
  • 我很讨厌一直捉襟见肘地生活。
  • I know, but this is our dream. We want to be working musicians with a recording contract and worldwide tours, right?
  • 我理解,但这是我们的梦想。我们想要成为有唱片合约和全球巡演的音乐家,对吧?
  • We agreed to devote all our time and energy to our music.
  • 我们说好要把所有的时间和精力投入到音乐中的。
  • That was the dream. The reality is that we're not doing too well. I'm thinking of packing it in.
  • 理想很丰满。而现实是我们做的不太好。我在考虑要不要放弃了。
  • You can't! We agreed to give ourselves five years to make it. We both agreed that it's better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.
  • 你不能这样!我们说好的给自己5年时间。我们也一致认为,努力后的失败总好过原地打转。
  • But don't you ever feel like giving up?
  • 难道你没有过放弃的念头吗?
  • No! All we need is one big break.
  • 没有!我们只需要一次大的突破。
  • All right. I don't want to think about it anymore. Let's rehearse.
  • 好吧。我不想再纠结这个问题了。咱们排练吧。
  • I can't. I've got to go.
  • 抱歉。我得走了。
  • Where to?
  • 去哪里?
  • To my brother's restaurant. I agreed to wash dishes there tonight.
  • 我哥哥的餐厅。我答应他今晚去那里洗盘子。
  • What happened to devoting all our time and energy to our music?
  • 说好的要把所有的时间和精力投入到我们的音乐上呢?
  • Even people with dreams have to eat.
  • 有梦想的人也得吃饭呀。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》

Harry: Our gig for this weekend is cancelled. They booked somebody else earlier but forgot.

哈里:我们这周末的演出取消了。他们忘了已经提前预定了别人。
Debbie: Thats a big bummer. I was counting on that gig to pay rent.
黛比:真是一记闷棍。我还指望着那份工作来付房租。
Harry: Maybe I can get some session work at the studio.
哈里:也许我可以在工作室里做一些会话工作。
Debbie: Im so sick of being broke all the time.
黛比:我很讨厌一直捉襟见肘地生活。

podm180105.jpg

Harry: I know, but this is our dream. We want to be working musicians with a recording contract and worldwide tours, right? We agreed to devote all our time and energy to our music.

哈里:我理解,但这是我们的梦想。我们想要成为有唱片合约和全球巡演的音乐家,对吧?我们说好要把所有的时间和精力投入到音乐中的。
Debbie: That was the dream. The reality is that were not doing too well. Im thinking of packing it in.
黛比:理想很丰满。而现实是我们做的不太好。我在考虑要不要放弃了。
Harry: You cant! We agreed to give ourselves five years to make it. We both agreed that its better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all.
哈里:你不能这样!我们说好的给自己5年时间。我们也一致认为,努力后的失败总好过原地打转。
Debbie: But dont you ever feel like giving up?
黛比:难道你没有过放弃的念头吗?
Harry: No! All we need is one big break.
哈里:没有!我们只需要一次大的突破。
Debbie: All right. I dont want to think about it anymore. Lets rehearse.
黛比:好吧。我不想再纠结这个问题了。咱们排练吧。
Harry: I cant. Ive got to go.
哈里:抱歉。我得走了。
Debbie: Where to?
黛比:去哪里?
Harry: To my brothers restaurant. I agreed to wash dishes there tonight.
哈里:我哥哥的餐厅。我答应他晚上去那里洗盘子。
Debbie: What happened to devoting all our time and energy to our music?
黛比:说好的要把所有的时间和精力投入到我们的音乐上呢?
Harry: Even people with dreams have to eat.
哈里:有梦想的人也得吃饭呀。

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
rehearse [ri'hə:s]

想一想再看

vt. 预演,排演,预先演习,详述,复述 vi. 参加彩

 
contract ['kɔntrækt,kən'trækt]

想一想再看

n. 合同,契约,婚约,合约
v. 订合同,缩

联想记忆
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
recording [ri'kɔ:diŋ]

想一想再看

n. 录音 动词record的现在分词

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。