手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季(MP3+中英字幕) 第6集 地图失窃案

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on elementary...

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
You work for Sherlock.
你是为夏洛克工作的
She's not my partner.
她不是我的搭档
She's my protégée.
她是我的门徒
I realized it wasn't you I was afraid of losing.
我意识到我害怕的不是失去你
It was our relationship.
而是我们之间的关系
The mechanics of it, the give and the take.
这其中的奥秘,给予和接受
So I realized I could do it again.
我意识到可以重来一次
Were you aware that her records in the U.K.
你注意到她在英国的档案
only date back five years?
只有最近五年的记录吗
Before then, Kitty Winter didn't exist.
在那之前,凯蒂·温特这个人根本不存在
You think that Kitty needs help
你觉得凯蒂需要的帮助
above and beyond my mentorship?
是我的教导提供不了的
You read the same file I did. She's a rape victim.
我看过的档案你也看了,她是强奸案受害者
The training I'm attempting to provide her is
我现在给她提供的训练
the same training I provided to you.
正如我曾经提供给你的
It is, in part, an attempt to channel
在某种意思上,是想利用她
certain residual feelings that she has
身为受害人的感受
into a productive skill.
打造成有助于破案的技能
I want it... I want every bit
我很想要,想要他
of what he's offered me, of what he offered you.
给我提供的一切,他曾给你提供的那些
But if I've learned one thing, it's that he can't pull it off.
但是如果我学到了什么的话,就是他不会成功的
Not by himself, anyway.
靠他自己反正成不了
What do you say, Watson? Will you help me?
你觉得呢,华生,你愿意帮我吗
So, did he behave himself while I was gone?
我不在的时候,他有乖吗
That depends. Are you talking about the frowny one
看说谁了,是那个心防坚硬
with the hard shell, or do you mean Clyde?
经常皱眉的那个,还是你在说克莱德
Take your pick.
随便你挑
Sherlock's good.
夏洛克还不错
He had me pretty busy while you were in Denmark.
你在丹麦期间,他让我忙得团团转
What's up?
Master beckons.
师父召唤
"Go" the number two "map room, 39th street library, posthaste.
"2号" 39大街图书馆地图室,十万火急(2和去同音)
Contact Rafael, curator, upon arrival."
到了联系馆长拉斐尔
I guess he needs a map posthaste.
我猜他可能急用地图
It's fine, it's brilliant, actually.
没事,其实挺好
He's been giving me a lot more responsibility.
他最近让我负责很多任务
The way I see it, the chores are my tuition.
在我看来,我是打杂来交学费
Look, if you want the benefit of my experience,
如果你想听我的经验之谈
he knows you see it that way.
他知道你这么看待这些杂务
And he'll take advantage if you let him,
如果你放任他,他就会占你便宜
So, once in a while, it's good to make him wait.
所以,时不时地让他等等挺好的
I almost did last night. I had plans.
我昨晚就差点让他等了,我本来有约的
I've gotten to know this group
我在褐石屋旁边的咖啡店
at the coffee house near the Brownstone.
认识了一群人
We were gonna go for drinks.
我们本来要去喝酒的
I think it's good that you're making friends.
能交朋友很好啊
Friends that are not Sherlock.
非夏洛克的朋友
Well, he needed me, so I dropped out.
但他需要我,所以我就临时爽约了
"Know Kitty is with you.
我知道凯蒂和你在一起
Please remind that her phone notifies sender
请提醒她成功接收并阅读短信之后
when she has received and read a text."
她的手机会自动给发件人发送回执
"As does yours."
就像你的手机一样
Enjoy your day, Watson.
祝你今天愉快,华生
So, I'm not here to pick up a map?
所以,我不是来拿地图的吗
No, I was very clear with Mr. Holmes. There was a robbery.
不,我清楚地告知福尔摩斯先生这里发生了劫案
I think it was one of the guards.
我觉得是一名保安作的案
A man by the name of Gerald Vogel.
他叫杰拉德·沃格尔
He didn't show up for his shift last night.
他昨夜没来上夜班
I tried calling him, but he didn't answer.
我给他打了电话,但他没接
I checked his rounds from the night before last,
我检查了他前夜值班时的巡逻记录
that's when I noticed the maps were gone.
然后发现地图被盗了
Were the drawers like this when you found them?
你发现时抽屉就是这样的吗
No, I opened them. I'm still going through them,
不,抽屉是我拉开的,我仍在检查当中
but so far these are the drawers the maps were taken from.
但目前就是这些抽屉内的地图被盗了
Did you have surveillance?
你们有监控摄像头吗
Disabled.
被关掉了
More reason for you to suspect mr. Vogel.
这增大了沃格尔先生的嫌疑
I hope you don't mind me asking,
如果你不介意的话,我想问一下
but, uh, why isn't mr. Holmes here?
为什么福尔摩斯先生没来呢
Miss Hudson specifically recommended him.
哈德森女士特别推荐了他
He's finishing up some other business.
他在忙着收尾其他工作
I hope she conveyed to you the importance of discretion.
我希望她向你详述了小心行事的重要性
I mean, if it got out
如果消息传出去
that we couldn't keep our own collection safe,
说我们连自己的藏品都保护不好
private benefactors would stop donating,
私人捐助者就不会再给我们捐款了
a-and I know our insurer would have plenty to say.
而我们的保险公司肯定要和我们纠缠不清了
Mr. Holmes and I are nothing if not discreet.
福尔摩斯先生和我是以谨慎着称的
Good, because all we want
很好,因为我们只是想
is to find Gerald and recover the maps.
找到杰拉德,并寻回地图
Provided he cooperates, we won't press charges.
告诉他如果他合作,我们不会起诉他
You might be getting ahead of yourself.
你想得未免也太多了
Your missing guard may be innocent.
失踪的保安也许是无辜的
These, um, scratches in the first few drawers,
第一排的这些抽屉上有些划痕
it looks like someone's tried to pick the locks.
看上去像是有人试图撬开这些锁
But on this last drawer...
但是在最后一个抽屉上
...no scratches.
没有划痕
Suggesting that when he realized
说明当他发现他的开锁技艺
that his skills weren't up to snuff,
并不精湛时
he went looking for someone who had keys.
他就去找了一个有钥匙的人
I don't think your guard is the thief,
我不认为你的保安是窃贼
I think he's just the helper.
我认为他只是个帮手
Wait, by "helper" do you mean "accomplice"?
慢着,"帮手"意味着他是同谋
Or do you think someone forced Gerald to do it?
还是有人强迫杰拉德这么做
There were other guards on duty
他失踪当晚
the night he went missing, right?
还有其他保安当值,对吧
Of course.
当然
Look, if this turns out not to be an inside job,
如果这件事不是内部人员监守自盗
I still hope you can resolve this quietly.
我还是希望你能够私下解决这件事
Your concern for Mr. Vogel is quite touching.
你对沃格尔先生的担忧之情真让人感动
Wait, you're not calling the police, are you?
慢着,你不是要报警吧
I'm calling Sherlock, you should call the police.
我要给夏洛克打电话,而你应该报警
So, how did you know to look in here?
你怎么知道要检查这里面
There were other guards making their rounds
窃案发生当晚
the night of the robbery.
还有其他保安巡逻
Even though the thief disabled the cameras,
尽管盗贼关掉了监视摄像头
walking Mr. Vogel out at gunpoint wasn't an option,
拿枪指着沃格尔先生走出去肯定行不通
So, whatever he did, he had to do it quickly and quietly,
所以无论他怎么做,他都得快而安静
and in here.
且须在室内解决
So, he strangled him.
所以他掐死了他
Her first hidden corpse.
她找到的第一具藏尸
You must be so proud.
你肯定很骄傲
You jest, but indeed I am.
你是开玩笑,但我确实骄傲
Can't put a price on that kind of training.
这种训练是无价的
So, you said your friend referred you to this curator?
所以你提到是你的朋友把你介绍给馆长的
At first, she thought it was a matter
最初,她认为这件事
which could be handled internally,
可以内部解决
but when it became more than that,
但当发现事情有了新的发展
Kitty called me, I called watson.
凯蒂通知了我,我通知了华生
And Rafael called you.
而拉斐尔打给了你
I must say, I find it alarming
不得不说,我觉得
that we were able to get here before you and your men.
我们比你们到得更早很让人担忧
We were called simultaneously.
我们是同时接到电话的
If you'd like, I could share my analysis
如果你需要,我可以跟你分享
of midtown traffic patterns.
我对市中心交通模式的分析
We're good, thanks.
不用了,谢谢
Anyway, gave me some time to make
不过也正好给我时间
a few observations of my own.
得到一些发现
I've come to the conclusion that much of this crime
我的结论是这起犯罪的大部分
is smokescreen,
都是烟幕
Unnecessary noise to cover the thief's actual objective.
是为了掩盖窃贼的真正目标
So, you don't think he was here to steal maps.
所以你觉得他不是来这里偷地图的
I think he was here to steal a map.
我觉得他是来偷某一幅地图的
Or at least I'm raising that possibility.
至少我觉得这种可能性很大
Before you got here, he pointed out
在你们来之前,他指出
that most of these drawers were chosen because of convenience.
大部分抽屉是因为方便而被选中的
These are the first drawers that one encounters
这些是你走进通道之后
upon entering this aisle and are at an easy height to reach.
最先遇到的抽屉,且高度轻易打开
That drawer, however, is the very opposite of convenient.
而那个抽屉,开起来一点也不方便
Only one map was removed.
只有一幅地图被拿走了
I submit that it alone was the thief's intended prize.
我认为它才是窃贼的真正目的
Do we have an inventory of what's missing?
我们有失窃物品清单吗
Rafael!
拉斐尔
We recently created a catalog
我们最近刚做了一份
of high-res scans of our collection.
藏品的高清扫描件目录
This is the map that's gone missing from the far drawer.
这是最那边的抽屉里不见的地图
"The county of King James, Virginia, 1794."
弗吉尼亚州詹姆斯国王郡,1794年
It's the only known copy.
这是已知的唯一一张
But it's not actually the most valuable
但它其实并不是丢失的地图里
of the maps that were taken.
最值钱的
How much are we talking?
它值多少钱
We haven't appraised it in some time,
我们有段时间没估价了
but I'd put it in the $200,000 range.
但我觉得应该在二十万美元左右
But the map taken from that drawer there
但那个抽屉里丢的地图
is worth twice that much.
价值是它的两倍
But you think this one was the real target?
你觉得这幅地图才是真正的目标
"On permanent loan from Hollis Bray, October 1951."
由霍利斯·布雷永久借出,1951年10月
That name is familiar to you?
这名字你觉得熟吗
Yeah, I've seen his name on the walls of hospital wings.
对,我曾在医院侧楼的墙上见过他的名字
Obviously, he's passed away now.
显然他已经去世了
But his family still runs an active charity.
但他的家族还经营着一个慈善基金
If the map is on loan, it means the Bray family still owns it.
如果地图是借来的,那说明它还属于布雷家
So perhaps one of them can tell us what's so special about it.
也许他家的人能告诉我们它有什么特别的
I don't think anyone has thought
我想这几十年来
about the things my granddad loaned the library in decades.
都没人想起我祖父借给图书馆的东西了
And can't imagine how anyone even knew the map was there.
无法想象竟有人知道地图在那里
The library recently scanned its collection
图书馆最近扫描了藏品
and made it available on the internet.
并发布到了网上
So it's possible whoever stole the map learned of its existence
所以窃贼有可能是从网上
via their web site.
得知了地图的存在
That's it, isn't it?
就是这个,对吧
Yes.
没错
Uh, my family is originally from that part of Virginia.
我的家族就是从弗吉尼亚州的那一块起源的
For someone who was just told $200,000 was stolen from them,
对一个刚得知自己被偷了二十万的人来说
you don't seem very concerned.
你看起来并不是很在乎
I don't think the number seems real.
我觉得那个数字很不真实
I only just learned of this map's existence
在你们来之前我都不知道
when you walked in here.
这幅地图的存在
So it's unlikely you could tell us
所以你也无法告诉我们
why the thief may have targeted that map?
为什么窃贼会盯上那幅地图呢
I'm sorry, but it's obviously not a treasure map.
抱歉,但那明显不是一幅藏宝图
It's not like there was gold buried in King James county.
詹姆斯国王郡又没有埋金子
If there was, my granddad would have dug it up
如果有,我祖父肯定早就
a very long time ago.
挖出来了
Perhaps your smokescreen theory is wrong.
也许你的烟幕理论错了
Miss Bray, you have relationships
布雷小姐,你跟城里的
with several other archives in the city.
其他几家档案馆也有联系
To do your philanthropic work, yes?
因为你的慈善事业,对吗
Uh, yeah, lots. Why?
是的,很多,怎么了
Well, we first learned of this case
我们一开始接到这个案子
because the library was too embarrassed to report the crime.
是因为图书馆碍于颜面不想报警
The crime itself, meanwhile, displays
与此同时,在一定程度上
a degree of, uh, discrimination,
案件表明
on the part of the thief, a certain expertise.
窃贼有一定的专业知识
So, you think he committed other thefts,
你觉得他还偷过其它东西
but the victims didn't come forward.
但受害者没有报案
It's possible such crimes may provide vital data
这些案件也许可以提供
with which to catch him.
抓捕他的重要线索
Now, a friendly face, such as yours,
像你这样友善的面孔
together with an assurance from us
再加上我们
that we will be as discreet as possible,
会严格保密的保证
That might persuade other organizations to talk.
也许能让其他机构提供线索
Of course, I'd be happy to help.
当然,我很愿意帮忙
Kitty?
凯蒂
I have some more of Clyde's things.
我拿来了一些克莱德的东西
Uh, some toys, treats, couple of cozies.
玩具,零食还有几件毛线衫
Sherlock thought that he might be needing them.
夏洛克觉得它可能需要这些
Oh, that was thoughtful, I guess.
真是太贴心了
But I thought you were gonna try
但我以为你今晚
and meet your friends again tonight.
要去见你的朋友
I was, but you know how it is. Duty calls.
没错,但你也知道,有任务在身
What does this have to do with detective work?
这跟侦探工作有什么关系
It's just one of tonight's errands.
这只是今晚的杂务事之一
He had some luck with that Bray woman.
他在布雷小姐那边有收获了
She called some archives and the like,
她给一些档案馆打了电话
got us some information on other thefts.
为我们拿到一些其他窃贼的资料
So I'm just off to gather it up.
我正准备去拿
What is Sherlock doing?
夏洛克在做什么
When I left, he was waxing his singlestick.
我走的时候,他在给他的单棍打蜡
Sorry, that's not a euphemism. He was literally...
那不是委婉的说法,他真的是在...
I know.
我知道
There'll be other nights for drinks.
想喝酒哪天晚上都行
In the meantime, Sherlock's data awaits.
与此同时,夏洛克的线索在等我
What do you think you're doing?
你觉得你在做什么
I think I'm picking the lock again.
我觉得我在撬锁,又一次
You keep doing this-- you ask me to come over
你一直这样,你让我来
and then you don't answer the door when I ring.
然后在我按门铃的时候又不开门
I mean-- why are you picking the lock so noisily?
我是说,你撬锁为什么弄那么大声
Why not just announce the position
干脆直接告诉门后的枪手
of your cranium to an awaiting gunman.
你头盖骨的位置好了
What is it you wanted to show me?
你想给我看什么
Productive night?
收获颇丰的一晚
Exceedingly.
确实
If fortune is on our side,
如果我们运气好
Captain Gregson and his finest should be apprehending
这会儿格雷森警监和他的得力干将
our killer as we speak.
应该已经抓到凶手了
Kitty will be apprising me presently.
凯蒂会及时通知我
I take it all of this helped you find him?
看来是这些帮你找到他了
"know your enemy as yourself," Watson.
"知己知彼" 华生
As I suspected when I asked Margaret Bray for help,
我找玛格丽特·布雷帮忙的时候就起疑了
our thief is both a specialist in his field
咱们要找的小偷是其领域的专家
and a student of its past.
同时以前也是这方面的学生
I identified three more archives,
我找出了另外三起被盗事件
which I believe were robbed by the same individual.
我相信窃贼是同一个人
In the days leading up to each robbery,
在每起案件发生前的几天
including the one at the 39th street library,
包括39大街图书馆的那起
Someone signed into the guest log under the alias
都有人在访客登记表上签了假名
Rene Duchez.
雷内·杜彻
So, you think the thief was using it
你认为小偷就是用这个名字
to case out the locations.
出入案发地踩点的
Duchez was a French Resistance member
杜彻是个法国抵抗运动的成员
who stole the map of Germany's Atlantic Wall,
他偷了德国的大西洋壁垒的地图
their fortifications along the western coast of Europe.
那是他们在欧洲西海岸进行的防御工事
And this map was crucial to the allied invasion at Normandy.
这地图对盟军登录诺曼底至关重要
It's kind of a strange specialty for a thief, huh?
对小偷来说,这还真是个奇怪的目标啊
Maps.
专偷地图
Not at all.
一点不奇怪
In fact, all of history can be viewed through the lens
事实上,所有的历史都能通过
of who stole whose maps.
谁偷谁的地图呈现出来
Each discovery, every war, the rise and fall of empires,
每项发现,每场战争,各个帝国的起起落落
all turned on cartographic espionage.
都跟地图间谍活动有关
It is this intrigue that creates their allure
就是这些阴谋成就了他们的吸引力
which fuels the collectors' frenzy.
为收藏家们的狂热又添了一把柴
Now, our thief fancies himself
现在,咱们要找的窃贼幻想他自己
a follower in this grand tradition,
是这个大传统的追随者
So it occurred to me-- he's either a collector himself
于是我想到,要么他自己就是个收藏家
or he's selling his wares to other enthusiasts.
要么他就是在向其他狂热者出售自己的贼赃
Well, collectors don't tend to get their hands dirty,
收藏家通常可不想弄脏自己的手
So I'm guessing it's a seller.
我以我猜他是卖家
I began with the same assumption.
我也是以这个假设为出发点的
He would need somewhere for his customers
他肯定得找个地方
to receive their goods, wouldn't he?
方便客户取货,对吧
A front business, perhaps?
没准儿有个做幌子的生意
We know he admires Rene Duchez,
我们知道他崇拜雷内·杜彻
so I searched for aptly named enterprises, and...
所以我搜索了类似名字的企业,发现
...voila.
哇啦
A frame shop in Brooklyn called, "Atlantic Wall Decor."
布鲁克林的一家画框店,"大西洋壁垒装饰店"
Now, that would not be compelling in and of itself.
这些发现并不足以令人信服
But the owner of said shop, Stuart Zupko,
但这家店的店主,斯图尔特·祖普克
was once a cartography student.
曾是个制图学的学生
Got his first burglary conviction in 2007.
曾于2007入室行窃被首次定罪
It seems he's cultivated himself a niche.
看来他给自己谋了个合适的生计啊
What is it?
怎么了
It's Kitty.
是凯蒂
The police have indeed found Mr. Zupko.
警方确实找到了祖普克先生
Oh, that's a good thing, isn't it?
这是好事啊,不是吗
The good news is it looks like Zupko was our guy.
好消息是祖普克应该就是我们要找的窃贼
We found all the maps that were taken from the library.
我们找到了图书馆失窃的那些地图
Including the Bray map.
包括布雷地图
It was the only one that was laid out.
这是唯一被展开的地图
Zupko must have been standing here.
祖普克一定是站在这里
Obviously, he was examining the map when he was killed.
很明显,他遇害时正在检查这幅地图
Or displaying it for a buyer.
或是在向某位买家进行展示
That would make sense.
有道理
There are no signs of a break-in.
没有强行闯入的痕迹
But if Sherlock was right,
可如果夏洛克是对的
If the robbery at the library really was
如果图书馆的失窃案
all about the Bray map, and if that's what this is about,
真的只是为了布雷地图
then why would Zupko's killer leave the map behind?
那么杀害祖普克的人为什么没带走它
'Cause this is not the Bray map.
因为这不是布雷地图
It's a fake.
这是赝品
Certainly looks real, doesn't it?
看起来挺像真的,对吧
It helps that the paper is the right age.
纸张的年份无误,更增加了可信度
It's about two and a quarter centuries, give or take.
这纸张大概有两百二十五年的历史了
But you're sure that it's a fake.
可你们确定这是赝品
Mr. Holmes could tell right away.
福尔摩斯先生一眼就看出来了
Maps like that were engraved on copper plates,
那类地图应该是先雕刻在铜板上的
and then they were printed onto paper using a press.
然后再拓印到纸上
You can feel where the paper is slightly raised where the ink is
着墨的地方应该能感觉到纸张有微微的凸起
'cause that's where the copper was carved away.
因为铜板上对应的位置挖去了部分
The thing is-- someone washed off a different image
问题是,有人在那纸上
from that paper and then used it to make their own forgery.
洗掉了另一幅图,然后用它做赝品
Gonna have to take your word for it.
只能相信你的话了
We had an expert run some tests.
我们请一位专家做了一些测试
He determined that the ink was produced in the 1940s,
发现墨水产于上世纪四十年代
A few years before your grandfather loaned the library the map.
在你祖父把地图借给图书馆的几年前
I don't understand.
我不明白
Are you saying that he gave them a fake?
你是说他给了图书馆一副赝品吗
That it-it was fake all along?
这地图自始至终都是假的
It's a possibility.
有这个可能
Well, I don't know what to say.
我不知道说什么好了
Obviously, he wouldn't have given it to the library knowingly.
他肯定不会明知是赝品还交给图书馆的
What-what would he have stood to gain?
他能有什么好处
All right, just so we're clear, Miss Bray,
我必须澄清,布雷小姐
No one's trying to embarrass you or your family.
没人想令你或你的家人蒙羞
The reason we're sharing this is--
我们之所以告诉你这些
The last person to handle that map is dead.
是因为最后经手这地图的人已经死了
There's a theory of evidence that suggests
有一种证据理论表明
That Stuart Zupko was hired to steal it.
斯图尔特·祖普克是受雇去偷图的
And then when the buyer realized it was a fake,
后来当买家发现是赝品
They killed him.
就杀了他
If we're right, the buyer may still be looking
如果我们没猜错,买家现在可能
for the real map, which was last in your family's possession.
还在寻找真的地图,而它此前是你家的资产
Are you saying that I'm in danger?
你是说我有危险吗
I'm saying you should keep your eyes open.
我是说你应该多加留心
If you see anything out of the ordinary
如果发现什么不寻常的事
or if anyone tries to contact you,
或是有人试图联系你
you should call us.
请联系我们
Was I quiet enough for you?
这次我声音够小了吗
I picked the lock again.
我又撬了一次锁
So you did.
看来是的
You asked me to come here, so why do I get the feeling
是你让我来的,为什么我觉得
that I'm interrupting?
我打扰到你了
We can now say with reasonable certainty
我们现在有理由确信
that Stuart Zupko killed the guard
斯图尔特·祖普克杀了
at the 39th street library.
39大街图书馆的保安
If I am right that he was in turn killed
如果我没猜错,他随后被
by one of his map-obsessed customers,
他的一位痴迷地图的买家杀害
It behooves us to identify them, does it not?
所以我们有必要查明他们的身份,对吧
Is she supposed to be a map collector?
她看起来像是地图收藏家吗
I've spoken with some of the city's more reputable auction houses,
我联系了本市几家信誉良好的拍卖行
and I have discovered that the Bray map was originally
我发现布雷地图原属于
one plate from an atlas entitled Smythe's Virginia.
一本叫《斯迈思之弗吉尼亚》的地图集
Edward Smythe, the early American surveyor
作者是爱德华·斯迈思,早期绘制地图的
who drew the maps, is currently very much in vogue.
美国勘测员,他的作品如今又盛行起来
Now, the process of dismantling atlases and
目前,地图集被拆解开来
selling their individual maps
以单张售卖
has long been common amongst collectors.
对收藏家来说早已不是新闻
This, in turn, has created an even more lucrative market
这反而为收集全套地图
for reassembling the books.
创造了更利润丰厚的市场
Okay, so how much is a restored Smythe's Virginia worth?
集齐的《斯迈思之维吉尼亚》价值多少钱
Far more than the sum of its parts.
远超过所有单张地图的总价值
Several million, at least.
起码要几百万美金
So, if someone were close to completing their copy...
这么说,如果有人快要收集全了
Would explain why that person
那就解释了这个人
only really cared about the Bray map.
为何只对布雷地图感兴趣
Now, there is a collector named Austin Cornblatt.
有一个叫奥斯丁·康布拉特的收藏家
He's been trying to assemble a copy of the atlas.
他一直在收集地图集的单页
He's bid very aggressively for plates in several auctions.
他在拍卖会上不吝重金拍下几张地图
He could be a viable suspect.
他很有可能是嫌犯
If not, he might have some insights
即使不是,那他也有可能
into others who've sought them out.
向我们提供搜集地图之人的信息
Well, still doesn't explain the, um...
你还是没解释...
Earlier this morning,
今早
I initiated a dialogue with Mr. Cornblatt
我主动联系了康布拉特先生
Under false pretenses.
用的是假身份
You are currently speaking with Amber1776,
你面前的鄙人正是安珀1776
An obsequious American history major
美国历史的狂热爱好者
who's been fawning over his collection.
对他的收藏垂涎不已
I enjoy water sports and people who don't suck.
我喜欢水上运动和成功人士
You are a honey trap.
好一招美人计
I'm a patriot.
我是爱国人士
And over our last exchanges,
我们上一次交谈时
I've deftly steered the conversation
我巧妙地引导
towards him letting me see a copy of his atlas.
他给我展示他的地图集收藏品
He shows me his Virginia...
给我看他的维吉尼亚地图...
I-I get it.
懂了懂了
I had hoped to hear back from him
你刚到的时候
by the time you arrived, but depending on
我正期盼他的回音
whether he's married, and whether or not
但取决于他是否已婚,以及
Mrs. Cornblatt shares his computer,
康布拉特太太是否和他共用一台电脑
might take some time.
可能要等上一会
Where's Kitty?
凯蒂去哪儿了
Office supply run. I require staples.
去补给办公室用品了,我要些订书钉
Been running her a little ragged lately, haven't you?
最近你让她做的事太多了吧
Kitty.
凯蒂
My instruction is not for the weakhearted, Watson.
玻璃心的人是当不了我徒弟的,华生
You know this.
你很清楚
Well, she's trying to be a little more social lately,
她最近正努力扩大自己的圈子
So you might want to ease up on her.
所以你还是别让她干那么多活了
Get your own prodigy, Watson.
找你自己的门徒去,华生
I'm just saying, I think it's a good step for her.
我只是觉得,能走出这一步对她大有裨益
So, if it means giving her a little more free time,
所以如果能换来她更多自由时间
then I'm willing to pick up the slack.
我愿意过来帮你
And I'm not gonna run out and get you staples or anything,
跑出去给你买订书钉这种事,我可不会做
but if you are working on a case, and you need a second
但若是跟案件相关的事情
set of eyes and someone to talk to, then you can call me.
需要其他见解或讨论案件,你可以找我
I couldn't before?
我以前不可以吗
Of course you could...
当然可以...
You asked me to be a part of her life,
你让我走进她的生活
to help her learn...
帮助她学习...
It's Cornblatt.
是康布拉特
He regrets to report
他很抱歉
that he no longer has the unfinished Smythe's virginia.
《斯迈思之弗吉尼亚》已经不在他手上了
Gave up that hobby and sold it to
几个月前,他放弃了这项爱好
an anonymous buyer several months ago.
转手卖给了一位匿名买家
Got a ridiculously high price for it, he wants Amber to know.
他想让安珀知道卖了一大笔钱
Well, if we don't know the name of the buyer,
如果我们不知道买家的名字
then how is Amber gonna send him dirty pictures?
安珀如何能将自己香艳的照片发给他呢
You underestimate her resolve.
你小瞧了她的决心
Austin Cornblatt.
奥斯丁·康布拉特
Detective Marcus Bell, NYPD.
我是马库斯·贝尔警探,纽约警局
You had an online conversation earlier today
你今早在网上和安珀1776
with someone named Amber1776?
有过交谈对吗
Oh, god.
我的天
Please don't tell me she's under 18.
拜托,别告诉我她未成年
Amber is definitely not what she represented herself to be.
安珀绝不是她自己描述的那样
My life is over.
我的生活要完了
All right, Mr. Cornblatt, slow down.
好了,康布拉特先生,先别慌
You're not in any trouble.
你没惹上什么麻烦
You didn't do anything illegal.
也没做违法的事情
You mentioned that you sold an atlas called Smythe's virginia
你说你向一位匿名买家出售了一册地图集
to an anonymous buyer.
名叫《斯迈思之弗吉尼亚》
You're kidding me.
没开玩笑吧
She was actually interested in that?
她真的对那个感兴趣
The department is trying to locate the buyer.
警方正在努力查找买家
So, we'd like your permission to look
我们想获得您的许可
at your bank transfer records,
查看您的转账记录
shipping info, anything you might have
货运信息,任何能帮助我们
that would help us identify who bought the atlas.
查出买家身份的信息
And if I help you?
如果我帮你们
No one ever finds out about Amber?
安珀这事能不宣扬吗
All that stays between us.
我一定保守秘密
I can do better than bank records.
我能提供比银行记录更有用的信息
I was contacted by a law firm.
一家律师事务所联系的我
I'll give you the name.
我给你事务所的名字
They acted as intermediary for the sale.
他们是本次买卖的中介机构
Well, she apologizes again and swears again
她再次道歉,而且再次发誓说
that she passed our message about the atlas on to her bosses.
她把关于地图集的口信传达给了她的老板
Someone will be out to speak to us shortly.
很快会有人出来跟我们接洽
There's a helicopter landing on the roof.
有架直升机在屋顶降落
Can't hear that, can you?
你听不到,是吧
Actually, I can.
事实上,能听见
It's a Sikorsky S-92, A 2010 model.
西科斯基S-92直升机,2010年的机型
Mm, the rotor is pulling a little bit to the left.
旋翼有点偏左
You mock what you do not understand.
你嘲弄你不懂的事物
You have great hearing, I understand.
你听力很好,我懂
So this lot from the coffee shop--
她在咖啡店遇到的这群人
she's mentioned them to you-Kitty.
就是她跟你提起过的,凯蒂
She told you about them, too?
她也跟你说了吗
In so many words.
说过很多
Is there something wrong with them?
他们有什么问题吗
There's a young man among their number.
他们中有一个男人
Okay, so she likes the guy.
好吧,她喜欢这个男人
I might've caught a glimpse of a text message,
有一次,我瞥到了一条短信
quite unintentionally, you understand?
不小心瞥见的,你懂的
Oh, my god.
我的天呐
You've been keeping her busy on purpose!
你是故意让她无暇他顾的
Miss Watson?
华生小姐
Mr. Holmes.
福尔摩斯先生
Sharon Tavener.
我是莎伦·塔夫纳
I'm one of the partners.
公司合伙人之一
Sorry to keep you waiting so long.
抱歉让你们久等了
You had us at a disadvantage.
你们之前让我们很被动
Now we're all caught up.
现在我们平手了
Please, follow me.
请跟我来
Sherlock Holmes, Joan watson?
夏洛克·福尔摩斯,乔恩·华生
William Hull.
这位是威廉·赫尔
The name is familiar, I take it?
你们应该很熟悉我的名字吧
Indeed.
没错
William Hull, real estate magnate.
威廉·赫尔,地产大亨
A man whose eponymous monstrosities
其名下的多栋怪异建筑
have been scouring the Manhattan skyline for decades.
几十年来一直占据着曼哈顿的天际线
I was given a brief on you.
我之前听了关于你的简介
You don't disappoint.
你从不令人失望
Please.
请坐
So, that was your helicopter landing on the roof?
刚才是你的直升机在楼顶降落
We weren't just waiting
我们之前并非只是
for your lawyers to figure out who we were.
等你的律师们弄清楚我们的身份
You wanted to be here in person.
你希望亲自到场
You two have quite a reputation.
你们二位名声在外
I thought you deserved a face-to-face.
我觉得值得亲自见一面
Obviously you were the anonymous buyer
显然你就是那个向奥斯丁·康布拉特
of Austin Cornblatt's atlas.
购买地图集的匿名买家
I brought it with me because you told the receptionist
我把它带来了,因为你们告诉前台
you were interested in it. You want it?
你们对它很感兴趣,想要吗
Take it. It's yours.
拿走吧,是你们的了
Actually we're more interested in the map it once contained.
其实我们对里面缺的那幅地图更感兴趣
The one that the Bray family gave to that library, right?
是布雷家族给图书馆的那幅,对吗
You're aware of it?
你知道这件事
I watch the news.
我看了新闻
I know that the one that turned up is a fake.
我知道发现的那幅地图是赝品
I'm interested in the original, same as you.
和你们一样,我也想得到原版地图
Hearing that the Brays owned a copy is the closest
得知布雷家曾有一张
I've come to finding one.
是我能找到的唯一线索了
Which is the other reason I'm here.
这也是我来的另一个原因
I'd like to hire you to find it for me.
我希望能雇你们替我找到它
Mr. Hull, are you familiar with a man
赫尔先生,你熟悉
by the name of Stuart Zupko?
斯图尔特·祖普克这个名字吗
The thief. The dead one.
那个已经死了的小偷
You're wondering if I made him the same offer?
你们想知道我是否也对他提过同样的提议
I didn't. Never even heard of him before yesterday.
我没有,直到昨天我才听说这个名字
You have my word.
我向你们保证
Oh, well, now that we have your word.
你都愿意向我们保证了
I have information that I think
我觉得我掌握的信息
might help you with your case.
会对你们的案件有帮助
Information about a certain third party.
关于相关第三方的信息
A third party with their own designs on the map.
对地图有特殊企图的第三方
And the reason you have until now
你为什么不尽你的公民义务
ignored your civic duty and kept this information to yourself?
而选择隐瞒了这些信息呢
Is that I can't be sure that they're behind all this.
因为我不知道这一切是否是他们策划的
I could be exposing myself to a lawsuit.
我可能会面临起诉
Come on, think about it.
你们想想
If I had anything to do with the crimes,
要是我真和这些犯罪有关
would I be so stupid as to identify myself to you?
我会傻到向你们表明身份吗
I could have just told my attorneys
我完全可以让我的律师
to send you on your way.
直接请你们离开
So, come on, work for me.
接下这份工作吧
If I'm right about the other party,
关于相关第三方的事,如果我是对的
you won't just be making an obscene amount of money.
你们不仅会大赚一笔
You'll be bringing a criminal to justice.
还能把罪犯绳之于法
Isn't that what really matters?
这不正是最重要的吗
That was abrupt.
走得这么突然
But satisfying, no?
但是很有收获,不是吗
Well, should we call Captain Gregson?
我们要联系格雷森警监吗
So that Hull and his cronies can deny
好让赫尔先生和他的党羽
this meeting ever took place? What's the point?
否认有过这次会面吗,有何用呢
Well, he said it himself.
他自己也说了
He might know who hired Zupko.
他可能知道是谁雇了祖普克
Bollocks. If he did, he would've
胡扯,要是他知道
passed that information to the police the same way
他肯定会匿名向警方举报的
he bought that atlas. Anonymously.
就像他买地图集时那样
No. The real purpose of this meeting
这次会面的真实目的
was to buy our allegiance.
就是收买我们
He knows that we seek the Bray map.
他知道我们在找布雷地图
And in the event we find it, he wants to ensure we pass it
他希望我们找到地图之后只交给他
to no one but him.
而不是其他人
If the whole point
如果找到那幅地图
of acquiring the map is to complete the atlas,
只是为了集齐地图集的话
then why did he just offer to give us his copy?
那他为什么要向给我们他的藏品呢
Because completing the atlas is not the point.
因为收集齐地图集并不是最终目的
He obviously couldn't care less
他显然并不在意
about its value as a collectable.
其收藏价值
And if it's irrelevant to him,
如果他的目的不是收藏
I predict it's equally irrelevant
那我猜他提到的第三方的目的
to the third party he mentioned.
也不是收藏
Then why would any of them want it?
那为什么他们都想要得到它呢
The Bray map is old.
布雷地图年代久远
And for being old, it is valuable.
年代久远意味着其本身的珍贵
But that is not the point of it.
但这并非重点
Think-- what is a map but a record?
想想,除了记录以外地图还有什么价值
It-it's a piece of parchment splashed with information.
它还是隐藏着信息的文稿
So, it's not the physical map they're after.
所以他们要找的并不是地图本身
It's the information.
而是其中的信息
I see rivers...
上面有河流
and hills, some towns.
山丘,还有几个小镇
I suppose it qualifies as information,
也许这的确算一些信息
but is it important in 2014?
但在2014年这有什么用呢
That is the question, is it not?
这就是问题所在,不是吗
Unfortunately, this isn't even the map that's important.
不幸的是,这还不是那幅关键地图的原版
It's a scan of the one the library had.
只是失窃地图的扫描图
Which we know is a forgery.
而我们已经知道那是赝品了
We thought that Stuart Zupko was killed
我们以为斯图尔特·祖普克被杀
because he had procured a map of no collectable value.
是因为他偷取的地图并没有收藏价值
I now believe that he died because the map had no
我现在相信他被杀是因为这幅地图上
informational value.
缺失了一些重要信息
But it's a copy.
但这是复制品
Shouldn't all the information be the same?
难道不应该包含同样的信息吗
It should.
应该是
"Should" being the key word.
"应该"是关键词
Now, I believe that the original Bray map,
我认为原版的布雷地图
wherever it now resides,
无论其现在位于何方
includes data which the forgery does not,
包含着赝品所无法呈现的信息
data worth killing for.
值得杀人的信息
Which means we need to find out
也就是说我们得找出
what the forgery is missing.
赝品缺了些什么
Well, how? Like you said,
怎么找,就像你说的
the original's nowhere to be found.
原版已经找不到了
There's no way of comparing the two.
根本没办法进行对比
Only partially true.
不全对
Miss Bray was kind enough to give us these photographs.
布雷小姐很慷慨地给了我们这些照片
They all include images of the map.
里边都有这幅地图
And they were all taken before 1940.
并且都是在1940年之前照的
The expert who analyzed the forgery
鉴定出那副赝品的专家
said it was made using ink from the 1940s.
说那是用一九四几年的墨水画的
So, if we look at photographs from the '20s and '30s...
所以如果我们对照二十和三十年代的照片...
We can assume we're looking at the original.
我们很可能就是在看原版
None of them feature the map...
这里边的地图都太小了
But with proper scrutiny,
但如果通过细致的观察
the discrepancies might present themselves.
差异就会自己显露出来
Do you need to take that?
你不去接吗
No, I don't believe she does.
不,我觉得她不需要
How would you know?
你怎么知道
Because we got a lot of work to do and very little time to do it.
因为我们有很多工作要做并且时间紧迫
I'm here. I can help.
我在这,我可以帮忙
And help you shall.
那就帮忙吧
What if my phone rings?
如果我电话响了呢
Do I need your permission to answer it?
我需要你的批准来接电话吗
You are not my protégée.
你不是我门徒
I'd like to go to the loo.
我想去趟厕所
Unless either of you have any objections.
你俩不反对吧
You can't do that.
你不能这样
I can't do what?
我不能哪样
You can't police her like that.
你不能管得这么严
You can't tell her who she can and can't talk to.
你不能干涉她交什么朋友
I'm training her.
我在训练她
To be what-- a shut-in?
训练成宅女吗
I know how you feel about romantic entanglements.
我知道你对感情纠葛的想法
You think love is stupid. Fine.
你认为爱情很愚蠢,没问题
Whatever. But if that is the guy that she likes...
无所谓,但如果她真的喜欢那男的...
Then he'll call again!
那他会继续打过来
And again and again!
一次又一次
This is exactly the same kind of crap you used to pull with me.
你当初就是这么对我的
I needed my space and so does she!
我需要自己的空间,她也需要
Because you are the same.
因为你俩完全是一回事
Your situations are identical.
你俩的状况完全相同
Yes! You were a virtual hermit
没错,我在伦敦找到你的时候
when I found you in London.
你就是个隐士
You could barely look me in the eye because I was a man,
你几乎不能直视我这个男人的眼睛
and a man had hurt you so horrifically, yes!
因为正是男人伤你最深,没错
You told me on more than one occasion
你不止一次地告诉我
that you thought of doing yourself harm.
你想要伤害你自己
Yes, yes, I see it now.
对对,我明白了
You and her are virtually indistinguishable.
你们俩几乎就是同一个人
Thank for helping me see that. Thank you.
谢谢你帮我看清事实,谢谢
Y-You're assuming that I'm interfering for selfish reasons.
你以为我是因为自私才干涉她
But I'm just merely trying to...
但我只不过是想...
To protect her.
保护她
She's come a long way, Watson.
她通过努力才有今天,华生
She's come a very long way.
这一切来之不易
And most of that progress is testament to her great strength.
其中大部分是靠她自己的能力
Yes. But I dare say that I had a hand.
没错,但我敢说我也有贡献
So, if some dalliance was to go wrong,
所以如果这些调情出了乱子
and if it was to hurt her in some way...
如果她再次被伤害了
It would hurt you, too.
你也会感到伤害
I understand why you're afraid,
我明白你为什么害怕
but this is progress, too.
但这也是进展
You get that, right?
你明白的,对吧
So, I'll make copies of the Bray map and the photographs.
所以,我会把布雷地图和照片复印一下
The work might go faster if we work independently.
我们分开工作效率也许会更快
So, last night we asked ourselves,
所以,昨晚我们问自己
"How does the real Bray map differ from the forgery?"
真的布雷地图与赝品有何不同
Obviously the answer is
显然答案是
to shine a bright light in my face.
用强光照我的脸
I've spent several hours comparing images of the forgery
我花了数小时将赝品与
to those photographs supplied by Margaret Bray.
玛格丽特·布雷提供的照片进行对比
And as far as I can tell,
据我的观察
original and forgery are identical.
原版与赝品一模一样
Then your theory was wrong.
那你的理论就是错的
The information on the original
不是原版上边的信息
isn't what makes it so valuable.
让它更有价值
My theory was right.
我的理论没错
The question was wrong. We should've asked ourselves,
是问题错了,我们应该自问
"How does the Bray map differ from reality?"
布雷地图与现实有何不同
This is a modern-day depiction of the land in the Bray map.
这是一张布雷地图里那块地的现代描绘
That is the Bray map.
那是张布雷地图
It all lines up pretty perfectly.
匹配得挺完美的
Edward Smythe was a fine mapmaker.
爱德华·斯迈思是位优秀的制图师
Collectors are right to covet his work.
收藏他的作品是正确的选择
But you're wrong-- it doesn't line up perfectly.
但你说的不对,并非完美匹配
Note this one small section of the Spotswood River,
注意看斯波茨伍德河这一小片区域
where at some point over the last 220 years,
在过去的220年中
the river has shifted its course.
河道移动了
And why is that important?
这很重要吗
Because an Indian casino is
因为那里正筹备建造
currently slated for construction
一座印第安赌场
right there.
就在这里
Now...
好了
it will be the first in the state
如果真的建成了的话
if, indeed, it is completed.
这将是州内第一家
The regulatory hurdles that such a proposal
这项建筑需要清理的障碍
needs to clear are Byzantine to say the least.
简直如拜占庭般复杂
And what we are looking at here...
而我们现在看到的
may be the project's death blow.
可能是这项计划的死穴
The treaty which established this reservation
那份条约表明这片土地
defines the easternmost border as the Spotswood River
只到斯波茨伍德河的最东部
and cites this very map as its source.
而且引用的正是这张地图
So, back then, the river veered more to the west.
所以在当时,河道更靠西一些
Which means the proposed site of the casino
也就是说,那座赌场的建造地
is not on the reservation at all.
完全不属于居留地内
They can't build there.
他们不能在那建造
Due to topographical concerns,
因为地形的原因
no other site on the reservation will do.
居留地内其他土地都不适合建造
And so, the reason to hunt for the real Bray map
所以,找到原版布雷地图的原因
becomes clear.
已经显而易见
It, unlike a forgery, would be admissible in court.
不像赝品,原版可以呈上法庭
And would in all likelihood,
并且非常可能
spell the end of a billion-dollar endeavor.
终结这数十亿美元的生意
Okay, so what does all of this
好吧,那这一切
have to do with William Hull?
和威廉·赫尔有什么关系
Well, aside from his real estate in New York,
除了他在纽约的房产
he owns several casinos in Atlantic City.
他在大西洋城还有几个赌场
A casino in Virginia would take business away from him.
弗吉尼亚州的赌场会抢走他的生意
So, you think Hull's the killer?
所以你认为赫尔是凶手
I'm almost certain that he is not.
我基本可以肯定他不是凶手
He has no motive to steal the Bray map.
他没有偷布雷地图的动机
If he'd known it was in the 39th Street Library,
如果他知道东西藏在39大街图书馆
his lawyers could've just subpoenaed it.
他的律师可以直接要求传召这证据
Then who?
那凶手会是谁
You the folks who were asking to see me?
就是你们要见我
Leon Moody, General Manager.
里昂·穆迪,公司总经理
Sherlock Holmes. My colleagues and I
夏洛克·福尔摩斯,我和我的同事们
are consultants with the NYPD.
是纽约警局的顾问
A little far upstate, aren't you?
离我们这有点远啊,是吧
Once two murders have been committed,
如果某地发生了两起谋杀案
we go where the case takes us.
不管多远我们都要跟着案子走
You're not just the general manager here.
你不仅是这里的总经理吧
You're also chairman of the Algonquian
你同时也是阿尔冈昆
Gaming Commission, right?
博彩委员会的委员长,对吧
The same commission which is funding
就是这个委员会
the Powhatan tribe's efforts to build a casino in Virginia.
在资助波瓦坦族在弗吉尼亚建赌场
Two men were murdered this week
这周有两人被杀
because someone tried to steal a map from a library
因为他们试图从图书馆偷走一份地图
that could derail that project.
而该地图会破坏赌场建设项目
Now, if you help us identify the perpetrators, you have our word
如果你现在帮助我们指认凶手
no one will know the information came from you.
我们保证会为信息来源保密
You folks got a long drive back to the city.
你们得开很久才能回到城里
You ought to get going.
是时候上路了
What if I ask a question first?
我先问你一个问题如何
I came here before my associates
我比我的同事早到了一会儿
and whilst I was walking past your blackjack tables,
刚刚经过二十一点赌桌的时候
I couldn't help taking these videos.
我忍不住拍下了这些视频
You gotta delete those.
你必须把这些删掉
It's all in the cloud now.
我已经上传云端了
I noticed how rarely face cards were coming up.
我注意到人头牌极少出现
They make up almost a quarter of the deck,
人头牌占据一副扑克的四分之一
but in my videos,
然而在我的视频中
I don't see them nearly that often.
它们却并未频繁地出现
Got me thinking. What if the casino,
这让我很好奇,会不会是赌场
say, pulled a few kings and queens
从他们使用的六副扑克中
from each of those six decks you use?
擅自抽出了几张K和Q呢
The house wouldn't have to pay out
这样,赌场就不用
for blackjack nearly as often.
为常常出现的二十一点付钱了
It's only a small sample, but we have colleagues
这只是个小例子,不过我们在联调局的同事
at the FBI who would be more than willing to take a look,
肯定会很有兴趣来看看的
and if they were to shut you down for just one day...
如果他们让你关门,哪怕就一天
how much might you lose?
你会损失多少钱
We're just asking for a name.
我们只是想要一个名字
Come with me.
跟我来
Is that...
这是
The original?
原版吗
What do you think?
你觉得呢
As you're probably aware,
你可能知道
this is the second such forgery we've seen in as many days.
这是几天来我们见到的第二份赝品了
It's not quite as good as the other one, but still...
不如第一个那么逼真,不过还是
Why are you showing this to us?
你为什么给我们看这个
My, um...
我的
associates and I only realized the King James County map
助手和我,在几周前才意识到
was at that library a few weeks ago.
詹姆斯国王郡地图在那个图书馆里
We thought it was real.
我们以为那份是真品
We knew it could be used against us,
我们知道它可能会对我们不利
so we arranged to have this one made.
所以就伪造了这份
We were going to pay someone at the library
我们打算买通图书馆工作人员
to switch ours out with theirs.
用假图换走真图
No one was going to get hurt.
没人会受到伤害
So if anyone subpoenaed the map--
所以如果有人传这份地图到庭
William Hull's attorneys,
比如威廉·赫尔的律师
for example-- your interests would be protected.
你的利益也将得到保护
Someone would discover the map was a fake
有人会发现地图是伪造的
and then plans for the casino would keep moving forward.
这样建设赌场的计划就能继续进行
You can imagine our surprise when we saw the news this week.
你可以想像我们这周看到新闻有多么惊讶
Someone else had stolen the map,
有其他人偷走了地图
a guard had been killed.
图书馆保安被杀害
Then the map turns up, only the police say
之后地图意外出现,但警方说
it was a fake all along.
地图从始至终都是假的
We realized we'd gotten ourselves all worked up
我们才发觉自己费了这么大劲
over absolutely nothing.
却都做了无用功
Uh... you're more than welcome to take it.
你们可以随意把地图拿走
We never did anything illegal with it.
我们没有用它做任何不法的事
Now, I know you were hoping for a name,
我知道你们想得到一个名字
but can I at least assume
那我能假设
that you'll delete all of those videos?
你会删除所有这些视频吗
Our colleagues at the FBI
我们联调局的同事
will hear nothing of your questionable gaming practices.
不会听到任何值得怀疑的赌博活动
Obviously, I hope the real map never turns up.
很明显,我希望真地图永远不会出现
We have a lot riding on the casino in Virginia.
弗吉尼亚的赌场对我们来说很重要
But two murders?
但发生了两起谋杀案
I only wish I could be of more help.
我真希望能为你们提供更多帮助
Actually, you've been more helpful than you realize.
其实你已经提供了超乎你想象的帮助
I think I know who killed Stuart Zupko.
我应该知道是谁杀害斯图尔特·祖普克了
Kitty, right?
是凯蒂吧
You remember Captain Gregson?
还记得格雷森警监吗
Mr. Holmes said on the phone that you've uncovered
福尔摩斯先生在电话中说
another forgery of my family's map.
你发现了我家族地图的另一份赝品
We'll show you.
我们会拿给你看的
Miss Bray.
布雷小姐
It certainly looks authentic.
看起来很像真的
It is, in fact, a rather crude reproduction.
实际上,这是个相当粗糙的复制品
Forger never had access to the original.
伪造者根本没有看到过原版地图
He did his best using the high-resolution scans
赝品是他用39街图书馆在官网上放的
the 39th Street Library made available on their Web site.
高分辨率扫描版伪造的
And where did this one come from?
那这份是哪来的
It was commissioned by a group
受一个正在建造赌场的公司
which is trying to build a casino.
委托而制造的
They were worried that the original would
他们担心原版地图
kill their project, so they planned to discredit it
会导致赌场项目停工,所以打算以假换真
by replacing it with this one.
让地图在法庭上失效
Would you like to know where the casino is going to go?
你想知道赌场会建在哪里吗
Right here.
就在这里
Your family still owns land just outside the reservation,
你的家族仍然拥有预定地区外围的土地
land that would be worth hundreds of millions of dollars,
这些地的价值会高达数亿美元
but only if the casino went forward.
但必须是在赌场能继续建设的前提下
There would be hotels, restaurants...
赌场将带动各项发展,旅馆,餐厅
Pawnshops, the odd money lender...
当铺,零钱放款等等
Now, you knew about your grandfather's map
你知道你祖父地图的存在
and the trouble it would cause once people noticed it.
也清楚一旦有人注意到地图将会引发的问题
People like, say, William Hull.
比如威廉·赫尔这样的人
This all started when the library put a scan of the map online.
这都是从图书馆将地图的影印版传上网开始的
You couldn't just steal it and make it disappear.
你不能直接偷走并让它消失
You had to throw the history of the original into question.
你只能用原版的历史来做文章
So you commissioned this forgery.
于是你伪造了这张地图
This is the map we found
这是我们在
at the scene of Stuart Zupko's murder.
斯图尔特·祖普克凶案现场发现的那张
I'm sorry, are you suggesting that...
不好意思,你们是说
that I had something to do with what happened to him?
我跟他的死有关吗
You said that the...
你说过
the map that was stolen,
被偷的地图
it was forged in the 1940s.
是一九四几年伪造的
How could I have possibly commissioned it?
怎么可能是我干的
I wasn't even born yet.
那时候我还没出生呢
In point of fact,
事实上
we said the ink was produced in the 1940s.
我们是说墨水是一九四几年产的
The map that Zupko stole,
而祖普克偷的地图
the one that was in the library for years,
被图书馆保存了很久的那张
was the genuine article after all.
的确是地图的原版真迹
You commissioned him to acquire it for you.
你雇他帮你偷到手
You then brought it to a forger,
然后拿给一名伪造者
with instructions to create a copy
让他伪造了一份副本
which looked like it had been made 70 years ago.
看起来就像七十年前制造的
You then murdered Stuart Zupko.
然后你杀了斯图尔特·祖普克
You left the forgery at the scene
把赝品留在现场
to make it look like a handoff had gone awry.
这样看起来就像交货时出了意外
There's very few guys in New York
纽约没几个人
that could pull something like this off.
能伪造出这么逼真的东西
You needed someone from the old school.
你需要一个经验老道的人
Someone like...
比如说
Franco DeMasi.
弗兰克·德梅西
We showed him photos of what you did to Zupko
我们把祖普克受害的照片给他看了
and hinted that he might be next.
并暗示他可能会是你下一个目标
He's cutting a deal right now.
他现在正在和我们谈条件
A career criminal
一个职业罪犯
tells you that I hired him,
说是我雇了他
which is what he knows that you want to hear,
他知道这肯定是你们想听到的
and you start throwing accusations around?
而你们就开始给我扣这些莫须有的罪名
After Mr. DeMasi completed his work,
德梅西先生完成赝品后
he returned the original to you,
他把原版地图还给了你
which you, of course, destroyed.
而你当然把它销毁了
But when making a forgery using copper plate,
不过,用铜板制造赝品时
it takes negligibly more time to create two copies, rather than one.
做两份副本并不会多花多少时间
He realized how valuable the original was
他知道原版价值连城
and so he made a second duplicate to hand off to you.
于是做了另一张副本交给你
He kept the real one for himself.
而自己把原版留下了
This real one.
这张原版
Now, this map
这张地图上
has traces of mold on it,
有霉菌的痕迹
which prove it was in a drawer
证明它曾在39大街图书馆的抽屉里
in the 39th Street Library for decades.
存放了几十年
It also has your fingerprints all over it.
上面还有很多你的指纹
I'm guessing you fly a lot.
我猜你应该常坐飞机
'Cause the Trusted Traveler Program you gave your prints to?
因为你在常旅计划中留下的指纹
It interfaces with our system.
在我们系统里也能查到
All in all, DeMasi's word against yours
不管怎样,德梅西关于你的口供
is sounding pretty good.
还是很可信的
Gonna sit there, or are you gonna help me?
要继续坐着,还是起来帮帮忙
Have a seat.
先坐下
Watson has impressed upon me
华生让我觉得
that I owe you an apology.
我欠你一个道歉
You may have noticed
你可能注意到
I've been keeping you rather busy lately.
最近我总是让你做很多事
Some of the errands were... beneath you.
有些杂务其实...大材小用了
You were very clear about all of this in London.
你在伦敦就说得很清楚
You told me that there'd be scut work, every now and again.
你说时不时需要做些零碎的事
I'm aware of the young man at the coffee shop.
我知道那个咖啡店的年轻人
Zachary.
扎克里
I know you've developed a rapport
我知道你们关系不错
and he is, in his own plodding way,
而他正在用他单调无趣的方式
courting you.
追求你
I was worried.
我有点担心
So...
所以
I kept you otherwise engaged.
让你忙得没空搭理他
That was a mistake.
但我做错了
I have watched the progress you've made
我很骄傲地目睹了
over the last few months with great pride.
你这几个月取得的显着进展
And you've come a very long way.
这些于你而言来之不易
I should have trusted you to...
我应该信任你能
continue that progression.
继续取得进步
I knew.
其实我知道
You knew what?
知道什么
I could tell that you'd...
我能感觉到你已经
figured out about Zachary.
知道扎克里的事了
I knew that's why you were keeping me busy.
也知道你因此让我干这么多活
But I was glad of it.
但我觉得挺高兴的
I was afraid, as well.
其实我也害怕
Zachary's sweet, he's...
扎克里人很好,他...
And he likes me.
而且他喜欢我
What you did made me feel...
你做的这些让我觉得
very protected...
受到保护
...and very loved.
受到爱护
So just stop moping about.
所以别闷闷不乐了
I've got ice cream to put away.
我还要把冰淇淋放进冰箱呢
Watson's offered to reclaim
华生提议
a greater role in our collaboration,
更多参与我们的合作
so that I might give you some more personal time.
这样我可以给你更多私人时间
I shall be accepting her offer.
我打算接受
How you choose to spend that time...
至于你如何安排那些时间
that's entirely up to you.
完全取决于你
This Zachary...
这个扎克里
does he have an aversion to insects?
他讨厌昆虫吗
You said you were going to leave him be.
你说过不干涉这事了的
There's an entomology exhibit at the Museum of Natural History.
自然历史博物馆有个昆虫展
I thought you and I should pay a visit there this afternoon.
我想下午跟你一起去逛逛
If your friend is free,
如果你朋友有空
perhaps he'd like to join us.
也许他会愿意加入我们
I'll call him.
我待会打给他
And find out.
看他想不想去

重点单词   查看全部解释    
resistance [ri'zistəns]

想一想再看

n. 抵抗力,反抗,反抗行动;阻力,电阻;反对

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
embarrass [im'bærəs]

想一想再看

vt. 使为难,使窘迫,使尴尬
vi. 窘迫

联想记忆
commission [kə'miʃən]

想一想再看

n. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪
vt.

联想记忆
plodding

想一想再看

adj. 单调乏味的;沉重缓慢的 v. 沉重地走;辛勤工

 
uncovered [,ʌn'kʌvəd]

想一想再看

adj. 无覆盖物的;未保险的;无盖的 v. 脱帽致敬;

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
knowingly ['nəuiŋli]

想一想再看

adv. 故意地;机警地,狡黠地

 
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。