Previously on Elementary...
《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
Is it possible to truly know another person?
可能去真正了解另一个人吗
Is it even a worthwhile pursuit?
真的值得去尝试吗
You think that Kitty needs help
你觉得凯蒂需要的帮助
above and beyond my mentorship?
是我的教导提供不了的
She's a rape victim. She was kept and tortured.
她是强奸案受害者
She was kept and tortured.
她被软禁,被虐待过
What, you found your next business?
怎么,你找到新事业了吗
I think so.
我想是的
So, I called the airline,
我给航空公司打了电话
and I can't stay the whole time,
我不能一直待在那
But I've always wanted to see Copenhagen.
但我一直都想去哥本哈根
Yeah. I hear you.
嗯,我听到了
I told him we'd be ready to brief next Wednesday.
我跟他说我们会准备好下周三做简报
Oh, believe me, if he pushes back, I'll kill him myself.
相信我,他要敢往后推,我亲手灭了他
Uh, hold on, I'll check.
等等,我看看
Damn it.
该死
Dan, I'll call you back.
丹,我回头再打给你
Bastard.
混蛋
It's a nondisclosure agreement.
这是份保密协议
I would like you to sign it.
我希望你签了它
Morning to you, too.
你也早上好
It is, for the most part, boilerplate.
这主要是走个形式
My secrets stay secret.
我的秘密一定不能泄露
I have powerful enemies, Kitty.
我有很强大的敌人,凯蒂
I work every day to make more.
我每天的工作都会招惹来更多
You are privy to my method and my madness.
你对我的方式和我的疯狂都很了解
So, you see the risk I'm taking on, do you not?
所以,你明白我承担的风险吧
I do, but we've worked together for months,
我明白,可我们都一起工作好几个月了
So why, all of a s...
为什么现在...
I meant to have your signature from the beginning,
我从一开始就想让你签的
But timely paperwork is a weakness of mine.
可整理文书不是我的强项
I hereby forego my right to tell my nonexistent friends
我特此放弃权力,不会告诉我那些不存在的朋友
that I am pet-sitting a sociopathic tortoise.
我在照顾一只反社会的宠物龟
Does seem to favor the buzzer over the bell lately.
它最近的确是喜欢蜂鸣器多过闹铃
When I feed him, he'd rather zap for his breakfast.
我喂它的时候,它会快速冲向早餐
It's only a small sample,
这只是个小样本
but there is mounting evidence that he wishes you harm.
但有大量证据表明它希望你受伤
We'll need more data to say
我们需要更多数据
whether or not reptiles have the capacity for empathy.
来判定爬行动物是否具有移情能力
Until Watson returns from Copenhagen,
在华生从哥本哈根回来前
Clyde will either warm to you,
克莱德要么开始喜欢你
or the electrocutions will continue.
要么就会继续让你受电刑
Gather your things. We're needed in midtown.
收拾东西,我们得去趟市中心
Guarding a puddle?
守着个水坑
Been demoted, have you?
你被降职了是吧
Haven't you heard?
你没听说过吗
It's not the size of the crime scene that counts.
犯罪现场可不分大小
All we got is this and what's in that bag.
现在手头只有这个和那包里的东西
CSU already did their thing, but the thunderstorm last night
鉴证组已经干完他们的活了,但昨晚的暴雨
washed away most of the story.
冲走了大部分线索
Witnesses?
有目击者吗
Well, we got detectives canvassing the neighborhood,
已经派警探去周围打听了
but it doesn't look like anyone saw the accident
但似乎没人看到,不管这是事故
or torture or whatever this was.
还是虐待或别的什么
Still waiting to hear back from a few hospitals.
还在等几家医院的反馈
But, so far, no reports of a handless man
但目前没有记录表明
Coming into the ER last night.
昨晚有缺了手的人去急诊室
Nor will there be any.
不会有的
The owner of this hand is quite dead.
这手的主人已经死了
I have a fair idea where we'll find the rest of him.
我大概知道能在哪找他到剩余的部分
You will have seen the signs near the puddle of blood
你应该看到了血水坑附近的指示牌
that said overnight parking prohibited on a Monday.
上面写着周一禁止通宵停放车辆
And yet this morning-- rubbish everywhere.
而今早,到处都是垃圾
So it's not too much of a leap to imagine
所以不难想象
that the street sweeper had to maneuver
街道清扫机肯定只能绕着一辆
around an illegally parked car.
非法停放的车辆进行清洁
A car which was later towed.
后来这车被拖走了
Given the givens, you can see how a severed hand
综上所述,你就能明白一只断手
came to be lying in the middle of the street.
怎么会直接出现在大街上了
You want to give us the "givens" one more time?
能把你的综上再述一遍么
It starts at this prius, goes up to the column.
从这前面开始,直到那边的圆柱
Right.
好
The hand was not cut cleanly.
断手的切口不太整齐
It wasn't lopped off with a sharp blade.
应该不是把锋利的刀
The stump was a jagged mess.
切口呈锯齿状
I picture the man lying,
我想那人是躺着的
stuffed beneath a parked car, dead.
被塞在一辆停放着的车下,死了
Sled of the tow truck was lowered...
拖车的撬放下来
...onto his wrist.
正好接到了他的手腕上
And then your puddle became a stew.
于是你的水坑就成了一锅炖汤
But why do you keep saying he was dead?
可你为什么一直说他死了
He could have been a drunkard lying by the curb
也可能是躺在路边的醉汉
with his hand where it shouldn't be.
手伸到了不该放的地方
If I cut your hand off, you'd scream, wouldn't you?
要是我把你的手砍下来,你肯定会尖叫吧
So, a tow truck crew working in a downpour
一个在暴雨中工作的拖车司机
could be forgiven for not seeing what they'd done,
如果没看到出了什么事,是可以理解的
But...
但是
The only way that they wouldn't have heard anything
如果连声音都没听到
is if the man was already deceased.
就只能是这人已经死了
So, you think the body got caught underneath,
所以你觉得尸体在车下面
dragged here by the tow truck?
被拖车拖到了这里
I don't think, detective.
我不是觉得,警探
I know.
我知道
You ought to get cleaned up, get back to your command.
你去洗漱一下吧,然后回去继续工作
I'm free to go?
我可以走了吗
Yeah, you can go.
你可以走了
Look, I'm sure you had your reasons.
听着,我相信你有你的理由
but unless you share 'em,
但你得说出来
I got an official mess on my hands.
不然我这边很难交代啊
I'm not asking for any favors.
我可没请你帮忙
You do what you have to do.
做你该做的就行了
Damn it, Tommy, you hit a cop.
该死,汤米,你打了个警察
I know what I did.
我知道我做了什么
No wallet, no I.D., so he's a John Doe until further notice.
没有钱包和证件,目前是个无名氏
Also, he's a homicide victim.
还有,他是凶案受害人
I seem to remember telling you that this morning.
我今早好像告诉过你了
Someone hit him hard with a blunt instrument.
有人用钝器狠狠打了他
As I also pointed out.
这点我也说过了
Brain hemorrhaging... pretty extensive on the left side.
左侧有大面积脑出血
This was the fatal blow,
要我猜的话
If I had to guess, but it was a rough ride under that car.
这就是致命的一击,但在那车下被拖行那么久
Lots of postmortem injuries, including the severed hand.
有很多死后造成的创伤,包括被切断的手
I'm just amazed he didn't get jarred loose from under there.
我很吃惊他在那下面居然没被甩出来
The undercarriage hooked his belt buckle.
车底盘勾住了他的皮带扣
We had to cut him loose.
我们割断了才把他弄出来的
So, he got attacked on the street,
那么,他在街上遭到了袭击
His wallet is gone.
钱包不见了
Mugging gone wrong?
抢劫引发的意外吗
Whatever it was, he put up a fight.
不管是什么,他都反抗了
Some of the bruising, including the torn rotator cuff,
有些瘀青,包括撕裂的肩部肌腱
wasn't postmortem.
都是死前造成的
And I found a decent sample
我还在他的左手食指下
of what I assume is the perp's blood and skin
找到了一份血液和皮肤样本
under the left index finger.
我怀疑是凶手的
No hits in the system yet.
还没在系统里匹配上
No hair.
没有毛发
Not even in his nose.
鼻子里也没有
And those, um, holes near his shoulder...
还有那些,肩膀附近的洞
Chemo?
是化疗吗
From the looks of it,
看起来
he was on a pretty aggressive course of treatment,
他正在进行强度很大的治疗
and it was working.
并且取得了效果
I didn't find one grain of carcinoma.
我没有找到一个癌细胞
He had a bone graft in his hip-- healed beautifully.
他臀部做过植骨手术,愈合得很好
Might be worth it to show his picture around a few hospitals.
也许可以拿着他的照片去医院问问
After we've checked the orthodox synagogues.
等我们去犹太教堂问过再说吧
This man's clothes may be in tatters,
这个人的衣服可能已经支离破碎了
but these holes are tailored,
但这些洞是特意裁剪出来的
sewn in to hold tzitzit.
用来绑流苏的
The ritual fringe worn by devout Jewish men.
那是虔诚的犹太男子佩戴的宗教饰物
22 such synagogues in Manhattan.
曼哈顿有二十二座犹太教堂
You take everything south of Houston,
你去问豪斯顿以南的
we'll take everything north.
我们去问北边的
We're not certain he was a victim of mugging.
我们不确定他是抢劫案受害者
It's just one possibility.
这只是一种可能性
Did your brother have any enemies
你弟弟有没有什么仇人
or anyone who might have wanted to hurt him?
或者有谁想要伤害他
No. Like I said, Moshe was a good man.
不,就像我说的,摩西是个好人
He was loved here.
在这里大家都爱他
Fact is-- we didn't think we'd have him as long as we did.
其实,我们都没想到他能活这么久
The-the bone cancer.
因为骨癌
But Moshe kept faith.
但摩西信念坚定
Just last month, they told him it was in remission.
就在上个月,他们告诉他病情正在好转
The medical examiner puts your brother's time of death
验尸官说你弟弟的死亡时间
at around 2:00 A.M.
是大约凌晨两点
Was it usual for him to be out that late?
他经常这么晚外出吗
I assumed he-he went to check something at his store.
我以为他是去自己的店里办事了
He owned a Postal Unlimited,
他开了一家邮政无限
one block from where you say he was attacked.
离你们说他被害的地方一个街区远
Moshe's usually the one who opens up in the morning.
摩西通常是早上起来开门的人
I was afraid he was under the weather again.
我以为他可能又身体不舒服
If he came in last night, it'd be in the system over there.
如果他昨晚来了,系统里会有记录的
The master code, it's just one-two-three
主密码就是123
and then the address.
加上地址
Was Moshe a good boss?
摩西是个好老板吗
Yeah, he was the best.
是,他是最好的老板
He was really tight with his community, and still...
他跟他的族人联系得很紧密,不过...
hired a guy named Amit.
还是愿意雇一个叫阿密特的人(印度人名)
He had a big heart.
他心胸宽广
You got any idea what would have drawn him
你觉得有什么事会让他
to the office last night?
昨晚回办公室吗
It could have been anything.
任何事都有可能
There were signs of a-a struggle, violent struggle.
他的尸体上有暴力争斗的痕迹
Possibly personal.
有可能是私人恩怨
So, have you any idea of any acquaintances might have...
你觉得可能是哪个熟人
lured him here?
引诱他来这的吗
Sorry, I just work the counter.
抱歉,我只在柜台工作
You working here last night at 1:00 A.M.?
你凌晨一点时还在这里工作吗
It's finals week.
现在是期末考试周
I was in a study group literally all night.
我昨晚一整晚都在参加学习小组
Like I said, I loved Moshe.
正如我说的,我爱摩西
If it wasn't for him and this job,
如果不是他和这份工作
I wouldn't be able to pay for grad school.
我就没有钱读研了
What is that?
那是什么
That is a GX-100 safe.
那是个GX100保险箱
Rather expensive and new edition,
相当昂贵而且是新装上的
judging by the sawdust on the floor here.
从地上的锯末可以看出来
Alarm system's new, too.
警报系统也是新的
Quite a few security upgrades in the last few months.
过去几个月里进行了好些安保升级
There were a couple robberies in the neighborhood this summer.
今年夏天附近发生了几起劫案
So, you want to bet whether Moshe's nigh-uncrackable
你想打赌摩西那不易破解的密码
security code is put to a double use?
还有第二个用途吗
At least it wasn't his birthday.
至少他没用自己的生日
Little more careful with the books.
就账本而言过分小心了
He was keeping a coded ledger.
他在记录加密的账目
I think that's just Hebrew.
我觉得那只是希伯来语
Some of it.
有些是
We're gonna need copies of all account documentation
我们需要所有账户资料的副本
and any shipping manifests that you have in the store.
还有店里的海运货单
Captain?
警监
Got a minute?
有时间吗
You're a son of a bitch, you know that?
你是个混蛋,你知道吗
I told you what I told you in confidence.
我跟你说的事情是保密的
I told you because I had to tell someone,
我告诉你是因为我得找人倾诉
not because I wanted you to jump my partner
不是因为我想让你在我的半个辖区同事面前
in the middle of the street in front of half my precinct.
在街上打我的搭档
He didn't get half of what he deserved.
这还不到他应得的一半
Well, I got the whole 15th--
我得到了整个十五分局...
People who had no idea what was going on--
那些不知道发生何事的人
trying to figure out why you did it.
都想知道你为什么那么做
You're not saying anything.
你什么都不说
Stotz isn't saying anything.
斯托茨也什么都不说
But I'm hearing whispers everywhere I go this morning.
但今早我走到哪都听到人们窃窃私语
This is worse than what happened.
这比发生的事情还可怕
The guy laid hands on you.
那家伙伤害了你
Did you honestly expect me to do nothing?
你真的期望我袖手旁观吗
I am not nine years old anymore, dad.
我已经不是九岁小孩了,爸爸
I'm a cop.
我是个警察
I can handle myself.
我能照顾好自己
No, that's... that's mine.
不,那是...那是我的
You use another one.
你用别的
You always let me use that one.
你一直让我用这个来着
There's a brand-new one in your room.
你房间里有一部全新的
I meant to tell you, and I forgot.
我想告诉你来着,但我忘了
All right, out with it.
好吧,快点说清楚
First, you make me sign an NDA, now I can't use your laptop.
先是让我签保密协议,现在又不让我用你的电脑
We worked together for months, and today I wake up to find
我们共事几个月了,今天我才发现
I'm learning at the knee of a paranoid.
我是在跟一个多疑的妄想狂学习
Paranoia is the byproduct of being consistently right.
多疑是一贯正确的副产品
You should aspire to it.
你应该以此为目标
Sherlock?
夏洛克
If you must know, I am raw from a recent violation.
如果你必须知道的话,我最近受到了侵犯
It's come to my attention that my last protégée
我注意到我的上一个门徒
was engaged in literary espionage.
跟文学间谍活动有关
The casebook of Sherlock Holmes?
《夏洛克·福尔摩斯探案集》
Watson wrote this?
华生写的吗
I lent her that computer in the early days of our partnership.
这台电脑是在我们合作早期我借给她的
When I got it back, I found a 474-page manuscript,
拿回来时,我发现一份474页的稿件
inadequately trashed and all too easy to recover.
没完全删除,轻而易举就恢复了
She wrote a book about you.
她写了本关于你的书
My work, my methods.
我的工作,我的推理
And god only knows if she's retained copies.
天晓得她是不是还留有副本
But rest assured, I shall demand them all
不过放心,等她从丹麦
when she returns from her Danish sabbatical/sex-capade.
度完半公半"色"假回来,我会全要回来
In any event, you can see why I find it necessary
无论怎样,你能理解为什么我觉得有必要
to circumscribe a razor-sharp cone of silence.
划清界限,防范于未然了
I get why you're unhappy,
我理解你不开心的原因
but it's not like she's published the thing.
可她又不是拿去出版了
Oh, you would defend her.
你还替她说话
I say she has a right
我觉得她有权利
to make record of her work and her stories.
记录她的工作和故事
Interesting title for her stories, don't you think?
她的故事标题还真是有意思,你不觉得吗
The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes?
《夏洛克·福尔摩斯探案集》
Maybe she...
或许她...
It was diamonds.
是钻石
Diamonds.
钻石
Sherlock...
夏洛克
Thank you for provoking me. I needed to purge.
谢谢你激怒我,我需要理清自己
Anger can be a potent fuel, but it does cloud the mind.
愤怒能成为助燃剂,也可能搅乱思绪
And once removed-- sunburst.
一旦肃清,拨云见日
Moshe Shapiro was a diamond smuggler.
摩西·夏皮罗是个钻石走私商
You decrypted the ledger?
你破解了账目
Nope.
没
But these shipping manifests are in plain English,
不过这些航运货单是用直白的英语写的
and they tell the story well enough.
来龙去脉交代得很清楚
Starting last February, one of Moshe's customers,
去年二月开始,摩西的一名客户
George Anyaoku, started receiving
乔治·阿尼亚库开始接收
registered letters from a doctor in Tel Aviv.
从特拉维夫市的一名医生寄来的挂号信
Anyaoku was a U.N. translator
阿尼亚库曾是一名联合国翻译
with the Nigerian delegation. I say "was"...
跟随尼日利亚代表团,我说"曾经"
because he suffered a coronary
是因为他患有冠心病
and died last... January.
死于去年...一月
Now, obviously payments for his mailbox ceased,
显然他的信箱没再续费了
but Moshe kept it open-- why?
可摩西还一直留着,为什么
Because he knew that this man's
因为他知道这个人的
diplomatic connections entitled
外交关系使他的通信
his correspondence to less scrutiny from customs.
少受海关的监管
But how can you be sure it was diamonds?
但你怎么肯定这就是钻石呢
Well, firstly, Tel Aviv is a hub
首先,特拉维夫市是个
for the international market for conflict diamonds.
冲突钻石的国际市场交易中心
Secondly, Moshe's new safe does not come with a fabric lining.
其次,摩西的新保险箱用的不是织物面料
He had it inlaid with duvetyn for the same reason
他用混纺毛织品做衬底
that jewelers use black velvet.
原因和珠宝商用黑天鹅绒一样
He wanted to be able to see
他希望能够看到
any small stones which had slipped from their pouches.
任何从袋子里滑出来的小钻石
It's a bit of a shame to learn
得知我们在为坏蛋伸张正义
we're seeking justice for a scoundrel.
还真是感到有些羞愧
And a hypocrite.
他还是个伪君子
At least, according to this.
至少是根据这个得出的结论
I thought you couldn't read that.
我以为你看不懂
I can't, but there is a grease stain on page 124.
是看不懂,不过第124页有块油斑
This is remoulade from a very un-kosher Shrimp po'Boy.
这是从极不合犹太教规的"虾宝小子"上流下的蛋黄酱
That's a sandwich.
那是种三明治
It wouldn't be the first time
这不会是第一次
a man's looming sense of his own mortality
一个人隐约感到死亡将至
had loosened his sense of piety.
于是对教义的虔诚也大打折扣
So, on the last Wednesday of every month,
于是,每个月的最后一个星期三
he received a shipment of gems.
他收到一批钻石
It seems his habit was to sell them
看来他的习惯是在几小时后
onto a wholesaler after hours.
把这批宝石卖给批发商
And then someone figured out his schedule
然后有人弄清了他的这个日程
and saw an easy score.
想到了发横财的办法
Hmm, there are only so many diamond merchants
只有那么多的钻石商
who would be willing to purchase undocumented stones.
会愿意购买无正式文件的钻石
I suggest we see how many the NYPD is aware of.
我建议去看看纽约警局的备案
One more for the pile.
又找到一个
Emerald Avenue Fine Jewelry and Gems.
"绿宝石大街高级珠宝钻石"
Owner's been clean in this country
店主在本国没有犯罪记录
but took a collar in Nairobi
可在内罗比(肯尼亚首都)坐过牢
a couple years back with a bag of rubies
几年前绑着一包红宝石
taped to his upper thigh.
在大腿上走私过境
Fair warning-- there's a picture in there you can't unsee.
提醒一下,里面有张会让你过目不忘的照片
Holmes, where are you, man?
福尔摩斯,你在听吗
Excuse me. Would you... would you repeat that last bit
不好意思,你能不能重复一遍
you just said about the briefcase in the box?
你刚说的关于箱子里公文包的最后那句话
How did you even know...?
你怎么知道...
I-I can read lips.
我会读唇语
Would you, uh... please?
我能看看吗
All right, careful. That's evidence.
好的,小心,那是证据
In our investigation, I take it.
应该是我们这个案子的证据
You want a go?
你要来吗
Where'd you say it came from-Department of Sanitation?
你说这是从哪里来的,卫生部吗
Yeah, uh, a couple of their guys
对,他们有几个人在51大街
saw it in a bin on 51st and Broadway.
和百老汇大街口的垃圾箱里找到的
Other half of that handcuff is a bloody mess.
那手铐的另一半已经惨不忍睹了
They figured we should take a look,
他们觉得我们该看看
so I got to climb into a dumpster this morning.
于是我今早爬进了垃圾箱
Yeah, we can tell.
是啊,我们知道
I guess we know why Moshe Shapiro lost his hand.
现在我们知道为什么摩西·夏皮罗的手没了
They took it off to get to the briefcase.
他们把他的手砍下来才能拿走这公文包
The briefcase full of diamonds.
装满钻石的公文包
So, if someone threw it in a dumpster...
那么如果有人把它丢进垃圾桶
Then it wasn't just a simple robbery after all.
那这就不只是一桩简单的抢劫案了
We're back to square one.
我们又回到原点了
Enter!
进来
If you asked me to come here
如果你叫我来
for some messed-up puppet show...
是为给我看这乱七八糟的木偶剧
495 pounds.
495磅
That's the force it would take to pull
这就是把年迈的癌症幸存者的手
the hand off a withered cancer survivor.
扯下来所需的力量
Provided, of course, you had already broken his wrist.
假如,你已把他的手腕弄断了
You think someone ripped Moshe Shapiro's hand off?
你觉得有人把摩西·夏皮罗的手扯下来了
With their bare hands?
徒手扯的
The killer
凶手
pulled on the briefcase
拉起了这个
which was attached to the vic's wrist,
铐在死者手腕上的公文包
and...
然后...
That's not the sound it makes.
响声不是这样的
You know you're talking about almost a quarter of a ton.
你知道你说的是将近四分之一吨吧
There are weightlifters who are more than up to the task.
有很多举重选手都能胜任
I've become convinced that one such behemoth is our culprit.
我开始相信,这样的一头巨兽就是元凶
There was considerable blood and viscera on the handcuff
铐在摩西公文包的手铐上
attached to Moshe's briefcase.
有大量的血迹和人体组织
This method best explains that
这一推理最能解释这个
and the grisly amputation
以及可怕的截肢
far better than my initial tow truck hypothesis.
这相较我之前的拖车假说要靠谱得多
Look, I don't want to be the reason you rob a morgue,
我说这话不是叫你去停尸房抢具尸体来
but that's not a real person.
但这东西毕竟不是真人
Nor is it a cheap toy.
那也不是便宜货
Each one has been calibrated
每一具模型都精准地
to mimic the integrity of a human joint.
模拟了人体的每一处关节
As you can see, I've double-checked these findings,
如你所见,我已经反复检查各部位零件
and the M.E. concurs.
还有动态协调作用
Pulling a hand off a broken wrist
在人类的潜力范围之内
is just within the range of human potential.
从受伤的手腕上扯掉一只手是有可能的
How many humans we talking about with that kind of... potential?
你觉得有多少人会有这种潜力
Probably not as many as we found online
根据网上找到的"轻松举起500磅的人"
claiming to have clean-and-jerked 500 pounds.
也许没有那么多人
But just to be safe,
但是保险起见
I've dispatched Kitty to run the braggarts' names
我已经派凯蒂在纽约警局的信息库里
through the NYPD database.
查找那些吹牛者的名字了
And if someone with this power
万一有这种力量的人
hasn't bothered to publicize it?
不喜欢到处宣扬呢
I'm hoping we'll find him at Richie's Gym.
那我们就得去瑞奇健身房碰碰运气了
It's one of New York's preeminent weightlifting meccas.
那里是纽约超凡的举重圣地之一
And it just so happens to be two blocks
离摩西·夏皮诺的谋杀现场
from the site of Moshe Shapiro's murder.
刚巧只隔两条街
I didn't expect to see you so soon.
没想到这么快就又见到你了
I just wanted to make sure Captain Moretti connected with you.
我只想确认莫雷蒂警监跟你联系过了
You know what he's asking me to do, right?
你知道他想让我做什么,对吧
He wants me to find that piece of garbage.
他想让我找到那个人渣
He wants me to shake his hand...
让我跟他握手...
In front of cops.
在其他警察面前
Like you attacked him in front of cops.
就像你在其他警察面前揍了他一样
It's a gesture.
只是一种形式
Everyone will know that the thing
让大家都知道
between you and him is... is done.
你们之间的恩怨一笔勾销了
They'll let it go.
就没人会在意了
The thing between me and Stotz is you.
我跟斯托茨之间的恩怨是你
You know better than to get involved with your partner.
你该知道和搭档谈恋爱有多不好
I taught you better than that.
我可不是这么教你的
Nobody had any idea about us
没人知道这件事
until you came down and starting beating on him.
直到你跑过来把他揍了一顿
How many times has he gotten physical with you?
他对你拳脚相向多少次了
Hannah, I know guys like this.
汉娜,我了解这样的家伙
I've been putting them in jail for 30 years.
这三十年来我关了不少这样的人
I want to get something really clear, okay?
让我把话说清楚,好吧
I am not some battered woman.
我不是什么受虐妇女
I'm not some crazy lady that calls the cops on her boyfriend,
我不是那种打电话报警抓自己男友
and then tries to attack them when they take him away.
等警察带走男友时又对警察动手的疯女人
When I say it happened two times,
我说这事发生了两次
it happened two times.
它就发生了两次
Stotz and I are done.
斯托茨和我结束了
But your bosses still don't know the truth.
但是你的上司们仍然不知道真相
I want to be promoted just as bad as the next cop,
我跟其他警察一样都渴望晋升
and I'm not just talking about detective.
不仅仅是升到警探
I want to be captain someday like you.
我想有一天跟你一样,当上警监
But it's never gonna happen if people look at me
但如果大家都拿我当受害者看待
and they see victim.
那我永远都晋升不了
You don't talk about it, he could do it again.
如果你不说出来,他很有可能再次施暴
To you or to somebody else.
对你或者对别人
Is that the kind of guy you want in your department
你希望等以后你掌管了整个部门
when you're helping run it?
这样的人来协助你吗
I'll tell you what I want.
我来告诉你我想要的
I want you at roll call
我想要你出现在
at the 15th on Friday.
第十五分局周五的点名会上
Shaking his hand.
与他握手言和
Putting this to bed.
了结这桩恩怨
No luck at the precinct.
局里的信息库没有发现
Competitive weightlifters are a surprisingly law-abiding bunch.
好胜的举重选手竟然都那么遵纪守法
There were a couple of arrests for possession.
有几宗违禁物持有案
You can guess which drug.
你也能猜到是什么药品
But nothing violent.
但没有暴力案件
What have I missed?
我错过了什么吗
The manager's on his way.
经理就快来了
He said he would inform us of any unsavory characters
他说会给我们点名几位狠角色
that might frequent this dreary sweatbox.
一些来这个"可怕的发汗室"的常客
In the meantime, Detective Bell is taking a tour
同时,贝尔警探被阳刚的健美教练
with a pneumatic model-cum-trainer.
带去参观这里了
I'm sure he's been persuaded to get a membership already.
我觉得他已经被说得心动,要办会员卡了
Shame I don't have The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes
真遗憾,没有《夏洛克·福尔摩斯探案集》
to entertain me.
帮我消磨时光
What is Watson like as an author?
华生的文笔怎么样
Subject matter's interesting.
写作素材很吸引人
But her prose is prosaic.
但是文笔很枯燥
At least it was on the first page.
至少第一页很单调
It gets better from there?
后面越来越精彩了吗
I don't know. I've only read the first page.
不知道,我只看了第一页
You've only read the first page? Look who's here.
你只看了第一页,看谁来了
Dana Kazmir.
戴纳·卡兹密尔
One of our boastful beasts.
资料里爱炫耀的猛兽之一
You might recall him from the photo he posted
你也许能想起他发了张照片
of himself clean-and-jerking 532 pounds
到"用疼痛感知身体"论坛上
on Body By Pain. com's message forum.
说自己能"轻松举起532磅"
He didn't have any priors, not even a parking ticket.
他没有前科,连违停罚单都没有
He does, however, have a scrape on his left hand.
但是他的左手上有抓痕
Should I get...?
需要我...
Dana Kazmir?
戴纳·卡兹密尔
Sorry.
抱歉
Now's not a good time for an autograph.
现在不能给你签名
Well, perhaps we could discuss a murder instead.
那我们就讨论一下谋杀案吧
Man named Moshe Shapiro was found dead yesterday.
摩西·夏皮诺昨天被杀了
Someone pulled off his hand.
有人扯掉了他的手
Someone with extraordinary strength.
这个人力大无比
Someone like... like you.
就好像你这种人
You mind telling us how you got that scratch on your hand?
介意告诉我们为什么你手上有抓痕吗
Who the hell are you anyway?
你们是谁
We're consultants for the NYPD.
纽约警局的顾问侦探
You got badges? No.
有警徽吗,没有
Well, then I don't have to talk to you.
那我就没必要跟你谈了
Our colleague has a badge.
我的同事有警徽
Perhaps you'd like to speak with him.
也许你能跟他谈谈
Perhaps you should get out of my face.
也许你该给我滚远点
Mr. Kazmir, I challenge you to a test of strength.
卡兹密尔先生,我想跟你较量一下力气
If I best you at arm wrestling,
如果我扳手腕能赢过你
then you have to submit to further questioning.
那你就配合我调查
If you win... give you 200 bucks.
如果你胜出,我就给你两百块
That's not gonna happen, of course, 'cause I'll win easily.
当然这可不能,因为我能轻松拿下你
Oh, what are you doing?
你干什么
What do you think?
还能干什么
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
不,不,不,不
We're not a couple of prison colonists.
我们两个又不是监狱里的老大
We're gonna arm-wrestle like gentlemen.
我们要像绅士那样掰手腕
You're not aware of British rules?
你不知道英式掰法吗
All right, well, the goal is not to push your opponent's
好吧,目的并不是把对手的手腕
hand to the side, but rather to pull his arm towards yourself.
掰到一边,而是掰向你自己
All right? So when--
听懂了吗,当...
and I emphasize "When"-I pin the back of your hand
让我强调一下,当你的手背
on my chest, it will be over.
抵住我胸口的时候,就算我赢了
Right. I'll count down from three... and we go on one.
好,我从三开始,数到一
Yeah.
行啊
Three. Two. One.
三,二,一
You win.
你赢了
Calm down, all right?
冷静一点,行吗
You got your money. We're leaving.
你拿到了钱,我们这就走
What the hell were you thinking?
你到底是怎么想的
That we lacked probable cause to compel a DNA sample
我们没有足够的理由获取他的DNA
to compare to tissue underneath Moshe Shapiro's nails.
来和摩西·夏皮诺指甲下的组织做对比
You're welcome.
不用谢我
Captain.
警监
Ms. Kerr, if you're wondering
科尔女士,如果你想知道
when the D.A.'s people are gonna get here...
地检署的人什么时候会到...
Actually, Mr. Kazmir has decided he'd rather not wait.
其实,卡兹密尔先生决定不等了
He understands that the evidence against him is compelling,
他明白现在证据对他非常不利
and so he's prepared to offer a full confession,
因此他准备对自己的罪行和盘托出
as well as other information
并告诉你们其他一些
he believes you'll find valuable.
非常有价值的信息
Such as?
比如说
Crimes that haven't happened yet, but soon will.
几起尚未发生,但是将要实施的犯罪
That's why we don't want to wait.
所以我们不想再等了
The information that he has is extremely time-sensitive.
他的那些信息很紧急
Now, in exchange, I would ask your department
作为交换,我希望警局
to take a favorable view of our plea proposal
接受我们的认罪请求
and support lenience within reasonable constraints.
并为我们争取减刑
But even if you don't...
但即使你们不答应...
this is a matter of conscience for my client.
出于良知,我的委托人也愿意坦白
He's going to kill more people.
他还要杀更多人
Who is?
谁
The guy who hired me.
雇我的那个人
I was paid to rob and kill Moshe Shapiro.
他雇我抢劫并杀害摩西·夏皮诺
It made me sick, but I...
这让我感到恶心,但...
My family needed the money.
我的家人急需用钱
You're saying this was a paid hit?
你是说这是雇凶杀人吗
He found me on, uh,
他是在一个
one of the weight lifting message boards.
举重留言板上找到我的
He called, but he wouldn't give a name.
他打电话给我,但不肯透露姓名
His voice was...
他的声音
I don't know, Dutch, maybe?
我说不好,可能是荷兰口音
And the, uh, jewels turning up the way they did...
找到钻石是怎么回事
Yeah, the Dumpster on 51st.
我扔到第五十一大街的垃圾箱里
That's where he was gonna pick 'em up.
他本应该去那里拿箱子的
If I'd have known what was in that case,
如果我知道箱子里有什么
I would have kept 'em.
我肯定会自己私吞
I only got 50K to do it. Cash.
他只付了我五万块,现金
Can you produce that cash?
你能把那些钱给我们看看吗
I lost it.
我玩牌的时候
Playing cards.
输光了
I gotta say, this is kind of convenient.
这对你来说真是方便
You want leniency for cooperating,
你希望获得宽大处理
only you're not giving anyone up. Not really.
但是你并没有供出任何人
Look. I never met the guy.
听着,我从没见到过那个人
And I'm not telling you this because I want a favor.
我告诉你这些并不是因为我想要减刑
I'm telling you this
我告诉你这些
because he wanted me to do it again.
是因为他想要我再干一次
We have three names...
这里有三个名字
each one a target of the man
他们都是
who paid for Moshe Shapiro's murder.
雇凶谋杀摩西·夏皮诺幕后黑手的目标
Look, you got me, okay?
听着,你们抓到了我
But he's still out there.
但他还在逍遥法外
And as long as he is,
只要他还没有归案
those people aren't safe.
这些人就毫无安全可言
Murder for hire.
雇凶杀人
These e-mails been authenticated?
核实过这些电子邮件吗
Well, our tech guys say the time stamps are legit,
技术人员说上面的时间戳没有问题
but they can't trace the employer's account.
但他们没法追踪到雇主的账户
This "Mencius BlackBag," who ordered the hit,
这个叫"门修斯·布莱克巴格"的幕后主谋
falsified his IP address.
篡改了自己的IP地址
Of all the traits that can be ascribed to a criminal,
在罪犯可能具备的特点当中
"Tech-savvy" has got to be my least favorite.
我最讨厌的就是"技术宅"
Well, how about "Bloodthirsty"?
那"嗜血狂魔"怎么样
You can see they went back and forth a couple times.
你也看到他们在邮件里交流过几次
Kazmir kept pitching nonviolent stickups,
卡兹密尔反复提出过不伤人的持枪抢劫
but this guy wanted Shapiro dead.
但这个人希望夏皮诺死
"You gotta ice the putz.
"你去干掉那个二货
No loose ends for me
绝不能追查到我身上
or there's no fat stacks for you."
不然一点油水都别想捞到"
When we find this man, he should stand trial for murder
等我们找到了这个人,他将被指控谋杀
and crimes against the English language.
和对英语的亵渎
The precise instructions about when and where
凶手对卡兹密尔实施犯罪的时间和地点
Kazmir should strike Shapiro are telling.
都有明确的指示
He certainly knew the man's business.
凶手很了解他的生意
Well, he was a lot less specific about his other targets.
对于其他目标他好像就没那么明确了
Maybe he didn't know them as well.
也许他也不认识他们
Where are we with interviews
关于这些人的询问和保护工作
and protection for these folks?
进行得怎么样了
We got cars rolling on their primary residences;
我们派了车在他们的住所周围巡逻
we're still trying to find numbers and make contact.
我们还在试图联系他们本人
They're all civilians.
他们都是普通百姓
No criminal records, no obvious connections.
没有犯罪记录,没有丝毫关联
Well, we don't know anything about
我们还不认识
"Antonio Barrios" or "Linda Devine,"
"安东尼奥·巴里奥斯"和"琳达·迪瓦恩"
but the third name is familiar to us.
但是第三个人我们认识
Amit Hattengatti.
阿密特·哈根伽迪
So, we've apprehended the man who murdered your boss.
我们逮捕了杀害你老板的凶手
Did it on contract.
有人雇他行凶
What?
什么
Apparently, he was offered payment for your head, as well.
显然那人还雇他把你杀了
You were aware of your boss's illegal diamond smuggling,
你知道你老板在非法走私钻石
were you not, Mr. Hattengatti?
对吗,哈根伽迪先生
No. I didn't know anything about it.
不,我对此毫不知情
And yet you don't seem surprised to hear of its existence.
但你在听说了这事之后一点都不惊讶
Okay.
好吧
He never talked about it.
他从没说起过这事
Last month, a guy comes into the store, and he...
上个月,有个人来店里
he threatened Moshe.
他威胁摩西
He said he would kill him.
说他要杀了摩西
And you didn't think that that would be germane to our case?
你不觉得这是此案的关键线索吗
I didn't want to point at some criminal boss guy
我可不想指认一位犯罪大佬
if it was just some sort of coincidence.
如果这只是个巧合呢
I was afraid of what he would do to me.
我怕他会报复我
Well, as it happens, he may very well be plotting to kill you,
目前看来,他反正也想要杀了你
so... please elaborate.
所以,请放开说吧
Okay. This guy Leonard--
好吧,这个莱纳德
Oostheezen, Oost-wi-zin or something--
姓乌斯仁,乌斯淮辛什么的
he comes into the store and he shoves Moshe right over there.
他进店来把摩西直推到那里
He was yelling about, uh,
他在大喊着什么
the prices being too low,
说价格太低了
that he was spoiling the buyers.
把买家都宠坏了
He wanted to collude with Moshe?
他想要与摩西勾结
Fix prices on the black market?
重构黑市价格么
I don't know.
我不知道
I asked Moshe about it, and he said it was a big mix-up.
我问了摩西,他说就是一场误会
That this Leonard guy was some sort of jewelry dealer,
这个莱纳德是什么珠宝商
and that he had Moshe confused with someone else.
他把摩西与别人搞混了
I knew he was lying, but it wasn't...
我知道他在撒谎,但是那跟我
any of my business.
没有任何关系
There were two other customers in here.
当时还有两位顾客在
Uh, regulars. Linda Devine
都是常客,琳达·达瓦恩
and Tony Barrios were here, too, I think.
还有托尼·巴里奥斯好像也在
I'll call the captain.
我来通知警监
I'll tell him that we know the connection
告诉他我们知道
between the names on Kazmir's list now.
卡兹密尔名单上名字之间的联系了
Leonard Oosthuizen. Born in Johannesburg.
莱纳德·乌修仁,生于约翰尼斯堡
Nonresident alien since 2008.
自2008年起就是暂住外侨
South Africa. Kazmir was pretty close
南非人,卡兹密尔说电话里那人
when he said the guy on the phone sounded Dutch.
听起来有荷兰口音,还挺接近的
For a murder suspect,
对于一个杀手来说
he makes some awfully fussy bracelets.
他做的手镯还挺精致
He's got a front business.
他有个生意做幌子
Got a write-up in a trade magazine,
还在商业杂志上发过文章
and there's a Q&A here.
这里有篇问答集锦
His visa lapsed in July.
他的签证七月就过期了
That should be enough for
这应该有足够理由
a state-sanctioned visit, shouldn't it?
正式约见他了,对吧
Captain. You got a moment?
警监,你有时间吗
Course. Yeah. Sure.
当然,有的
I, um... I just wanted you to know
我,我只是想告诉你
that I saw you yesterday, with your daughter.
我昨天看到你和你的女儿一起
Someone hit her, and you hit him.
有人打了她,你就打了那家伙
Sherlock's training me to read lips.
夏洛克在训练我读唇语
I'm not great at it yet.
我现在还不太在行
I'd say you're pretty good.
我觉得你挺在行的
I know that she doesn't want you
我知道她不想让您
to talk to anybody about it--
和别人说这事
at least not in any official capacity--
至少是不要对公职人员
but you should talk about it.
但是你应该找人聊聊
Perhaps to someone whose secrets you've agreed to keep.
也许和一个你帮着保守了秘密的人
You're going to do it, then.
所以说你要这么做了吗
Shake this man's hand-Stotz.
和那个斯托茨握手言和
Doesn't feel like I have much of a choice.
感觉我也没得选
I think you're doing the right thing.
我觉得你的选择很正确
How you feel shouldn't be her problem.
你的感受不应该成为她的烦恼
After everything that happened to me...
自从我遭遇那些事之后
all my relationships were...
我所有的人际关系都
different.
不一样了
My family and my friends...
我的家人和朋友们
they were just trying to help,
他们只是想要帮忙
but the look on their faces, it...
但是他们脸上的表情,真的
it just reminded me that it had happened.
只是在提醒着我曾经发生的事情
It's one of the reasons that I wanted to start over.
这也是我想重新开始的原因之一
I know I haven't been here very long,
我知道我刚来不久
but I do know that perception matters.
但我知道认知很重要
If she doesn't want to look weak,
如果她不想表现得软弱
then she shouldn't have to.
她就不需要去表现
He'll be around her every day.
他每天都会在她身边
She's gonna have to see him every day.
她每天都会见到他
Everything that you've done for me...
你为我所做的一切
it's really helped.
都非常有帮助
I'm sorry for what you're going through.
我很遗憾你要经历这事
You don't deserve it.
你不应该承受这些
What are we looking at here, Mr. Oosthuizen?
我们面前的这些值多少钱,乌修仁先生
Price tag. Ballpark.
给个大概数额吧
I don't know.
我不知道
Why don't you take them to appraisal?
你干嘛不拿去鉴定下
We'll do that.
我们会去的
I'm gonna tell you what.
这么跟你说吧
I'm going to proceed under the assumption
根据我的猜想
that these diamonds we took out of your apartment
这些从你公寓中搜出来的钻石
are worth more than $1,000.
总价超过一千美元
So we got a felony.
这就构成了重罪
And we got your expired visa.
我们手上还有你过期的签证
You see where this is heading?
你知道接下来是什么吗
A flight to Johannesburg?
遣返回约翰尼斯堡
This isn't a Homeland Security office.
这里不是国土安全办公室
You obviously think I can help you somehow.
你显然认为我有什么能帮你的
So what's the deal you want to offer me?
所以你想提出什么条件
I'm willing to offer you
我提供的条件是
continued residence in the United States
你可以继续居住在美国
as our permanent guest at Southport Correctional.
作为南安普顿监狱的永久住户
That's a deal?
这也算条件
It is.
没错
Because door number two isn't just
因为第二选项不仅仅是
extradition back to South Africa.
引渡回南非
It's a life sentence there
在那里你还将因
for trafficking in blood diamonds.
非法贩卖血钻而面临无期徒刑
I don't know if you read Mandela's book,
我不知道你看没看过曼德拉的书
but me, I'd choose the States.
但换作我,我会选择留在这里
You can confess to arranging the murder
你可以供认主导谋杀了
of Moshe Shapiro and conspiring to murder
摩西·夏皮诺以及预谋杀害
three other American citizens.
其他三位美国公民
You do that,
你照做了
I don't see you getting shipped anywhere.
我保证你不会被送到任何地方
No. I had nothing to do with any murder.
不,我和谋杀没有任何关系
Leonard... No. This is ridiculous.
莱纳德,不,这太荒谬了
Moshe Shapiro and I had no quarrel.
摩西·夏皮诺和我没有过节
We got three witnesses who say just the opposite.
我们有三位证人说事实正好相反
They all saw you at his throat, just last month.
他们上个月都看到你胁迫他
They all lying?
他们都撒谎了吗
I-- yes, I went to his store.
是的,我去了他的店里
And I... I'm a passionate man. I...
我是,我是个易怒的人
I made my case that he shouldn't,
我只是告诉他,他不该
you know, foul the water.
你知道,搅浑水
We know. He was lowballing you.
我们知道,他在拉低价格
He was selling to my buyers under my prices.
他以低于我的报价卖给我的买家
In our trade, it's not done.
干我们这一行,不能就这么算了
But listen, all that was past.
但那已经是过去的事了
Moshe called me last week.
摩西上周给我打了电话
He told me he was quitting the business.
他告诉我他不干了
So, you see, I had no reason to hurt the man. I...
所以你看,我没理由伤害他,我
Detective, if I may.
警探,我能说几句吗
Those gems. Forget the appraisal.
这些宝石,忽略估值
How many stacks would they pull on the street?
真拿去卖他们能有多少油水
I don't... What?
我不明... 什么意思
If I was to ice you,
如果我要干掉你
would that be a good thing or a bad thing?
这是好事还是坏事
Holmes...
福尔摩斯
Don't be a putz.
别这么二
He's being a putz, is he not?
他是个二货,对吧
Can I speak to you outside?
能到外面说几句吗
The hell was that?
你搞什么
He didn't do it.
不是他干的
We got three witnesses
我们有三个证人
who saw him threaten Shapiro.
看到他威胁夏皮诺
We know he's in the same business,
我们知道他也在干这一行
fighting for customers.
争夺客源
Not to mention Dana Kazmir,
更何况还有戴纳·卡兹密尔
who confirmed it's Oosthuizen's voice on his phone calls.
他证实电话中是乌修仁的声音
We also have the e-mails, which he didn't write.
我们还有一些邮件证据,但都不是他写的
He speaks English. He's got fingers.
他说英语,而且他有手
Probably knows how to turn on a computer.
可能还知道怎么打开电脑呢
You see how strong his accent is?
你听到他口音有多重了吗
His native language, Afrikaans, is still his daily tongue.
他的母语南非荷兰语,仍是他的日常语言
What's that got to do with it?
这和我们的案子有什么关系
Putz. Ice. Stacks.
二货,干掉,油水(俚语)
The e-mails that Kazmir's employer sent
雇卡兹密尔的人发送的邮件
are just rife with slang and colloquialisms.
全都是俚语或者俗语
I'm going back in there-- alone--
我要进去了,你别跟来
and I'm going to write that man's confession.
我会写好那个男人的供认书
He won't sign it.
他不会签名的
You have the wrong man.
他不是凶手
I propose a thought experiment.
我提议做一次思维实验
Is this a preamble to admitting you might be wrong?
这是你承认自己可能有错的先兆吗
Leonard Oosthuizen did not confess this afternoon,
莱纳德·乌修仁下午并没有认罪
and he did not confess for a very good reason.
他有十足的理由不承认
He is innocent, and I am right.
他是无辜的,我的推理是正确的
I challenge you to imagine
我挑战你想出
an altogether different suspect
一个完全不同的疑犯
whose means and motives fit the crime.
他的作案手法和动机符合本案
You mean someone else with a Dutch accent
你是说另一个带着荷兰口音的人
who paid to kill Oosthuizen's rival,
雇凶杀了乌修仁的竞争对手
and then targeted
之后又想
the only three witnesses to the confrontation?
杀掉在场的三个目击证人
Why do you refuse to consider the possibility that Oosthuizen
你为什么不肯考虑这种可能性
was in league with a partner who wrote the e-mails?
乌修仁有个同伙写了那些邮件呢
We've wasted enough time down that road.
我们在这条路上已经浪费够多时间了
Whatever you may say about Oosthuizen,
不管你怎么评价乌修仁
he is the lord of his domain.
他始终是那个领域的大亨
He is the sole proprietor of his criminal enterprise.
他是他公司的独资经营人
I'm quite certain that an independent third party
我很确定,一个独立的第三方
is responsible.
才是凶手
All I lack is a viable suspect.
我现在只缺一个可能的嫌犯
I know why you haven't read it yet, you know.
我知道你为什么还没读
Watson's book.
华生的书
I haven't had the time.
我没时间
You're afraid.
你很害怕
Of?
怕什么
Her...
怕她的
assessment, her judgment.
她的评估和判断
Watson and I had no secrets during her time here.
华生在这里的时候,我们之间没有秘密
There were days when the walls positively vibrated
有很长一段时间,这里到处响彻着
with her judgment.
她的评判
You didn't know about her writing.
你不知道她在写书
You don't know why she kept it a secret.
你不知道她为什么要对此保密
Maybe the answers lie within.
或许书中就有答案
But then, so may other surprises.
还有很多其他让你意想不到的事
I could read it for you, if you like.
如果你愿意,我可以读给你听
I could, um,
我可以...
wave you off
随时结束
if it's more than you'd care to know.
如果这超出了你想知道的范围
The truth is, you could benefit
事实上,你去读一份
from absorbing an account of our casework.
关于我们办案的叙述,确实能从中获益
But Watson did not share the manuscript.
但华生并没有分享她的手稿
And while she may have less exacting
虽然她保护隐私的标准
privacy standards than I do,
可能比我低
she obviously intended to dispose of it.
她显然还是想把这本书处理掉
I cannot in good conscience hand it off.
从良心上讲我没法扔掉它
Perhaps if...
或许如果...
If it's of no interest to you, it's of no interest to me.
如果你没兴趣,那我也没兴趣
Either way, it's over now.
不管怎样,现在都结束了
We can focus on the case.
我们可以专心查案了
"Found Kazmir's 50K.
找到了卡兹密尔的五万块
"He lied about gambling it away.
他撒谎,这钱并没有被输掉
Unfortunately, no prints."
不幸的是,没有指纹
Detective Bell.
贝尔警探发的
He wants me to know that Kazmir's story checks out.
他想让我知道卡兹密尔的故事被证实了
Have another look at Kazmir's payoff.
再看看卡兹密尔的报酬
The padded envelope and the hot pink rubber bands.
这个有夹层的信封和桃红色的橡皮筋
They're just like the ones they sell at Postal Unlimited.
和邮政无限里卖的一样
As they do in several thousand other stores in this city.
在城里的另外几千家商店也有出售
What if Amit Hattengatti was behind the murder?
如果幕后黑手是阿密特·哈根伽迪呢
It's a thought experiment.
是你要做思维实验的
Amit was the one who left the remoulade stain
是阿密特在摩西的账本上
on Moshe's ledger.
弄上了蛋黄酱的污渍
He's an active junior partner in the diamond smuggling business,
他是钻石走私生意的新合伙人
but then Moshe beats cancer, and he regains his virtue.
但摩西战胜了癌症,良心发现
Suppose it's just as Oosthuizen claimed,
假设就像乌修仁说的那样
and Moshe was dismantling the business.
摩西正在终止这生意
Wouldn't that have given Amit the motive to try and stop him?
这不就给了阿密特动机去阻止摩西吗
I was counting the ifs, but go on.
我在数你做了多少个假设,不过请继续
I just called Richie's Gym.
我给瑞奇健身房打了电话
Amit is a member there.
阿密特是那里的会员
Perhaps he overheard Kazmir cry poor between sets one day.
或许某天他无意听到了卡兹密尔在哭穷
Oh, what he wouldn't do for a buck.
为了钱他什么不愿意做啊
A useful hypothetical fits all the facts.
一个有用的假设要符合所有事实
You're leaving out a sensible motive
但你无法解释为什么
for Amit to have aimed his hired killer at himself.
阿密特会让他雇佣的杀手来杀他自己
So unless you're talking
所以除非
about the most elaborate suicide ever staged...
你说的是迄今为止最煞费苦心的自杀案...
It is possible we've been looking at the shape of this
很可能我们对此案的调查方向
completely wrong.
完全错了
Mr. Hattengatti,
哈根伽迪先生
I promise this won't take long.
我保证这事无需太久
We just need to dot a few I's,
只需要你看看口供的细节
get your signature under a statement, all right?
签上你的名字就行了
Okay.
好的
What's going on?
怎么回事
You've been misled.
你被误导了
You're actually here to confess
其实你是过来承认
to conspiracy, murder and obstruction of justice.
共谋,谋杀以及妨碍司法公正的
Did he see Ms. Kerr in the conference?
他看到科尔女士在会议室了吗
Seemed best that we start with your coconspirator,
似乎从你的同犯开始比较好
seeing as she didn't actually have anyone killed.
毕竟她其实没杀任何人
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你们在说什么
You are Mencius Blackbag.
你就是门修斯·布莱克巴格
You sent Dana Kazmir five fat stacks to ice your boss,
你用丰厚的佣金雇戴纳·卡兹密尔干掉你老板
presumably so you could take over
以为这样就能够独揽
the jewelry smuggling business that you helped him build.
你帮他建立的珠宝走私生意
You shouldn't steal office supplies, Amit.
你不该偷用办公室物资,阿密特
Convincing us you were a target,
让我们相信你是凶手的目标
steering our investigation through your caring admission
向我们承认你怀疑摩西的竞争者
that you suspected Moshe's competitor all along.
以此误导我们的调查
Yeah, that was quite inspired.
这招确实很聪明
These two are nuts.
他们俩疯了
I already told them Oosthuizen's the guy.
我已经说过乌修仁才是你们要找的人
Careful.
注意了
'Cause you pronounced his name correctly that time.
因为这次你把他的名字念对了
My colleague here
我的这位同事
grew suspicious of you.
对你表示怀疑
I realized that you had found a way, somehow, to bribe
我意识到你找到办法贿赂了
Kazmir's attorney.
卡兹密尔的律师
Offer her money to offer him money
让她付钱给卡兹密尔
to tell a certain tale, so you were, perhaps,
给我们讲个编好的故事,而你
not as marked for death as you appeared.
可能不像看上去那样有性命危险
She carried your message to Kazmir
她向卡兹密尔转达了你的信息
and offered him and his family a payday,
并提供给他和他的家人一笔酬劳
provided his confession included the right pieces,
要求他在证词里包含某些细节
that he once spoke to his employer,
说他跟雇他的人通过电话
that said employer sounded Dutch,
那个人听起来像荷兰人
and that he wanted three witnesses dead.
而且他想要三个目击者的命
Kazmir was going to prison no matter what,
反正卡兹密尔无论如何都要坐牢
so he agreed.
他就答应了
It's a pretty smart way to cast suspicion off yourself.
用这办法撇清自己的嫌疑很聪明
And you took down a rival, to boot.
还彻底毁掉了一个生意对手
You keep talking about paydays and bribes.
你们不停在说酬劳,贿赂什么的
I work in a mailbox store.
我在一家邮递商店工作
You want to see my student loans?
你们要看看我的学生贷款吗
I'm a PhD candidate.
我在念博士呢
With an international diamond connection.
还兼做国际钻石买卖
No one here thinks that your university stipend
没人会相信你学校的助学金
paid for that Burberry belt.
能让你买这条巴宝莉的皮带
That's quite a splurge.
太挥霍了吧
We're sure the money trail will be wide
我们相信资金往来记录众多
and easy to follow.
也很容易查到
Hey, chin up, Amit.
振作点,阿密特
You can finish your doctorate in prison.
你可以继续在监狱里完成学位
And if you confess before Ms. Kerr does,
如果你在科尔女士之前招供
we'll ask the D.A. to shave some time for being so cooperative.
我们会恳请地方检察官为你的积极配合减点刑
Best hurry, though.
不过要赶快
The race is on.
时间不等人啊
If I give you my supplier,
如果我供出我的供货商
will that help, too?
会更有帮助吗
Have a safe tour.
大家注意安全
Take your posts.
解散吧
Chris.
克里斯
Captain.
警监
You should know,
我想告诉你
I'm quitting the department.
我准备辞职了
Last day's Friday.
周五是最后一天
Cousin's got a personal security firm in Hoboken.
我一个表亲在霍波肯开了一家私人安保公司
It's a better salary anyway.
反正工资也更高
Tell her I told you, okay?
告诉她我跟你说过,好吗
Hannah will be glad to hear it.
汉娜知道会很高兴的
I'm not talking about her.
我说的不是她
I'm talking about your friend-- the English one.
是你那个朋友,那个英国人
You'll tell her?
你会告诉她的吧
You're here late.
这么晚过来
I wanted to pick through a few cold cases.
我想来拿几件旧案子的资料
I'm just leaving.
这就走了
I thought you'd want to know
我想告诉你
it went well today.
今天非常顺利
Hannah's happy.
汉娜开心了
Moretti's off my back.
莫雷蒂不烦我了
I got a nice little surprise, too.
我也得到了点小惊喜
Stotz is leaving the force.
斯托茨要离开警队了
Glad to hear it all worked out.
很高兴一切都解决了
What did you say to him?
你跟他说了什么
Does it matter?
这个重要吗
I'm gonna need some help taking these back tomorrow.
明天我要把这些送回去,你帮帮我
Fine, but I'm knackered.
行,不过我累死了
So I propose we go one day
所以我建议明天
without any early-morning nonsense.
别早起搞些有的没的
You're making great strides.
你现在进步神速
Now's the time to dig in.
是时候继续深入了
You weren't entirely wrong about Watson.
你对华生的看法也不全错
She does have the right to tell her own stories.
她的确有权利讲她的故事
I may have felt some...
我可能感受到某种
mild trepidation about subjecting myself to her full appraisal.
轻微的焦虑,对于让她来评价我的一切
Almost imperceptibly mild.
轻微得几乎无法察觉
Anyway, um...
不管怎样
I've decided that, uh,
我决定了
this nondisclosure agreement was made in error.
这份保密协议完全没必要
I want you to feel free to, um,
我希望你可以随意
produce your own memoirs,
写你自己的回忆录
should you feel the need.
如果你觉得有必要的话
I'm not much of a writer.
我可不是什么作家
Well, let me know if that changes.
如果有变记得告诉我
Who knows? If you do write a book,
谁知道呢,如果你真的写了本书
someone might be interested to read it.
也许会有人感兴趣拜读的