手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季(MP3+中英字幕) 第9集 非法药物试验

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Looks like a standard car alarm.

看起来就是个标准的汽车报警器
Then go ahead and disarm it.
那就去试试解除警报吧
You have approached Odin.
你正在接近奥丁
Your photograph has been taken
你的影像已经被拍下
and forwarded to the authorities.
并被传送至执法机关
You have ten seconds to back away.
给你十秒钟后退
Ten.
Nine.
Eight...
It's a talking car alarm.
是会说话的汽车警报
They are the pet rock of automotive security;
是汽车安全设备中的宠物石
they are a gimmick.
也就是个噱头
They were a gimmick.
它们曾是噱头
I can't crack it.
但是我无法破解
You have approached Odin.
你正在接近奥丁
Your photograph has been taken
你的影像已经被拍下
and forwarded to the author--
并被传送至执法机...
The sensor's field extends a full 360 degrees?
传感器覆盖360度吗
Well, it's an interesting problem.
这问题还挺有趣的
I appreciate the help.
感谢你的帮忙
I'll leave it here.
我就把东西留这
We gotta go.
我们得走了
Meeting starts in 20.
互助会还有20分钟就开始了
Doing battle with Odin
和奥丁斗智斗勇
seems like a more stimulating way to spend an hour to me.
对我而言是更刺激的度过一小时的方式
I'm not skipping a meeting.
我不会错过互助会的
I don't think you should, either.
我觉得你也不应该
What's going on with you?
你怎么了
Been bailing on meetings
一直翘互助会
and then when you do show, you never talk.
要么就是出现了也不说话
Your enthusiasm for the program
你对互助会的热情
never waxes and wanes?
就从来没有消退过吗
Sure it does. But I still go.
当然有过啊,但我还是会去
My name's Shauna Milius.
我是肖娜·米利厄斯
I used to work with Joan Watson.
我曾和乔恩·华生一起工作
This is her address, right?
她住这里,对吧
It was. She no longer lives here, sorry.
她原来是,但她现在已经不住这里了,抱歉
Can you tell me where she went?
你能告诉我她去哪里了吗
I want to hire her.
我想雇她
One second.
马上
Duty calls, Alfredo.
工作在身,阿弗雷多
I'll let you know when I've defeated Odin.
我搞定奥丁之后会告诉你的
About that...
说到这个
while I was waiting for you downstairs,
我在楼下等你的时候
I stashed a few of the sensors around the place.
我在你家藏了几个传感器
Just to keep the problem fresh in your mind.
让这个问题在你的记忆中常在常新
Excuse me.
抱歉
It's my friend, Marissa Ledbetter.
有关我的朋友,马瑞莎·莱德贝特
We started as O.R. nurses on the same day.
我们同一天成为手术室护士的
We've been close since.
自那之后我们一直关系很亲近
Last week, she finished up a shift
上周,她上完班之后
and told me she was headed home.
告诉我她回家了
None of her neighbors saw her come into the building.
她的邻居都没见到她回公寓楼
Nobody's seen her since.
自此之后没人见过她
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Marissa's parents
马瑞莎的父母
are down in Florida. They're not well enough to travel,
住在佛罗里达,身体不好不能长途跋涉
so I've kind of been keeping track of things.
所以我就把相关信息都记录下来
You made some notes based on your conversations
你根据自己和警探的对话
with the detectives? May I?
做了一些记录,我能看看吗
It says here she used her credit card
这里记着她在离开医院不久
at a bodega on West 44th Street
在西44街的一家小酒馆
shortly after leaving hospital.
使用了她的信用卡
Where does Marissa live?
马瑞莎住在哪里
Cobble Hill.
科布尔山
Right. And you and her work
对,而你和她
at Watson's old hospital in the West Village. Yes?
在华生的老东家工作,医院在西村对吧
Hell's Kitchen is hardly on the way home
在她从西村到布鲁克林的回家之路上
from the West Village to Brooklyn.
地狱厨房也真的不怎么顺路
Is anyone looking into this?
有人调查这个吗
They think maybe Marissa owed money to some bad people.
他们认为也许马瑞莎欠了坏人钱
They were pretty fixated on that.
他们非常倾向于这种可能
Money-lenders to not want their indigent clients to disappear;
高利贷一般都不希望自己的客户消失
they want them to work and make money.
他们希望其能正常工作赚钱
It's a game of chance, going to the police,
报警这件事全凭运气
but you're in good hands now.
但现在你有专家来接手了
You have approached Odin.
你正在靠近奥丁
Your photograph has been taken
你的影像已经被拍下
and forwarded... Disregard this.
并被传送至...忽略这个
to the authorities. I’m doing a favor for a friend.
执法机关,我在帮一个朋友的忙
You have ten seconds to back away.
请在十秒内后退
So someone I used to work with is missing,
我的旧同事失踪了
another old colleague friend
另外一名旧同事想要雇我
tries to hire me to look into it,
调查此事
and somehow, Sherlock winds up on the case.
而不知怎么的,夏洛克接手了案子
He just sort of slipped into it.
他就那么顺势接了
I think he did it mostly to get out of
我觉得他接手此案
going to a meeting with Alfredo.
主要是为了不和阿弗雷多去互助会
He wants us to catch up on the case file
他希望我们能看看卷宗
while he looks into something.
与此同时他调查点别的事
I've circled something on the first page.
我在第一页上圈了一些重点
Looks like Marissa received a payment of $150,000
看来马瑞莎在她失踪之前
right before she disappeared.
收到了十五万美金
What is "Purgatorium, Incorporated"?
"普格图瑞公司"又是什么
It's a company
是间位于卢森堡
based in Luxembourg, founded a month ago.
一个月前刚成立的公司
There's no information about them anywhere.
到处都找不到有关他们的信息
Luxembourg's a tax haven, apparently,
很明显卢森堡可是逃税的天堂
so the police can't find out
所以警方没能查出
anything about the people that founded it.
有关公司创始人的任何资料
Well, you said on the phone
你在电话上提到
that Marissa had debts,
马瑞莎身负巨债
but this is hardly the same thing
可是这看起来又不像是
as a payday loan joint.
一发薪就还贷的情况
What did Sherlock say about it?
夏洛克怎么说
He doesn't know about it yet.
他还不知道
He's looking into the last place that she used her credit card.
他去调查她最后使用信用卡的地方了
It's Sherlock.
是夏洛克
What does he say?
他说什么
I don't know.
我不知道
These abbreviations that he uses...
他用的这些缩写...
"At 748 West 45th Street.
位于西45街748号
"In rear. Bring Watson.
在后巷,带上华生
Wear sensible shoes."
穿舒服的鞋
So why did you want us to meet you
所以你为什么要我们
in the alleyway behind a bar?
来一家酒吧的后巷见面
Not just any bar.
不是随便一家酒吧
This Dumpster services Vladi's.
这是佛拉蒂酒吧的垃圾箱
It's the kind of establishment which,
虽然这周遭的人群
despite the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood around it,
逐渐在变得高雅
still manages to attract
但这酒吧还是吸引了
a thoroughly seedy clientele.
很多下三流的客人
Pins in this padlock
这个挂锁中的插脚太重
were too heavy for my lock picks, so...
我的撬锁器开不动,所以...
I'm not getting in there
告诉我我们要找什么
until you tell me what it is I'm looking for.
不然我是不会进去的
When I was investigating the, uh...
当我在调查
the area around the bodega
马瑞莎·莱德贝特最后一次
where Marissa Ledbetter last used her credit card,
使用信用卡的小酒馆周围情况时
I couldn't help noticing that this place
我不禁发现这家酒吧
is subject to a litany of complaints
收到了邻里提出的
from the neighbors.
一系列投诉
Noise complaints,
噪音投诉
public urination, that kind of thing.
公共场合小便,等等之类
One stood out.
但有一个投诉引起了我注意
A couple of days ago, two businesses complained of a f...
几天前,两名店家投诉说
...a foul smell
这个垃圾箱内
coming from this dumpster.
传来恶臭
It does smell awful,
闻上去确实味道不好
but isn't it supposed to smell awful?
但垃圾箱不就应该是这种味道吗
Yeah.
It's rancid... ugh!
这是腐臭...
I'm sorry, Watson.
抱歉,华生
So you found this on her body?
这是你在她尸体上找到的
It's a list of dosages.
这是一份剂量表
Marissa was a nurse.
马瑞莎是个护士
It doesn't look like an official hospital communication.
这看起来不像是医院里正规使用的
I've sent Kitty to St. Andrew's
我让凯蒂带着一份副件
with a photograph of that.
去圣安德鲁医院了
I'm curious as to whether it has
我想知道这跟她在那里的工作
anything to do with her work there.
是否有关
You all right, Watson?
你没事吧,华生
I know you were acquainted with Ms. Ledbetter.
我知道你认识莱德贝特女士
Well, I hadn't seen her in a long time,
我跟她已经很久没见了
but she was a really sweet person.
但她确实是个很好的人
We're all done.
我们弄完了
Your friend died shortly after she went missing.
你的朋友失踪不久之后就死了
She was, uh, struck in the head about a dozen times,
她的头被人打了十多下
before someone wrapped their hands around her neck
然后有人又用双手掐住了
and squeezed.
她的脖子
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
Was there any evidence on the body?
尸体上有什么证据吗
She had someone else's DNA under her fingernails.
她指甲缝里有别人的DNA
She must have scratched her attacker,
她一定抓伤了袭击者
trying to fight him off.
试图反抗来着
I had someone at the lab run
我让实验室的人
a preliminary check on the DNA.
初步化验了DNA
It matches a sample someone left
跟一个曾经在应聘地检办公室时
when they applied for a job at the DA's Office.
留下DNA样本的人相符
Guy's name is Christopher Jacoby.
那人叫克里斯托夫·杰科比
So, we have the probable killer's name
那现在我们有了嫌疑人的姓名
and his DNA.
和他的DNA
He has a current address on file, too.
档案上还有他现在的住址
Watson, if you like, I could...
华生,如果你需要的话,我可以
give your friend the bad news.
告诉你朋友这个坏消息
Oh, I'll do it. Thanks.
我去吧,谢了
Detective Bell, let us know when you have the killer in custody.
贝尔警探,凶手抓到之后告诉我们
Yeah, hold on. I'm, uh...
好,等等,我在
checking something on the department intranet.
查警局的内部网
Jacoby... Jacoby...
杰科比,杰科比
I knew I recognized that name.
这个名字我的确见过
It keeps coming up in our briefings.
我们一直在简报会上提到他
He's missing, too.
他也失踪了
His wife filed a report
他妻子上周三
last Wednesday.
递交了失踪报告
I'm sorry.
抱歉
You're saying Chris is a suspect in a murder?
你是说克里斯是凶案嫌疑人吗
Well, his DNA was found
受害者的指甲缝里
under the fingernails of the victim.
找到了他的DNA
It looks like it happened around the same time
凶案发生的时间跟你丈夫失踪的时间
your husband went missing.
基本相同
There has to be a mistake.
这肯定是个误会
Chris is a kind man.
克里斯很善良
Did he know a woman named Marissa Ledbetter?
他认识一个叫马瑞莎·莱德贝特的女人吗
Not that he mentioned.
他没提过
Well, according to the report
根据你递交的报告
you filed, the last time you saw Chris,
你最后一次见到克里斯
he told you he was going to spend a couple nights upstate
他跟你说他要去州北部跟几个大学朋友
with some college buddies, but his friends say
玩几天,但他的朋友们说
they didn't have any plans with your husband.
他们根本没约你丈夫
Well, I don't know why Chris lied about that,
我不知道克里斯为什么要说谎
but he wouldn't cheat on me, if that's what you're wondering.
但他不会有外遇的,如果你想问这个的话
Chris is a good man.
克里斯是个好人
We've been struggling since he got laid off,
他下岗之后我们过得很困难
but we're dealing with it.
但我们正在处理
Something happened to him.
他一定是出事了
He wouldn't run away from our life,
他不会逃离我们的生活
and he definitely wouldn't kill someone.
更加不会杀人的
Uh, sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰了
Did you bring a child to work with you today?
你今天是带了个孩子来工作吗
Oh, no, that's Mason.
不,那是梅森
He's older than he looks.
他只是看起来比较小
A bit.
小一点
He passed a note to me.
他给了我一张纸条
Said to give it to you.
让我给你
Said it was urgent.
说是很紧急的事
Okay, first of all, I don't mean to be rude,
首先,我不想这么无礼
but your computers suck.
但你们的电脑真的很烂
You said you found Chris Jacoby.
你说你找到了克里斯·杰科比
I think so.
我觉得是
I compared his picture to the cached images
我把他的图片跟全城的监控摄像头的
from surveillance cameras all around the city.
缓存图像进行了对比
There was a match from yesterday,
在昨天的图像中找到了匹配结果
right by Morningside Park.
就在晨边公园附近
It's weird, though.
但是很奇怪
You gave me a picture
你给我的图片上是个
of a clean-cut guy.
没有胡子的人
The match I found was...
但我找到的匹配却是
something else.
另外一个样子
That's Chris Jacoby?
这是克里斯·杰科比
Software says
软件显示
it's a perfect match.
两者完全匹配
So how often are you here?
你多久来这里一次
I play here every day.
我每天都在这里演奏
I have a permit from the city
我有政府给的
that covers the entrance to the park.
在公园入口演奏的许可证
Would it be fair to say
我能说你对这里的
you're familiar with the local homeless population?
流浪汉们很熟悉吗
You get to know the faces.
我跟他们都混了个脸熟
Do you recognize this man?
你能认出这个人吗
Him, I know for sure.
他啊,我认识
He's come up to talk to me
他这个星期
a few times this week.
跟我说过几次话
He seems quite damaged.
他看起来疯疯癫癫的
So you've seen him more than once?
所以你见过他不止一次
I've seen him coming out
我见过他
from the park in the morning.
早上从公园里出来
I get the impression
我觉得
that he's sleeping nearby.
他就睡在附近
So how are you doing?
你最近怎么样
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
How are you?
你还好吗
Well, my heart rate is normal for a man my age
就我这岁数,我的心率很正常
and my blood pressure is good to excellent,
我的血压也非常好
last time I checked.
我上次量的时候是这样
You know better than to ask me such a non-specific question.
你知道不应该问我这么不具体的问题
What are you getting at?
你想问什么
Well, Kitty said you ducked out of a meeting this morning.
凯蒂说你今早故意不参加互助会
And I know that you were upset
而且我知道你很生气
because that guy posted your shares on his blog.
那家伙在博客上发布了你的分享
Firstly, I didn't "duck out" of anything.
首先,我没有故意不参加
I took a case.
我接了个案子
And secondly, I've come to believe
其次,我开始觉得
that the recent violation of my anonymity was,
最近那次对我匿名性的侵害
on balance, a good thing.
总得来说是件好事
Good? How?
好事,为什么
Well, it's given me some distance from the program.
它让我跟戒瘾项目有了一些距离
A chance to evaluate which aspects of it work for me
给我机会评估它在哪些方面有帮助
and which don't.
在哪些方面没有
I don't think it's really
我不觉得这真的是那种
an a la carte kind of arrangement.
能按单点菜的事
Yes, it is.
其实是的
At any rate, all systems can be improved upon, Watson.
不管怎样,所有系统都是可以改良的,华生
What is it?
怎么了
Something good spot for an encampment.
看着像是个露营的好地点
Sherlock!
夏洛克
Hello?
你好
Mr. Jacoby?
杰科比先生
I'll text Marcus.
我给马科斯发短信
Hold on.
等等
This earth's been disturbed.
这里的土被动过
What is it?
这是什么
Well, it seems Mr. Jacoby
看起来杰科比先生
has kept a journal.
记了一本日记
And he considered its contents important enough to keep hidden.
并且觉得其中的内容重要到有必要掩藏起来
"The room never changed.
"房间从未改变
"Day after day, year after year,
"日复一日,年复一年
"decade after decade.
"十年过后又十年
"I went insane a dozen different times.
"我发疯过十几次
"Then I became convinced I died
"然后我渐渐确信我已经死了
and went to Hell."
并且下了地狱"
"I thought no one would ever
"我本以为无人会问津
"come for me until the morning the woman came for me."
"直到一天早上,一个女人找到了我"
"I was ready to strike."
"我准备好大干一场了"
He's describing the murder of Marissa Ledbetter.
他写的是马瑞莎·莱德贝特的死
Maybe the version of it that existed in his head.
也许这是他脑中的版本
So, we found Marissa Ledbetter's killer,
这么说,我们找到杀她的凶手了
who's dead.
而他已经死了
So, now what are we investigating?
那我们现在要调查什么
Chris Jacoby's murder?
克里斯·杰科比的死吗
We know who did what to whom.
我们知道谁对谁做了什么
The why of the matter escapes me utterly.
但其动机却毫无头绪
A man lies to his wife
一个男人对妻子撒谎
about a trip upstate.
说去州北旅行了
Within days, he's driven to utter madness.
而几天时间,他就疯了
His victim received a mysterious and untraceable payment
他的受害者的银行账户收到了一笔神秘的
to her bank account.
且无迹可寻的汇款
We don't know what Chris Jacoby was really
我们不知道他失踪这段时间
up to the day he disappeared,
到底做了什么
just as we don't know what Marissa Ledbetter was doing in Hell's Kitchen.
也不知道马瑞莎·莱德贝特在地狱厨房做什么
And we don't know how they met
更不知道他们是如何相识的
or where he killed her.
以及他在哪杀了她
What is it?
怎么了
This is Chris Jacoby's laptop.
这是克里斯·杰科比的电脑
His wife lent it to me.
他太太借给我的
I'd been poking around and I found a number of e-mails,
我随便看了看,发现了一些电子邮件
which suggested that he'd opened a new
表明他在失踪前不久
bank account shortly before his disappearance.
开了一个新的银行账户
She didn't know anything about it.
她对此毫不知情
I'd been guessing at his password and...
我一直在猜他的密码,结果...
voila.
啦啦
"Purgatorium." That's the same company
"普格图瑞" 这跟给莱德贝特
that put money into Ledbetter's account.
账户里打钱的公司名一样
Why'd they both receive payments
为什么他们在同一周内
for $150,000 in the same week?
都收到了十五万汇款呢
The slip of paper we found on her
我们在她身上发现的
with the list of dosages on it...
列有剂量清单的纸条
you took it to the hospital where she worked?
你拿去她工作的医院了吗
None of the doctors had any idea what it was.
所有医生都不知道那是什么意思
Why?
怎么了
I'm not sure yet.
我还不确定
But Jacoby's autopsy is scheduled for the morning.
不过杰科比的尸检安排在明早
If it reveals what I think it might,
如果能验证我的想法
we'll know exactly what's going on here.
那我们就能知道到底是怎么回事了
I don't know how it happened, but Chris Jacoby incurred
我不知道是怎么回事,但杰科比最近
heavy brain damage recently.
遭受过严重的脑损伤
There's serious deterioration
他的小脑
of the cerebellum and the cerebral cortex
大脑皮层和基地神经节
and basal ganglia. He had a baseline scan done recently.
有一系列退化表现,他最近做过基线扫描
You can see he was fine a few months ago.
可以看出,他几个月前还好好的
The autopsy performed on Marissa Ledbetter
而马瑞莎·莱德贝特的验尸结果
did not detect similar results, did it?
并未发现相似的情况,对吗
And the toxicology test you did on Jacoby,
另外,你对杰科比做的毒理检测
did you find any strange or unusual substances?
有发现任何奇怪的或是不寻常的物质吗
We did.
确实有
There was a chemical in his system--
他体内有一种化学物质
I haven't seen it before.
我以前从未见过
We're trying to figure out what it is.
我们正试图查明到底是什么
Don't bother. You won't find it registered.
不用麻烦了,这东西没登记过
How do you know that?
你怎么知道
Jacoby was unemployed.
杰科比是无业游民
He was desperate for money.
他很缺钱
He receives a payment
有个无迹可寻的
from an untraceable shell corporation.
空壳公司在给他支付报酬
Then he goes missing.
然后他就失踪了
When he turns up a week later,
一周后当他重现人间时
he's a killer with a destroyed brain.
已经成了个大脑受损的杀人凶手
And a mysterious chemical in his system.
并且体内有一种神秘的化学物质
Marissa Ledbetter. She has crushing debt.
马瑞莎·莱德贝特,她欠了庞大的债务
She receives a payment. She's then found murdered
她收到了一笔汇款,然后就死了
with a list of chemical dosages in her pocket.
被发现时口袋里还有一张化学剂量清单
So, you think someone paid Chris Jacoby
所以,你觉得有人花钱让克里斯·杰科比
to take whatever drug we found in his system.
服用了我们在他体内发现的药品
You're talking about an illegal drug trial.
这可是非法药物试验
I think your friend Ms. Ledbetter
我想你的朋友马瑞莎·莱德贝特
was the nurse in charge of administering
应该是负责管理
whatever chemical Purgatorium, Incorporated, is manufacturing.
普格图瑞公司生产的化学品
The drug clearly did not work the way that they intended it to.
这药明显没发挥他们预期的功效
It destroyed Jacoby's brain.
反而损害了杰科比的大脑
And in his delusional state, he attacked Marissa
然后他在幻觉中袭击了马瑞莎
and escaped whatever facility they were using.
并逃出了他们做试验的地方
Whoever was in charge of the trial
而负责这项试验的人
put her body in the Dumpster.
把她的尸体扔进了垃圾箱
If that's true, whoever did the trial
如果情况属实,那进行试验的人
must've been desperate to find Chris Jacoby.
肯定拼命想找到克里斯·杰科比
Given what we know,
基于我们知道的情况
I find it very hard to believe that his murder
我很难相信他的遇害
is the petty robbery that it appears to be.
是表面上看起来的普通抢劫杀人
I think someone's tying up loose ends.
我想是有人想消除后患
So, you're saying that Jacoby killed Marissa,
你是说,杰科比杀了马瑞莎
but in a way, he wasn't responsible for it.
但某种程度上,他其实是无辜的
The truly guilty party is whoever set up the trial
真正有罪的,是开展这项试验
and ruined his brain. And what's more,
并毁了他大脑的人,另外
no scientific trial is going to administer
没有哪个科学试验
experimental drugs to just one recipient.
会用仅仅一个试验对象的结果作为依据
Results would be meaningless.
这样的结果毫无意义
The document we found on Marissa Ledbetter's body...
我们在马瑞莎身上发现的清单上
It has five different dosages
有这种他们称为易泽姆77的药品
of the chemical they call E-Zed-M-77.
五种不同的剂量
Five dosages, five patients.
五种剂量,五个试验对象
They gave the drug to four other people.
他们还给另外四个人用了这种药
So, you think somebody is running
这么说,你们认为这城市里
an unauthorized drug trial in the middle of the city?
有人在开展非法的药品试验
What does this...EZM-77 do?
这个易泽姆77有什么功效
We don't know what it's supposed to do,
我们还不知道它预期的功效
but if you take it, you get brain damage.
但人们如果服用,大脑便会受损
I've studied plenty of drug trials in medical school.
我在医学院时接触过很多药物试验
These things don't happen in a vacuum.
不会有人凭空想做这种事的
They're expensive and they take time.
既费时又费钱
There are four or five companies that drive
业界有四五家公司
almost every advancement in the field.
几乎垄断了领先成果
This probably traces back to one of them.
这事也许跟其中一家有关
Now, you're talking about public corporations.
你现在说的可是公营公司
Would they really risk an illegal trial?
他们真会冒险进行非法试验吗
If a company thought they were on to something,
如果有公司觉得他们在研究的东西
and it could increase their market share?
能增加他们的市场占有率呢
Sure, I could definitely see it.
当然会,我完全可以想象
Get a drug that works first,
先找到有效的药物
and then try and fast-track it through the system.
然后使其尽快流入市场
So, how do we figure out which company it is?
那我们要怎么查到底是哪家公司呢
Well, Jacoby was just one participant in the experiment.
杰科比只是其中一个试验对象
We think there were four others.
我们认为还有其他四人
The fastest way is to find one of them,
最快的方法就是找到他们其中一个
and see if they can lead us back to the company that staged the trial.
看他们能不能引领我们找到幕后的公司
"Bella, Edward,
贝拉,爱德华
"Jacob.
雅各布
Immune to supernatural powers of the mind."
对超自然的意识力量免疫
Wait a minute.
等等
Are you guys researching the Twilight books?
你们是在研究《暮光之城》系列小说吗
We heard back from our friends at Everyone.
"人人"的朋友给了我们回复
They've agreed to compile a list of everyone who's received
他们同意给我们一份从普格图瑞公司
a payment from Purgatorium, Incorporated, since its inception last month.
上个月成立起收到过付款的所有人员名单
In exchange, they want me to compose a treatise
作为交换,他们想让我写一篇
on why the character of Bella should've ended up
关于为什么贝拉最后应该跟雅各布
with Jacob rather than Edward.
而不是爱德华在一起的论文
Apparently, there's some kind of convention in town,
显然,市里有个什么讨论会
and then want me to read my essay out loud in the lobby.
而他们想让我在大厅里读这篇论文
Personally, I see no reason why they couldn't have come
从我的角度来看,我认为
to some arrangement which involved all three of them.
他们三个人可以都在一起
But that's the position that Everyone has asked me to take, so...
但是"人人"的朋友非让我那么写,所以...
Everyone never gets tired of embarrassing you, do they?
"人人"就是喜欢让你出丑,是吧
Humiliation is the favorite currency of the hacker.
羞辱别人是黑客们最喜欢的货币
Everyone didn't mention anything about me reading anything out loud, did they?
"人人"没说要让我读什么东西吧
No.
没有
Excellent.
太棒了
Well, I'm gonna...
那我就
work from home.
回家工作了
Hello?
有人吗
That's pretty.
曲子不错
It seems suitable for pondering eternity.
好像很适合用来思考永生
You came in using keys, not lock picks.
你是用钥匙进来的,不是撬锁工具
Kitty had a key made for me.
凯蒂给我配了把钥匙
She didn't want me to have to break in
她不希望你每次不想开门时
every time you didn't feel like answering the door.
我就得撬锁进来
And why are we pondering eternity this morning?
为什么今早要思考永生
These are the five men who received
就是这五个人收到了
payments from Purgatorium.
普格图瑞公司的付款
You're familiar with Christopher Jacoby.
你已经知道了克里斯托夫·杰科比
The man next to him, Spencer Redding,
他旁边的这位,斯宾塞·雷丁
checked into a hospital three days ago
三天前进了医院
with tremors in his limbs.
症状是四肢发抖
He died a day later.
一天后死了
An autopsy revealed damage to his cerebellum,
尸检发现他的小脑
cerebral cortex and basal ganglia.
大脑皮质层和基底神经节都受了损伤
Now, there have been missing persons complaints
有人为其余两个人提交了
filed on behalf of two of the remaining men.
失踪报告
The last one, Louis Carlisle,
最后这位,路易斯·卡莱尔
not officially missing, but he hasn't shown up
警方没有说他失踪,但是他已经
for work in almost a week.
几乎一个星期没上班了
I've dispatched Kitty to inquire after him,
我已经派凯蒂去问他的情况
although I'm not very hopeful.
虽然我并不抱太大希望
So, you think these men were murdered
你觉得杀死他们的人
by the same person who killed Jacoby?
和杀死杰科比的是同一个人
Spencer Redding was barely coherent
斯宾塞·雷丁进医院的时候
when he checked into hospital.
基本已经神志不清了
But he was awake long enough for a doctor to ask him his age.
但是医生还来得及问了他的年龄
Apparently, Spencer said he was 34 years old,
斯宾塞说他三十四岁
but he'd been alive for many more years than that.
但他的实际年龄远不止三十四岁
Sounds like the same things that Jacoby wrote in his journal.
听上去和杰科比在日记里写的一样
What are the chances of two men with brain damage
两个脑部受损的人产生了同样的幻觉
experiencing virtually identical delusions?
这样的概率有多大
Miniscule. I have a notion
太小了,我想到了
what E-Zed-M-77 is meant to do.
易泽姆77是做什么用的了
I think someone has been experimenting
我觉得有人在试验
with time-dilating drugs.
具有时间膨胀功能的药物
Such chemicals target the regions of the brain
这些化学物质以大脑区域为目标
which govern the perception of time.
也就是人体负责管理时间概念的地方
The cerebellum, the cerebral cortex
小脑,大脑皮质层
and the basal ganglia.
以及基底神经节
These drugs would speed up the functioning of these regions
这些药物会使这些部位的功能加速
so that the person who took them would experience
这样使用者就会
one hour as, say, two hours.
把一小时当作两小时
Or a week or, theoretically...
或者当作一周,又或者
hundreds of years.
理论上可以是一百年
Sounds like you're saying that these drugs stop time.
你好像是说这些药物使时间停止了
Not quite. They just cram more neurological function
不太准确,它们只是把更多的神经功能
into a shorter period of time. Now...
压缩到了较短的时间段里,现在
the potential applications are vast.
这个作用适用的范围非常广
You could learn a new language
你可以在几周内学会一门新语言
or a new skill in a couple of weeks.
或者是一项新的技能
You could sentence a prisoner to one day in prison,
你可以判罪犯入狱一天
and he would emerge having experienced
而他会感觉到
the equivalent of ten years worth of punishment.
是服了十年的徒刑
You think someone invented that?
你觉得有人发明了这种药物吗
I think there are still kinks to be worked out.
我觉得还有一些难关需要攻克
Now, whether or not Jacoby and the others
至于杰科比和其他人
experienced actual time dilation?
是否经历了时间膨胀
It's very difficult to say.
现在很难判断
They would presumably have been briefed
可能是他们被告知了
on the potential effects of the drug,
这种药物的潜在副作用
so it's possible their damaged brain seized on that information
所以他们受损的大脑记住了这条信息
and built a delusion around it.
然后形成了幻觉
You have approached Odin. Your photograph has been taken...
你正在接近奥丁,你的影像已经被拍下...
I'm helping Alfredo with something, so...
我在帮阿弗雷多解决个问题,所以...
and forwarded to the authorities. You have...
并被传送至执法机关,你正...
Kitty went to Carlisle's workplace.
凯蒂去了卡莱尔工作的地方
He hasn't been there for a while.
他已经很久没上班了
One of his colleagues said
他的一个同事说
they received an e-mail from him last night.
他们昨晚收到了他的电子邮件
Apparently, he's gone into hiding.
他说他躲起来了
Someone who took the drug is still alive?
有服用药物的人还活着
Louis only been into work once this week.
路易斯这周只上了一天班
And he had to go home early.
而且还早退了
He was in bad shape.
他看上去很不好
Did his e-mail say why he planned to go into hiding?
他的邮件里有没有说他为什么打算躲起来
He said people were following him.
他说有人跟着他
He thinks his life's in danger.
他觉得自己有生命危险
Wait, was that true?
等等,这是真的吗
I thought he was having a breakdown or something.
我以为他就是精神衰弱了之类的
We're not sure.
我们还不确定
Did he mention where he was going?
他有没有说他去哪了
Jessa and I talked before you got here.
你们来之前我跟杰萨谈过
Apparently, Louis been having money problems.
很显然,路易斯遇到了经济困难
Yeah, ever since his mom got cancer.
是的,是从他妈妈得了癌症后
He was helping pay for her treatments
他一直在花钱给她治疗
right up until she died.
一直到她去世
Any idea what happened to her apartment after she died?
你知道她的公寓最后怎么处理了吗
I think Louis was getting it ready to go on the market.
我觉得路易斯正准备把它卖出去
An empty apartment and a desperate young man
一间空公寓,一个需要找地方躲起来的
in need of a hiding place.
绝望青年
Louis Carlisle, we're with the NYPD.
路易斯·卡莱尔,我们是纽约警局的人
Hello?
有人吗
If you'd like to test your skills
你要是想在实战中
in a practical environment, the floor is yours.
检测一下你的技术,请便吧
That's a bit unwieldy for the job at hand, don't you think?
这把工具太笨拙了,你不觉得吗
That's too delicate for the deadbolt.
对于这把锁这个又太细了
Would you two mind?
你们能不发表意见吗
Hello?
有人吗
Louis Carlisle?
路易斯·卡莱尔
Mr. Carlisle, we're here to help you!
卡莱尔先生,我们是来帮你的
Stay away from me!
离我远点
Stay away from me!
离我远点
We're from the NYPD, we're not gonna hurt you.
我们是纽约警局派来的,我们不会伤害你
Mr. Carlisle, we know about E-Zed-M.
卡莱尔先生,我们知道易泽姆
We know that there are people after you.
我们知道有人在追杀你
If you tell us about the trial,
如果你告诉我们试验的事
we'll make sure that they never threaten you again.
我们会保证没人能再威胁你了
You'll keep me safe?
你能保证我安全
If you can help me,
如果你能帮我
I'll t-tell you... I'll tell you whatever you want to know.
我就告诉你,告诉你所有想知道的事
I'll tell you everything.
我全都告诉你
It's odd, the other people
真奇怪,其他服用了
who took this drug could barely talk.
这种药物的人都基本不能说话了
One of them we know went insane.
其中一个还疯了
But he seems...
可是他虽然
not fine, exactly, but he's functioning.
不太好,但是基本正常
The experimenters gave different amounts of the drug
试验人员给每个试验参与者的
to everyone who participated in the experiment.
药物剂量不同
Clearly got some sort of brain damage.
显然他脑部也受到了损伤
Look at his hand.
看他的手
Must have gotten the smallest dosage.
肯定服用的是最少的剂量
Just so we're clear, Mr. Carlisle,
事先说清楚,卡莱尔先生
you're not under arrest.
你没有被逮捕
We just want to ask you some questions, all right?
我们只是想问你一些问题,好吗
Who did this to you?
是谁把你弄成这样的
I wish I could give you names.
我也希望能告诉你是谁
Wait a minute, you participated in an experimental drug trial
等一下,你参加一项实验性药物试验
without even knowing who was conducting it?
却连组织者是谁都不知道
It was a lot of money.
他们给了很多钱
It was 150 grand, up front.
首付就是十五万
Another 150 grand a year for the rest of my life,
还会在余生中每年给我十五万
if I didn't, you know, tell anyone about the study.
只要我不把这事告诉任何人
They were gonna give you $150,000 a year
他们会每年给你十五万
for the rest of your life?
直到你死吗
They said it was incentive to keep quiet.
说是为了让我们保密
I mean, did it seem shady?
我觉得这事可疑吗
Of course, but...
当然了,不过...
that kind of money, I can live with shady.
那么多钱,可疑点也无妨
How'd you find out about the study?
你怎么知道这个研究的
It was just an ad online.
在网上看到了广告
Had an e-mail address.
上边有个邮件地址
I wrote them, they wrote back.
我给他们写信,他们回复了
It was all anonymous.
都是匿名的
But the wire transfer cleared,
但是钱转到帐了
and, you know, it-it seemed professional.
而且,他们看起来是专业人士
And the trial itself, where did it take place?
那试验呢,是在哪里进行的
Just some office they rented out.
某个他们租来的办公室里
They gave me the drugs, and I spent the night there.
他们给我药,我在那待一夜
They said, um, I might feel like a lot of time is passing,
他们说,我可能感觉时间过了很久
and it definitely felt weird,
确实很奇怪
but I was okay.
但我当时觉得没什么
Till a couple days later...
直到几天后
when this started.
就开始这样了
I sent them an e-mail.
我给他们发了邮件
Thought they'd help.
以为他们能帮我
Instead, people start following me.
但却有人开始跟踪我
People, who? What did they look like?
什么人,他们长什么样
I don't know, I never got a great look at anybody.
我不知道,我从来没能看仔细
How about the people who came to you to conduct the study?
那对你进行试验的那些人呢
Can you describe them?
你能描述一下他们吗
Yeah, sure...
当然可以
there was a nurse.
有一位护士
You guys know about her already.
你们已经知道她是谁了
I saw another person.
我还见过另外一个人
Once.
只有一面
Black guy.
黑人
He was about 40.
大概四十岁
I think he...
我觉得他...
I think he was the one in charge.
我觉得他是管事的
To what do I owe the pleasure of this unannounced visit?
是什么让您突然大驾光临
Alfredo called me.
阿弗雷多给我打电话了
He said you missed a meeting, he was worried.
他说你没去互助会,他有点担心
I'm working, Watson.
我在工作,华生
We have a sketch of the man who is in charge
我们有了一副非法药物试验
of the illegal drug trial. Now...
负责人的素描画像
someone with a talent for dabbling in time-dilating drugs
能够涉及开发时间膨胀药物的人
is not your average citizen.
可不是什么普通人
He is, in all likelihood, connected to one
他很有可能会与一些
of the major pharmaceutical conglomerates.
大型制药企业有联系
So, you're going through their annual reports,
所以你在查看他们的年度报告
looking for a picture that matches.
看有没有相似的照片
I was looking through their annual reports,
我刚才是在查看他们的年度报告
till I found a photograph of Dr. Dwyer Kirke, PHD.
后来找到了一张医学博士德威尔·科克的照片
That's him.
就是他
Dr. Kirke heads up a research laboratory
科克医生是乌比恩制药公司
at Ubient Pharmaceuticals.
研究工作室的主管
He's a leading light in the field of neurochemistry.
他是神经化学界的先驱
I do believe we have found our man.
我觉得我们找到了嫌疑人
Did you tell Marcus?
你告诉马库斯了吗
The NYPD are on the prowl for Dr. Kirke.
纽约警局正在拘捕科克医生
Okay, that's great.
那太好了
So, you're not exactly working anymore, right?
所以说你不需要再工作了,对吧
I mean, the police know who did it.
警察已经知道是谁干的了
So why not go to a meeting
你为什么不去互助会
while they go and find this guy Kirke?
让他们去找科克
I sent Kitty to look through the office space
我派凯蒂去查看
where the trial was conducted, and I need to be available
进行试验的办公室了,我需要等在这
should she wish to get in touch.
以便她能够随时联络到我
What's going on?
发生什么事了
You're skipping meetings.
你一直翘互助会
What is going on?
怎么回事
Sherlock?
夏洛克
Okay.
好吧
Well, I can't force you to talk to me.
我不能强迫你和我坦白
But I wish you would.
但我希望你能够和我说说
If you must know, Watson...
如果你真想知道,华生
I've been feeling a little bit down of late.
我最近情绪比较低落
It's the process of maintaining my sobriety.
是我保持戒瘾的过程
It's repetitive.
循环往复
And it's relentless.
并且没有间歇
And above all, it's tedious.
最主要的是太过沉闷
When I left rehab, I...
当我离开戒毒所时,我...
I accepted your influence.
我接受了你的影响
I committed to my recovery.
我致力于复原
And now...
而现在
two years in...
两年多了
I found myself asking,
我却开始自问
is this it?
难道就这样了吗
My sobriety is simply a grind.
保持戒瘾是一项苦差事
It's just this leaky faucet
就像是一个漏水的水龙头
which requires constant maintenance.
需要经常进行维护
And in return offers only...
而得到的回报只是
not to drip.
不再漏水
You have your work.
你有工作
You have me.
你还有我
You're alive.
你还活着
I've told myself that many times.
我对自己说过很多次了
So many times that it has become unmoored from all meaning.
多到已经对其背后的意义没有实感了
Odd.
真奇怪
I...
我...
I used to imagine that a relapse would be the climax
我曾经认为复发将会是一次
to some grand drama.
伟大的剧情高潮
Now I think that if I were to use drugs again,
现在我却觉得如果再次吸毒
it would in fact be an anticlimax.
会是一个非常扫兴的狗血剧情
It would be a surrender
只不过是屈服于
to the incessant drip, drip, drip
持续的滴水状态,滴答滴答地
of existence.
流失自我
I'm sorry you're feeling this way.
很遗憾你有这种感觉
What can I do to help?
我怎么才能帮到你
Do you want to talk more?
你想多谈谈吗
Do you want to maybe speak to Alfredo?
或者你想和阿弗雷多谈谈
Yes, I think perhaps I will see Alfredo.
是啊,或许我可以去见见阿弗雷多
But in any case,
但不管如何
I shan't be using drugs this evening.
我今晚不会吸毒
Cold feet on the warm deck, Watson.
太阳晒屁股了,华生
It's a wonderful morning to be preoccupied
这是一个充满了
by the meaninglessness of existence.
无意义的美好早晨
Why is that?
那是什么意思
It led you to spend the night here.
你在这里过了夜
Which, in turn, affords me the opportunity to rouse you.
因此,让我有了机会吵醒你
I've missed it.
我十分怀念这感觉
Food.
食物
Clothing.
衣服
Which you left here when you moved out.
你搬出去的时候留下的
I didn't know you played the bugle.
我都不知道你还会吹军号
I have a bugle.
我只是有个军号
I spent the last hour learning that particular tune.
曲子是我花一个小时刚学的
The police searched Dwyer Kirke's apartment last night.
昨晚警察搜查了德威尔·科克的公寓
They found several hidden vials of a chemical,
他们发现了几瓶隐藏的化学品
which matches the one that we found inside Chris Jacoby's body.
与我们在克里斯·杰科比身体里找到的匹配
And some written records of the trial.
还找到了关于试验的文字记录
We have everything we need to make an arrest.
我们掌握了足够证据去拘捕他
Except for Dwyer Kirke himself.
只是找不到德威尔·科克本人
I have a notion where we might find him.
我想到了一个找到他的办法
With a bit of luck, we can apprehend him
加上点好运,午餐时分
and convince him to turn on his superiors
我们就可以逮捕他
at Ubient Pharmaceutical by, say, lunchtime.
并说服他供出乌比恩制药公司的上司
Are you gonna wake up Kitty?
你要叫醒凯蒂吗
Of course not.
当然不了
I am a courteous housemate.
我是个有礼貌的室友
This guy, Kirke,
这个科克
he's running from murder charges.
畏罪潜逃了
Why exactly are you expecting him to show up
你为什么觉得他会来
at his aunt's nursing home?
他姑妈的疗养院
Dwyer Kirke has power of attorney
德威尔·科克姑妈的事务
over his aunt's affairs.
全都委托给他了
He's responsible for her care.
他有赡养责任
She raised him, and, according to the staff here,
她养育了他,据这边的员工说
he's a regular visitor.
他常来看她
Poor woman is recovering from a broken hip.
可怜的女人髋骨骨折,正在康复中
That can be the kiss of death to elderly patients.
对老年人来说,这可能会致命
Isn't that right, Watson?
我说得对吧,华生
It's a psychological thing.
跟他们的心理有关
They have a tendency to give up.
他们很容易放弃
Mr. Kirke has accompanied his aunt
他姑妈的每一次物理治疗
to every physical therapy session she's undergone.
科克先生都全程陪同
I think it's fair to say that his presence,
我认为可以说他的陪同
motivating factor that it is,
是他姑妈的动力
could be the difference between life and death for her.
也是她是否放弃生命的主要因素
She has a physical therapy session starting in 20 minutes.
二十分钟后,她的治疗就会开始
I'm just saying-- you're putting a lot of faith in a guy
我就是觉得,对于一个背负三起谋杀的人
behind at least three homicides.
你对他也太有信心了吧
The killings were an undesired side effect
害死这些人是他试验失败的后果
of his experiment gone disastrously wrong.
他也不想这样
He's not a murderer by avocation.
杀人不是他的嗜好
Marcus.
马库斯
Dwyer Kirke?
德威尔·科克
You're a good nephew.
你是个好侄子
You're also under arrest.
但同时你也被捕了
Listen...
听着...
you've got me.
你抓到我了
I understand that.
我理解
Just, please...
但是拜托...
be careful with my research.
请小心处理我的研究成果
It's important.
这很重要
It needs to be published.
一定要将它公之于众
People will want to continue this work once I'm in prison.
我入狱以后,人们会想要继续我的研究
You're referring to the work
你是指那个
that ruined the brains of five different people?
毁了五个人大脑的研究吗
Obviously, there were issues.
很显然,研究还存在问题
We had dosage problems.
我们无法确定合适的注射剂量
But this is incredible stuff.
但这项研究非常了不起
Some of those people experienced actual time dilation.
一些人体验了真正的时间膨胀
You don't know that.
那可不一定
You don't strike me as someone
我看你不像是那种
who's eager to throw their life away.
会轻贱他们生命的人
Why wouldn't you just test the drug through the proper channels?
为什么不通过合法途径来检验药品呢
We couldn't. We had to move quickly.
我们不能,进展必须要快
Why?
为什么
You said "we," Dr. Kirke.
你说了"我们" 科克医生
Right now, there is no "we."
现在,这里没有"我们"
You're the one taking the charges.
你一个人背负了所有指控
The trial cost north of $1 million.
试验花掉了差不多一百万美金
There's no way that you could've financed that on your own.
仅凭你一人,不可能支付起那么庞大的数目
We're also reasonably certain
我们也有理由确信
you weren't the one running around
当事情出了岔子
killing people when things went south.
不是你在到处杀人掩盖事实
Tell us about Ubient.
跟我们说说乌比恩公司
Give us names, and we'll do what we can for you.
说出那些人的名字,我们帮你宽大处理
I'm not telling you anything about where the money came from.
我不会告诉你们资金来源
You think they're gonna pay you to carry the weight on this?
你觉得你一人承担,他们会付你钱吗
It's got nothing to do with getting paid.
跟钱没关系
I'll tell you about the study,
我会告诉你们整个研究项目
I'll take responsibility for the deaths,
所有的人命都算在我头上
but I will never say a word about the funding.
但我绝不会告诉你们资助者是谁
I'd like my lawyer now.
请把我的律师找来
Why would he go to prison for the rest of his life
为何他宁愿被关在监狱里一辈子
just to protect his bosses?
也要保护他的老板呢
No one gives up everything just for a corporation.
没人会为了公司而放弃一切
No, that kind of resolve...
不会,那样的决心...
This is personal to him.
此事必定带有私人感情
You think we were wrong about Ubient.
你觉得在乌比恩这事上,我们想错了
They didn't give him the money.
他们没给他钱
Dr. Kirke is not protecting a company.
科克医生保护的不是公司
He's protecting a person.
他保护的是一个人
There some reason we can't turn the lights on?
不开灯有什么原因吗
Yes.
是的
The sensor is remarkably sophisticated.
传感器极其精密
It's virtually impossible to approach it
在不触怒奥丁的情况下
without incurring Odin's wrath.
几乎不可能靠近它
You have approached Odin.
你正在接近奥丁
There isn't enough time
警报响起之前
to deactivate it before the alarm goes off.
没有时间解除装置
However... You have ten seconds to back away.
但是... 请在十秒内后退
Ten. Nine.
十,九
Eight. Seven.
八,七
If you manipulate the electrolytic capacitor
如果你使用一次性相机上的电容器
on a disposable camera and run our rigging
并给传动装置
through a suitable load coil,
接上一个合适的负载线圈
You can generate an electromagnetic pulse
就能产生电磁脉冲
Two. One. Capable of scrambling the alarm's electronics.
二,一,从而干扰警报的电子装备
As you can see, the Norseman falls quite silent.
如你所见,古挪威人悄然沦陷了
You ruined the rest of the electronics.
你毁掉了其余的电子设备
You didn't beat the alarm if you can't steal the car.
如果偷不了车你也不能算是解除了警报
Actually, electronic devices
实际上,电子设备运作时
are more susceptible to an EMP if they're turned on.
都很容易受到电子脉冲影响
You simply calibrate the pulse
你只需适当调整脉冲
so it doesn't affect
这样它就不会影响
the automobile's dormant electronics,
汽车上处于休眠状态的电子设备
And the prize is yours.
那这车就是你的囊中之物了
An electromagnetic pulse.
电磁脉冲
Well, I never would've thought of that.
我还真没想过这个
Yes, well, you're a burglar.
你是个盗贼
You're a very good one,
非常出色的盗贼
but you're not an electrical engineer.
但你不是一个电子工程师
Well, neither are you.
你也不是
So we haven't talked about the meetings.
我们还没说互助会的事情呢
What's up?
怎么样
You coming back?
你回来吗
Yeah, I can't promise
对,我不能保证
I'm gonna find any more meaning in them, but...
我会在那里找到意义,但是...
I respect you and everything you have done for me.
我尊重你和你为我做的一切
So if you want me there, I'll go.
如果你希望我去,那我就去
Think that'd be a good idea.
我觉得这主意不错
Watson.
华生
Hey, I got your message to call,
我收到你让我打电话的信息了
but if you're still with Alfredo...
但如果你还在跟阿弗雷多...
No, we're just finishing up.
我们这边刚结束
So what's going on?
有什么新消息吗
I think I know who funded
我想我知道是谁资助
Dwyer Kirke's illegal trial.
德威尔·科克的非法试验了
Hello?
你好
Good evening!
晚上好
We'd like a quick word with Jack Connaughton, please.
我们想和杰克·康诺顿谈一下
I'm afraid Mr. Connaughton isn't feeling well this evening.
康诺顿先生今晚不太舒服
I'm confident he'll make time for us.
我相信他会抽出时间见我们的
Tell him our business involves an illegal clinical trial,
跟他说我们要跟他谈谈非法临床试验
several murders and a drug which promises its users
几宗谋杀以及一种能让使用者感受到
a kind of immortality.
类似永生的药物
Thank you, Brett.
谢谢布雷特
Something to drink?
要喝点什么吗
I don't touch the hard stuff myself anymore.
我已经不再喝酒了
Mr. Connaughton,
康诺顿先生
did you know the NYPD
你知道今天纽约警局
arrested a man named Dwyer Kirke today?
抓了一个叫德威尔·科克的人吗
He's been pursuing the invention of time-dilating drugs.
他在发明能让时间膨胀的药物
I hadn't heard that.
没听说过
At first, we assumed
一开始,我们以为
that Mr. Kirke was working
科克先生是在为他
on behalf of his employers at Ubient Pharmaceutical.
乌比恩制药公司的雇主做研究
But he's been strangely reticent to name his sponsors.
但他对资助者的名字三缄其口
That led us to believe
这让我们相信
that he was being funded by a private benefactor.
他其实是由私人赞助的
You know Dwyer Kirke, don't you?
你认识德威尔·科克,对吧
Name sounds familiar.
名字很耳熟
Well, the two of you crossed paths
在你的第一项专利
not long after you sold your first patent
以两千万售出后不久
for $20 million.
你们就认识了
You set up a scholarship fund
你成立了一项奖学金基金
for promising kids from inner-city neighborhoods.
专门针对平民区里有出息的孩子
Your charity pulled him out of a terrible school
你的慈善组织让他离开那所破烂学校
and placed him into the Appleford Academy,
从而就读于艾普福德学院
and you gave his aunt a stipend
你还定期给他姑妈津贴
to help raise him.
来帮助抚养他长大
We've helped a lot of kids.
我们帮助过很多孩子
But he's the one you called
但当你得知自己
when you learned that you were dying
患有肺动脉高血压
of pulmonary hypertension, isn't he?
活不了多久时你联系的是他,对吧
I haven't told anyone about my diagnosis.
我没跟任何人说我的诊断结果
You paid Dwyer Kirke
你给德威尔·科克钱
to develop E-Zed-M.
来开发易泽姆
He owed you everything,
他欠你太多
so he obliged.
所以答应了
You were looking for a pharmaceutical fountain of youth.
你要找的是一种医药上的青春之泉
A way to prolong your perception
助你在仅存于世的日子里
of the time you have left on this earth.
延长你对时间的感知
Weeks could feel like months-- years, even.
会觉得几周像数月,甚至数年
It wouldn't be the best of lives,
这的确不是最好的生活
but at least you could work.
但你至少可以工作
Beats the grave, in any case.
不论如何都比死亡要好
I'm not saying that I...
我不是说我
have anything to do with this trial,
跟这个试验有任何关系
but what you're describing
但你描述的事情
sounds incredible.
听起来棒极了
It should elicit praise,
应该给予嘉奖
not threats of arrest.
而非逮捕的威胁
We will prove that you founded Purgatorium, Incorporated...
我们会证明你创立了普格图瑞公司
just as we will prove that you had
正如我们会证明你找人
surviving trial participants executed.
杀害活下来的试验参与者
Admit what you did.
承认你的罪行
Do it now,
现在说
and we will see to your comfort in your final days.
我们会保证你最后的日子能安然度过
Brett...
布雷特
I'm tired.
我累了
I'd like to go to bed.
想去休息了
The man's facing death.
这人已经将死
we have precious little leverage over him.
我们能和他谈条件的筹码太少了
Maybe Jack Connaughton isn't the one we should be appealing to.
也许我们不该去找杰克·康诺顿谈
I don't know why you asked me
我不懂你们为什么
to come in here.
叫我过来
I'm just a nurse.
我只是个护士
I'm not involved in any of this.
我跟这事毫无关系
Well, in my experience, Mr. Won,
从我的经验来看,王先生
employees in the homes of the very wealthy
巨富家中的雇员
are often seen as little more than sentient furniture.
通常只不过被当作有感知的家具
As such, their overseers will often do
因此,雇主常会在他们面前
or say things in their company
做些或说些他们绝不会
they would never share in public.
在公众面前分享的事
You've cared for Jack Connaughton
过去九个月你一直在
for the last nine months.
照顾杰克·康诺顿
Did you hear anything strange during that time?
这段期间你听到过什么奇怪的事吗
Brett...
布雷特
People are dead.
人们因此而丧命
I can't talk to any of you about this.
我不能跟你们说这些
I signed a Nondisclosure Agreement
接受这份工作时
when I took this job.
我签过保密协议
I could get sued.
我会被起诉的
There isn't an NDA
这世上没什么
on this planet that can protect against
保密协议能保护
criminal activity.
犯罪行为
That's Marissa Ledbetter.
这是马瑞莎·莱德贝特
She was a nurse, too.
她也是名护士
These are the men
这些是
that signed up for the study.
参加这项研究的人
Two of them are missing.
其中两人失踪
Two of them are dead.
两人已经死亡
Their families don't have closure.
他们的家人无法释怀
You can help us bring it to 'em.
你可以帮助他们
A little while back...
前阵子...
Mr. Connaughton had me look
康诺顿先生让我
through his safe for a business card.
在他的保险柜里找一张名片
When I was in the safe, I saw a bunch of papers
当我打开保险柜时,我看到一叠纸
with the name of the business you asked him about on them.
上面写着你们问他的那家公司
Purgatorium, incorporated.
普格图瑞公司
I found the business card.
我找到了名片
It-it didn't have any names on it,
上面没有名字
Just a phone number.
只有个电话号码
He called the number, and two men came over.
他打了那个号码,来了两个男人
They didn't introduce themselves.
他们没有介绍自己
They made a point of not introducing themselves.
他们是故意不这么做的
I heard most of what they talked about.
我听到了他们的大部分谈话
Mr. Connaughton...
康诺顿先生
mentioned these men.
提到这些人
Said they all had to be "taken care of."
说他们都得被除掉
Jack Connaughton,
杰克·康诺顿
Wake up.
醒醒
You're under arrest.
你被捕了
What's wrong with him?
他怎么了
His pulse is okay.
脉搏正常
I don't think it's from the hypertension.
应该不是高血压发作了
He's taken a dose of Dr. Kirke's medicine.
他注射了一剂科克医生的药
These are unlabeled, but I'll wager
瓶上没有标签,但我打赌
they contained E-Zed-M.
其中肯定含有易泽姆
That drug kills people, doesn't it?
那药不是会害死人吗
Dr. Kirke believes it also dilates time.
科克医生相信它也能让时间膨胀
If Mr. Connaughton thought he was going to be arrested for murder,
如果唐诺顿先生知道自己即将因谋杀被捕
why not extend his last few hours of freedom?
为何不延长他最后几小时的自由时光
The most he'd have to lose is a few weeks of life.
他失去的最多不过几周的生命
We need EMS down here.
赶紧找医护人员过来
You think his brain is just tearing itself apart,
你觉得他的大脑只是在高速运转
or is he just living in there?
还是他活在自己的幻觉里
I don't know.
不好说
The best we can do is wait for him to come around and...
我们只能等他醒来,然后...
see how much of Jack Connaughton is left when he does.
看杰克·康诺顿还记得多少
You know, I've been thinking.
知道吗,我在想
If it helps to have me around, even for a little bit,
如果我在身边对你有帮助,即使只有一点作用
I can come back for a while.
我可以暂时搬回来
That's very kind of you, Watson.
你真好心,华生
But it's a temporary malaise.
但我只是暂时的萎靡不振
It's nothing more.
仅此而已
I will be fine.
我会没事的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
establishment [is'tæbliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 确立,制定,设施,机构,权威

联想记忆
presence ['prezns]

想一想再看

n. 出席,到场,存在
n. 仪态,风度

 
victim ['viktim]

想一想再看

n. 受害者,牺牲

 
rancid ['rænsid]

想一想再看

adj. 腐臭的,令人反感的

联想记忆
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
sobriety [səu'braiəti]

想一想再看

n. 清醒,严肃,节制

联想记忆
criminal ['kriminl]

想一想再看

adj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的
n. 罪犯

联想记忆
incentive [in'sentiv]

想一想再看

adj. 刺激的,鼓励的
n. 刺激,鼓励,动

联想记忆
arrest [ə'rest]

想一想再看

vt. 逮捕,拘留
n. 逮捕,拘留

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。