Previously on Elementary...
《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
Excuse me.
你好
What's your problem?
你有什么意见
My problem is I don't like being followed.
我的意见是我不喜欢被跟踪
Your problem is that I know what you look like now.
而你的麻烦是我现在知道你的模样了
Don't move, the police are on their way.
别动,警察马上就到
You work for Sherlock.
你是为夏洛克工作的
I don't work for anyone. I'm his new partner.
我不为任何人工作,我是他的新搭档
I'm a mentor, Watson. I-I'm a teacher.
我是个导师,华生,我是个老师
I realized it wasn't you I was afraid of losing,
我意识到我害怕的不是失去你
it was our relationship.
而是我们之间的关系
Then I realized I could do it again.
我发现可以再来一次
So you dug up that girl?
所以你找了那女孩
Kitty.
凯蒂
I told Captain Gregson I was okay
我跟格雷森警监说了
with you coming back to the precinct.
我对你回警局工作没有意见
I'm even okay with, uh, Kitty.
凯蒂的事我也没意见
I'm very glad to hear that.
我很高兴你这么说
We're still not partners.
但我们仍然不是搭档
We'll work on our own cases, of course.
当然我们会各自查案
But if you ever need a consultation
但如果你需要建议
or fresh eyes on something, whatever...
或者不同的视角,随便什么
I-I'm available.
可以找我
As I am to you.
我也一样
That's her, huh?
就是她了是吧
The new partner?
新搭档
Miss Winter is my protege, not my partner.
温特小姐是我的徒弟,不是搭档
The captain insisted on a thorough vetting process,
警监坚持要对她进行全面审核
including this face-to-face,
包括这次面试
before he grants his approval that she assists me.
才允许她协助我
You're staring.
你在盯着我看
I'm just letting it sink in. You're really back.
我就是消化一下,你真回来了
You are as keen an observer as ever, Detective.
洞察力敏锐一如既往,警探
Soon you will deduce it is daytime,
很快你就能推测出现在是白天
and we are standing in a police station.
而我们身处警局中了
So, where'd you find her? MI6?
你在哪找到她的,军情六处吗
She's, in fact, a civilian.
实际上,她是个平民
She was referred to me by a colleague at Scotland Yard.
是苏格兰场的一位同事引荐给我的
A boy had gone missing,
一名男孩失踪了
and she had some unique insights into the matter.
她对案件有些独到的见解
She helped identify his abductor,
协助我锁定了绑架者
and then insisted on taking none of the credit.
之后坚持不留名
I could not help but be reminded of my younger self.
我禁不住想起年轻时的自己
Of course, you couldn't.
你当然禁不住
Speaking of.
说到这个
The homicide that's been plaguing you,
那件让你头痛不已的谋杀案
the file on your desk.
你桌子上的那份卷宗
The file that was in my drawer?
你是说我抽屉里的那份卷宗
The accumulated coffee rings suggested
多个咖啡杯渍说明
you were at an impasse.
你陷入了僵局
The neighbor in apartment 3-B is your killer.
住在隔壁3B公寓的住户是你要找的凶手
The marks on the victim
那些你认为是
you were assuming were fingernail scratches,
由指甲造成的抓痕
I submit they were made by bird talons.
我认为是由鸟类的尖爪造成
Specifically, those of a blue-throated macaw.
更详细些,是一只蓝喉金刚鹦鹉
The precinct had received a number of complaints
分局收到了许多
about the noise of the parrot in apartment 3-B,
有关隔壁3B公寓的鹦鹉制造噪声的投诉
all prior to the day of the murder,
全部都在凶案发生之前
at which point the complaints abruptly ceased.
之后投诉就突然终止了
So, my vic gets fed up with the noise, kills the bird,
所以,被害人受够了噪声,把鸟杀了
gets a few scratches for his troubles,
因此被抓了几下
then 3-B finds out and kills him.
然后3B的住户发现了,就杀了他
You're staring again.
你又盯着我了
I'm just letting it sink in again.
我就是再消化一下
You're really back.
你真的回来了
Hello?
喂
Theo, I know you said not to call.
西奥,我知道你说过别打电话
Somebody's found me, somebody knows.
但有人找上我了,有人知道了
Who is this?
你是谁
Who is this?
你又是谁
Where's Theo?
西奥呢
This is Thomas Gregson of the NYPD.
我是纽约警局的汤玛斯·格雷森
Mr. Fordham is unavailable.
福德姆先生现在不方便接听
Now, who am I speaking to?
你是哪位
What happened? Wh-what's going on?
发生了什么,怎么回事
Oh, my God.
天啊
There's someone here.
有人来了
Sir?
先生
No, please. Try to stay calm.
不,求你,试着保持冷静
Tell us where you are.
告诉我们你的位置
No, no, no, no. So that we can send help.
不不不,我们好派人去帮助您
No! Look, I'll give you anything.
不,我什么都可以给你
Anything you want!
你想要什么都行
Sir?
先生
Sir? Sir? Hello? Hello?!
先生,先生,喂,喂
Hello?
喂
Watson.
华生
The captain already asked me to take this one.
警监已经让我负责这案子了
Yes. Of course he did.
对,当然了
Might I ask you to consider an extenuating circumstance?
我能请你考虑一种情有可原的情况吗
Two men receive envelopes from an anonymous sender.
两个人同时收到由匿名寄件人寄出的信封
Each envelope empty, except for five orange plastic beads.
信封里除了五粒橙色的塑料珠子别无他物
Then, within hours of one another, both men are murdered.
之后,两人在几小时内,先后被杀
It's unlikely I'll find another case
我不可能再找到一件案子
even half as worthy of my attention.
能引起我对这件案子一半的兴趣了
I could say the same thing.
我也一样
And indeed you should.
这也是当然
Well, I guess it was bound to happen.
我想这也是必然
Sometimes we're gonna be interested in the same cases.
有时我们肯定会对同样的案件感兴趣
Sometimes.
有时确实会
Two bodies, two detectives?
两具尸体,两名侦探
What about your new friend? Where's she?
你的新朋友呢,她在哪
I dispatched Kitty to the site of the first murder.
我派凯蒂去第一起凶案的现场了
The Crime Scene Unit had a backlog last night,
犯罪现场小组昨晚分身乏术
and they're only processing it just now.
他们刚刚才去处理现场
So, she'll take photographs, observe Detective Bell.
所以她去拍拍照,观摩贝尔警探
It's a somewhat menial task, but she has much to learn.
都是些琐事,但她还有不少要学
The first victim was a lawyer named Theodore Fordham.
第一名被害人是律师,名叫西奥·福德姆
Victim number two, the man who was on the phone
第二名被害人,也就是在被射杀前
with Gregson before he was shot...
与格雷森通话的人
Elias Openshaw.
叫伊莱斯·奥彭肖
And you knew that how?
你怎么知道的
The Pipz, aka "The beads."
那些滚珠,也就是"那些珠子"
They're from a toy which was implicated in the deaths
是玩具上的,这种玩具
of a number of children last year.
与去年数名儿童的死亡有关
Mr. Openshaw ran the company which manufactured them.
而玩具由奥彭肖先生的公司生产
Mr. Fordham was his criminal defense attorney.
福德姆先生是他的辩护律师
Some of the Pipz, you see, were poison.
有些滚珠是有毒的
Ordinarily, they were made from non-toxic plastic.
通常情况下,它们是由无毒塑料制成的
But the factory in India which produced them
而印度的工厂为了省钱
exchanged one chemical for another in order to save money,
用一种化学物质代替了另一种
and the resulting beads metabolized
导致珠子在被吞入人体之后
into a drug when swallowed.
会因代谢产生一种药物
The drug was GHB.
迷幻剂
I saw enough GHB overdoses during my ER rotation.
我在急诊室轮岗时见多了迷幻剂过量的病人
Club kids, date rape victims...
泡吧的孩子,约会被迷奸的被害人
So, how many children swallowed the beads?
有多少孩子吞下了这珠子
Nine that were hospitalized.
入院就医的有九人
Four of them did not survive.
其中四人死亡
Explains why someone wanted this guy dead.
难怪有人想这人死
So, these bruises on his abdomen...
他腹部的这些瘀痕
could be he was hit by a car,
可能是他被车撞后留下的
maybe a few weeks before he died.
也许是他死前几周
Another, less successful attempt on his life, perhaps?
大概是另一次索命未遂的尝试吧
It's the captain, he wants to see me about the case.
是警监,他想找我讨论案情
I'll tell him you'll be joining.
我跟他说你也会去
Until his past caught up with him last night,
在昨晚他自食苦果之前
Elias Openshaw had been living as a fugitive.
伊莱斯·奥彭肖一直是个逃犯
Agent Boden here was point on the Feds' search,
这位博登探员是联调局负责搜查的
so I asked him to come in and bring us up to speed.
所以我让他来给我们介绍下情况
The FBI charged Openshaw with murder.
联调局以谋杀罪名起诉奥彭肖
So, you believe he knew the toys were poison
所以你们相信他对玩具有毒一事知情
but sold them anyway.
但仍然售卖了玩具
We didn't believe, we had proof.
不是相信,我们有证据
He issued a recall after it was too late,
他曾宣布召回它们,但已经太迟了
but we arrested him and seized the inventory.
我们逮捕了他,并缴获了库存
Then, while he was awaiting trial, he skipped bail.
但在候审期间,他保释期间逃逸了
He'd been in hiding ever since.
从那之后他就躲起来了
But we always figured his lawyer, Fordham,
但我们一直认为是他的律师福德姆
was helping him stay at large.
在协助他潜逃
Any suspects leap out based on your knowledge of the case?
基于你对案子的了解,有什么嫌疑人吗
Starting, most obviously, with the parents of children who died?
很显然,应该从那些失去孩子的父母查起
Well, there's a list in there.
里面有一份名单
But aside from them... no, not yet.
但除了他们,暂时没别的发现
All right.
好吧
Thanks.
谢了
Hey, I heard you had a knack for missing persons.
我听说你擅长寻找失踪人口
You know, I've never been to London.
我从没去过伦敦
Hear it's a lot like New York.
听说那里跟纽约很像
I guess you guys don't get the same number
我猜你们那不像这里一样
of gun deaths over there as we do, huh?
有这么多枪杀案吧
Not many countries do.
没几个国家有这么多
Don't!
别碰我
I just wanted to make sure you saw where you were going.
我只想确保你看到脚下了
I wouldn't have stepped there. I know what I'm doing.
我不会踩上去的,我知道自己在干什么
I'll keep that in mind.
我会记住这句话的
Sherlock, he sent through a list
是夏洛克,他发来了一份
of the parents whose children died.
死亡儿童的父母名单
The postal code the orange beads were mailed from,
寄来橙色珠子的邮编
it matches the address of one of the parents... Gabe Coleman.
跟其中一个人的地址相符,加布·科尔曼
I'll let the captain know.
我去告诉警监
I don't know what more I can tell you
我不知道还有什么能告诉你的
than what I already told the other cops.
该说的我都跟其他警察说过了
Other cops?
其他警察
What other cops, Mr. Coleman?
什么其他警察,科尔曼先生
Somebody broke into the building last night.
昨晚有人闯进了楼里
It was probably just some kids, nobody was missing anything.
可能只是几个小孩,没人丢东西
Some other cops came by... I told them that I wasn't around.
来了几个警察,我跟他们说了我当时不在
Do you mind telling us where you were last night?
你介意告诉我们你昨晚在哪吗
Do you mind telling me what this is about?
你介意告诉我出了什么事吗
I assume you know the name Elias Openshaw.
我想你知道伊莱斯·奥彭肖这个名字吧
Of course I do.
我当然知道
Well, he was murdered a little after 9:30 last night.
他昨晚九点三十几被杀了
His lawyer is dead, too.
他的律师也死了
Someone finally found him.
终于有人找到他了
Openshaw.
奥彭肖
Do you mind telling us where you were
你介意告诉我们你昨晚
between the hours of 9:00 P.M. And 10:00 P.M.?
九点到十点之间在哪里吗
Uh... working.
我在工作
I, uh... in my car, mostly.
通常都在我车里
I service vending machines around the city, night shift.
我维修城里的自动售货机,上夜班
Was anyone with you?
有人跟你一起吗
No, I was alone.
没有,只有我一个
Elias Openshaw took more than your son from you, did he not?
伊莱斯·奥彭肖不只夺走了你的儿子,对吗
In the aftermath of that terrible tragedy,
在那场悲剧之后
you lost your career,
你失去了你的事业
marriage.
还有婚姻
I remember reading about a Mrs. Coleman.
我记得曾看过关于科尔曼太太的报道
And it's apparent here that you live alone.
而且很明显你现在是一个人住
You can appreciate why we would want to speak with you
你能理解我们为什么想跟你聊聊
in the light of Mr. Openshaw's murder.
奥彭肖先生的谋杀案吧
Lots of people hated him.
很多人都恨他
It's true.
确实
But whoever killed him sent him a package.
但杀他的人给他寄了个东西
An envelope from this zip code.
一个印有这里邮编的信封
And that makes me the killer?
所以我成凶手了吗
It make you a person of interest.
所以你成了嫌疑人
I didn't do it.
不是我干的
Well, then you wouldn't mind if our guys look around the place?
那你不会介意我们在你家看看吧
You people... you're amazing.
你们这些人,你们真行
You lose the guy who murdered my son,
你们弄丢了杀害我儿子的人
you put me through hell.
让我经受地狱般的痛苦
My wife...
我的妻子...
And now, someone does your job for you, and you just come here?
现在有人替你们完成了工作,你们就来这里
You harass me?
就来骚扰我
Mr. Coleman, you're not making this easy.
科尔曼先生,你这样帮不上忙
Why should I?
我为什么要帮忙
Why should I make it easy for you?
我为什么要帮你们
You want to accuse me of something i didn't do?
你们想因为我没干的事而指控我吗
You want to tear my apartment up,
你们想把我的公寓翻个底朝天
you do it the hard way, you get a warrant.
没那么容易,拿搜查令来
What if I'd been an intruder?
我要是个闯入者怎么办
I suppose you'd have gotten away with my paint.
那你就得满身油漆地离开了
Yeah, paint.
对,油漆
Have you forgotten everything I told you about my sensitivities?
你忘了我跟你说的我很敏感的事了吗
I'm not allowed to move in, make the place my own?
我不能搬进来,让这里有些我的特色吗
Mm. Watson never felt the need.
华生从没有过这种需要
Yeah, well, I'm not Watson.
可我不是华生
How'd it go with my suspect? Coleman?
我的嫌疑人科尔曼怎么样了
He failed to provide a compelling alibi,
他无法提供可信的不在场证明
and then refused to allow the police to search his home.
并拒绝警察搜查他的家
I'm inclined to think he's innocent.
我认为他是清白的
For starters, he seemed genuinely surprised
他听到奥彭肖的死讯时
at the news of Openshaw's death.
看起来真的很惊讶
Yeah, 'cause no one's ever faked being surprised.
对,因为没人能假装惊讶
Yes, well, you weren't there.
你当时又不在场
No, I wasn't.
对,我不在
I was supposed to wait for you?
我应该等你吗
Allow our suspect more time to flee?
让我们的嫌疑人有更多时间逃走
Perhaps take another life?
也许再杀一个人
I suppose it didn't matter, then, did it?
那就没关系了,对吧
The detail I spotted was useless.
我发现的细节反正也没用
In point of fact, your observation was the opposite of useless.
实际上,你的观察力非常有用
It is because the envelopes were mailed
正因为那些信封是
from Coleman's post code that I believe he's not the killer.
从科尔曼的邮编处寄出的我才相信他不是凶手
His work takes him all over the city.
他的工作让他满城跑
Given the slightest instinct for self-preservation,
即使再缺乏自我保护的本能
could he not have just mailed those beads from somewhere else?
他也该从别的地方寄出那些珠子吧
Do you think someone's setting him up?
你觉得有人在陷害他
I think it's a distinct possibility.
我觉得很有可能
I've said as much to Watson and the captain.
我跟华生和警监也是这么说的
Mr. Coleman's innocence, on the other hand,
不过,科尔曼先生的清白
is a virtual certainty.
是板上钉钉的事实
Mr. Coleman? Hi.
科尔曼先生,你好
Um, I'm Joan. I met you earlier?
我是乔恩,我们之前见过
Yeah, you work with the captain. I'm on my way to see him now.
对,你和警监共事,我是来找他的
Oh, I can take him. Thanks.
我可以带他去,谢了
Do you mind me asking what this is about?
我能问问你来干什么吗
I did it.
是我干的
I killed Openshaw and his lawyer.
我杀了奥彭肖和他的律师
Everything's in my car.
所有东西都在我的车里
The beads that I used, and the envelopes and the gun.
我用的珠子,信封还有枪
And I came here because I want to confess.
我是来自首的
So, ballistics has completed their analysis of the gun that you surrendered.
你带来的那把枪的弹道分析已经完成了
Would you like to know what they found?
想知道他们发现什么了吗
They confirmed
他们确认
it was the weapon used to murder Openshaw and Fordham.
那把枪就是杀害奥彭肖和福德姆的凶器
You sound surprised.
你听起来很惊讶
You look surprised.
你看起来很惊讶
Or rather, as though you didn't know what I was going to say.
确切地说,似乎你并不知道我刚才要说什么
Earlier, you mentioned there had been a break-in at your building
之前你提到你不在家的时候
while you were away, but that no one reported anything stolen.
楼里有人闯入,但没人上报丢东西
See, I believe that's because
我相信这是因为
the intruder planted things instead.
闯入者留下了一些东西
After we left, you found a gun
在我们走后,你找到了
and other evidence hidden in your home.
藏在你家里的枪和其他证据
And faced with the discovery that you were being framed,
在你发现自己被陷害了之后
you decided to go along with it.
你决定顺势认罪
No.
不
I did it. I killed Openshaw and his lawyer.
是我干的,我杀了奥彭肖和他的律师
Did you? So, who did you kill first?
是吗,那你先杀的谁
I don't have to talk to you.
我没必要跟你说
No, you don't.
是,你不用跟我说
But I can assure you...
但我可以向你保证
I am the most likely individual in the world
我是这世界上最有可能
to prove that you are not the real killer.
证明你不是凶手的人
So if you want everyone to keep believing that you are,
所以如果你想让所有人相信你是凶手
perhaps you should make some effort
那你也许该努点力
to persuade me why I should allow it.
说服我同意你这么做
I don't have to tell you anything except I did it.
我没什么好说的,就是我干的
I killed Openshaw.
我杀了奥彭肖
I wanted to for a long time.
我早就想这么做了
I loved two people in this world,
这世上两个我最爱的人
and I lost both of them because of him.
就因为他,都离我而去了
Your son... and your wife.
你儿子,还有你妻子
The wife who left you.
她离开了你
Things were never the same after Dylan died.
迪伦死后,一切都不一样了
Amy was angry...
艾米很生气
At you.
生你的气
That's what this is about, is it not?
就是因为这个,对吧
She wanted you to do something.
她希望你做点什么
I wanted to.
我也想
I was angry, too.
我也很愤怒
But I couldn't do anything.
可我什么都做不了
I couldn't even get out of bed to go to work.
我甚至无法起身下床去工作
So let's say I am being framed.
就算我是被陷害的吧
If that were true...
如果真是这样
I'd take that fall.
我也认了
I know it wouldn't get Amy back,
我知道这无法赢回艾米
but at least she would know
但起码能让她知道
that I'm the one who got the guy.
是我干掉了那家伙
But like I said, no one's framing anyone.
但如我所说,没有陷害这回事
When am I going to meet this Andrew guy?
我什么时候能见见这位安德鲁啊
I thought we were supposed to get drinks.
我们不是要去喝几杯吗
We will. He's just still in that
会的,只是他还处在那种
"Hogging what little time he gets with me" phase.
争分夺秒只想跟我共度二人世界的阶段
Sounds nice.
够甜蜜的啊
So, Hawes finished examining the bruises on Openshaw's body.
言归正传,霍斯检验了奥彭肖尸体上的瘀青
He thinks they might be from a van or a small SUV,
他认为他在三到四周前
maybe around three or four weeks ago.
可能被面包车或小型SUV撞过
You think you could help me dig into some traffic reports around that time?
你能帮我查查那段时间的交通报告吗
I'll make some calls.
我打电话问问
Okay, thanks.
好,谢了
Sherlock. "Spoke again with FBI Agent Boden.
是夏洛克,"我又跟联调局的博登探员聊了聊
"All other affected families ruled out as suspects.
其他几个受害家庭都排除嫌疑了
"Kitty and I en route to prosecutor of Pipz case
凯蒂和我正要去见滚珠案的检察官
"in hopes of new insight.
希望有新线索
"Please join."
请加入我们"
What do you think of her?
你觉得她怎么样
The new... you. Kitty?
那个新版的你,凯蒂
Oh, let's just say, we didn't get off to the greatest start.
只能说,我跟她的开局不算很完美
I guess I'm still getting to know her.
我想我还在了解她
Yeah, but she seems pretty... intense, right?
不过她看起来挺...剑拔弩张的,对吧
Oh, that's a word for it.
可以这么说吧
I don't mean to go second-guessing the captain...
我不是想质疑警监
I know he signed off...
我知道他已经签字了
but when you were working with Holmes,
不过你以前和福尔摩斯一起工作时
it was like you helped keep him stable.
感觉你能帮助他保持稳定
I look at this new girl.
可这个新的姑娘
Stable's not the first word that comes to mind.
首先让我想到的可不是"稳定"
Anyway, i'll let you know if something turns up?
总之,有消息我会告诉你的
Thanks.
谢了
That was something.
真了不起
Back at the station... what you guessed about that man.
在局里的时候,你对那男人的猜想
I never guess.
我从不靠猜想
It's a shocking habit, destructive to the logical faculty.
这是很不好的习惯,会破坏逻辑体系
We observe, and then we deduce.
我们要靠观察,然后做出推理
You invited Watson.
你邀请了华生
I did.
是的
Did you think I couldn't handle a simple meeting?
你觉得我应付不了一个简单的会面吗
Did you forget that we're co-consulting?
你忘了我们是联合顾问吗
Watson.
华生
Kitty.
凯蒂
Mr. Holmes?
福尔摩斯先生
Angela White, Assistant U.S. Attorney.
我是安吉拉·怀特,国家助理检察官
These are my colleagues, Miss Watson and Miss Winter.
这两位是我同事,华生小姐和温特小姐
Thank you very much for taking the time to speak with us.
非常感谢你抽时间见我们
I've seen you on TV, haven't I?
你上过电视,对吧
Occupational hazard.
工作的弊端
Come on back, let me see if I can be of help.
来吧,看看我能不能帮上忙
I heard about Gabe Coleman's arrest for the murders.
我听说加布·科尔曼因为谋杀被捕了
The whole thing is just tragic.
这整件事真是一场悲剧
Obviously, your preparations would've
显然,你在准备案件期间
brought you in contact with Mr. Coleman.
跟科尔曼先生有过联系
Yeah, and I spoke with him and his wife many times,
对,我跟他和他太太聊过好几次
along with the other families who lost their children.
还有其他几个失去了孩子的家庭
Guys, you can finish that later. Thanks.
伙计们,等会再来弄吧,谢谢
"Osamashaw."
奥萨马肖
Oh. Bad joke.
乱开玩笑的
One of my staffers.
我一个员工干的
Some journalist wrote
有个记者写文
that Openshaw was this office's bin Laden.
说奥彭肖就是我们这届政府的本·拉登
We knew he was out there, we just couldn't find him.
大家都知道他还在世上,但就是找不到他
You know, the frustrating thing was
知道吗,最让人沮丧的是
that we had him dead to rights.
我们已经能给他定罪了
We had a paper trail proving that this guy knew the toys were poison,
我们有书面记录能证明这家伙明知道玩具有毒
and he rolled the dice with the kids' lives anyway.
却还是决定拿孩子们的性命孤注一掷
You know, if Mr. Coleman had just come to us,
如果科尔曼先生能来找我们
if he told us that he'd located Mr. Openshaw,
能告诉我们他知道奥彭肖先生在哪
none of this had to happen.
这一切都可以避免了
Well, actually, Miss White,
事实上,怀特小姐
we've come here because we believe that recent events
我们这次过来,是因为最近的事件
may be more tragic than you imagine.
可能比你想象的更悲惨
We think Gabe Coleman is innocent.
我们认为加布·科尔曼是无辜的
We?
我们
We were hoping you might be able to steer us in another direction.
我们希望你也许能给我们一个新的角度
I'm sorry. I heard he'd confessed.
抱歉,可我听说他已经认罪了
He did. We think he's covering up for someone.
没错,可我们认为他是在掩护别人
Have you looked into the other parents?
你们调查过其他父母了吗
Alibis all around.
他们都有不在场证明
Well, I'm sorry. I don't see how I can help.
抱歉,我不知道能怎么帮你们
You were surveilling the other victim, Openshaw's lawyer?
你监视过另一名受害者,奥彭肖的律师
The FBI was, at my instruction, yes.
是联调局执行的,在我的指示下,对
We didn't violate privilege,
我们并没侵犯他的权力
but as long as he was in public, we were allowed to tail him.
只要他出现在公共场合,我们就有权跟踪他
We were hoping he'd lead us to Openshaw.
我们希望他能带我们找到奥彭肖
It seems likely from Mr. Fordham's death
从福德姆先生的死亡来看
that somebody else had a very similar idea.
很可能还有人打着同样的主意
Perhaps reviewing the surveillance footage
也许检查一下你们的监控录像
that you have would help us identify that individual,
能帮我们找到那个人
so, we would be quite happy to...
我们会很开心能...
No. No, I'm sorry. That won't be possible.
不,抱歉,这不可能
When we were watching Fordham,
我们监视福德姆期间
he was regularly interacting with his other clients.
他会定期与他的其他委托人见面
I have a duty to protect their confidentiality.
我有责任保护这些人的隐私
But we can look at the footage internally.
但我们可以在内部自行检查那些录像
If anything jumps out...
如果有发现...
Your people can't do the job that we can.
你们的人可干不了我们能干的活
I'm sorry?
你说什么
Me and Mr. Holmes.
我和福尔摩斯先生
We can find things that they won't.
我们能发现别人发现不了的事
Maybe you're like Mr. Coleman.
也许你跟科尔曼先生一样
Maybe you don't want us to find the killer.
也许你不希望我们找到凶手
Maybe that's something the media would be curious to hear.
也许媒体会有兴趣听到这个消息
I think what my colleague is trying to say...
我想我的同事只是想说...
It was a pleasure meeting you.
很高兴见到你们
I will be in touch.
回头再联系
I screwed up, okay?
我搞砸了,行了吧
I know I screwed up. You don't have to say it.
我知道我搞砸了,你不用再说了
Oh, no, I want to.
不,我要说
You just accused an Assistant U.S. Attorney of obstruction.
你刚指控一位国家助理检察官妨碍公务
You've dashed any chance we might have had
你破坏了我们原本可能有的
of reviewing their surveillance of Openshaw's lawyer.
检查奥彭肖律师监控录像的任何机会
I was trying something.
我只想做点什么
Yes. Something stupid.
对,做蠢事
How many times do I have to tell you?
我还得跟你说多少次
You are not in competition with Watson.
你不用跟华生竞争
Ever since you started back up with her,
自从你回来重新跟她合作
it's like I've been demoted.
我就好像被降了一级
You used me in London, you gave me real work to do.
你在伦敦明明重用我,会给我实在的工作
Now I'm photographing bloody crime scenes,
可我现在就只能给该死的犯罪现场拍拍照了
watching her conduct interviews.
看着她主导谈话
Did it ever occur to you
你有没有想过
I might have invited her to join us for your benefit?
我邀请她加入也许是为你好呢
That putting you in a room as she and I work
在她和我工作的时候让你在场
might be a chance for you to observe?
也许是你学习的好机会呢
Why are we even bothering with this one?
为什么我们还管这个呢
This one what?
这个什么
This case.
这个案子
Two pieces of excrement are dead. It's helping him, so why can't we just give him his peace?
两个人渣都死了
You can't honestly believe that
你不会真的认为
life in prison is going to feel like peace for very long.
监狱的生活算是一种的成全吧
And your opinion of Messrs. Openshaw and Fordham aside,
撇开你对奥彭肖和福德姆先生的个人意见
we know very little about the actual motives
我们还不知道真正的作案动机
of an actual killer who is still at large.
凶手也还逍遥法外
I would've thought that you, more than most,
我之前都认为你绝不是
would be unwilling to allow a murderer to roam free
那种因为这个世界善恶无报
simply because the world accepts an inaccurate account of things.
就允许一个杀人凶手逍遥法外的人
I was just about to call you.
我刚想要打电话给你
I got a hit on those traffic reports
你之前让我查的交通事故报告
you asked me to look into.
我找到一条线索
The driver of a paratransit van
一辆大巴车的司机
was involved in an incident a few weeks ago.
几周前出了一次事故
He's on his way in for an interview.
他现在正赶过来接受调查
I thought you'd want to join.
你一定想参加
Should I let Holmes know, too?
要我也通知福尔摩斯吗
Sure, the more the merrier, right?
行啊,人越多越热闹呗
I don't know what you want me to say.
我不知道你们想让我说什么
I don't want any trouble.
我不想惹麻烦
Mr. Azeem, I promise you.
阿齐姆先生,我向你保证
You're not in any trouble,
你没惹麻烦
and no one wants to cause you any.
也没人想找你的麻烦
We just want to hear what happened.
我们只想了解一下事情的经过
Is this the man you hit with your van or not?
你的大巴车撞到的是这个人了吗
I'm turning onto Lexington.
我转弯到列克星敦路
The light turns green.
绿灯亮了
I go, and he runs in front of my van.
我刚启动,他就跑到了我的车前面
I stop... but I hit him.
我刹了车,但我撞到了他
I get out, I try to help, but he runs away.
我下了车想帮忙,但他跑掉了
That's it?
就是这样吗
Nothing else?
没别的了
Please. Tell me what you want me to say and I will say it.
告诉我你们想让我说什么,我说就是了
Mr. Azeem.
阿齐姆先生
If it's any help,
如果能让你安心的话
neither one of us are citizens of this country.
我们俩都不是这个国家的公民
You have our assurance, there will be no retribution
我们向你保证,无论你说了什么
against you for anything that you say.
都不会招致任何惩罚
Our only interest is the truth.
我们只关心事实的真相
When the man stand up, they stare at each other.
这人爬起来的时候,他们相互对视了一眼
Like he sees the devil.
就好像他看到了魔鬼一样
And then they both hurry off.
然后他们就都匆忙离开了
They both? So, Openshaw was staring at someone?
他们,奥彭肖当时在盯着谁看吗
Did you see who it was?
你看到是谁了吗
What?
怎么了
You're playing games with me.
你们明知故问
I don't want any trouble.
我不想惹麻烦
Mr. Azeem,
阿齐姆先生
what has happened, since coming into this room,
怎么回事,为何从你进屋开始
that gives you the impression we're trying to entrap you?
你就认定我们想给你下套呢
She is important lady.
她是个知名人士
Her picture is right there.
这里就有她的照片
Wait a second.
等等
You're saying you saw these two people,
你是说三周前
together, three weeks ago?
你看到这两个人在一起吗
Why don't you excuse us for a second, all right?
我们先失陪一下
Three weeks ago?
三周前
That's when Openshaw was on the lam.
那时奥彭肖正好在逃
What was it Miss White called him?
怀特小姐怎么称呼他来着
Her personal Bin Laden?
她个人的本拉登
It sounds like they crossed paths by accident.
听上去他们像是意外撞见的
Sure. But who bumps into their Bin Laden on the street
没错,但谁会在街上撞见要追捕的人后
and doesn't tell anyone?
不告诉任何人呢
It never happened.
根本没这回事
You did not cross paths
三周前你并没有
with Mr. Openshaw three weeks ago?
在路上撞见奥彭肖先生吗
Of course not.
当然没有
Well, like I said,
就像我说的
we got a witness who says otherwise.
我们的目击证人有不一样的说法
You said it yourself yesterday,
你昨天自己也说过
I'm on the news a lot.
我经常上新闻
This van driver of yours must've recognized me
这个大巴车司机肯定在电视上见过我
and gotten confused.
然后认错了人
It happens with witness testimony all the time.
证人证词中经常发生这种事
It's true. You are on the news a lot.
没错,你确实经常上新闻
I went back and reviewed some of the footage I'd seen.
我回去看过一些报道
They say you're a rising political star,
他们说你是一位当红的政治明星
that the New York U.S. Attorney's office
纽约国家检察官办公室
is traditionally a stepping stone,
通常都会作为一块垫脚石
and you're a shoo-in to run for congress next cycle.
你很有可能将会竞选下一届的国会议员
Must have been a boon to your political aspirations
奥彭肖之死
to no longer have Openshaw's disappearance
一定是解除了
hanging over your head.
你政坛道路上的后顾之忧吧
I'm sorry, now you're accusing me of murder?
什么,现在你们要指控我谋杀吗
This is absurd.
太荒唐了
We know that Openshaw
我们知道奥彭肖
was in contact with his lawyer, Mr. Fordham.
曾联系过他的律师福德姆先生
We know that Fordham's office
我们知道福德姆的办公室
is not very far from where this incident took place.
离车祸发生地点并不远
As it turns out, neither is the office
我们发现
of your campaign's exploratory committee.
那里离你的竞选研究委员会也不远
So, it's not unreasonable to think
因此不禁让人联想到
that you were in the area for a meeting.
你去那里是参加一次会面
I was champing at the bit to take on Openshaw in court.
我等不及要让奥彭肖上法庭了
That would have played well with the voters.
选民们一定会很喜欢这个
Then let us see your calendar from three weeks ago.
那就让我们看看你三周前的日程表
Clear this whole thing up.
洗清你的嫌疑
I've done nothing but cooperate with you.
我一直都很配合你们
But now you're insulting me.
但你们现在是在侮辱我
Get out.
滚出去
You believe a word she says?
你相信她的话吗
Angela White.
安吉拉·怀特
It's a well documented enough phenomenon.
这种现象挺普遍的
A witness confuses a face
证人把嫌疑人
they've seen in another context with one concerned with a crime.
和自己在别处见过的人弄混
Never the less, I have my doubts.
不管怎样,我仍有疑虑
There's something else I wanted to talk to you about.
还有件事我想跟你谈谈
Marcus and I were talking yesterday about Kitty.
马库斯和我昨天谈到了凯蒂
Yeah, we both had a few concerns,
我们都有些疑虑
so I decided to run a background check.
所以我决定做一次背景调查
Was there some question you didn't think
有什么问题
you could simply ask me?
你觉得不能直接问我的
Well, I'm asking you now.
我现在就来问你了
Were you aware that her records
你注意到她在英国的档案
in the U.K. only date back five years?
只有最近五年的记录吗
Before then, Kitty Winter didn't exist.
在那之前,凯蒂·温特这个人根本不存在
I told you, her given name is Kathryn.
我告诉过你,她名字叫凯瑟琳
You honestly think I didn't look into that, too?
你真的以为我没查过那个吗
You knew, didn't you?
你知道,对吧
Did you think I would just place an ad in the classifieds,
你以为我是在分类广告里写
"Detective seeks protege, no questions asked"?
"寻找侦探助理,其他绝不过问"吗
Is she a criminal?
她是个罪犯吗
Certainly not. Then what is she?
当然不是,那她到底是谁
What have you gotten Captain Gregson into?
你到底给格雷森警监招来了什么人
This chance encounter between Miss White and Openshaw.
怀特小姐和奥彭肖的偶遇
It casts her withholding of Fordham's surveillance
让我们对她为何不愿提供福德姆的监视录像一事
in a new light, does it not?
有了全新看法,对吧
Yes, I guess it does.
对,我想是这样
It's likely her concern had more to do
可能她要保护的是她自己
with protecting herself than Fordham's other clients.
而不是福德姆的其他委托人
I think I know who we should ask why.
我知道我们该去问谁了
Agent Boden,
博登探员
you were in charge of the surveillance unit
你是负责跟踪福德姆的
tailing Fordham.
监视小队队长
If you knew he was in contact with Openshaw,
如果你知道他和奥彭肖有联系
if you knew Openshaw had crossed paths with Ms. White...
如果你知道奥彭肖与怀特小姐有交集...
I didn't.
我不知道
She wasn't your boss,
她不是你的老板
but she had a lot of pull, right?
但是她有权有势,对吗
Rising star and all that?
明日之星什么的
She didn't tell you to back off,
她没告诉你不要多事
forget about what you saw?
忘掉你看到的一切吗
Hey, you've got this all wrong.
你们全都搞错了
Then by all means, enlighten us.
那麻烦你提点一下
Your word you won't come after me for any of it.
你得保证这不会让我惹上麻烦
Depends on what I hear.
那要看我听到的是什么
Angela's case was falling apart
安吉拉的案子早在
even before Openshaw skipped bail.
奥彭肖保释逃逸前就支离破碎了
She would've lost if it went to trial.
她要是上庭肯定会输
I thought it was a slam dunk-- you guys had a paper trail.
我还以为你们赢定了,庭审只走个过场
We did, but then, while her office was preparing for trial,
是没错,但是当她的办公室准备庭审时
a file box went missing.
一个文档箱不见了
And there was evidence in it.
里边装着证据
A clerical error, or something.
办事员失误还是什么的
We lost shipping orders,
我们丢了运货单
the memos that showed
证明奥彭肖
Openshaw knew the beads were poison.
知道珠子有毒的备忘录
Whole case gone.
一整箱都没了
So, you're saying the government just didn't
所以,你是说政府没有
have any evidence to convict Openshaw.
任何证据证明奥彭肖有罪吗
All the charges should've been dropped then, no?
那所有起诉都应该撤销,不是吗
When I heard about it, I thought the same thing.
我最初听到的时候,也是这么想的
But Angela never even considered it.
但是安吉拉根本没考虑过
She couldn't, it was too high-profile,
她不能撤销,这案子太受关注了
and she was about to run for office.
而她也正在准备竞选
If it had come out that Openshaw walked
如果被人发现奥彭肖无罪释放
because she lost evidence,
是因为她搞丢了证据
the press would've eaten her alive.
媒体肯定会把她生吞了
Her political career would've been over
她的政治生涯也就
before it even started.
结束在起点上了
Next thing I know, Openshaw's in the wind.
接下来,我就听说奥彭肖跑了
And when we start tailing Fordham,
而当我们开始跟踪福德姆
hoping he'll lead us to him, You ask her about the meetings?
期望他能带我们找到他时
Of course I did.
我当然问了
She said she and Fordham were talking off the books,
她说她和福德姆私下商议
trying to get Openshaw to come in, so I let it go.
想办法让奥彭肖自首,所以我就没管
But if you're telling me she literally ran into Openshaw...
但如果你们告诉我她偶遇了奥彭肖...
I swear, I never could've imagined she would kill anyone.
我发誓,我绝对想不到她会杀人
I am an Assistant U.S. Attorney.
我是国家助理检察官
I'm going to have your badge for this.
我要为这事拿掉你的警徽
Bank transfers
银行汇款
between you and Openshaw's lawyer, Fordham.
你给奥彭肖的律师福德姆的
You did a pretty good job of hiding them,
你藏得挺不错的
but, uh, they weren't too hard to find
不过一旦我们知道要找什么
once we knew what we were looking for.
它们并不难找到
Theo Fordham knew exactly what papers were seized
西奥·福德姆知道从他委托人办公室
from his client's office.
查封的文件都是些什么
When the memos that proved his client knew about the beads
当证明他的客户知道珠子有毒的备忘录
didn't show up in your court filings,
没有出现在你的法庭档案中时
he realized something was wrong.
他就知道事有蹊跷
If he'd been a more reputable lawyer,
如果他是一个声誉好的律师
he would have gone straight to a judge
他可能就直接去找法官
and gotten the case dismissed.
让案子撤销
But conscious of your promising
但是考虑到你前途光明的
political career,
政治生涯
and knowing that you couldn't afford to lose,
并且知道你输不起
he decided to blackmail you instead.
他决定敲诈勒索你
Why win one case for a despicable client
为什么要帮一个卑鄙的委托人打赢官司
when he could have a future congresswoman
而不是将未来国会女议员的把柄
in his pocket instead?
捏在手中呢
For his gambit to pay off, however,
但是为了让他的计划成功
he needed your political career to survive.
他首先需要让你的政治生涯不受影响
Openshaw's disappearance,
奥彭肖的消失
arguably the least embarrassing outcome
保存了你的颜面
for you at this point, became mutually beneficial.
也为双方都创造了利益
Go ahead.
继续
Give us some other reason why
再说几个你为什么
you were paying off an opposing counsel.
会付钱给辩方律师的原因
But remember, we have the driver
但请记住,我们有大巴司机
in the van who saw you with Openshaw in the street.
看到你和奥彭肖一起出现在街上
You're right.
你们说得对
About most of it.
大部分都对
Fordham was blackmailing me.
福德姆是在敲诈我
We did agree to have Openshaw skip bail.
我们确实决定让奥彭肖保释期逃走
But I had nothing to do with those murders.
但我与那些谋杀完全无关
I transferred money into the account
我昨天早上还把钱转进了
I used to pay Fordham yesterday morning.
付款给福德姆的账户
After he and Openshaw were dead.
就在他和奥彭肖被杀之后
I hadn't heard yet.
我当时还没听到消息
Yeah, we noticed-- that doesn't prove anything.
我们发现了,但是这说明不了什么
No. But you're obviously very smart.
是,但你肯定非常聪明
Ask yourself this: Why would I do that?
请问一下自己,我为什么要这么做
Just in case you accused me of murder this morning?
就为了防止你们指控我早上杀人了吗
According to you, I'd gone to great lengths
根据你说的,我不遗余力地
to frame Gabe Coleman.
去陷害加布·科尔曼
Why not let that play out?
为什么不按照那个来
And while we're on the subject of frame-ups,
既然说到了陷害的话题
who pointed you in my direction?
是谁让你们将目标转向我的
The FBI saw your secret meetings with Fordham.
联邦调查局看到你与福德姆的私会
Boden?
博登
Boden said he saw the meetings?
博登说他看到了私会
He was in charge of the surveillance of Fordham,
他负责监视福德姆的小队
was he not?
不是吗
Yeah, at my instruction.
是啊,是我下的指示
I knew their schedule.
我知道他们的安排
I knew where they were every minute of every day.
他们一天中的每分钟在哪我都知道
What kind of an idiot would I have to be
我到底是有多傻,才会在知道
to meet Fordham knowing they were watching?
他们在监视的时候去与福德姆见面
This isn't a courtroom, Miss White.
这里不是法庭,怀特女士
We are not a jury.
我们不是陪审团
No. You're an officer of the law.
是的,但你们是法制警官
So I recommend you have a conversation
所以我建议你们去和
with Special Agent Boden as soon as possible.
博登特工尽快谈一谈
I never told the FBI about the materials that went missing.
我从没告诉联调局具体丢了什么材料
So if Boden knew, I have to think
如果博登知道,那我只能猜测
he was the one who took them.
是他将材料拿走的
Why would he do that?
他为什么要这么做
I have no idea.
我不知道
But when you find him, you might want to ask him
但当你们找到他时,也许应该问问他
if he had a reason for killing Openshaw and Fordham.
他是否有杀掉奥彭肖和福德姆的理由
Because I didn't do it.
因为不是我干的
Captain, a word?
警监,能说句话吗
Easy to see why she enjoyed so much success in the courtroom.
能看出来她为什么在法庭上屡战屡胜了
Do you believe her?
你相信她吗
She made a lot of good points.
她说了很多让人信服的观点
I propose a second visit to Mr. Boden's home.
我建议再去一次博登先生的家
Go, go, go!
走走走
Clear!
没人
Clear.
没人
All clear here, Captain.
没人在家,警监
Looks like he packed in a hurry.
看上去他仓促地收拾了东西
He's gone.
他跑了
Captain said the FBI's cooperating fully with the search,
警监说联邦调查局很配合搜查
but Boden has not been back to his office,
但是博登没有回办公室
has not been in touch with his partner, colleagues or family.
也没联系他的搭档,同事或家人
Have a look at this.
来看看这个
Says he asked to be assigned to the Pipz case
他是在奥彭肖被捕后
after Openshaw had been arrested.
主动要求加入滚珠案的
Mm. Sort of a strange time to come on board.
这个时间点加入挺奇怪的
Not if the point was to gain access to incriminating memos.
如果是想接触涉案的备忘录就不奇怪了
The FBI handles the transport of evidence to
联调局负责国家检察官办公室
and from the U.S. Attorney's office.
的证物运输
So by getting himself assigned,
所以加入后
he put himself in the perfect position
他就有绝好的机会可以
to steal the files from Ms. White
从怀特女士那偷走文件
and later find and murder Openshaw.
后来又找到奥彭肖并将其杀害
Do you think he was related to one of the affected families?
你觉得他跟某个被害家庭有关联吗
Not according to anything the FBI has shared with us.
根据联调局提供的资料毫无联系
Well, maybe he tangled with Openshaw and Fordham in the past.
也许他以前跟奥彭肖和福德姆有过节
No record of that either.
也没有相关记录
You realize that makes no sense.
你们明白这说不通吧
You're saying this man, Boden,
你们说这个叫博登的人
stole the only evidence against Openshaw, helping him,
偷了针对奥彭肖的唯一证据,帮了他
only to then track him down and kill him months later?
几个月后却找到他把他杀掉
Why would he do both?
为何要做这两件事
That is the question, is it not?
这正是问题所在
Um, Kitty.
凯蒂
I'm not allowed to look at the Pipz the government seized?
我不能看政府缴获的滚珠吗
Of course you are. It's just...
你当然可以,只是...
I wish I had one right now.
我希望我现在就有一粒
A Pip.
一粒珠
Or is it a Pipz?
还是该叫一粒滚珠
I'd take one. Maybe two.
我会吞下一两粒
Take myself a right old nap.
好好睡上一觉
Sorry, he's an addict, isn't he?
抱歉,他有毒瘾,是吧
Not supposed to talk about drugs, certainly not right in front of him.
不该谈论毒品,特别是当着他的面
It's just I find it quite hard to keep more than a single thought in my head at one time.
只是我的脑子很难同时处理多个想法
Perhaps you should turn in for the night.
也许你该去睡觉了
I'm gonna go out.
我出去转转
Give you two your space.
给你们俩一点空间
Let me know how it works out.
有什么进展再告诉我
Come with me for a moment, would you?
跟我过来一下行吗
How long has that been there?
这暗格在那有多久了
What is it?
这是什么
The answers to your questions about Kitty.
这能解答你对凯蒂的疑问
You want to know why her records only go back five years.
你想知道她的档案为什么只有最近五年的
The truth is, she was a victim of a horrific crime.
事实是,她曾是一件可怕罪案的受害者
It left scars.
对她伤害很深
Not to mention a rather strong desire for a new identity.
而且她极度需要一个新的身份
What kind of crime?
什么案子
She was taken.
她被绑架了
By a man.
被一个男人
I didn't tell you because she wouldn't want me to.
我没告诉你是因为她不愿意我说
She has no wish to be defined by her victimhood,
她不愿被人当作受害者对待
especially not here,
特别是在这里
where she is attempting yet another new start.
她想在这有个新的开始
But since you've already run your background check...
但既然你已经调查了她的背景...
The captain is aware.
警监已经知道了
I told her he would have to know
我告诉她如果她想
if she wished to assist me in my work at the precinct.
协助我在警局的工作就必须让警监知道
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
Don't be. I would've done the same thing.
没必要,换作我会做同样的事
No,
不
not about the background check. I'm sorry about...
不是关于背景调查,我是对她的遭遇
whatever happened to her.
感到抱歉
She's strong, Watson. Smart.
她很坚强,华生,很聪明
The training I'm attempting to provide her,
我现在给她提供的训练
the same training I provided you,
正如我曾经提供给你的
for her has an ulterior motive.
对她还有另一层用意
It is, in part, an attempt to channel certain...
在某种意思上,是想利用她
residual feelings that she has into a productive skill.
身为受害人的感受,打造成有助于破案的技能
I believe she will make an excellent investigator.
我相信她会成为一名出色的侦探
Just not today.
但还不是现在
She's right, you know.
不过她说得没错
It doesn't make any sense.
这完全说不通
Why would Boden help Openshaw get away with murder
为什么博登要帮奥彭肖逃脱谋杀罪
and then kill him a few months later?
几个月后又杀掉他呢
What if the two events you were describing,
会不会你说的这两件事
helping Openshaw and killing him,
帮助奥彭肖和杀害他
were not part of the same plan
不属于同一个计划
but rather two independent attempts to achieve the same effect?
而是为达到相同目的进行的两次尝试呢
Which was?
什么目的
An end to the criminal proceedings.
结束刑事诉讼
Stealing the memos should have forced Angela White
偷走备忘录本该迫使安吉拉·怀特
to drop the case.
放弃本案
But instead it had the unintended opposite effect:
但却起了反效果
Fordham blackmailed her, Openshaw fled
福德姆敲诈她,奥彭肖逃走
and the case was left in permanent legal limbo.
案子就被永久搁置了
So Boden killed Openshaw and his lawyer.
于是博登杀了奥彭肖和他的律师
With no one left to prosecute,
没有了起诉对象
the case was brought to a proper conclusion.
案子终于能做个了结了
But why would Boden care about that?
但博登关心这个做什么
Agent Boden, step out of the vehicle.
博登探员,从车里出来
Stop right there! Hands behind your head!
把车停下,双手背到脑后
There's a term in psychology circles,
心理学领域有一个术语
"Functional fixedness,"
叫"功能固着"
the understanding we develop as the brain matures that
我们在大脑发育过程中形成一种概念
a given object has a given function.
每个物品都有与其对应的功能
In layman's terms,
外行人看来
it's "The right tool for the right job."
就是做任何事都有适合的工具
Creativity, on the other hand,
然而创造力
is often defined as the freedom from so limiting a cognitive bias.
常被认为摆脱了对认知偏见的束缚
To his credit, Agent Boden has shown remarkable creativity.
值得称赞的是,博登探员显示出了卓越的创造力
Everyone else
其他人
looked at the seized inventory from Openshaw's company
看到从奥彭肖公司缴获的存货
and they see a batch of poisoned toys.
都视其为一堆有毒玩具
Agent Boden looked at the very same inventory...
而在博登探员眼中,他看到...
And saw millions of dollars in street value of GHB.
能卖到上百万美金的迷幻剂
Drug evidence is typically handled
缴获的毒品通常都配有
with very high security,
极高的安全措施
even when it's being transported for destruction.
即使是运输去销毁的时候
Because no one else saw the Pipz that way,
但因为没有人认为滚珠是毒品
Boden saw an opportunity for making millions,
博登看到了大赚一笔的机会
simply by paying off a single worker at a waste facility.
只要收买一个废品处理场的工人就行了
All he had to do to collect
他唯一要做的只是
was get the government to release the Pipz.
让政府不再扣押那批滚珠
Took him a couple of tries. Killing Openshaw
他尝试了两次,杀掉奥彭肖
and Fordham finally did the trick.
和福德姆终于达到了目的
You asked some good questions last night.
你昨晚问了几个很棒的问题
It's a shame you weren't there
很可惜答案浮现的时候
when the solution presented itself.
你并不在场
If you're looking for an apology...
如果你想听我道歉...
They say that genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains.
他们说天才对伤痛有无限的忍受力
It's a very bad definition,
这说法很烂
but it does apply to detective work.
但很适合破案工作
You want to be a detective, Kitty,
你想成为侦探,凯蒂
accept that you'll be taking pains.
就得接受伤痛
Sherlock around?
夏洛克在吗
Meeting.
在开会
I'm taking the opportunity to go through
借这个机会我在看
some of the work you two did in the old days.
你们以前合作破过的案子
Some good stuff here.
有些很不错的东西
Sherlock gave me an envelope.
夏洛克给了我一个信封
He said it would help me understand you a little bit better.
他说能帮助我更好地了解你
Or at least who you were five years ago.
至少是你五年前的情况
He told me.
他跟我说了
You had to see it.
你应该看看
Same as the captain.
警监也是
Just the way it is.
事实而已
Actually, I haven't seen anything. I didn't open it.
其实我什么都没看,我还没打开
I figured if the captain has everything he needs then...
我想如果警监了解了所有情况,那么...
you know.
你懂的
Anyway, I thought you'd want to know.
反正,我就跟你说一声
I'm supposed to run that back to Sherlock now, am I?
我要做信差把这些交还给夏洛克,是吗
Just read it.
你就看吧
The stuff that's inside, it's...
里面的东西
articles, mostly.
主要是文章
There's an assessment or two.
一两份评估报告
I want you to.
我希望你看
Sherlock keeps saying
夏洛克总是说
that I need to get a better sense of you,
我需要更加了解你
and maybe that will give you a better sense of me.
也许那些东西能让你更了解我