In New York? Yeah.
在纽约吗 是的
That's weird. It actually crossed my mind a few times that I might run into you
太奇怪了。真的好几次 我想也许我能撞上你呢
but the odds are so slim, right? So.
但是可能性太小了 是吗?所以
I didn't even know what city you were in.
我过去甚至连你在哪个城市都不知道
Weren't you somewhere in Texas? Yeah, yeah, definitely. I just
你不是在德克萨斯的什么地方吗 是的,是的,没错。我只是
I was for a long time. I just, you know, wanted to try New York.
有很长时间,我一心想 你知道,去纽约发展
What brought you back here?
你为什么又回来了呢
I had finished my master's, for one
我读完了硕士课程,我
and no visa, no more visa.
没有签证,不能续签了
And I was starting to get paranoid. All the violence in the medias:
而且那个时候我变得有点儿妄想狂了 媒体上充斥着暴力:
Gang violence, murders, especially serial killers.
暴力团伙,杀人犯 特别是系列杀人犯
But the final straw was
但是最让我受不了的是
one night I heard some noise on my fire escape
一天晚上我听见 防火梯上有动静