Because I believed your sister indifferent to him.
我认为你姐姐不在乎他
Indifferent?
不在乎他?
I watched them most carefully
我仔细观察过
and realise his attachment was deeper than hers.
她没向他表白
That's because she's shy.
那是因为她天性害羞
Bingley, too, is modest
宾利也觉得
and was persuaded she didn't feel strongly for him.
她并不爱他
Because you suggested it. - I did it for his own good.
那全是你说的 - 我完全是为了他好
My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me!
我姐姐都不会向我吐露心声
I suppose you suspect that his fortune had some bearing...
你一定认为她贪图他的钱
No! I wouldn't do your sister the dishonour!
我并不这么想
Though it was suggested... - What was?
但是有人说… - 说什么?
It was made perfectly clear that an advantageous marriage...
她是为了钱才想嫁给他
Did my sister give that impression? - No! No!
这是我姐给你的感觉? - 不
No. There was, however,
并不是 主要是
I have to admit, the matter of your family.
因为你的家人
Our want of connection?
我们想攀龙附凤?
Mr Bingley didn't seem to vex himself about that.
宾利自己都没这么想
No, it was more than that. - How, sir?
不只是这样 - 那是怎样?
It was the lack of propriety
是粗俗
shown by your mother, your three younger sisters,
你妈,你的三个妹妹
even, on occasion, your father.
甚至你爸都很粗俗