非常爱妳
Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.
请接受我
Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,
先生 我很感激你经历的这些挣扎
and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.
我很抱歉,造成你的痛苦
It was unconsciously done.
但相信我,我是无心的
Is this your reply? - Yes, sir.
这是妳的回答吗? - 是的,先生
Are you laughing at me? - No.
妳在…嘲笑我吗? - 不
Are you rejecting me?
妳是拒绝我吗?
I'm sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it.
我相信你的无情 很快就能克服这个痛苦
Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed?
请问为什麽 要这样无礼地拒绝我?
I might enquire why you told me you liked me against your better judgement?
我也要请问你为什麽说 喜欢我不是好的判断?
If I was uncivil, then that is some excuse.
若我很粗鲁,也是情有可原
But you know I have other reasons. - What reasons?
我有其它原因 - 什麽原因?
Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined
你认为我能接受?
the happiness of a most beloved sister?
毁了我挚爱姊姊幸福的人吗?
Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other,
妳能否认妳拆散 一对彼此相爱的佳偶
exposing your friend to censure for caprice
让你的朋友因善变而受指责
and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes,
让我姊姊因空想而被嘲弄
involving them both in acute misery?
让他们两人都身受痛苦吗?
I do not deny it. - How could you do it?
我并不否认 - 你怎能这麽做?