台词欣赏:
Rochester:Stay out of the way, Grace.
站一边去,Grace。
Grace:Be careful, sir.She's a bit snappish.
先生小心,她现在有点焦躁。
She's seen you, sir!You'd better not stay!
她看见你了,先生,你最好别呆在这里吧。
Brig:We'd better leave.
我们最好走吧。
Rochester:You stay here!
你留下!
This is my wife, your sister, Mason! Look at her. She is mad!
这就是我的妻子。你的妹妹,Mason!看看她,她是疯子!
So was her mother. So was her grandmother. Three generations of violent lunacy. I wasn't told about that, was I, Mason?
她的母亲也是,外祖母同样是,三代都是疯子,Mason,事先没人对我说过吧?
All I was told about was that my father had made a suitable match.
我只被告诉说,我父亲为我安排了门当户对的亲事。
One... that would prop up his dwindling fortune and one... that would give your family the Rochester name!
一是给他的家族增加财产,二是也可以是你的家族拥有Rochester的姓氏!
I did what I was told!
我任由摆布!
And Bertha, was kept away from me,until the wedding.
而Bertha这个女人在婚礼前我一直没法见到。
It was cleverly done.
多聪明的做法。
Everyone got what they wanted except me.
除了我,每个人都得到了他们想要的东西。
Even, she is better off here than she'd be in a lunatic asylum.
甚至她生活在这人都比她生活在疯人院还好。
But I have spent the last 15 years in torment!
但我在15年中则饱受折磨!
And this is what I...what I wish to have... this young girl, who stands, so grave, but quiet at the mouth...of hell...
她…才是我想要的…站在这里这位年轻的姑娘,恬静端庄。地狱的入口......