影视片花:
台词欣赏:
Prayer:We're gathered together here at the sight of God,
在上帝旨意下我们相聚一起,
to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony.
一同见证我身前这对男女神圣的婚姻。
So go as a couple together otherwise as God has allowed. I know join together by God...
在上帝的酌合之下,你们日后就是结发夫妇。上帝允许这段姻缘…
Brig:The marriage cannot go on! I declare an impediment.
婚礼不能进行,我宣布婚姻存在着障碍。
Rochester:Continue, sir!
继续下去,先生!
Prayer:I can not. What is the nature of this impediment?
我不能这样做。是那一性质的障碍?
Brig: Mr. Rochester is a married man.
Rochester先生是已婚的男人。
Rochester:Who are you?
你是谁?
Brig:My name is Briggs.I'm a lawyer.
律师Briggs。
I was engaged to look after the interest of your wife.
我有责任维护你妻子的权利。
Rochester:There is no wife!
我没有妻子!
Brig: I have confirmed and proved that on the twentieth day of October 1829,
经过证实1826年10月20日你结过婚。
Edward Fairfax Rochester of Thornfield Hall was married to my sister, Bertha Antoinetta.
Thornfield庄园的Edward Fairfax Rochester,已与我妹Bertha Antoinetta结婚。
A copy of the wedding certificate is now in my possession. Signed, Richard Mason.
我现在正手持这份婚礼复印件。署名,Richard Mason。
Rochester:That may prove that I have been married...
那可以证明我结过婚,
that does not prove that the woman still living.
但并不证明那女人还在世上。
Brig:She was living three months ago.I have a witness to the fact.
三个月前这位女士仍活在世上,我有证人。
Rochester:Then, produce him - damn you!
那叫他出来,混蛋!
Prayer:Sir, do not forget that you're in a sacred place.
先生,千万记住你现在身处神圣的地方。
Brig:Have the goodness to step forward, sir
以上帝的名义,请上前对质,先生。
Rochester:Mason! Close your book. There will be no wedding.
Mason! 合上你的书吧。婚礼中止了。
What these men say is true. I have been married. .
这两个男人所说的句句属实。我没错有妻子,
And the woman to whom I was married lives still.
而她也的确仍然活着。
Come to the house, all of you. And meet Grace Pool's patient! My wife!
大家都回庄园,来会一会Grace Poole的病人——我的结发妻子!