The year is 1599.
这一年是1599年。
William Shakespeare is at the palace of Queen Elizabeth I of England.
威廉·莎士比亚在英格兰女王伊丽莎白一世的宫殿里。
The Queen has ordered Shakespeare to write another play.
女王命令莎士比亚再写一部戏剧。
Mr. Shakespeare. Tell me about my new play.
莎士比亚先生。给我讲讲我的新剧。
Your Majesty, The Merry Wives of Windsor is a comedy,
陛下,《温莎的风流娘儿们》是一部喜剧,
in which Sir John Falstaff tries to trick two married ladies into giving him money behind their husbands' backs.
约翰·福斯塔夫爵士企图诱骗两个已婚妇女背着她们的丈夫给他钱。
Falstaff! Hahaha! He is such a wicked man, that's why I like him.
福斯塔夫!哈哈哈!他是如此邪恶,这就是我喜欢他的原因。
Or maybe he reminds me of our dear friend Sir Walter Raleigh, who brings me treasure from around the world.
或者是因为他让我想起了我们的朋友沃尔特·雷利,他从世界各地给我带回奇珍异宝。
Look at my pearls, taken from a Spanish ship by Raleigh and brought to me as a gift.
看我的珍珠,这是雷利从一艘西班牙的船上抢来作为礼物献给我的。
They are beautiful, your Majesty.
它们太美了,陛下。
Whoever could guess that such a creature, deep in the ocean, could contain the most beautiful, precious treasure-a pearl? !
谁能想到在海洋深处有这么一种生物能够产生这么美丽,这么珍贵的宝物——珍珠呢?
Yessss. To Raleigh, the whole world is an oyster, full of treasure, ready for the taking.
是的。对于雷利来说,世界就像一个充满了财富的牡蛎任他拿取。
By force if need be. He is not afraid to use the sword to bring me my treasure.
如果有必要的话可以使用武力。他不怕使用武力来为我带回财富。
Mr. Raleigh is your loyal servant, your Majesty, as am I.
雷利先生是您忠诚的仆人,陛下,正如我一样。
To Falstaff. What of his trickery?
那么福斯塔夫呢。他耍的花招怎样了?