Cloisonne enamel is a cultural icon of China, and is listed as an intangible world heritage.
掐丝珐琅是中国的文化标志,已被列为世界文化保护遗产。
Today I came to a workshop to learn from an artist about this masterpiece.
今天我来到珐琅工作室,向一位艺术家学习这门艺术。
Why am I so fond of this traditional art?
我为何那么喜欢这种传统艺术?
Because when I was immersed in making this, I feel so calm.
因为当我投入其中,我觉得心很宁静。
Look at this cute rabbit holding a fish!
你看这只可爱的小兔子,它抱着一条锦鲤!
Do you like it?
你喜欢吗?
Because when I was making it, I feel so amazing!
制作这只小兔子的过程也很奇妙!
And I wish you a prosperous Year of the Rabbit!
此外也祝你兔年万事如意!
The cloisonne enamel was introduced into China around the Yuan Dynasty.
掐丝珐琅在元朝时引入中国。
Cloisonne is an ancient technique for decorating metalwork objects, with pigments held in patterns, separated by metal strips or wire.
掐丝珐琅是一种古老的金属装置艺术,其用铜丝把颜料隔开。
It can be combined with a variety of modern paintings.
而后演变成了现代绘画。
So what is the process of making this cute rabbit?
那么这只可爱的兔子是怎么绘制出来的呢?
First, print the selected pattern directly onto a drawing board.
首先,将选定的图案直接刻画到画板上。
The lines extended on the sheet should be clear and complete for subsequent coloring.
板材上延伸的线条应清晰完整,以便后续上色。
Step 2: bend a flexible metal wire to form a pattern, on which we will paint with pigments.
把铜丝调整到合适的曲度,一点点勾出我们之前绘制的图案。
The last step is to color the enamel paintings.
最后一步是给珐琅画上色。
The pigments for the enamel are extracted from mineral ores.
珐琅的颜料是以矿石为原料提取的。
During the process of coloring, you can see several areas with shining powder in the pigments.
在上色的过程中,你可以看到颜料中有几处闪闪发光的细粉。
The colors for paintings are pre-mixed through craftsmen's careful grinding.
画作的颜料都是由工匠精心打磨而成的。
It requires great patience and persistent practice to shape the pattern.
点蓝上色需要手艺人极大的耐心和持久的练习。
When I'm learning this in a studio, I find everything that has been really comforting my soul, hope you like it!
当我在工作室里学习掐丝珐琅的时候,画室里的一切都很抚慰我的心灵,也希望你喜欢!
And happy the year of the rabbit!
祝大家兔年快乐!