手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第五十九章:害怕的村民

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Journey to the West 59 Scared Villagers
  • 《西游记》第五十九章 害怕的村民
  • “Can we please stop to rest?” moaned Bajie one day.
  • “我们能休息一会儿吗?” 一天八戒嘟囔着说。
  • The group had spent the morning walking down a long mountain trail.
  • 山路很长,他们已经走了一个早上了。
  • “My knees feel weak!” cried the pig.
  • “我的腿都疼了!” 八戒大叫。
  • “We’ll rest in a little while, Bajie,” said the Tang Monk.
  • “我们过一会儿就休息。” 唐僧说。
  • As they walked, the travelers started to hear the sound of rushing water. It grew louder and louder.
  • 走着走着,他们听到了流水声。那声音越来越大。
  • “We’re approaching a river,” said Wujing.
  • “前面好像有条河。” 悟净说。
  • The trail went around a hill. A moment later the travelers saw the river.
  • 他们绕过一个小山。不一会儿,他们就到了河边。
  • “How will we cross this river?” said the Tang Monk. “It’s so wide, I can’t see the other side.”
  • “我们怎么过河呢?” 唐僧说,“它太宽了,我都看不到对岸。”
  • Wukong leaped into the air and looked around. “There’s a small village nearby,” he said.
  • 悟空跳到空中,四处看了看。“附近有个村子。” 他说,
  • “Maybe someone there has a boat.” The group walked to the village.
  • “那里可能会有船。”他们走进了村子。
  • The street was deserted. A few villagers peeked out of windows and from behind doors.
  • 街上一个人都没有。几个村民躲在门窗后面偷看他们。
  • They looked scared. A man was getting water from a well.
  • 所有人看上去都很害怕。一个男人正在井边打水。
  • “Hello!” said Wukong. Startled, the man dropped his bucket down the well and spun around.
  • “你好!” 悟空说。那个男人吓了一跳。水桶掉到了井里。他迅速转过身来。
  • “Wh-who are you?” The Tang Monk stepped forward.
  • “你…...你是谁?” 唐僧上前一步。
  • “I’m from the Tang Empire. We’re traveling to the Western Paradise to get scriptures from Buddha.”
  • “我来自东土大唐。我们要去西天取经。”
  • The man relaxed a bit. “That’s wonderful!”
  • 男人放松了一点儿。“是这样啊!”
  • “We need a boat to get across the river,” said Bajie.
  • “我们需要坐船过河。” 八戒说。
  • “I don’t have a boat,” said the man.
  • “我没有船。” 男人说,
  • “But someone in the village might. Please come with me. I’ll make some tea. My name is Chen.”
  • “村子里有人可能有船。请跟我来。我给你们泡点儿茶。你们可以叫我老陈。”
  • The travelers followed Chen to his home.
  • 唐僧他们跟着老陈回了家。
  • Inside, they sat down as Chen boiled water for tea.
  • 他们在屋子里坐了下来。老陈开始烧水泡茶。
  • “Why does everyone in this village seem so scared?” asked the Tang Monk.
  • “为什么村民们看上去都是很害怕的样子?” 唐僧问。
  • Chen sighed and sat down. He started to cry.
  • 老陈叹了口气坐下了。他哭了起来。
  • “My dear man,” said the Tang Monk. “What’s wrong? Did I upset you?”
  • “老陈。” 唐僧说,“你怎么了?是我说错话了吗?”
  • “No,” said Chen through his tears.
  •  “不是。” 老陈一边哭,一边说,
  • “It’s just that life is very bad in this village. A few years ago, a terrible demon arrived.
  • “这村子里的日子实在太难过了。几年前,有个可怕的妖怪来到这里。
  • He’s always treated us badly, but now things are worse. He demanded that we give him a child.
  • 他一直都对我们不好,现在情况更坏了。我们每年要献给他一个孩子。
  • If we don’t, he’ll destroy our entire village.
  • 如果我们不照做,他就会毁了我们整个村子。
  • Tomorrow morning I must ... hand over my son!” Chen burst into tears all over again.
  • 明天早上,我就必须……必须把我的儿子献出去!” 老陈又开始大哭起来。
  • Wukong giggled and then laughed. The Tang Monk glared at the monkey.
  • 悟空大笑。唐僧瞪着悟空。
  • “Wukong! Why are you laughing?” Bajie shook his head.
  • “悟空!你为什么笑?” 八戒摇摇头。
  • “He’s cruel, Master. You should recite the Tight Headband spell.”
  • “他很残忍,师父。你念紧箍咒吧。”
  • “There’s no need for that,” said Wukong, still laughing. He turned to Chen.
  • “不用把孩子献出去。” 悟空笑着说。他转身对老陈说:
  • “I’m not laughing at you, sir. I’m laughing because today is the luckiest day of your life.”
  • “我不是在笑你,老陈。我是笑你很幸运。今天是你一生中最幸运的一天。”
  • Chen raised his eyebrows. “How am I lucky?”
  • 老陈扬起了眉毛问:“为什么?”
  • “You’ve probably never heard of me,” said Wukong.
  • “你可能从没听说过我。” 悟空说,
  • “But I am Sun Wukong, the Monkey King. I once defeated the Jade Emperor’s entire army.
  • “我是美猴王孙悟空。我曾打败过玉帝的天兵天将。
  • And tomorrow I will save your son’s life.”
  • 明天,我救你的儿子。”
  • “Are you a spirit?” asked Chen.
  • “你是神仙吗?” 老陈问。
  • “Yes, a very powerful spirit,” said Wukong. “Bring your son out here. I need to look at him.”
  • “对,我是非常厉害的神仙。” 悟空说,“把你的儿子带来。我要看看他。”
  • Chen left the room for a moment. When he came back, a small boy was with him.
  • 老陈出去了。不一会儿,他带来了一个小男孩儿。
  • “This is my son,” said Chen. Wukong walked around the boy, examining him closely.
  • “这是我的儿子。” 老陈说。悟空绕着小男孩儿走了一圈,仔细看了看。
  • Finally the monkey folded his arms and said, “I have a plan.”
  • 最后,悟空交叉着双臂说:“我有办法了。”
  • The next morning the boy climbed onto a small platform.
  • 第二天一早,小男孩儿爬上了一个步辇。
  • Several villagers carried the platform to the edge of the river.
  • 四个村民抬着步辇走到了河边。
  • They placed the platform on the ground and then backed away.
  • 他们把步辇放在了地上,然后就跑了。
  • For a moment everything was quiet. The boy sat alone on the platform.
  • 一切都很安静。小男孩儿一个人坐在步辇上。
  • Suddenly a dark cloud approached.
  • 突然,河面出现了一团黑云。
  • A fierce-looking demon emerged from the cloud. It had sharp teeth.
  • 云中出现一个长得很凶的妖怪。他的牙很尖。
  • The boy smiled at the demon . “Hello!”
  • 小男孩儿朝着妖怪笑了笑。“你好呀!”


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West 59 Scared Villagers

《西游记》第五十九章 害怕的村民

Can we please stop to rest?” moaned Bajie one day.

“我们能休息一会儿吗?” 一天八戒嘟囔着说。

The group had spent the morning walking down a long mountain trail.

山路很长,他们已经走了一个早上了。

My knees feel weak!” cried the pig.

“我的腿都疼了!” 八戒大叫。

Well rest in a little while, Bajie,” said the Tang Monk.

“我们过一会儿就休息。” 唐僧说。

As they walked, the travelers started to hear the sound of rushing water. It grew louder and louder.

走着走着,他们听到了流水声。那声音越来越大。

Were approaching a river,” said Wujing.

“前面好像有条河。” 悟净说。

The trail went around a hill. A moment later the travelers saw the river.

他们绕过一个小山。不一会儿,他们就到了河边。

How will we cross this river?” said the Tang Monk. “Its so wide, I cant see the other side.”

“我们怎么过河呢?” 唐僧说,“它太宽了,我都看不到对岸。”

Wukong leaped into the air and looked around. “Theres a small village nearby,” he said.

悟空跳到空中,四处看了看。“附近有个村子。” 他说,

Maybe someone there has a boat.” The group walked to the village.

“那里可能会有船。”他们走进了村子。

The street was deserted. A few villagers peeked out of windows and from behind doors.

街上一个人都没有。几个村民躲在门窗后面偷看他们。

They looked scared. A man was getting water from a well.

所有人看上去都很害怕。一个男人正在井边打水。

Hello!” said Wukong. Startled, the man dropped his bucket down the well and spun around.

“你好!” 悟空说。那个男人吓了一跳。水桶掉到了井里。他迅速转过身来。

Wh-who are you?” The Tang Monk stepped forward.

“你…...你是谁?” 唐僧上前一步。

Im from the Tang Empire. Were traveling to the Western Paradise to get scriptures from Buddha.”

“我来自东土大唐。我们要去西天取经。”

The man relaxed a bit. “Thats wonderful!”

男人放松了一点儿。“是这样啊!”

We need a boat to get across the river,” said Bajie.

“我们需要坐船过河。” 八戒说。

I dont have a boat,” said the man.

“我没有船。” 男人说,

But someone in the village might. Please come with me. Ill make some tea. My name is Chen.”

“村子里有人可能有船。请跟我来。我给你们泡点儿茶。你们可以叫我老陈。”

The travelers followed Chen to his home.

唐僧他们跟着老陈回了家。

Inside, they sat down as Chen boiled water for tea.

他们在屋子里坐了下来。老陈开始烧水泡茶。

Why does everyone in this village seem so scared?” asked the Tang Monk.

“为什么村民们看上去都是很害怕的样子?” 唐僧问。

Chen sighed and sat down. He started to cry.

老陈叹了口气坐下了。他哭了起来。

My dear man,” said the Tang Monk. “Whats wrong? Did I upset you?”

“老陈。” 唐僧说,“你怎么了?是我说错话了吗?”

No,” said Chen through his tears.

“不是。” 老陈一边哭,一边说,

Its just that life is very bad in this village. A few years ago, a terrible demon arrived.

“这村子里的日子实在太难过了。几年前,有个可怕的妖怪来到这里。

Hes always treated us badly, but now things are worse. He demanded that we give him a child.

他一直都对我们不好,现在情况更坏了。我们每年要献给他一个孩子。

If we dont, hell destroy our entire village.

如果我们不照做,他就会毁了我们整个村子。

Tomorrow morning I must ... hand over my son!” Chen burst into tears all over again.

明天早上,我就必须……必须把我的儿子献出去!” 老陈又开始大哭起来。

Wukong giggled and then laughed. The Tang Monk glared at the monkey.

悟空大笑。唐僧瞪着悟空。

Wukong! Why are you laughing?” Bajie shook his head.

“悟空!你为什么笑?” 八戒摇摇头。

Hes cruel, Master. You should recite the Tight Headband spell.”

“他很残忍,师父。你念紧箍咒吧。”

Theres no need for that,” said Wukong, still laughing. He turned to Chen.

“不用把孩子献出去。” 悟空笑着说。他转身对老陈说:

Im not laughing at you, sir. Im laughing because today is the luckiest day of your life.”

“我不是在笑你,老陈。我是笑你很幸运。今天是你一生中最幸运的一天。”

Chen raised his eyebrows. “How am I lucky?”

老陈扬起了眉毛问:“为什么?”

Youve probably never heard of me,” said Wukong.

“你可能从没听说过我。” 悟空说,

But I am Sun Wukong, the Monkey King. I once defeated the Jade Emperors entire army.

“我是美猴王孙悟空。我曾打败过玉帝的天兵天将。

And tomorrow I will save your sons life.”

明天,我救你的儿子。”

Are you a spirit?” asked Chen.

“你是神仙吗?” 老陈问。

Yes, a very powerful spirit,” said Wukong. “Bring your son out here. I need to look at him.”

“对,我是非常厉害的神仙。” 悟空说,“把你的儿子带来。我要看看他。”

Chen left the room for a moment. When he came back, a small boy was with him.

老陈出去了。不一会儿,他带来了一个小男孩儿。

This is my son,” said Chen. Wukong walked around the boy, examining him closely.

“这是我的儿子。” 老陈说。悟空绕着小男孩儿走了一圈,仔细看了看。

Finally the monkey folded his arms and said, “I have a plan.”

最后,悟空交叉着双臂说:“我有办法了。”

The next morning the boy climbed onto a small platform.

第二天一早,小男孩儿爬上了一个步辇。

Several villagers carried the platform to the edge of the river.

四个村民抬着步辇走到了河边。

They placed the platform on the ground and then backed away.

他们把步辇放在了地上,然后就跑了。

For a moment everything was quiet. The boy sat alone on the platform.

一切都很安静。小男孩儿一个人坐在步辇上。

Suddenly a dark cloud approached.

突然,河面出现了一团黑云。

A fierce-looking demon emerged from the cloud. It had sharp teeth.

云中出现一个长得很凶的妖怪。他的牙很尖。

The boy smiled at the demon . “Hello!”

小男孩儿朝着妖怪笑了笑。“你好呀!”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
relaxed [ri'lækst]

想一想再看

adj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(

 
recite [ri'sait]

想一想再看

vt. 背诵,逐一例举,叙述或回答问题
vi.

 
upset [ʌp'set]

想一想再看

adj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的
v. 推翻,

联想记忆
deserted [di'zə:tid]

想一想再看

adj. 废弃的,荒芜的,被遗弃的 动词desert的过

 
platform ['plætfɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲

联想记忆
bucket ['bʌkit]

想一想再看

n. 水桶
vt. 装在桶里
vi.

 
burst [bə:st]

想一想再看

n. 破裂,阵,爆发
v. 爆裂,迸发

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。