【句子】He said he’s gonna beat me up unless I come up with some money. 【Desperate Housewives S02E02】
【发音技巧】said he’s不完全爆破;beat me不完全爆破;unless I连读;come up连读;up with类似不完全爆破;
【翻译】他说如果我不给他一些钱,就要狠狠揍我一顿。
今天视频中先讲一个常用表达:beat up sb. 或者beat sb. up,其实我们之前节目中学习过,表达“狠狠揍某个人一顿”的意思;
If someone beats a person up, they hit or kick the person many times.
eg: The captain of the football team swore he would beat me up if I ever talked to his girlfriend again.
那个足球队队长发誓说如果我再跟他女朋友说话,他就会狠狠揍我一顿。
eg: I can't believe that skinny kid beat up the school bully!
简直不敢相信那个瘦骨嶙峋的孩子居然把校霸给揍了一顿。
我们要来学习的第二个短语是:
come up with something,
所以这个短语可以指:to find or produce an answer, a sum of money, etc.
“找到某个问题的答案或者找到、凑出一笔钱;
或者看一下这样一条英文解释:
If you come up with a sum of money, you manage to produce it when it is needed.
有的时候也可以理解成:
to think of an idea or a plan
“想出一个主意、方案或者计划”;
eg: If he can come up with the $15 million, we'll go to London.
如果他能搞到、凑齐那1500万美元,我们就去伦敦。
eg: She came up with a new idea for increasing sales.
她想出来了一个增加销量的新点子。
eg: We’re in big trouble if we don’t come up with the money by 6 o’clock.
如果我们六点钟凑不出这笔钱的话,我们麻烦就大了。
eg: How soon can you come up with the money?
你是怎么那么快凑到钱的?
eg: Is that the best you can come up with?
那就是你能想出来的最佳方案?
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
This scientist came up with a cure for the disease.
主播老师微信:teacheryaoyao7