手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第六章:东海龙王

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West Chapter 6 The Dragon King

《西游记》第六章:东海龙王

"What's wrong with our swords and spears?" asked the gibbon.

“我们的剑和矛有什么问题吗?”长臂猿问。

"They're fine for normal monkeys and apes," said Wukong.

“对于你们来说是好兵器,”悟空说,

"But I am very powerful. I need a much heavier weapon." The gibbon thought for a minute.

“但我的力量很大,我需要更重的兵器。”长臂猿想了想。

"A dragon king lives at the bottom of the Eastern Sea," he said. "Maybe he has a weapon you can use."

“东海海底有位龙王,也许他那里有您可以用的兵器。”

"That's a good idea," said Wukong. "I'll be back soon!"

“这个主意不错。”悟空说,“我很快就回来。”

He said a quick spell so he could breathe underwater.

他念了个咒语,这样他就可以在水下呼吸了。

Then he dived into the stream. He swam to the ocean and went deeper and deeper.

他跳进小溪,向大海游去。水越来越深。

Soon he arrived at a large palace.

很快他就来到了一座非常大的宫殿。

The Dragon King and the Dragon Queen were sitting at a table, having tea.

龙王和龙后正坐在桌边喝茶。

The Dragon King looked over when Wukong walked in.

悟空走进来的时候,龙王抬眼看了下他。

"Who are you?" asked the Dragon King.

“你是谁?”龙王问。

"I'm king of the Fruit and Flower Mountain," said Wukong. "My name is Sun Wukong."

“我是花果山的大王。”悟空说,“我就是孙悟空。”

"It's nice to meet you," said the queen. "Would you like some tea?"

“很高兴认识你。”龙后说,“你要喝点茶吗?”

"No, thank you," said Wukong. "I need a heavy weapon because I'm as strong as a god. I want one of yours."

“不了,谢谢!”悟空说,“我需要一件比较重的兵器,因为我的力量和神仙一样强大。我想从你们这里要件兵器。”

"Well," said the Dragon King, "I suppose I could find a weapon for you."

“好啊。”龙王说,“我想我可以找件兵器给你。”

The Dragon King looked at a turtle soldier. "Find a heavy weapon for Sun Wukong."

龙王看着一个龟兵说:“给孙悟空找件重的兵器来。”

The turtle went out of the room. He soon came back, slowly dragging a huge sword.

龟兵跑出去,很快就回来了,慢慢地拖着一把巨大的剑。

He dropped the sword and then fell down, out of breath.

他把剑放在地上,就摔倒了。

Wukong picked up the sword with no trouble at all.

悟空一下子就拿起了那把剑。

Swish! Swoosh! He waved the sword through the air, pretending to fight.

嗖!嗖!他拿着剑,一副要战斗的样子。

"This sword is too light," said Wukong. "Find me a better weapon!"

“这把剑太轻了!”悟空说,“给我找件更好的兵器吧!”

"This monkey is rude," the Dragon Queen whispered to her husband.

“这猴子太过分了!”龙后在龙王耳边说。

"You're right, dear," the Dragon King whispered back. "Let's find him something quickly so he'll leave."

“是的!”龙王也轻声说,“我们快点给他找件兵器把他打发走吧!”

A few minutes later, several turtles and octopuses dragged an enormous spear into the room.

过了一会儿,几个龟兵和章鱼精拖着一支巨大的矛走了进来。

"There," said the Dragon King. "That looks like a very heavy weapon. Right, Wukong?"

“在这!”龙王说,“这个兵器够重了吧?可以了吗,悟空?”

Wukong lifted the spear and began stabbing at the air.

悟空举起了矛,开始朝着空中刺去。

He shook his head. "This spear is too light."

他摇摇头,“这支矛太轻了。”

The Dragon King snorted. "That spear is very heavy! How can you say it's too light?"

龙王哼了一声:“这支矛已经很重了,你怎么能说它轻呢?”

"To me, it's light," said Wukong. "Find me something else!"

“对我来说,就是太轻了。”悟空说,“再给我找点别的来。”

"We don't have anything else," said the Dragon King. "That's the heaviest weapon we have."

“我们没有别的兵器了。”龙王说,“这就是我们最重的兵器了。”

Wukong stomped his foot. "I'm not leaving until I get what I want!"

悟空跺了跺脚。“要是拿不到我想要的兵器,我是不会走的!”

"This is an outrage!" said the Dragon King.

“这简直太让人生气了!”龙王说。

The queen whispered to him again. "What about the magical iron bar in the treasury? I'm sure that's heavy enough."

龙后再次跟龙王耳边说。“不如让他去看看宝库里的金箍棒吧?我敢保证,那一定够重了。”

"We can't give that to him," said the Dragon King. "It's a treasure from Heaven."

“我们不能给他!”龙王说,“那是天庭赐下的宝贝。”

"Who cares?" said the queen. "I just want this monkey out of my palace!"

“你担心什么?”龙后说,“我只想让这臭猴子离开我的宫殿!”

The Dragon King sighed. "Wukong, we might have something heavy enough for you."

龙王叹了口气。“悟空,我有件宝贝,对你来说肯定够重了。”

"Bring it here," said Wukong.

“拿来吧!”悟空说。

"We can't," said the Dragon King. "It's too heavy for anyone to lift. But if you can lift it, we'll let you have it."

“我们拿不动。”龙王说,“那宝贝实在太重了,没人抬得动。如果你抬得动的话,我们就把它送给你。”

"Show me where it is," said Wukong.

“带我看看那宝贝在哪儿。”悟空说。

The group went to the treasury.

大家一起去了宝库。

An enormous iron pillar stood in the center of the room. Beams of golden light shone from it.

宝库里立着一根巨大的铁柱。那铁柱闪着金光。

"That pillar was used to measure all the oceans and rivers," said the Dragon King.

“这跟铁柱,被称为金箍棒。是用来量海洋和河流的。”龙王说。

Wukong went closer and looked up at the large piece of iron.

悟空走近了些,抬头看着这根巨大的金箍棒。

The Dragon King folded his arms. "If you can pick it up, you can have it."

龙王双臂交叉。“如果你可以抬起它,就送给你了。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
outrage ['autreidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 暴行,侮辱,愤怒
vt. 凌辱,激怒

联想记忆
turtle ['tə:tl]

想一想再看

n. 海龟

联想记忆
sword [sɔ:d]

想一想再看

n. 剑,刀

 
treasury ['treʒəri]

想一想再看

n. 国库,宝库 (大写)财政部,国债

 
enormous [i'nɔ:məs]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,庞大的

联想记忆
spear [spiə]

想一想再看

n. 矛(正负电子对撞机)
vt 用矛刺

 
fell [fel]

想一想再看

动词fall的过去式
n. 兽皮
v

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 
pillar ['pilə]

想一想再看

n. 柱子,支柱,核心(人物)
vt. 用柱支

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。