手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第八章:天庭任职

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West Chapter 8 A Job in Heaven

《西游记》第八章:天庭任职

The Jade Emperor was sitting on his throne in the Cloud Palace.

玉帝坐在凌霄宝殿的宝座上。

A messenger ran into the court. "Your Majesty," he said. "The Dragon King of the Eastern Sea is here to see you."

信使跑进了宝殿。“陛下!”他说,“东海龙王有事求见。”

"Let him in," said the emperor.

“让他进来。”玉帝说。

The Dragon King entered and bowed. "Your Majesty, I want to make a complaint.

龙王走进来,向玉帝行礼。“陛下,我要告状。

Sun Wukong came to my palace and demanded I give him a weapon. He was very rude."

孙悟空去我的龙宫要求我给他兵器。他实在太过分了。”

Another messenger came in. "The Judge of the Dead would like to speak with you, Your Majesty."

又一个信使走了进来。“阎王有事求见,陛下。”

The judge came in and bowed. "A monkey named Sun Wukong crossed out his name in the Directory. I beg you to punish him!"

阎王走进来行了礼。“有个叫孙悟空的猴子把他的名字从生死簿里划去了。我请求您惩罚他!”

The Jade Emperor rubbed his chin. "Who is this Sun Wukong? And how did he become so powerful?"

玉帝摸了摸下巴。“这个孙悟空是谁?他为什么有那么大的本事?”

The emperor's captain stepped forward.

天将走上前来。

"Sun Wukong is the monkey who was born from a rock three hundred years ago. I don't know how he became so powerful."

“孙悟空就是三百年前出生的那只石猴。我不知道他是如何有这般本事的。”

"I remember him," said the Jade Emperor.

“我记得他。”玉帝说,

"I don't care how powerful he is. He is causing too much trouble on Earth.

“我不管他有多大本事。他在人间惹了太多麻烦了。

Gather some troops, and go down to the Fruit and Flower Mountain. I want Sun Wukong arrested!"

召集天兵天将,下界去花果山。给我把孙悟空抓来!”

The spirit of the planet Venus stepped forward.

太白金星走上前来。

"Your Majesty," said Venus. "Perhaps we could give Wukong a job here in Heaven."

“陛下!”太白金星说,“也许我们可以在天庭给那孙悟空一个工作。”

The Jade Emperor raised his eyebrows. "Why would we do that?"

玉帝扬起了眉毛。“我们为什么要这么做?”

"If he's here, we can keep an eye on him," said Venus. "It will be easy to keep him out of trouble."

“如果他来了天庭,我们就可以盯着他了。”太白金星说,“想让他不惹麻烦就会是件很容易的事情了。”

"Very well," said the emperor.

“非常好。”玉帝说,

"Invite Wukong to come to live in Heaven. He will be in charge of the Royal Peach Garden."

“那就请孙悟空来天庭吧。他就负责看管蟠桃园。”

Wukong was telling his subjects about his adventure in the Land of Darkness.

悟空正在给他的孩儿们讲在幽冥界的经历。

"After I crossed out my name," he said, "I crossed out all of your names too. We will all live forever!"

“我把我的名字划掉后,”他说,“我把你们所有人的名字也都划掉了。现在我们都可以长生不老了。”

The monkeys and apes cheered. "Hooray for the Monkey King!"

猴子们欢呼起来。“美猴王万岁!”

Wukong noticed a spirit standing nearby. He pulled out his iron bar.

悟空注意到一个神仙站在了他们身旁。他抽出了金箍棒。

"Who are you?" "I am Venus," said the spirit.

“你是谁?”“我是太白金星。”那个神仙说,

"I have an invitation from the Jade Emperor. He would like you to come to live in Heaven."

“我是来帮玉帝送信儿给你的。他希望你来天庭生活。”

Wukong smiled. "At last he has invited me."

悟空笑了。“最后,他还是得邀请我去嘛。”

When Wukong entered the royal court in the Cloud Palace, he didn't bow.

悟空走进凌霄宝殿,他并没有行礼。

"You're supposed to bow before the emperor," whispered Venus.

“你应该向玉帝行礼。”太白金星轻声说。

Wukong laughed. "I'm just as powerful as he is. Maybe he should bow before me!"

悟空大笑一声。“我和他一样强大。他该向我行礼才对!”

Everyone but the Jade Emperor gasped.

除了玉帝,殿上的每个人都倒吸了一口冷气。

Wukong looked at the emperor. "I'm glad you invited me.

悟空看着玉帝:“你请我来,我很高兴。

I guess you finally realized I should be living up here with all of you."

我想,你最终还是意识到了,我应该在这天庭里生活。”

"Show some respect," said Venus.

“注意你的言语。”太白金星说。

The Jade Emperor looked at Venus and smiled.

玉帝看了看太白金星,然后笑了。

"Wukong is new here. He can be excused for not acting the right way." He looked at Wukong.

“孙悟空刚来,他不行礼可以理解。”他看着孙悟空。

"I'm putting you in charge of the Royal Peach Garden. You will have a home here in Heaven.

“我让你负责蟠桃园。以后,天庭就是你的家了。

I hope you won't cause any more trouble."

我希望你不要再惹任何麻烦了。”

"That sounds perfect!" said Wukong.

“听上去不错!”悟空说。

The next morning a gardener showed Wukong the peach garden.

第二天一早,一个园丁就领着悟空去了蟠桃园。

Bright, glowing peaches hung from every branch.

这里的每根树枝上都挂满了闪闪发光的桃子。

"The peaches in this garden are not like peaches on Earth," said the gardener.

“这园里的桃子可不像人间的桃子。”园丁说,

"These peaches take thousands of years to become ripe. Anybody who takes a bite of one will live forever."

“这里的桃子要几千年才成熟。任何人只要咬上一口这桃子便可长生不老。”

Each morning Wukong inspected the trees in the garden. He took his job very seriously.

每天早上,悟空都在蟠桃园里查看桃树。他工作的时候非常严肃认真。

"These peaches look delicious," Wukong thought one day.

“这些桃子看上去很好吃。”悟空有一天想。

He looked around. None of the gardeners were in sight. "Maybe I'll eat one."

他看了看四周。一个园丁都没看到。“也许我可以吃一个。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
gather ['gæðə]

想一想再看

v. 聚集,聚拢,集合
n. 集合,聚集

 
acting ['æktiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出

 
adventure [əd'ventʃə]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,奇遇
vt. 冒险,尝试

联想记忆
throne [θrəun]

想一想再看

n. 王座,君主

 
messenger ['mesindʒə]

想一想再看

n. 报信者,先驱

 
bow [bau]

想一想再看

n. 弓
n. 鞠躬,蝴蝶结,船头

 
glowing ['gləuiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 灼热的,热情的,强烈的 动词glow的现在分词

 
invitation [.invi'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致

 
peach [pi:tʃ]

想一想再看

n. 桃子,桃树,桃红色
v. 揭发,检举

 
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。