手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第三章:菩提祖师

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West Chapter 3 Subodhi

《西游记》第三章 菩提祖师

Monkey sailed over the ocean for a long time. Finally he arrived at a new land.

美猴王用了很长时间,终于到了海的另一边。来到了一片新土地。

He walked for many years, visiting towns and meeting people.

他走了很多年,去了很多地方,见了很多人。

But he didn't find a sage anywhere.

但是,他没有找到圣人。

Eventually he came to mountains covered in thick forest.

最终,他来到了一座山上。

He headed up a steep mountain trail and soon heard chopping.

他走在山路上时,听到了砍木头的声音。

A woodcutter was chopping firewood.

一个樵夫正在砍柴。

"Hello," said Monkey. "Are there any sages in these mountains?"

“你好!”美猴王说,“这座山中有圣人吗?”

The woodcutter dropped his ax.

樵夫吓得斧子掉在地上。

"You're ... A monkey!" He said. "And you're talking!"

“你是...猴子?”他说,“你居然会说话?”

"Yes, I am," said Monkey. "And I want to live forever. Do you know where I can find a sage?"

“是的,我会说话。”美猴王说,“我想长生不老。你知道去哪里可以找到圣人吗?”

The woodcutter scratched his head.

樵夫抓了抓脑袋。

"Well, yes," he said. "A sage named Subodhi lives on this mountain. He is very wise."

“嗯,我知道的。”他说,“这山上有位名叫菩提祖师的圣人。他非常有智慧。”

Monkey was excited. "Where can I find him?"

美猴王很高兴。“我去哪里可以找到他?”

"Just follow this trail, and you will come to his home," said the woodcutter.

“你只要沿着这条小路一直走,就可以到达他的住所了。”樵夫说。

"Thank you!" said Monkey.

“谢谢。”美猴王说。

He waved good-bye to the woodcutter and ran up the trail.

他挥手告别了樵夫,沿着小路一直跑过去。

Soon he saw a temple built into the side of the mountain.

很快他就看到了山边的一座庙宇。

Subodhi was sitting with his students in the main room of his temple.

在这座庙的大厅里,菩提祖师正和他的弟子们坐在一起。

He looked at his oldest student.

他看着自己的大弟子。

"Please go to the door," said Subodhi. "A new student is about to arrive. Let him in."

“去开门吧,”菩提祖师说,“有个新弟子就要来了。让他进来。”

The student looked confused. "Okay, Master," he said.

那个弟子表情困惑。“遵命,师父。”他说。

The student got up and went to the door of the temple.

那个弟子起来走到庙门口。

He looked outside.

他向门外看去。

"Hello!" called Monkey. "I'm here to see Subodhi!"

“你好,”美猴王大声说,“我是来见菩提祖师的!”

A moment later Monkey was standing in front of the sage.

不一会儿,美猴王就站在了菩提祖师面前。

"I want to be your student," said Monkey.

“我想成为你的弟子。”美猴王说。

"But you're just a monkey," said Subodhi. "How can you be my student?"

“你只不过是一只猴子,”菩提祖师说,“你怎么能做我的弟子?”

Monkey laughed. "I might be a monkey. But I can walk and talk and do many other things.

美猴王笑了。“我确实是只猴子,但我能说会走。我还会做很多其他的事情。

I traveled almost 13 years to get here. I'm sure I can be your student."

我差不多用了13年的时间才来到这里。我很确定我有资格做你的弟子。”

Subodhi stared at Monkey for a moment.

菩提祖师看了美猴王一会儿。

"Who are your parents?" he asked.

“你的父母是谁?”他问。

Monkey scratched his head. "I don't have parents," he said. "I was born from a rock."

美猴王挠了挠头。“我没有父母。”他说,“我是石头里出来的。”

"Interesting," said Subodhi. "You were probably created by Heaven and Earth. You may be my student. You need a name."

“有意思,”菩提祖师说,“你可能是天地造出来的。你可以做我的弟子,但你需要一个名字。”

He thought for a moment. "I will call you Sun Wukong."

他思考了一会:“我就叫你孙悟空吧。”

For the next seven years, Sun Wukong lived in Subodhi's temple.

在之后的七年里,孙悟空一直住在庙里。

The monkey spent his days meditating, listening to his teacher's lessons, and doing chores.

这只猴子每天冥想、听他的师父讲课,还要做一些杂活儿。

One day, while Subodhi was giving a lesson, Wukong started to dance.

有一天,菩提祖师正在授课,悟空突然开始跳舞。

Subodhi stood up. "How dare you dance while I'm teaching?" he shouted.

菩提祖师站了起来。“你怎么敢在我授课的时候跳舞?”他大叫道。

"I'm sorry," said Wukong. "But I was so happy, I needed to dance!"

“对不起,”悟空说,“我实在太开心了,所以我要跳舞!”

Subodhi calmed down. "You're happy?"

菩提祖师平静下来。“你很开心?”

"Yes," said the monkey. "I love learning from you."

“是的,”孙悟空说,“跟着您学习,我很高兴。”

"Wukong, you have been here a long time. What would you like to learn from me?" Asked Subodhi.

“悟空,你来我这里已经很久了。你想跟我学习什么呢?”菩提祖师问。

Wukong shrugged. "I don't know. You tell me what I should learn."

悟空耸了耸肩。“我不知道,请您告诉我,我应该学习什么。”

"Well," said Subodhi, "I can teach you how to tell the future. Would you like that?"

“好吧,”菩提祖师说,“我可以教你预知未来。你喜欢学这个吗?”

"Maybe," said Wukong. "Will it make me live forever?"

“可能吧。”悟空说,“这会让我长生不老吗?”

"Of course not," said Subodhi.

“当然不能。”菩提祖师说。

"Then forget it," said Wukong. "Teach me something else."

“那就算了。”悟空说,“教我点别的吧!”

"Hmm," said Subodhi. "How about some magic breathing exercises?"

“嗯。”菩提祖师说,“那么学点神奇的呼吸之术怎么样?”

"Will they make me live forever?" asked Wukong.

“它能让我长生不老吗?”悟空问。

"No," said Subodhi, frowning.

“不能。”菩提祖师皱着眉头说。

"Then I'm not interested," said Wukong.

“那我没兴趣。”悟空说。

Subodhi became angry. He stood up and knocked Wukong on the head three times. Then he left the room.

菩提祖师生气了。他站起身来在悟空的脑袋上敲了三下,然后离开了。

"Wukong," said another student. "You were very rude to Master!"

“悟空,”另一个弟子说,“你对师父太无礼了!”

The other students all agreed. Wukong, however, smiled.

其他学生也这么想。悟空却笑了。

None of the other students knew it, but Subodhi had given him a secret message.

其他弟子都不明白。刚刚菩提祖师是给了悟空一个暗示。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
steep [sti:p]

想一想再看

adj. 陡峭的,险峻的,(价格)过高的
n.

联想记忆
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
sage [seidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 圣人,哲人 n. 鼠尾草,蒿属植物 adj. 贤明

 
woodcutter ['wud,kʌtə]

想一想再看

n. 樵夫;划木者;木版雕刻师

 
rude [ru:d]

想一想再看

adj. 粗鲁的,无礼的
adj. 粗糙

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 《西游记》第一章:石猴出世 2024-09-21
  • 《西游记》第二章:水帘洞 2024-09-22
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。