手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 你的厨艺弱爆了 > 正文

这真的不是培根蛋酱意面

来源:可可英语 编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Fai schifo a cuchinaray, yeah schifo totalmente.

你的厨艺弱爆了,完全弱爆了。

Today we're not making spaghetti carbonara.

今天我们不做培根蛋酱意大利面。

Some might say it looks like carbonara and tastes like carbonara,

有些人可能会说它看起来像培根蛋酱意大利面,尝起来像培根蛋酱意大利面,

and has the mouth feel of carbonara, the substances which make up carbonara, and even the personality of carbonara.

有培根蛋酱意大利面的口感,有构成培根蛋酱意大利面的物质,甚至还有培根蛋酱意大利面的个性。

But this is not carbonara.

但这不是培根蛋酱意大利面。

The first thing we're gonna do is chop up some bacon.

我们首先切一些培根。

That's how you know this isn't carbonara because if you were making carbonara, you'd be using guanciale.

看到这里你就知道这不是培根蛋酱意大利面,因为如果你做培根蛋酱意大利面,你会使用猪脸肉。

You see bacon comes from a pig.

你知道培根是从猪身上来的。

Whereas guanciale comes from a completely different animal known as an Italian hog.

然而猪脸肉来自一种完全不同的动物,这种动物被称为意大利猪。

Oh my god, it looks like a jumping Italian horse.

哦我的上帝啊,它看起来像一匹跳跃的意大利马。

You wouldn't make a hamburger with tiger meat, would you?

你不会用老虎肉做汉堡包,对吧?

I really hope not. Tigers are expensive.

我希望你不会。老虎很贵的。

Carbonara is typically made with egg yolks, which is irrelevant since that's not what we're making.

培根蛋酱意面通常是用蛋黄做的,这与我们正在做的无关。

Don't accidentally use egg yolkos because banjo music really ruins this dish.

不要不小心使用了流心蛋黄,因为班卓音乐真的会毁了这道菜。(注:egg banjo是一种三明治,banjo是班卓琴。)

We'll just do the classic "hold the yolk with your thumb" trick.

我们可以用经典的“拇指托住蛋黄”手法。

You can also do the back and forth and whoops, maybe no fourth.

也可以来回倒掉蛋清,哎呀,不能再倒第四次了。

Then make the traditional Italian egg white on toast as an appetizer.

然后做传统的意大利蛋白吐司作为开胃菜。

This is Pecorino Romano, which you would use if you're making carbonara, which we are not.

这是罗马羊奶酪,如果你要做培根蛋酱意面的话就会用到它,但我们不做这道菜。

It gets its name because the romans who made it had huge pecs, so did the goats. They worked out together.

这个奶酪之所以叫这个名字,是因为做奶酪的罗马人有巨大的胸肌,山羊也有胸肌,他们一起健身。

If you want to shred your Pecorino more easily, you can take a drill, put in a nice big fat screw, then you just...

如果你想更轻松地刮碎罗马羊奶酪,你可以拿一个钻头,放入一个大螺丝,然后......

Okay. So. All right. If I just maybe...

好吧。没事没事。要不我......

Okay. Let's try. No.

好好好,我试试......不行。

See in my mind when I thought of this, none of the physics of how objects work would be an issue.

我在脑子里想到这个办法的时候,所有物理原理都没什么问题。

If you're Italian, you don't need to innovate in this department because you simply harness the power of your hand gesture muscles, which makes this a breeze.

如果你是意大利人,那么你不需要在这个地方创新,因为你只需利用你做手势锻炼出来的手部肌肉的力量,刮个干酪就是小菜一碟。

So grate that into the egg yolk and wang-jangle until you've got Cadbury cream egg filling.

把干酪碎刮进蛋黄中并搅拌,直到它变成吉百利奶油蛋黄馅。

Then we'll add some pepper pepper pepper and we're good to go.

然后加一些胡椒胡椒胡椒,然后就可以走起了。

And by go I mean stay because we're not done yet.

我说的走起意思是别动,因为我们还没有结束。

The original carbonara was made with hand-crafted artisan spaghetti from the Veneto region.

最初的培根蛋酱意面是用威尼托地区手工制作的意大利面条做的。

Each spaghetti crafts person had their signature style.

每一位意大利面手工艺人都有自己的标志性风格。

Sadly these days you can only find straight parallel lined spaghetti.

可悲的是,如今你只能找到这种直的、平行排列的意大利面条。

And you know it just really angers me that the craft has been left to die like nobody cares.

你知道吗,这真的让我很生气,这项手艺就这样失传了,好像没有人在乎。

Now let's just fix that.

现在我们把面条修好。

Breaking spaghetti in half is a crime in Italy and can land you in prison for up to nine months.

在意大利,将意大利面折断成两半是一种犯罪行为,最高可判处九个月监禁。

It sounds like an overreaction at first, but the crack sends a shock wave through the noodle, rendering it completely inedible.

这乍一听像是过度反应,但折断面条会在面条中引发冲击波,使面条完全无法食用。

I mean look, here's uncracked spaghetti and cracked spaghetti.

我的意思是你看,这里有完整的意大利面和折断的意大利面。

If I didn't tell you that was spaghetti, you wouldn't have even recognized it.

如果我不告诉你这是意大利面,你根本都认不出来这是什么。

Now we'll salt this angry water. Then throw in 156 pieces of spaghetti.

现在给这锅愤怒的水加点盐。然后放入156根意大利面条。

Keep wang-jangling that for the first bit to keep the spag from getting clingy.

刚开始的时候要不断搅拌,防止意大利面条粘在一起。

By the way spaghetti gets its name because you put it in the spa to cook it.

顺便说一下,意大利面条之所以叫这个名字,是因为你把它放在spa里煮。

Now our bacon is cooked.

培根已经煎好了。

We're turning the burner off, waiting for this to cool at least until there's no sizzle left in a bit longer so we don't overcook the egg-based sauce.

把火关了,让培根冷却一下,至少等到它不再发出咝咝的声音,这样等一下就不会把鸡蛋酱煮过头了。

Now I'm gonna put in a bit of pasta water into our sauce ingredients to get that cheese a head start on the melting.

现在我要把一点面汤放入酱汁配料中,让奶酪提前融化。

Noodles go straight from the water into the bacon pan for a wangjangulation.

面条从水中捞起,直接放入有培根的平底锅例,然后搅拌均匀。

Since noodles are made of wheat, this is essentially a bacon sandwich.

因为面条是由小麦制成的,所以这本质上就是一个培根三明治。

But if you do strain the spaghetti, make sure to set aside some pasta water.

但如果你确实要滤干意大利面,一定要留出一些面汤。

And if you get the kind of spaghetti with dehydrated meatballs, just pull those out and set them aside.

如果你买的是那种带有脱水肉丸的意大利面,那就把肉丸挑出来放在一边。

Then the sauce can go in, and the egg will cook just enough from the noodle heat,

然后可以加入酱汁,面条的热度刚好可以把鸡蛋变熟,

although you can put your pan on low to thicken it as well because here comes more pasta water, making this nice and creamy.

虽然你也可以把锅放在小火上,让酱汁变浓稠,然后再加一点面汤,这样可以让酱汁变成美味的奶油状。

The reason we add pasta water is so that if you get thirsty while you eat it, you don't have to stop and have a drink.

我们加面汤的原因是,如果你在吃面的时候感到口渴,你就不必停下来去喝水了。

Here I'm trying to do that fancy twist thing.

我现在在试着做那个很酷的扭转动作。

But it's not the right tool and I don't know what I'm doing.

但这个工具不对,我不知道我在干什么。

We'll finish with some pepper pepper pepper and some more Pecorino or Parmesan, and here we don't have carbonara.

最后加一些胡椒、更多的罗马羊奶酪或帕尔马干酪,这样做的面就不是培根蛋酱意面。

If you want to really see not carbonara, here's an earlier attempt where I used whole egg.

如果你想看到绝对不是培根蛋酱意面的东西,那么这是我之前用全蛋试着做的面条。

Too much heat and for some reason, this came out way worse than my first attempt with whole egg, which came out great.

因为火太大以及某些原因,这比我第一次用全蛋做的效果要糟糕得多,第一次效果挺好。

So are the whims of the food gods.

美食之神就是这么的捉摸不定。

If this was carbonara, you'd have to be careful because the carbonistic properties are so fragile that if you put in a single pea, it would no longer be carbonara.

如果这是培根蛋酱意面,那么你得小心,因为培根蛋酱意面的特性是如此脆弱,如果你放进去一颗豌豆,它就不再是培根蛋酱意面了。

It's a mysterious chemical reaction that only Italian scientists understand.

这是一种只有意大利科学家才懂的神秘化学反应。

I'm cravign carbonara.

我渴望培根蛋酱意面。

But I don't have guanciale.

但是我没有猪脸肉。

Should I even really bother? Oh no.

我应该费心去找猪脸肉吗?哦不。

Will they judge my carbonara?

他们会评判我的培根蛋酱意面吗?

Cause I want some cream upon it.

因为我想在上面加点奶油。

Should I eat it in the closet? Oh no.

我应该躲在衣柜里吃吗?哦不。

What have I done?

我做了什么?

I've added peas to a dish that is otherwise vegetable free.

我在原本没有蔬菜的菜肴中加入了豌豆。

They say it's no game.

他们说这可不是闹着玩。

Hang my head as I eat this not carbonara in shame.

吃着这个不算培根蛋酱意面的面条,我羞愧地低下了头。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
drill [dril]

想一想再看

n. 钻孔机,钻子,反复操练,播种机
v. 钻

 
grate [greit]

想一想再看

n. 栅 vt. 磨擦,磨碎

联想记忆
thumb [θʌm]

想一想再看

n. 拇指
v. 翻阅,示意要求搭车

 
essentially [i'senʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 本质上,本来

 
harness ['hɑ:nis]

想一想再看

n. 马具,系在身上的绳子,甲胄,安全带
vt

 
thicken ['θikən]

想一想再看

v. 变浓,使 ... 厚,变为复杂

 
bother ['bɔðə]

想一想再看

v. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心
n. 烦扰,

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
artisan [ɑ:ti'zæn]

想一想再看

n. 工匠,技工

联想记忆
gesture ['dʒestʃə]

想一想再看

n. 手势,姿态
v. 作手势表达

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。