She felt as if she were back again on the marble steps outside the Great Sept of Baelor,
她觉得自己仿佛又回到贝勒大圣堂外的大理石讲坛上,
waiting for her prince to grant her father mercy, and instead hearing him command Ilyn Payne to strike off his head.
等待她的王子宽恕父亲,结果却听他命伊林·派恩砍下父亲的首级。
Please, she prayed fervently, make him say it, make him say it.
诸神啊,求求您们,她热切地祈祷,求求您们让他说出来,说出来吧。
Lord Tywin was looking at his grandson.
泰温公爵紧盯着外孙不放。
Joff gave him a sullen glance, shifted his feet, and helped Ser Garlan Tyrell to rise.
乔佛里闷闷不乐地望了他一眼,迈步上前,扶起加兰·提利尔爵士。
“The gods are good. I am free to heed my heart.
“既然诸神慈悲,吾当自主行为,以遂心愿。
I will wed your sweet sister, and gladly, ser.”
爵士先生,迎娶令妹,实乃无上之喜。”
He kissed Ser Garlan on a bearded cheek as the cheers rose all around them.
他亲吻加兰爵士留胡子的脸颊,欢呼在周围响起。
Sansa felt curiously light-headed.
珊莎感到一阵奇妙的晕眩。
I am free. She could feel eyes upon her.
我自由了!无数的眼光落在她身上,
I must not smile, she reminded herself.
不能笑!她提醒自己。
The queen had warned her; no matter what she felt inside, the face she showed the world must look distraught.
太后警告过她:不管她心里怎么想,脸上都必须表现出伤心欲绝的神色。
“I will not have my son humiliated,” Cersei said.
“我不许我儿子丢脸,”瑟曦说,
“Do you hear me?”
“你清楚了吗?”
“Yes. But if I’m not to be queen, what will become of me?”
“是的。嗯……现在我做不了王后了,以后怎么办呢?”
“That will need to be determined.
“这事以后决定。
For the moment, you shall remain here at court, as our ward.”
目前你得留在朝中,接受我们的监护。”
“I want to go home.”
“我想回家。”
The queen was irritated by that.
太后不耐烦起来:
“You should have learned by now, none of us get the things we want.”
“你还没弄明白吗?没有人能够随心所欲。”
I have, though, Sansa thought.
可我已经满足了,珊莎心想。
I am free of Joffrey.
我摆脱了乔佛里。
I will not have to kiss him, nor give him my maidenhood, nor bear him children.
不需要亲吻他,不需要将童贞给他,不需要怀他的孩子。
Let Margaery Tyrell have all that, poor girl.
这一切都留给玛格丽·提利尔吧,可怜的女孩。
By the time the outburst died down, the Lord of Highgarden had been seated at the council table,
等喊声渐息,高庭公爵也在议事桌旁就座,
and his sons had joined the other knights and lordlings beneath the windows.
他的儿子们则退到高窗下与其他骑士、领主站到一起。
Sansa tried to look forlorn and abandoned as other heroes of the Battle of the Blackwater were summoned forth to receive their rewards.
黑水河一役的英雄们继续入厅领赏,珊莎努力装出一副失魂落魄的样子。
Paxter Redwyne, Lord of the Arbor, marched down the length of the hall flanked by his twin sons Horror and Slobber,
青亭岛领主派克斯特·雷德温沿着大厅迈步上前,两边是他的孪生子“恐怖爵士”和“流口水爵士”,
the former limping from a wound taken in the battle.
前者在战斗中受了点腿伤,显得一瘸一拐。
After them followed Lord Mathis Rowan in a snowy doublet with a great tree worked upon the breast in gold thread;
在他们之后有身穿雪白上衣的马图斯·罗宛伯爵,胸前用金丝纹着一棵大树;
Lord Randyll Tarly, lean and balding, a greatsword across his back in a jeweled scabbard;
瘦长而秃顶的蓝道·塔利伯爵,背后斜挎一把珠宝剑鞘的巨剑;
Ser Kevan Lannister, a thickset balding man with a close-trimmed beard;
凯冯·兰尼斯特爵士是个秃顶粗汉,胡子修得很短;