“My lord,” she asked, “will you take me with you when you leave Harrenhal?”
“大人,”她开口问,“您离开赫伦堡时会带上我吗?”
He turned to stare at her, and from the look in his eyes it was as if his supper had just spoken to him.
他转头凝视她,那眼神好像是突然发现晚餐在跟他说话。
“Did I give you leave to question me, Nan?”
“我准你问话了吗,娜娜?”
“No, my lord.” She lowered her eyes.
“没有,大人。”她垂下眼。
“You should not have spoken, then. Should you?”
“那你就不该问,对不对?”
“No. My lord.”
“不该,大人。”
For a moment he looked amused.
他似乎有些兴致。
“I will answer you, just this once.
“念你是初犯,我就回答一次,下不为例。
I mean to give Harrenhal to Lord Vargo when I return to the north.
我回北方的时候,打算把赫伦堡交给瓦格大人。
You will remain here, with him.”
你和他一起留下。”
“But I don’t—” she started.
“但我不——”
He cut her off.
他打断她,
“I am not in the habit of being questioned by servants, Nan.
“我没有被仆人质问的习惯,娜娜,
Must I have your tongue out?”
要我把你的舌头拔出来吗?”
He would do it as easily as another man might cuff a dog, she knew.
她知道这种事对他而言,就跟别人打狗一样稀松平常。
“No, my lord.”
“不,大人。”
“Then I’ll hear no more from you?”
“那就把嘴巴闭上。”
“No, my lord.”
“是,大人。”
“Go, then. I shall forget this insolence.”
“去吧,我原谅你这次无礼。”
Arya went, but not to her bed.
艾莉亚离开了,但没有回去睡觉,
When she stepped out into the darkness of the yard, the guard on the door nodded at her and said,
她走出焚王塔,踏入黑暗的庭院,门口的卫兵点头道:
“Storm coming. Smell the air?”
“闻到了吧?暴风雨要来了。”
The wind was gusting, flames swirling off the torches mounted atop the walls beside the rows of heads.
阵阵朔风吹过,插在城墙上那些头颅旁的火炬急速摇曳。
On her way to the godswood, she passed the Wailing Tower where once she had lived in fear of Weese.
去神木林途中,经过号哭塔,她曾在那儿生活,生活在对威斯的恐惧中。
The Freys had taken it for their own since Harrenhal’s fall.
赫伦堡陷落后,佛雷家将它占用,
She could hear angry voices coming from a window, many men talking and arguing all at once.
她听见一扇窗户内传来许多愤怒的话音,一群人在同时叫嚣,讨论争吵。
Elmar was sitting on the steps outside, alone.
艾尔玛独坐在门外台阶上。
“What’s wrong?”
“怎么回事?”
Arya asked him when she saw the tears shining on his cheeks.
艾莉亚问,他的脸颊闪着泪花。
“My princess,” he sobbed.
“我的公主,”他抽泣着,
“We’ve been dishonored, Aenys says.
“伊尼斯说我们蒙羞了。
There was a bird from the Twins.
从孪河城派来一只鸟,
My lord father says I’ll need to marry someone else, or be a septon.”
父亲大人要我跟别人结婚,否则就去做修士。”
A stupid princess, she thought, that’s nothing to cry over.
就为一个笨公主,她心想,有什么好哭的。
“My brothers might be dead,” she confided.
“我弟弟可能死了呢,”她向他吐露。
Elmar gave her a scornful look.
艾尔玛轻蔑地看了她一眼,
“No one cares about a serving girl’s brothers.”
“谁在乎女仆的弟弟呀。”
It was hard not to hit him when he said that.
听他这么说,很难不去揍他。