手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 名著精讲 > 《绿野仙踪》 > 正文

59 第十六章:稻草人获得脑子

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Next morning the Scarecrow said to his friends:
  • 第二天早晨,稻草人兴奋地对他的朋友们说:
  • "Congratulate me. I am going to Oz to get my brains at last. When I return I shall be as other men are."
  • “请你们为我祝福。毕竟奥芝要给我脑子了。当我回来的时候,我就和你们一样。”
  • "I have always liked you as you were," said Dorothy simply.
  • 多萝茜却天真地说:“我倒喜欢你原来的那个样子。”
  • "It is kind of you to like a Scarecrow," he replied.
  • “你只是喜欢一个稻草人的模样,”他回答说。
  • "But surely you will think more of me when you hear the splendid thoughts my new brain is going to turn out."
  • “但是,如果你听到美丽的思想在我的新头脑里产生的时候,你一定会更加看重我了。”
  • Then he said good-bye to them all in a cheerful voice "good-bye" and went to the Throne Room, where he rapped upon the door.
  • 于是他用充满着快活的声音,向他们说了一声再会,就径直走到那宫殿中去了,敲着门。
  • "Come in," said Oz.
  • 奥芝说:“进来吧。”
  • The Scarecrow went in and found the little man sitting down by the window, engaged in deep thought.
  • 稻草人大胆地走了进去,看见这个矮小的老头儿,正坐在窗前,像是在思索问题。
  • "I have come for my brains," remarked the Scarecrow, a little uneasily.
  • 稻草人有一点儿局促不安地说:“我来取你答应给我的脑子。”
  • "Oh, yes; sit down in that chair, please," replied Oz.
  • “啊,好吧;请坐在那椅子上。”奥芝回答说。
  • "You must excuse me for taking your head off, but I shall have to do it in order to put your brains in their proper place."
  • “请你原谅我,我要取下你的头来。好让我把脑子放在你脑壳里的合适的地方,我必须这样做。”
  • "That's all right," said the Scarecrow. "You are quite welcome to take my head off, as long as it will be a better one when you put it on again."
  • “那无所谓,”稻草人说“非常乐意你拿下我的头,我相信当它安放上去的时候,是更聪明的一个。”
  • So the Wizard unfastened his head and emptied out the straw.
  • 然后,魔术家拿下他的头来,挖空了稻草。
  • Then he entered the back room and took up a measure of bran, which he mixed with a great many pins and needles.
  • 跑进后面的房间里去,拿出用许多的钉和针混合起来的东西来。
  • Having shaken them together thoroughly, he filled the top of the Scarecrow's head with the mixture and stuffed the rest of the space with straw, to hold it in place.
  • 接着,把它摇晃几下,它们便更紧密地互相交错着,他把这些混合物塞进稻草人的脑壳里,用稻草塞满了其余空隙的地方,让它的头膨胀起来。
  • When he had fastened the Scarecrow's head on his body again he said to him,
  • 当他再在稻草人的身体上紧了他的头时,对他说:
  • "Hereafter you will be a great man, for I have given you a lot of bran-new brains."
  • “从此以后,你不再是稻草人了,因为你有了一个全新的脑子。”
  • The Scarecrow was both pleased and proud at the fulfillment of his greatest wish,
  • 稻草人终于得到了它渴望已久的脑子,又兴奋,又骄傲,
  • and having thanked Oz warmly he went back to his friends.
  • 热情地感谢奥芝,便跑回到他的朋友们那里。
  • Dorothy looked at him curiously. His head was quite bulged out at the top with brains.
  • 多萝茜好奇地看着他。发现他的头顶上面脑子隆起而显得非常突出。
  • "How do you feel?" she asked.
  • “你有什么感觉?”她问。
  • "I feel wise indeed," he answered earnestly.
  • “我觉得自己变得聪明了,”他很诚恳地回答。
  • "When I get used to my brains I shall know everything."
  • “当我用惯了这个脑子时,我会知道一切的事情。”
  • "Why are those needles and pins sticking out of your head?" asked the Tin Woodman.
  • 铁皮人问道:“这些针和钉为什么戳出在你的头外面?”
  • "That is proof that he is sharp," remarked the Lion.
  • 狮子解释着说:“那恰好说明他的思想是尖锐的。”
  • "Well, I must go to Oz and get my heart," said the Woodman.
  • “好,我必须跑到奥芝那里去要我的心,”铁皮人急切地说着。
  • So he walked to the Throne Room and knocked at the door.
  • 便匆忙走到宫殿里去,叩着门。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Next morning the Scarecrow said to his friends:

第二天早晨,稻草人兴奋地对他的朋友们说:

"Congratulate me. I am going to Oz to get my brains at last. When I return I shall be as other men are."

“请你们为我祝福。毕竟奥芝要给我脑子了。当我回来的时候,我就和你们一样。”

"I have always liked you as you were," said Dorothy simply.

多萝茜却天真地说:“我倒喜欢你原来的那个样子。”

"It is kind of you to like a Scarecrow," he replied.

“你只是喜欢一个稻草人的模样,”他回答说。

"But surely you will think more of me when you hear the splendid thoughts my new brain is going to turn out."

“但是,如果你听到美丽的思想在我的新头脑里产生的时候,你一定会更加看重我了。”

Then he said good-bye to them all in a cheerful voice "good-bye" and went to the Throne Room, where he rapped upon the door.

于是他用充满着快活的声音,向他们说了一声再会,就径直走到那宫殿中去了,敲着门。

"Come in," said Oz.

奥芝说:“进来吧。”

The Scarecrow went in and found the little man sitting down by the window, engaged in deep thought.

稻草人大胆地走了进去,看见这个矮小的老头儿,正坐在窗前,像是在思索问题。

"I have come for my brains," remarked the Scarecrow, a little uneasily.

稻草人有一点儿局促不安地说:“我来取你答应给我的脑子。”

"Oh, yes; sit down in that chair, please," replied Oz.

“啊,好吧;请坐在那椅子上。”奥芝回答说。

"You must excuse me for taking your head off, but I shall have to do it in order to put your brains in their proper place."

“请你原谅我,我要取下你的头来。好让我把脑子放在你脑壳里的合适的地方,我必须这样做。”

"That's all right," said the Scarecrow. "You are quite welcome to take my head off, as long as it will be a better one when you put it on again."

“那无所谓,”稻草人说“非常乐意你拿下我的头,我相信当它安放上去的时候,是更聪明的一个。”

So the Wizard unfastened his head and emptied out the straw.

然后,魔术家拿下他的头来,挖空了稻草。

Then he entered the back room and took up a measure of bran, which he mixed with a great many pins and needles.

跑进后面的房间里去,拿出用许多的钉和针混合起来的东西来。

Having shaken them together thoroughly, he filled the top of the Scarecrow's head with the mixture and stuffed the rest of the space with straw, to hold it in place.

接着,把它摇晃几下,它们便更紧密地互相交错着,他把这些混合物塞进稻草人的脑壳里,用稻草塞满了其余空隙的地方,让它的头膨胀起来。

When he had fastened the Scarecrow's head on his body again he said to him,

当他再在稻草人的身体上紧了他的头时,对他说:

"Hereafter you will be a great man, for I have given you a lot of bran-new brains."

“从此以后,你不再是稻草人了,因为你有了一个全新的脑子。”

The Scarecrow was both pleased and proud at the fulfillment of his greatest wish,

稻草人终于得到了它渴望已久的脑子,又兴奋,又骄傲,

and having thanked Oz warmly he went back to his friends.

热情地感谢奥芝,便跑回到他的朋友们那里。

Dorothy looked at him curiously. His head was quite bulged out at the top with brains.

多萝茜好奇地看着他。发现他的头顶上面脑子隆起而显得非常突出。

"How do you feel?" she asked.

“你有什么感觉?”她问。

"I feel wise indeed," he answered earnestly.

“我觉得自己变得聪明了,”他很诚恳地回答。

"When I get used to my brains I shall know everything."

“当我用惯了这个脑子时,我会知道一切的事情。”

"Why are those needles and pins sticking out of your head?" asked the Tin Woodman.

铁皮人问道:“这些针和钉为什么戳出在你的头外面?”

"That is proof that he is sharp," remarked the Lion.

狮子解释着说:“那恰好说明他的思想是尖锐的。”

"Well, I must go to Oz and get my heart," said the Woodman.

“好,我必须跑到奥芝那里去要我的心,”铁皮人急切地说着。

So he walked to the Throne Room and knocked at the door.

便匆忙走到宫殿里去,叩着门。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的

 
throne [θrəun]

想一想再看

n. 王座,君主

 
cheerful ['tʃiəfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 高兴的,快乐的

 
tin [tin]

想一想再看

n. 罐头,锡,听头
adj. 锡制的

 
measure ['meʒə]

想一想再看

n. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸
v. 测量,量

联想记忆
fulfillment [ful'filmənt]

想一想再看

n. 满足,完成,履行

 
congratulate [kən'grætju.leit]

想一想再看

vt. 祝贺

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。